Author Topic: Johan Stuckey Cancelled  (Read 122423 times)

so HSU me

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Re: Johan Stuckey Cancelled
« Reply #750 on: July 07, 2020, 02:03:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Who needs/is gonna genuinely miss this dude in skateboarding? Surprised he has as many fans as he does in the first place, go ahead and put him out to pasture. Good riddance. Chris Mango has always been the superior wise cracking, bespectacled, goofball skater anyway, and Frog comes off as a less trendy, more genuine version of what WKND does, if you ask me.
[close]

To me, this will always be the superior bespectacled, wise-cracking skater

Jerry for the win

Spacetravelisboring

• Rep: -422
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #751 on: July 07, 2020, 02:12:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Who needs/is gonna genuinely miss this dude in skateboarding? Surprised he has as many fans as he does in the first place, go ahead and put him out to pasture. Good riddance. Chris Mango has always been the superior wise cracking, bespectacled, goofball skater anyway, and Frog comes off as a less trendy, more genuine version of what WKND does, if you ask me.
[close]

[close]

Jerry for the win

Jerry's bag of suck is superior to both stuckey and Mango's whole careers put together .

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 314
« Reply #752 on: July 07, 2020, 02:54:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Jerry for the win
[close]

Jerry's bag of suck is superior to both stuckey and Mango's whole careers put together .
We’re gonna still be talking about Jerry’s Bag of Suck part in ten years.

Spacetravelisboring

« Reply #753 on: July 07, 2020, 04:29:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Jerry for the win
[close]

[close]
We’re gonna still be talking about Jerry’s Bag of Suck part in ten years.

Exactly

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #754 on: July 07, 2020, 06:06:58 PM »
Expand Quote
LOL straight people get so upset about sti's
[close]
Herpes is barely a real STI

Gay, most of my straight friends don’t know a single person who has HIV. I always thought that was weird, even the needle sharing fentanyl junkies don’t seem to come across it much. Meanwhile, in my neck of the woods....
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #755 on: July 07, 2020, 06:22:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Emily posted a story about her and Grant “having a lengthy conversation about accountability” and they now follow each other on Insta. I don’t know what that means, but I really hope WKND is doing something to make this right, if there’s anything to do at all.
[close]

[close]

[close]
Every video I link goes private within hours. (This one was Grant doing a parody of Jeremy Rodgers). They are nervously refreshing this thread boys. We run this industry

n0torious

• Rep: 153
« Reply #756 on: July 07, 2020, 07:11:27 PM »
For everyone saying "Why not go to the cops" and "Has he been indicted," ask Google to show you some personal essays of women describing dealing with the police after a sexual assault. It's beyond ugly. Cops are great if you want someone to show up three hours late and shoot your dog, but that's it.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #757 on: July 07, 2020, 07:15:10 PM »
For everyone saying "Why not go to the cops" and "Has he been indicted," ask Google to show you some personal essays of women describing dealing with the police after a sexual assault. It's beyond ugly. Cops are great if you want someone to show up three hours late and shoot your dog, but that's it.

I’m getting this retort a lot in YouTube comments, it’s dumbfounding how dense people are when it comes to rape trauma and reliving it with some uncaring police officers.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Telly

• Rep: -151
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #758 on: July 07, 2020, 07:20:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’m getting this retort a lot in YouTube comm...

Don’t read YouTube comments.  Read a book

Patrick2G

• Rep: -308
« Reply #759 on: July 07, 2020, 07:26:05 PM »
So, are we done with this thread now?

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2258
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #760 on: July 07, 2020, 07:36:01 PM »
His main (only?) sponsor already told him to kick rocks, so not much left to discuss there.
At this point, the best offer he can hope for going forward is a pro model on Castle Bolts.
Fuck that guy Johan & call it a wrap, then?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Vomit Lust

• Rep: 83
« Reply #761 on: July 07, 2020, 07:59:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’m getting this retort a lot in YouTube comments, it’s dumbfounding how dense people are when it comes to rape trauma and reliving it with some uncaring police officers.

