Author Topic: Astrology and Skateboarding  (Read 16581 times)

rosemaryBB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 36
Re: Astrology and Skateboarding
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2020, 03:47:03 PM »
I'm a scorpio and I skate because I love pain

Digital Rasta

« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2020, 04:08:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nice backtrack and frantically edited post. Notice how he never denied being an Incel or confirmed he has ever made it past 'Hello' with a real life woman
[close]
1/4 of westerners believe in astrology to some degree
[close]
It's way more than that. Not to mention there are separate astrology systems for China, India, Native Americans and others. It's a worldwide phenomenon that spans nearly every ancient culture and is older than recorded history. It's just a bunch of fantasy horse shit though AMIRITE? You champions of true science and logic
Expand Quote
Of course I've known women who believe in astrology.
[close]
Do you jump in their faces and take a hot steaming dump on them for believing in it? Probably not in real life huh
[close]

First bolded part, yes, it's just a bunch of bullshit.

As for women or anyone else who starts talking about it in my presence - I just give em' the old "Ooooooohhh, yeeeaaah?" and roll my eyes and change the subject or stop talking to that person. Luckily I haven't been put in that awkward position too much because I tend to hang around people with common sense.
Well aren't you fucking special. At the moment you say that those people are glad to stop talking to you. You're a simpleminded shithead who tries to be an expert on subjects he knows nothing about. Hey maybe Modern Skeptic Magazine has a message board you could go post on and not here ever again, genius

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2020, 04:09:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nice backtrack and frantically edited post. Notice how he never denied being an Incel or confirmed he has ever made it past 'Hello' with a real life woman
[close]
[close]
It's way more than that. Not to mention there are separate astrology systems for China, India, Native Americans and others. It's a worldwide phenomenon that spans nearly every ancient culture and is older than recorded history. It's just a bunch of fantasy horse shit though AMIRITE? You champions of true science and logic
Expand Quote
[close]
Do you jump in their faces and take a hot steaming dump on them for believing in it? Probably not in real life huh
[close]

As for women or anyone else who starts talking about it in my presence - I just give em' the old "Ooooooohhh, yeeeaaah?" and roll my eyes and change the subject or stop talking to that person. Luckily I haven't been put in that awkward position too much because I tend to hang around people with common sense.

We get it dude. Don’t worry. We all know you are really into astrology. Hey everyone, THIS GUY LOVES ASTROLOGY!
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1064
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2020, 04:41:33 PM »
I’m another libra, haha.

Can someone tell me what the fuck a “triple libra” is?  Do they get any special powers or what?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Digital Rasta

« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2020, 04:47:36 PM »
Can someone tell me what the fuck a “triple libra” is?  Do they get any special powers or what?
It means the Sun, Moon, and the horizon were aligned through Libra when the person was born. It's very rare with any sign because the Ascendant changes signs very frequently, like every 15-20 minutes.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2020, 04:57:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It means the Sun, Moon, and the horizon were aligned through Libra when the person was born. It's very rare with any sign because the Ascendant changes signs very frequently, like every 15-20 minutes.

How can I find this information?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Digital Rasta

« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2020, 05:02:46 PM »
There's lots of different websites, I like cafeastrology.com and a German site called Astrodienst. You can only find out the Ascendant if you know the exact time you were born. If you don't know, the Ascendant will be just an estimate. Search 'Natal Chart' or 'Birth Chart'

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 314
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2020, 05:13:41 PM »
Damn, All these pisces are slippin not posting Killa Whale by Andre Nickatina right now...

Glurmpz

« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2020, 05:14:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

We get it dude. Don’t worry. We all know you are really into astrology. Hey everyone, THIS GUY LOVES ASTROLOGY!

;D

I know, I went a bit hard on him - apologies. Just really, really tired of anything based on pseudo science or misinformation given the era we're living in. I agree astrology is mostly harmless.

Digital Rasta

« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2020, 05:15:34 PM »
Expand Quote
im a triple libra (moon, sun, rising) and am pretty good at manuals so i guess i just fetishize balance  ;D
[close]
Ha true true  ;D
Libra posse unite!
Both Kool Keith and Phil Hartman (RIP) are/were Libras as well. Did you know that?

Spacetravelisboring

• Rep: -422
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2020, 05:59:11 PM »
This thread is for fellow believers in Astrology to discuss. If you don't believe in Zodiac Signs miss me with the 'OMG that stuff is bullshit' comments, I'm a firm believer and you can't convince me otherwise. Since I started studying I have noticed there are a lot of believers who skateboard and also a lot of skaters who think it is nonsense, I have also noticed a lot of unusual 'coincidences' in pro skating related to Astrology. For example, P-Rod, Ryan Sheckler, PJ Ladd, Pat Duffy and Jereme Rogers are all Capricorns, who made up almost the entire Plan B team at one point, and Cap is the statistically least common sign. I remember a vid of Sean Sheffey asking Josh Kalis his sign, Josh seemed kinda weirded out. Beagle made a reference to Reynolds as a 'Gemini spazz' and Andrew has the symbol for Gemini tattooed on his index finger. Reynolds and Rowley, arguably the two most important legends of the 2000s, have the same birthday 6/6. Let's talk about who we share a birthday with- I'm born 12/14, I'm a Sagittarius and I share a birthday with John Cardiel, Jesse Paez, Nostradamus, Stan Smith the tennis legend (hate his shoe) the bassist from AC/DC and Offset from Migos.

