Author Topic: Heavy allegations against KA  (Read 118856 times)

ziggy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
Re: Heavy allegations against KA
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2020, 01:29:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I must be a trash human who has constantly been surrounded by trash humans

if ‘he/she says mean stuff sometimes’ was truly a bridge too far in relationships, i don’t know how anybody makes it

do you guys put each other in time out when things get heated?
[close]

seriously.  usually the most self-righteous voices are the ones with the most actual skeletons in their closet.
[close]

What about consistently verbally abusing ones partner over the course of years, refusing therapy, violating her privacy, and making her feel physically unsafe constitutes as “saying mean stuff sometimes”?

so she dumped him, right?
fair enough

so he’s a bad boyfriend. i’m not sure what all the pearl-clutching is about

Yu Dum

« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2020, 01:34:50 PM »
Man, I hope some of y'all acting like this isn't a big deal never, ever procreate.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 409
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2020, 01:44:56 PM »
Three sides to every story. Hers, his and the truth.
I have no doubt these accusations could be true and probably are but i’d like to know what part she played in all of this.
As most accusations, it’s one side of the story.
Physical abuse is one thing, i’d never put my hands on a women out of anger but i have had to restrain a gf from physically abusing me. I verbally drove her to that point and i knew what i was doing. Was i abusive? Was she?
I say no because it was a volatile relationship that we should not have been in. We are friends now and both acknowledge that was not healthy for us.

That said...abusers are known to be very charming sociopaths and may have gone down like she said.
By no means am i blaming the victim, i need to hear the whole story before making a conclusion.

You are 100% blaming the victim.

BroBruhBra

• Rep: -20
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2020, 01:45:52 PM »
Anyone who thinks the described behavior is normal and/or acceptable is probably also abusive.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 624
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2020, 01:59:00 PM »
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 818
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2020, 02:02:24 PM »
I have no doubt these accusations could be true and probably are but i’d like to know what part she played in all of this.
Physical abuse is one thing, i’d never put my hands on a women out of anger but i have had to restrain a gf from physically abusing me. I verbally drove her to that point and i knew what i was doing. Was i abusive? Was she?
I say no because it was a volatile relationship that we should not have been in. We are friends now and both acknowledge that was not healthy for us.

That said...abusers are known to be very charming sociopaths and may have gone down like she said.
By no means am i blaming the victim, i need to hear the whole story before making a conclusion.

Yes. Yes you were.
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

Circaskater420

• Rep: -76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2020, 02:09:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yes. Yes you were.

your white knight complex is ridiculous.  I’m a very liberal person and I’m embarrassed that I’ve been lumped in with blind misandrists like yourself. Your shitty attitude is what turns people off from actual social justice. Congrats on enabling cancel culture.  You’re truly fucking righteous. 

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2020, 02:11:21 PM »
cancel dooky-shoes

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -40
« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2020, 02:14:13 PM »
Expand Quote

if ‘he/she says mean stuff sometimes’ was truly a bridge too far in relationships, i don’t know how anybody makes it

[close]

seriously.  usually the most self-righteous voices are the ones with the most actual skeletons in their closet.

You two must be some real pieces of shit lol. Mature people with emotional intellect do not scream obscenities and slurs at their partner on a regular basis, even during difficult phases of relationships. Conflating Kenny's behavior with simply "being mean sometimes" says a lot about the content of your characters.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 333
« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2020, 02:16:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Should've been open about some of the verbal abuse he laid on his girlfriend, and just being a shit boyfriend in general.
[close]

If all of what you've just read equates to him just kind of being a shitty boyfriend in your mind, you're telling on yourself.
[close]

Can you point to where I said "kind of" or even suggested it?
[close]

You didn't explicitly say "kind of", but that's exactly the connotation you present when suggesting that KA doesn't deserve to be aired out for any of this.