I’ve got some people real close to me that have had to go through this experience and they’re absolutely heartbreaking stories to hear. I’ll never fault a rape victim for not reporting. Maybe false reports are common. I’m not a cop and don’t talk to any, so for all I know that’s where the indifference (or straight up hostility) comes from. But knowing what they went through, I wouldn’t even try to talk them into it if someone I know is going through that again and says they don’t want to report it.

Spacetravelisboring

« Reply #762 on: July 07, 2020, 08:02:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
His main (only?) sponsor already told him to kick rocks, so not much left to discuss there.
At this point, the best offer he can hope for going forward is a pro model on Castle Bolts.
Fuck that guy Johan & call it a wrap, then?

It's not about his career though. It's about people that were wronged and what could be done to legally hold him accountable.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #763 on: July 07, 2020, 08:19:24 PM »
Point taken, and my bad.
My understanding of the concept of “canceling” was to trash somebody’s rep, thus their public lives, essentially sending them packing.
Figured the legal stuff can’t be affected much by assholes like me on a skate forum.
I’m with you, though provided it’s an offense of some law or statute, of course. Stick it to ‘im.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Spacetravelisboring

« Reply #764 on: July 07, 2020, 08:32:13 PM »
Point taken, and my bad.
My understanding of the concept of “canceling” was to trash somebody’s rep, thus their public lives, essentially sending them packing.
Figured the legal stuff can’t be affected much by assholes like me on a skate forum.
I’m with you, though provided it’s an offense of some law or statute, of course. Stick it to ‘im.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic but yeah something should be done legally (I'm hoping) cause knowingly giving someone an STD should be reprehensible.

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #765 on: July 07, 2020, 10:19:39 PM »
Has Johan commented anything about this situation? Do you guys think this will be the last time we will be hearing from him and he’ll move back to Florida?

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #766 on: July 07, 2020, 10:29:01 PM »
Has Johan commented anything about this situation? Do you guys think this will be the last time we will be hearing from him and he’ll move back to Florida?

He was seen with koston today. Accuser on suppressive person confirmed

Andy_Roys_Left_Nut

« Reply #767 on: July 08, 2020, 03:57:46 AM »
So why is rape getting thrown in with The herpes business on instagram/twitter?
I see people talking like its confirmed he has raped multiple women.

Surely there are more official routes you can take than declaring you were raped to your instagram/twitter audience?

Im not questioning the victims authenticity - but it seems unfair that people can talk like he has raped mutliple women and yet there is no official process under way to confirm this.

Expand Quote
So has Johan Stuckey been charged with rape by a court of law?
[close]
it doesn't look like there is a case of rape

nicotinewheel

• Rep: -76
« Reply #768 on: July 08, 2020, 04:12:19 AM »
Surely there are more official routes you can take than declaring you were raped to your instagram/twitter audience?
If going to the police to seek justice for sex crimes was effective you would have a lot less cancel culture to complain about.

& I'm not advocating for effective police.

Spacetravelisboring

« Reply #769 on: July 08, 2020, 04:47:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
If going to the police to seek justice for sex crimes was effective you would have a lot less cancel culture to complain about.

Yes I suppose ineffective police is better

nicotinewheel

« Reply #770 on: July 08, 2020, 05:15:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yes I suppose ineffective police is better
Considering the function of American policing- unequivocally yes.

hueycinn

• Rep: 24
« Reply #771 on: July 08, 2020, 05:57:41 AM »

Im not questioning the victims authenticity - but it seems unfair that people can talk like he has raped mutliple women and yet there is no official process under way to confirm this.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

good question about the use of rape. first and foremost, technically what happened is considered non-consensual. this may not be rape in the form that we've built up in our minds but this IS non-consensual. withholding information like that does not give the woman all the tools to make an consenting decision.

also we wouldn't know if there was a process under way - the other women may have gone to the cops.

Andy_Roys_Left_Nut

« Reply #772 on: July 08, 2020, 06:45:51 AM »
Rape is a type of sexual assault involving sexual intercourse (or other forms of sexual penetration) carried out against a person without that person's consent. Lying about having an STD, though totally spineless, irresponsible and selfish - is not rape.

