Author Topic: Does the skateboard community owe the rollerblade community an apology for bias?  (Read 7554 times)

Tear Up a Trick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
“Does the skateboard community owe the rollerblade community an apology for years of bias?”

How do we feel about rollerbladers?  Why do we feel that way?  Were we taught to feel that way?  Do we feel that way simply because they are different than we are?

Have we used inappropriate and unkind terminology to refer to rollerbladers?

Have we made rollerbladers feel unwelcome, excluded, or even inferior to our supreme way of life?

Could we make good on years of inequality, and be an example to our world, by putting to rest years of extreme bias, acknowledging the pain that has been caused over the years, sincerely apologizing to the rollerblade community, and offering to help make the world a place of love and equality where skaters and bladers roll around in unity?

How can skaters claim to want to help in other areas of social injustice if we refuse to acknowledge our long held prejudices against human beings who rollerblade?

Also, what time is it where you are?

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
nah rollerblading is a choice and it looks gross

I hate on slacklining a lot more but they don't show up to the skatepark going backwards at 100mph

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
I haven't seen anyone on rollerblades in geez 20 years. Unless they're playing hockey and I consider that... playing roller hockey.

This reminded me of Big Brother though

Deputy Wendell

without a doubt, you first

Meekin

• Rep: 5
There was an interview with TK, when he was a plumber. He got asked if he gets recognized on the job and his response was "No. Plumbin in disguise." Everyone on SLAP thought he said "put him in the sky"

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Nothing but love for the 'bladers' man.  Dog gone old vets keepin it alive.  At least they're off the couch, ya know?
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3378
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
Fuckin' fruitbooters.

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
U-N-I-T-Y

ha.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
i only hate scooters tbh

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
We basically drove them out of everywhere with homophobic insults. The 90s were a shitty era

Bob Dylan Jaeb

Arlo Eisenburg is infinitely cooler than any modern pro skater

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
I really don't give a shit anymore about what anyone is riding as long as they are staying out of the fucking way. It still looks goofy as hell though.

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
How do you apologize to a species that went extinct due to their own fruition?

Backfootnofoot

• Rep: 15

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated

imposter

• Rep: -63
Shut up.

Bladers are subhuman
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 12:41:06 PM by imposter »

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
Absolutely, they deserve justice for the years of bullying and discrimination from skateboarders. I think we should all start working on our public apologies immediately. #rollerbladerslifesmatter
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
I think I care less about what your'e riding as long as you stay out of the way. The other thing that happens at my park, is parents bring their kids to the park to ride tricycles around or just run around.

It's kinda strange because there are plenty of other places to let your child run around

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
i cant lie.  i never personally rollerbladed, but rachard johnson and emagdnim was a heavy influence in the early 00s

now that im older im pretty sure emagdnim was a bite of aws

ha.

Biggiemouths

• Rep: -43
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
I'll throw in my girls answer when i asked her how would she feel if i was a blader :
I don't have anything against them, they just look wack and not Manly enough.

She does have quads and is into moxy rollerskates and all, but every time she sees a picture of a guy blading she has the sale answer, it's been 6 yrs now hahaha hell she Even diss her only blader friend

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1424
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
i knew some really cool cats who wore the boots. same with bmx. far more of them are still doing it than the dudes i grew up skating with too. that might be a socioeconomic piece though. i always found dudes who booted and bmxed came from more intact families and had more $$ and subsequently more parental supervision, leading to less addiction and street crime...
Support your local skate shop

KINGTONY

• Rep: -81

darkthrone

• Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Hell no. Thankfully they developed a vaccine for that shit.

KINGTONY

that vaccine is called hey get the fuck out of the spot it saved a whole generation fam

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
    • My Wife avatar image
Rollerblading is gangsta, where tf yall been?

"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

DarthDingusMaximus

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 801
Reparations for Rollerbladers!

joe momma

You could make the argument that rollerblading is more core than skating. We got adopted by the mainstream and they got left in the dust. Where do you even buy those things? There's no industry or validation from popular culture. Anyone doing that shit and being completely disrespected for the last 25 years really doesn't give a fuck what we think.

EastKremer

• Rep: -63

KINGTONY

You could make the argument that rollerblading is more core than skating. We got adopted by the mainstream and they got left in the dust. Where do you even buy those things? There's no industry or validation from popular culture. Anyone doing that shit and being completely disrespected for the last 25 years really doesn't give a fuck what we think.
true but they still look fuckin stupid

Fuck UWK. Donut operater seems like a good guy.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 06:45:02 AM by KINGTONY »