[close]

Thats a stretch my dude. I'm 50/50 about her post because he already made a genuine apology to her and she seemed inspired to share because she found his post hypocritical. Don't lump me into your self-righteous bullshit like I condone abuse.
[close]

Go back and re-read what she said. He apologized to her by decentralizing her experience, claiming his abuse was a part of his own healing process, a gaslighting technique used to posit the aggressor as the victim in retrospect. Clearly it was a self-serving apology. By claiming you don't think he deserves to be aired out for psychotically screaming in her ears while limiting her ability to escape, reading through her diary and later using the contents of the diary as justification for berating her about past romantic experiences, and all the other shit being described, you are endorsing that behavior. Nothing self-righteous about what I'm saying, I'm simply advocating for men who emotionally abuse their partners to be taken to task for it, considering the sea of other men willing to downplay this abuse as something not worth mentioning, such as yourself. If you had a daughter and she started dating someone who had done everything Kenny did to his last girlfriend, would you tell that last girlfriend to shut up about it because he apologized to her about it? Doubtful.

Dude all he’s going to do is either give a phony 2nd apology or call her out for being crazy or something. Her post didn’t raise awareness of verbal abuse or anything anymore than his post did, it’s just internet drama. I’m not downplaying or condoning abuse at all just because I feel like she could’ve approached it differently.

All that “what would you do if it was my daughter” stuff is bullshit because I would’ve suggested that she end the relationship when he started going through the diary.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 375
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2020, 02:17:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

What about consistently verbally abusing ones partner over the course of years, refusing therapy, violating her privacy, and making her feel physically unsafe constitutes as “saying mean stuff sometimes”?
[close]

fair enough

You didn’t answer my question.

He was definitely a bad boyfriend.
He was also an abusive boyfriend.
No pearls to clutch, it’s just a fact, and a bummer for everyone involved. Literally no one wins: her, him, the skate community, humanity, etc.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -142
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2020, 02:20:10 PM »
Dude, whatever.

Still there are ‘levels’ to anything.

Pinching someone, and kicking the shit out of someone are both ‘physical abuse’ yet nowhere near as painful...

In Belgium we have a saying:

‘Street angel, house demon’ I guess that exactly describes Kenny Anderson.

Anyone saying emotional abuse isn’t as bad as physical abuse, you’re ignorant as hell... and it even leads to more deaths than physical abuse > suicides.

Peace.

It can be way more serious and never go away, like you said so many times ending in suicide. The amount of good opinions i agree with in this thread outweigh the ones i don't which makes me proud to be a PAL, I can't back you if you're part of the making excuses for KA team. In my eyes his behaviour is right up there with Biebel (just behind closed doors) and really Daryl as well.  Kenny was way beyond over the line, and that post he made without mention of his own behaviour is just foul (deserving of cancelation on it's own). If Cons and Craig continue to support they're basically saying they want a lying abuser selling their product to kids and adults alike.

I'm very interested to see how pathetically Craigtap handles this one. I've always loved Kenny's skating and fully believed in his "good human" costume, no longer is that the case.

Kenny you're a giant bummer.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 02:35:15 PM by figureitout »

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2020, 02:20:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Geez. I'm so sorry she had to go through that shit for that long. He sounds like a genuinely terrible person.

I guess some of y'all going to swoop on some discount decks.

Let's see how long it takes for an official reply.
[close]

Smyth is taking this week to type it up.

here's a draft, sam

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -142
« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2020, 02:25:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i honestly feel like this is dirty laundry that should be kept between the two of them.  being in a bad relationship does not equate to being beaten or being raped.  not saying Kenny was right, but these are cherry picked incidents over the course of a several year relationship and we're only getting one person's side of the story.  i can see this current movement devolving into crucifying everyone who has been an asshole to someone, and I think that is a big mistake.

