Author Topic: Rape Allegations Against Justin 'Figgy' Figueroa  (Read 82550 times)

Beady

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
Re: Rape Allegations Against Justin 'Figgy' Figueroa
« Reply #510 on: August 02, 2020, 04:23:16 PM »
Dude fuck statistics I personally have known women who falsely accused and it seems other people here do too. Anyone can pull statistics up to try and make their point. Look at Ben Shapiro. He has statistics for everything yet I bet you still don't agree with him on anything. Why ? Because he could be biased and so could you.
Yeah! You can never go wrong with anecdotal evidence! I should know, I have a friend that’s never been proven wrong when he uses anecdotal evidence.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 834
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #511 on: August 02, 2020, 09:22:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Dude fuck statistics I personally have known women who falsely accused and it seems other people here do too. Anyone can pull statistics up to try and make their point. Look at Ben Shapiro. He has statistics for everything yet I bet you still don't agree with him on anything. Why ? Because he could be biased and so could you.
[close]
Yeah! You can never go wrong with anecdotal evidence! I should know, I have a friend that’s never been proven wrong when he uses anecdotal evidence.
It's his thing. For every debatable topic he seems to always have talked to at least one person from a specific demographic who conveniently confirms everything he already believes.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #512 on: August 03, 2020, 06:47:14 AM »
so if the boss doesn’t do anything about this will all of you on team joanna  stop buying baker products?

nobody was actually buying baker products anyways.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #513 on: August 03, 2020, 07:28:52 AM »
It's probably one of the best selling board companies.

score

• Rep: 2
« Reply #514 on: August 03, 2020, 07:33:05 AM »
quick afterthought, if u get behind the wheel of a car while blind drunk and kill someone, its your fault. If you get onto a cock while ur blind drunk its the cocks fault?

Is figgy a dildo?

Skate?

• Rep: -37
  • Chopped & Kooked
« Reply #515 on: August 03, 2020, 07:43:24 AM »
Expand Quote
quick afterthought, if u get behind the wheel of a car while blind drunk and kill someone, its your fault. If you get onto a cock while ur blind drunk its the cocks fault?
[close]

Is figgy a dildo?
No figgy is a dick! Pun intended.
Come skate with a black sheep.

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 638
« Reply #516 on: August 03, 2020, 07:58:20 AM »
It's probably one of the best selling board companies.

Among people who get drunk and don't consent to purchasing them.

Pretty Serious

« Reply #517 on: August 03, 2020, 08:12:01 AM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
It's his thing. For every debatable topic he seems to always have talked to at least one person from a specific demographic who conveniently confirms everything he already believes.

Jerrys Kid

• Rep: 56
« Reply #518 on: August 03, 2020, 10:00:25 AM »
Expand Quote
so if the boss doesn’t do anything about this will all of you on team joanna  stop buying baker products?
[close]
Baker 4 ends right after Baca's part. Always has,always will.

Is it me or do Figgy's last 3 parts all basically look the same with no discernable progression? I completely agree that Baca deserved last part for what he went through. 

winecrab

• Rep: -176
« Reply #519 on: August 03, 2020, 10:14:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Is it me or do Figgy's last 3 parts all basically look the same with no discernable progression? I completely agree that Baca deserved last part for what he went through.

He's constantly one uping himself at spots.

SATIVA HYBRID

• Rep: -35
« Reply #520 on: August 03, 2020, 11:12:14 AM »
That's the whole problem with rape and alcohol, you can't know when it starts affecting someones ability to give consent. Since the way the law is that any intoxication prevents consent, most people have committed rape since alcohol is used so much as a social lubricant. That gives women a lot of power by making rape such a grey zone.

I'd like to see these 'rape culture' advocates address these types of issues rather than simply push the 'women arent believed' narrative which only enables the crazies.

call me crazy, but maybe if you're aware that intoxicated sex can count as "rape" you could just avoid having sex drunk?

(i can't wait to see what bullshit yall say to me for this one)
only hoe i love is popeyes
i put my dick in the drumstick

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #521 on: August 03, 2020, 11:14:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The accused being innocent is NOT rare at all
[close]

It is very rare, as shown by statistics, some of which have been posted in this very thread.
[close]

Do... do you not see what you're doing here? You're using your personal experience to discount everything else... that's the definition of a bias

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #522 on: August 03, 2020, 11:15:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I mean sure but also it's hard to completely one-up yourself when you're skating some of the biggest, gnarliest stuff around

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #523 on: August 03, 2020, 11:56:24 AM »
Expand Quote
That's the whole problem with rape and alcohol, you can't know when it starts affecting someones ability to give consent. Since the way the law is that any intoxication prevents consent, most people have committed rape since alcohol is used so much as a social lubricant. That gives women a lot of power by making rape such a grey zone.

I'd like to see these 'rape culture' advocates address these types of issues rather than simply push the 'women arent believed' narrative which only enables the crazies.
[close]

call me crazy, but maybe if you're aware that intoxicated sex can count as "rape" you could just avoid having sex drunk?

Yess.  Hit up the grocery store or the gym!
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #524 on: August 03, 2020, 11:57:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

the story told through Baca's part was more compelling and heartfelt. I thought he should have had last part ngl, but i also understand why figgy did

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2301
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #525 on: August 03, 2020, 12:31:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

the story told through Baca's part was more compelling and heartfelt. I thought he should have had last part ngl, but i also understand why figgy did
Figgy goes,but it just doesn't hit me the way it does for others. You sort of know what you're going to get with him,and I think that's why his parts can look the same. He's still capable of progressing,as seen in his Baker 4 theres sprinkles of surprises. Baca is the shit,backing him hard

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

excitableboy

• Rep: 93
« Reply #526 on: August 03, 2020, 12:32:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I agree, but this does entail a paradigm shift. Drunk sex was always par for the course, albeit with a caveat of risk. Now it is a categorically, morally reprehensible act. It's not surprising that people are reluctant to adopt this view, as it renders many rapists in retrospect.