There are so many grey areas in what I have read about this that I cant even have an opinion at this point.
I just think its really unfair that people are daubing this guy a 'serial rapist' when this hasn't (to my knowledge) been anywhere near a court of law. If someone is publicly accused of being a peadophilia and then found not guilty - many people struggle to see them as anything other than a peadophile afterwards. And thats fucked up.

p.s spare me the 'fuck the police' bullshit.

Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

good question about the use of rape. first and foremost, technically what happened is considered non-consensual. this may not be rape in the form that we've built up in our minds but this IS non-consensual. withholding information like that does not give the woman all the tools to make an consenting decision.

also we wouldn't know if there was a process under way - the other women may have gone to the cops.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #773 on: July 08, 2020, 06:46:58 AM »

In my personal life I know a handful of women who have tried to go to the police after being sexually assaulted, and not a single one saw any justice from it. The most action they saw was the cop politely taking notes and never following up.

n0torious

• Rep: 153
« Reply #774 on: July 08, 2020, 08:08:55 AM »
Rape is a type of sexual assault involving sexual intercourse (or other forms of sexual penetration) carried out against a person without that person's consent. Lying about having an STD, though totally spineless, irresponsible and selfish - is not rape.

Not technically, but this type of behavior is almost certainly negligent and could be the basis of civil liability.

If you know you have an STI and lie to someone about it so they'll sleep with you, that's negligence. In this case, Johan texted these women after the fact apologizing for his behavior and put up a public apology. Before they pulled the videos, there was the roast where all his friends had a laugh about his dirty dick. The paper trail is undeniable.

STIs aren't inherently a big deal. Herpes is kinda gross but common enough. If he just puts it out there, Johan avoids all this - maybe some of these girls say no thanks, and others ask him to wrap it up, or others don't care. That's all fine because they're giving informed consent.

Michael Vick was successfully sued on this basis. An ex caught herpes from him, and then found out he was getting medication under the nom de guerre "Ron Mexico," truly an all time great alias.

However, Michael Vick had NFL money and Johan Stuckey has a tapeworm.

nicotinewheel

« Reply #775 on: July 08, 2020, 08:16:59 AM »

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #776 on: July 08, 2020, 08:41:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not technically, but this type of behavior is almost certainly negligent and could be the basis of civil liability.

If you know you have an STI and lie to someone about it so they'll sleep with you, that's negligence. In this case, Johan texted these women after the fact apologizing for his behavior and put up a public apology. Before they pulled the videos, there was the roast where all his friends had a laugh about his dirty dick. The paper trail is undeniable.

STIs aren't inherently a big deal. Herpes is kinda gross but common enough. If he just puts it out there, Johan avoids all this - maybe some of these girls say no thanks, and others ask him to wrap it up, or others don't care. That's all fine because they're giving informed consent.

Michael Vick was successfully sued on this basis. An ex caught herpes from him, and then found out he was getting medication under the nom de guerre "Ron Mexico," truly an all time great alias.

However, Michael Vick had NFL money and Johan Stuckey has a tapeworm.
If I ever focus & return, I shall re-emerge as Ron Mexico. This I pledge.
Of course, I will be stoned at some point between now & when ever, and also pledge that I am likely to forget everything I just typed.
As an aside, willingmy transmitting many of the “lesser“ STIs without advanced disclosure (being shady to get a lady?) is actually a misdemeanor & punishable by law & resulting in a fine. As pointed out above & elsewhere, there is also the very real possibility of a civil suit. 

powerhazard

• Rep: 6
« Reply #777 on: July 08, 2020, 09:08:43 AM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

she said he forced her to do sexual acts. it was posted out of order so people missed it.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #778 on: July 08, 2020, 09:25:44 AM »
I made a joke about herpes not being a real STI but it’s still your responsibility to tell people about it. (I’ve been told and I’m like - don’t care). If you’re not doing then I don’t think you’ll have much credibility if someone else accuses you of raping them.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #779 on: July 08, 2020, 09:52:51 AM »
I made a joke about herpes not being a real STI but it’s still your responsibility to tell people about it. (I’ve been told and I’m like - don’t care). If you’re not doing then I don’t think you’ll have much credibility if someone else accuses you of raping them.
Gnarbarge.