I know i'll get flamed for this opinion, so fwiw I experienced pretty significant physical and emotional abuse growing up myself, to the point where I'm treated for complex post traumatic stress disorder.  I fully understand the scope of emotional abuse and its deep, long term effects.  I still feel like this public route is the wrong way to go about it.
[close]

Agree and p.s. what is happening in your profile picture
[close]

profile pic is a scene from the movie "Possession", ironically a horror film largely about emotional abuse surrounding divorce

don't want to derail the thread, so if you want to talk about the film, lets take it to the horror thread in "whatever"

what a thoughtful move, great on ya +1

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2020, 02:26:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You two must be some real pieces of shit lol. Mature people with emotional intellect do not scream obscenities and slurs at their partner on a regular basis, even during difficult phases of relationships. Conflating Kenny's behavior with simply "being mean sometimes" says a lot about the content of your characters.

lol, you might want to learn a few things about trauma, triggers, and toxic shame.  no one is perfect.  we all live in glass houses.  we've all been victims.  we've all been abusers.  if you think you haven't, then I guarantee someone in your past would beg to differ.  distilling the entirety of someone's character to the term "abuser" based on a social media post is ridiculous and dangerous.   this is a former couple's private business and should have stayed that way. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2020, 02:39:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

fair enough

[close]

No pearls to clutch, it’s just a fact, and a bummer for everyone involved. Literally no one wins: her, him, the skate community, humanity, etc.

I don’t think what Kenny did was right, but I was surprised by the reaction

I did not see it as an unredeemably evil act. I thought Kenny might be able to apologize and seek help and become a better person one day. I personally think there is very little that a person cannot be forgiven for if they take the proper steps to atone for it.

I suppose society has come to see emotional and physical abuse as equally bad

thot juice

• Rep: -54
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2020, 02:51:48 PM »
luh i never been with a shawty who didn’t check my phone/ emails make fun of my ex’s/past lifestyle choices or generally get jealous ovr silly stuff based on the myriad memes etc making light 💡 of ish it usually gets the pass should got a nice saffiano diary with a lock

HotnSpicyMcChicken

« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2020, 02:56:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

lol, you might want to learn a few things about trauma, triggers, and toxic shame.  no one is perfect.  we all live in glass houses.  we've all been victims.  we've all been abusers.  if you think you haven't, then I guarantee someone in your past would beg to differ.  distilling the entirety of someone's character to the term "abuser" based on a social media post is ridiculous and dangerous.   this is a former couple's private business and should have stayed that way.

If he had been physically abusive along with emotionally and verbally abusive, would you be saying she should be quiet about that too? And don't fucking tell me I've been an abuser. Sure, I've been shitty to the ones I care about before, but I can confidently say I've never emotionally terrorized anyone for years on end, and the fact that you can empathize with that kind of behavior, as I said before, says a lot about you. Thank you for validating my point.

Skate?

• Rep: -37
  • Chopped & Kooked
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2020, 02:58:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone comparing his behavior to badmouthing on the internet is reaching for straws. These things are not the same and there's no intimidation factor. He picked her up to throw her out the door and only stopped when he got caught. That's more than physical enough.

And once you treat someone like that, they have every right to talk to others about it. Actions have consequences so too bad for the poor pitiful abuser. Shes not obligated to keep this hidden at all and people who look up to this guy should know who he really is.
[close]
Physical abuse carries with itself emotional abuse. However I am talking about just emotional abuse. Being bullied on the internet does cause emotional abuse. SLAP does have a tendency to MOB unpopular opinion and upset someone either asking questions or just having an opinion. Lack of respect honestly. But either way it can cause emotional abuse.
[close]

So you think getting kooked on a forum full of anonymous people is comparable to what this woman went through?
No but I was responding to El Fapinators comments, KA is wrong if the allegations are true through and through. But also acknowledge that people do abuse people on the forum and some of the people that are posting about how emotional abuse is wrong do in fact abuse others on this forum. Its a hypocrisy. That is all I am saying. Also, Skate?
Come skate with a black sheep.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2020, 02:59:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

If he had been physically abusive along with emotionally and verbally abusive, would you be saying she should be quiet about that too? And don't fucking tell me I've been an abuser. Sure, I've been shitty to the ones I care about before, but I can confidently say I've never emotionally terrorized anyone for years on end, and the fact that you can empathize with that kind of behavior, as I said before, says a lot about you. Thank you for validating my point.

you are doing a very bad job of appearing level-headed and above verbal abuse

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 375
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2020, 03:02:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

fair enough

[close]

[close]

I don’t think what Kenny did was right, but I was surprised by the reaction

I did not see it as an unredeemably evil act. I thought Kenny might be able to apologize and seek help and become a better person one day. I personally think there is very little that a person cannot be forgiven for if they take the proper steps to atone for it.

