Author Topic: Rape Allegations Against Justin 'Figgy' Figueroa  (Read 80898 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
Re: Rape Allegations Against Justin 'Figgy' Figueroa
« Reply #540 on: August 03, 2020, 08:55:25 PM »
Not to trivialize but it’s much the same as bartending.  If you would serve them another drink, even if they have had a few drinks, then it is probably consensual, despite the involvement of alcohol by one or both parties.
But if she(or he) came up to the bar and you would suggest to them having a water or some food then probably out of the realm of legal consent.
Am I crazy to think of it that way?  Been in a relationship for a long time so I’m probably a little out of touch.  And I hated bartending.

Your user name and being on the side of reason here kills me every time

Telly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #541 on: August 03, 2020, 09:06:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Not to trivialize but it’s much the same as bartending.  If you would serve them another drink, even if they have had a few drinks, then it is probably consensual, despite the involvement of alcohol by one or both parties.
But if she(or he) came up to the bar and you would suggest to them having a water or some food then probably out of the realm of legal consent.
Am I crazy to think of it that way?  Been in a relationship for a long time so I’m probably a little out of touch.  And I hated bartending.
[close]

Your user name and being on the side of reason here kills me every time

Wasn’t a reference to the movie, which I haven’t seen.  The first couple times people on here said something about it I had no idea what they were talking about. 

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #542 on: August 04, 2020, 09:40:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I judge people I have never met and never will meet based on the Instagram posts of a person I have never met and never will meet on a message board that is suppose to be a conversation about something beautiful(Skateboarding) in this insanely fucked up world but I’m here to cancel people - slap 2020
[close]
Why do you come here?
And why do you hang around?
[close]
I’m so sorry.
I’m so sorry.

You had to sneak into my room, just to read my diary.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
« Reply #543 on: August 04, 2020, 09:46:54 AM »
did anybody else notice that she was going pretty hard at posting stories until basically the moment that figgy made his post and has been silent since?  I wonder if they worked something out
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #544 on: August 04, 2020, 09:50:16 AM »
I don't usually think about Justin "Figgy" Figueroa, but when I do, I like to call him Figgums.

Brguy

« Reply #545 on: August 05, 2020, 01:19:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Not really, my best kickflip ever was done while I was blacked out on clonazepam. Drug induced amnesia doesn't always equal being too wasted to act normal.
[close]

Damn, I guess there's no way of telling whether someone is providing consent because you stationary kickflipped on benzos one time.
Come on, dude, don't be a jerk, that's obviously not the point and we both know you're not regular to be saying such stupid shit.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That's the whole problem with rape and alcohol, you can't know when it starts affecting someones ability to give consent. Since the way the law is that any intoxication prevents consent, most people have committed rape since alcohol is used so much as a social lubricant. That gives women a lot of power by making rape such a grey zone.

I'd like to see these 'rape culture' advocates address these types of issues rather than simply push the 'women arent believed' narrative which only enables the crazies.
[close]

call me crazy, but maybe if you're aware that intoxicated sex can count as "rape" you could just avoid having sex drunk?

(i can't wait to see what bullshit yall say to me for this one)
[close]

I agree, but this does entail a paradigm shift. Drunk sex was always par for the course, albeit with a caveat of risk. Now it is a categorically, morally reprehensible act. It's not surprising that people are reluctant to adopt this view, as it renders many rapists in retrospect.
[close]
In most instances, that's a pretty easy thing to identify
[close]
Not really, my best kickflip ever was done while I was blacked out on clonazepam. Drug induced amnesia doesn't always equal being too wasted to act normal.
[close]

A) is this kickflip on film because if not I’m just guessing the drugs just might have glorified it in your mind. 
B) everybody could tell you were fucked up
I don't remember, dude, that's the point. If she doesn't remember the Figgy encounter there's really no evidence from either side, she might have acted like she was slightly drunk even though she would wake up with no memory of anything. I'm not even saying this on that side of defending people who have been accused of raping others, it's just basic logic, unfortunately there's no way to prove who's saying the truth and this will probably go with the wind just like tons of other shitty things that happen all the time. The roommates are the only witnesses and it seems like they only saw figgy getting out, not the moment when both arrived.

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #546 on: August 05, 2020, 05:47:05 AM »
did anybody else notice that she was going pretty hard at posting stories until basically the moment that figgy made his post and has been silent since? 
I wonder if they worked something out

Or

And hear me out

She's exhausted by being vulnerable in the face of male incompetence, and / or tired of being harassed by mommy-issue manchildren like 75% of the fuckers in this thread who wince at respecting anybody but their (insert male false idol here).

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
« Reply #547 on: August 05, 2020, 05:51:47 AM »
could be

but

she made multiple posts about how those idiots don't get to her
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Telly

• Rep: -150
« Reply #548 on: August 05, 2020, 06:04:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Damn, I guess there's no way of telling whether someone is providing consent because you stationary kickflipped on benzos one time.
[close]
Come on, dude, don't be a jerk, that's obviously not the point and we both know you're not regular to be saying such stupid shit.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That's the whole problem with rape and alcohol, you can't know when it starts affecting someones ability to give consent. Since the way the law is that any intoxication prevents consent, most people have committed rape since alcohol is used so much as a social lubricant. That gives women a lot of power by making rape such a grey zone.

I'd like to see these 'rape culture' advocates address these types of issues rather than simply push the 'women arent believed' narrative which only enables the crazies.
[close]

call me crazy, but maybe if you're aware that intoxicated sex can count as "rape" you could just avoid having sex drunk?