Jerrys Kid

• Rep: 56
« Reply #527 on: August 03, 2020, 12:53:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

He's constantly one uping himself at spots.

Sure. But i feel like I need a spreadsheet to keep track of his progression. Like "Hmm. it seems like he upgraded from a kickflip front board down this rail in his Bake and Destroy part to Bigspin front board." It's all technically good, but it doesn't seem to differentiate him from anyone else out there.

It also doesn't help that Baker and Emerica have marketed him as the DMT guy.

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #528 on: August 03, 2020, 01:02:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I agree, but this does entail a paradigm shift. Drunk sex was always par for the course, albeit with a caveat of risk. Now it is a categorically, morally reprehensible act. It's not surprising that people are reluctant to adopt this view, as it renders many rapists in retrospect.

In general, I don't think any one is arguing that having sex with someone who's caught a buzz is an act that is categorically morally reprehensible. As this one does, the discussion typically centres around situations where someone is "blackout" drunk. In most instances, that's a pretty easy thing to identify, and taking advantage of it should be reprehensible. This doesn't render anyone who's ever had drunk sex a rapist in retrospect. We're talking about people who are beyond an obvious threshold of inebriation.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -101
« Reply #529 on: August 03, 2020, 01:25:30 PM »
Suffer your interpretation of what it is to be a man
I've got some skin
You want to look in
She does nothing to deserve it
He only wants to observe it
We sit back like they taught us
We keep quiet like they taught us
He just wants to prove it
She does nothing to remove it
We don't want anyone to mind us
So we play the roles that they assigned us
She does nothing to conceal it
He touches her 'cause he wants to feel it
We blame her for being there
But we are all guilty

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #530 on: August 03, 2020, 02:03:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

It's not a stretch to say that online culture has changed hook ups pretty radically. Just stop with the drunken pick ups and get through the awkward chat up in the DMs.
unreadable trap logo

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1036
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #531 on: August 03, 2020, 02:05:41 PM »
cancelled skateboards has a heavy team

HAHA

excitableboy

• Rep: 93
« Reply #532 on: August 03, 2020, 02:38:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

In general, I don't think any one is arguing that having sex with someone who's caught a buzz is an act that is categorically morally reprehensible. As this one does, the discussion typically centres around situations where someone is "blackout" drunk. In most instances, that's a pretty easy thing to identify, and taking advantage of it should be reprehensible. This doesn't render anyone who's ever had drunk sex a rapist in retrospect. We're talking about people who are beyond an obvious threshold of inebriation.

I agree that my choice of words seems heavy-handed. But evidently, the threshold isn't nearly conspicuous enough in practice. There seems to be a newfound appreciation for a fact we've always been aware of at some level: that judging degrees of intoxication, even one's own, is a treacherous business. Things surely seem to be taking a turn for the Kantian. I don't know if that is a good thing, but it is the logical direction and, as jakeumms said, it strikes me as a pretty radical shift.

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #533 on: August 03, 2020, 03:22:13 PM »
I would rape figgy in a game of skate bleeeee dat

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #534 on: August 03, 2020, 04:06:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I agree that my choice of words seems heavy-handed. But evidently, the threshold isn't nearly conspicuous enough in practice. There seems to be a newfound appreciation for a fact we've always been aware of at some level: that judging degrees of intoxication, even one's own, is a treacherous business. Things surely seem to be taking a turn for the Kantian. I don't know if that is a good thing, but it is the logical direction and, as jakeumms said, it strikes me as a pretty radical shift.

I don't know that the threshold has ever been inconspicuous. Does someone seem too drunk? Or are you unsure whether they're too drunk? Then leave them be. Most reasonable people can easily perform this calculation. The only thing that's changed is that you can't inconspicuously get away with refusing to do it.

Classy Durag

• Rep: 62
« Reply #535 on: August 03, 2020, 04:52:01 PM »
So figgy says she had a boyfriend at the time and this girl is saying she was single. I don’t know who is telling the truth and I don’t really give a fuck. why we talking about this shit when the pentagon says they have a ufo... also do u think aliens eat booty? #EatabootyGANG

Brguy

« Reply #536 on: August 03, 2020, 06:33:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
In most instances, that's a pretty easy thing to identify
Not really, my best kickflip ever was done while I was blacked out on clonazepam. Drug induced amnesia doesn't always equal being too wasted to act normal.

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #537 on: August 03, 2020, 07:04:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
Not really, my best kickflip ever was done while I was blacked out on clonazepam. Drug induced amnesia doesn't always equal being too wasted to act normal.

Damn, I guess there's no way of telling whether someone is providing consent because you stationary kickflipped on benzos one time. 

Telly

• Rep: -150
« Reply #538 on: August 03, 2020, 07:59:52 PM »
Not to trivialize but it’s much the same as bartending.  If you would serve them another drink, even if they have had a few drinks, then it is probably consensual, despite the involvement of alcohol by one or both parties.
But if she(or he) came up to the bar and you would suggest to them having a water or some food then probably out of the realm of legal consent.
Am I crazy to think of it that way?  Been in a relationship for a long time so I’m probably a little out of touch.  And I hated bartending.

Telly

• Rep: -150
« Reply #539 on: August 03, 2020, 08:03:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

A) is this kickflip on film because if not I’m just guessing the drugs just might have glorified it in your mind. 
B) everybody could tell you were fucked up