I suppose society has come to see emotional and physical abuse as equally bad

I don’t think emotional/verbal abuse is an unredeemably evil act either. I even said I hope he seeks therapy in my initial post. Kenny addressing his behavior and patterns is crucial; I hope he takes that step, but it’s important to acknowledge that he wasn’t just a shitty boyfriend.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 182
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2020, 03:04:08 PM »
This thread is a perfect example of why I hate most skateboarders.

Are you assholes really defending abuse, and saying "everyone" has done it?

I've never yelled at a partner, I've never verbally or physically harmed a partner. Not almost never, but simply never.

HotnSpicyMcChicken

« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2020, 03:07:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I honest to god cannot believe you are equating getting called out on the internet for condoning abuse with being the victim in a long-term emotionally abusive relationship.

I'm starting to think you may be less of a bad person, and more of very, very stupid one.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2020, 03:12:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

the fact that you don’t recognize your own past abuse says more about you than it does about me, fam
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

HotnSpicyMcChicken

« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2020, 03:19:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

the fact that you don’t recognize your own past abuse says more about you than it does about me, fam

Nope. You've admitted that you're sympathetic to the concept of being abusive, which indicates that you have an incredible amount of work to do as a person. I honestly wish you well on your journey.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2020, 03:20:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I honest to god cannot believe you are equating getting called out on the internet for condoning abuse with being the victim in a long-term emotionally abusive relationship.

I'm starting to think you may be less of a bad person, and more of very, very stupid one.

again with the histrionic emotional outbursts and insults

maybe you should go calm down a bit. it seems like you have trouble maintaining control of yourself

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2020, 03:21:02 PM »
This thread is a perfect example of why I hate most skateboarders.

Are you assholes really defending abuse, and saying "everyone" has done it?

I've never yelled at a partner, I've never verbally or physically harmed a partner. Not almost never, but simply never.
Well aren’t you better than everyone else..... good for you.

If those of you have a problem with me showing the hypocrisy in most of you guy’s opinions, it’s not on me it’s on you.

Don’t like what you see do ya? I’m not defending KA actions at all.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 809
« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2020, 03:42:50 PM »
I'm not one to jump to conclusions but this is disappointing. Hope KA can get some proper help if these allegations are true.

Steve Kelly

• Rep: -228
« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2020, 03:45:59 PM »
El Fapinator is a voice of reason around here imo. Of course nobody is defending Kenny’s actions, but for those of you who just simplify someone’s entire being/character into something either “good” or “evil” are naive as shit and don’t know much about how complicated/messy humans are. Generally good people do terrible shit and vice versa. Doesn’t excuse anything, but she herself said he’s a good person, great friend, father etc. All of you acting holier than thou are most definitely full of shit for the most part and get off trying place yourselves well above others on the morality scale. I’m sure lots of you are great people who don’t fuck up often in your personal relationships, but unfortunately lots of people do. Welcome to humanity. Hopefully Kenny can get the help he needs. Writing people off forever based on their flaws (as big as they may be) is some close minded and vengeful shit. Forgiveness is a powerful powerful thing and our society could use a lot more if it along with nuanced thinking. Call me Jesus boy or whatever else you will. Won’t change my position in the slightest.

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 818
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2020, 03:48:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Yes. Yes you were.
[close]

your white knight complex is ridiculous.  I’m a very liberal person and I’m embarrassed that I’ve been lumped in with blind misandrists like yourself. Your shitty attitude is what turns people off from actual social justice. Congrats on enabling cancel culture.  You’re truly fucking righteous.

Maybe reading isn't your strong suit, but he's saying that he INTENTIONALLY DROVE HIS GIRLFRIEND TO THE POINT OF VIOLENCE, but that's so far from emotional abuse that you're embarrassed to be considered liberal. Sounds like you've got a little dooky on your Circas, too.
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.