[close]

I agree, but this does entail a paradigm shift. Drunk sex was always par for the course, albeit with a caveat of risk. Now it is a categorically, morally reprehensible act. It's not surprising that people are reluctant to adopt this view, as it renders many rapists in retrospect.
[close]
[close]
[close]

A) is this kickflip on film because if not I’m just guessing the drugs just might have glorified it in your mind. 
[close]
I don't remember, dude, that's the point. If she doesn't remember the Figgy encounter there's really no evidence from either side, she might have acted like she was slightly drunk even though she would wake up with no memory of anything. I'm not even saying this on that side of defending people who have been accused of raping others, it's just basic logic, unfortunately there's no way to prove who's saying the truth and this will probably go with the wind just like tons of other shitty things that happen all the time. The roommates are the only witnesses and it seems like they only saw figgy getting out, not the moment when both arrived.

To play devils advocate:  she was inebriated so her story is less than credible but you can’t remember your best ever kickflip but we should take this anecdotal story as true?  In the words of televisions greatest poet warrior bubbles: “no offense son...You equivocating like a motherfucker.”

ride the tiger

• Rep: -18
  • Are you telling me a shrimp fried this rice?
« Reply #549 on: August 05, 2020, 07:19:24 AM »
If figgy was also drunk then he couldn't consent either 🤔

My unpopular opinion is that this forum is actually not about skateboarding.

Spacetravelisboring

• Rep: -422
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #550 on: August 05, 2020, 08:37:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

No that George the cat guy is pretty regular.

ride the tiger

« Reply #551 on: August 06, 2020, 12:32:54 AM »
How loose is her vagina that she couldn't feel a tampon lost inside for 2 weeks?

ride the tiger

« Reply #552 on: August 06, 2020, 02:42:38 AM »
Also figgy removed the post 🧐

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #553 on: August 06, 2020, 07:33:28 AM »
How loose is her vagina that she couldn't feel a tampon lost inside for 2 weeks?

You REALLY don't understand anatomy, do you?

ride the tiger

« Reply #554 on: August 06, 2020, 07:37:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have a vagina and ive used tampons, i cant imagine anyone " forgetting" its there.

iNeverSkated

• Rep: 36
  • is this right?
« Reply #555 on: August 06, 2020, 07:58:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I have a vagina and ive used tampons, i cant imagine anyone " forgetting" its there.

Lol, no you don't. If you did, you would be completely ashamed to write something as stupid as your previous statement, even in jest. You are a 13 year old boy.

ride the tiger

« Reply #556 on: August 06, 2020, 08:00:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Lol, no you don't. If you did, you would be completely ashamed to write something as stupid as your previous statement, even in jest. You are a 13 year old boy.

Honest to god im a female ( English not my first language) its why i cant fathom how someone can forget a tampon up there, YOU CAN FEEL IT.

I am 30.

SLAPASONIC

• Rep: 22
« Reply #557 on: August 06, 2020, 08:21:50 AM »
Why did he take down the post  :o

ride the tiger

« Reply #558 on: August 06, 2020, 08:23:06 AM »
Why did he take down the post  :o

Maybe he hired a lawyer and he adviced him to take it down?

But removing it is sorta suspicious especially since he turned off comments.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 654
« Reply #559 on: August 06, 2020, 10:01:33 AM »
Anyone have a screenshot? I missed his post

ride the tiger

« Reply #560 on: August 06, 2020, 10:03:01 AM »

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #561 on: August 06, 2020, 10:37:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Honest to god im a female ( English not my first language) its why i cant fathom how someone can forget a tampon up there, YOU CAN FEEL IT.

I am 30.

I guess they don't teach sex ed where you're from then? I mean you clearly don't understand your own anatomy or how often these things get lost in the vaginal cavity and it has nothing to do with being 'loose'.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #562 on: August 06, 2020, 10:41:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I am 30.
[close]

I guess they don't teach sex ed where you're from then? I mean you clearly don't understand your own anatomy or how often these things get lost in the vaginal cavity and it has nothing to do with being 'loose'.

So that cancels out her personal life experience?  She should just ignore that and spout sex ed speak?   I think teaching anatomy is good tho, not saying that education is bad  at all, its just that science changes and is informed often by personal experience and studies of personal experience, so..
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

ride the tiger

« Reply #563 on: August 06, 2020, 10:51:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I am 30.
[close]

Homeschooled but had a pretty sex positive liberal upbringing.

You usually can feel it, believe me, its why they don't recommend women who had natural deliveries to use tampons for a while.

Again my experience with tampons was limited but the few times ive used them you feel it plugged, even when theres no discomfort you CAN FEEL something there.

Kolostrum

• Rep: 21
« Reply #564 on: August 06, 2020, 11:10:33 AM »

Whoa dude, are you really trying to Mansplain female anatomy and periods to a woman?

k-nutz

• Rep: 53
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #565 on: August 06, 2020, 11:20:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Whoa dude, are you really trying to Mansplain female anatomy and periods to a woman?

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #566 on: August 06, 2020, 11:31:34 AM »
Reading these people defending this
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 11:45:31 AM by El Fapinator »

Timothyleary

« Reply #567 on: August 06, 2020, 11:44:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

"I would have gladly told her what happened that night" 

:(

Patrick2G

• Rep: -307
« Reply #568 on: August 06, 2020, 11:47:04 AM »
Reading these people defending this

Defending what?

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #569 on: August 06, 2020, 12:38:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Well first off I don't believe they're a woman in the slightest and if they are then they obviously come from a country that doesn't teach basic anatomy or sex ed, it's not fucking rocket science... the 'looseness' of a vagina has nothing to do with losing track of a tampon. That's some shit a 13 year old boy would say.