I've noticed that it's mostly women that believe in this shit and I find it interesting. What is it about the zodiac that really draws females? I wonder if there's a study.

Spacetravelisboring

« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2020, 06:06:49 PM »

I feel like you're projecting here.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2020, 06:28:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Astral projecting, to be specific.

neckbeard

• Rep: -64
« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2020, 06:35:05 PM »
Expand Quote
This thread is for fellow believers in Astrology to discuss. If you don't believe in Zodiac Signs miss me with the 'OMG that stuff is bullshit' comments, I'm a firm believer and you can't convince me otherwise. Since I started studying I have noticed there are a lot of believers who skateboard and also a lot of skaters who think it is nonsense, I have also noticed a lot of unusual 'coincidences' in pro skating related to Astrology. For example, P-Rod, Ryan Sheckler, PJ Ladd, Pat Duffy and Jereme Rogers are all Capricorns, who made up almost the entire Plan B team at one point, and Cap is the statistically least common sign. I remember a vid of Sean Sheffey asking Josh Kalis his sign, Josh seemed kinda weirded out. Beagle made a reference to Reynolds as a 'Gemini spazz' and Andrew has the symbol for Gemini tattooed on his index finger. Reynolds and Rowley, arguably the two most important legends of the 2000s, have the same birthday 6/6. Let's talk about who we share a birthday with- I'm born 12/14, I'm a Sagittarius and I share a birthday with John Cardiel, Jesse Paez, Nostradamus, Stan Smith the tennis legend (hate his shoe) the bassist from AC/DC and Offset from Migos.
[close]

I've noticed that it's mostly women that believe in this shit and I find it interesting. What is it about the zodiac that really draws females? I wonder if there's a study.

They really like horses too. I wonder if it's because at some point they dated a dude who was inadequately equipped and it made them fantasize about horse cocks. Modern women need to wake up to what they're doing to men. How are we supposed to fulfill their needs for astrology and horse-sized cock when we're just humans with a rudimentary understanding of the cosmos and an average penis size of 3.5 inches?  >:(

Spacetravelisboring

« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2020, 08:19:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

They really like horses too. I wonder if it's because at some point they dated a dude who was inadequately equipped and it made them fantasize about horse cocks. Modern women need to wake up to what they're doing to men. How are we supposed to fulfill their needs for astrology and horse-sized cock when we're just humans with a rudimentary understanding of the cosmos and an average penis size of 3.5 inches?  >:(

I don't know man. People of both genders love horses but it's strange how so many more women are into the zodiac stuff.

Spacetravelisboring

« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2020, 08:25:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Astral projecting, to be specific.

Bring back the coach mcgirk avatar!

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2020, 08:26:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I don't know man. People of both genders love horses but it's strange how so many more women are into the zodiac stuff.
I think women generally are more empathetic and want to understand others’ motivations and desires more. They also seem to really have fun talking about it and comparing and contrasting their signs. I listen to a lot of soul and funk and damn that shit used to be way more trendy.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Spacetravelisboring

« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2020, 08:29:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
I think women generally are more empathetic and want to understand others’ motivations and desires more. They also seem to really have fun talking about it and comparing and contrasting their signs. I listen to a lot of soul and funk and damn that shit used to be way more trendy.

Maybe you're right but it annoys me nonetheless. I couldn't even date a girl who's into it. I like Curtis Mayfield is he soul funk or anything like that?

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #108 on: August 05, 2020, 08:40:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Maybe you're right but it annoys me nonetheless. I couldn't even date a girl who's into it. I like Curtis Mayfield is he soul funk or anything like that?

Damn right he is.

Spacetravelisboring

« Reply #109 on: August 05, 2020, 09:02:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Damn right he is.

The soul sample he uses in this is great. The black byrds I think.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #110 on: August 05, 2020, 09:54:03 PM »
is there a sign for explosive diarrhea?

companguero

• Rep: 259
  • sesquipedalian
« Reply #111 on: August 05, 2020, 10:17:21 PM »
... my birthday is 8/11.

oh shit, me too

I am a metal rooster to be specific

Best thing about this birthday is the yearly Perseid Meteor shower that peaks across that date.

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #112 on: August 05, 2020, 10:27:35 PM »
my facebook astrology quiz told me if i were a type of bread i would be pumpernickel. i also share a birthday with osama bin laden and chris cole. fuck this shit i hate pumpernickel

Glurmpz

« Reply #113 on: August 05, 2020, 10:49:03 PM »
fuck this shit i hate pumpernickel

I'm always going to remember this quote when I think of astrology. Thank you.  ;D

swordtechnique

• Rep: -56
« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2020, 11:16:10 PM »
I don't really follow astrology or anything but since this is a birthday thread too I share a birthday with everyone's favorite yoga practicin' salmon grillin' heelflipper Neen Williams, just the day before your birthday, OP. December 13th. We were also both born in the same year, 1985, on a Friday the 13th. Other Dec 13th celebs are Taylor Swift, Jamie Foxx and Steve Buscemi.

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #115 on: August 05, 2020, 11:48:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Astrology is probably one of my biggest pet peeves, but I try really hard to not get on ppl’s faces about it. I am much more reliant on emotions and/or logic (not mutually exclusive!) in my life, while spirituality lies at the frontiers of my perception of the universe.

DR, what are the merits you see for Astrology? A long history does not necessarily provide legitimacy—not like Abrahamic religions are a gold standard. Then again, religions attempt to enforce their own moral guidance, but I fail to see the “benefits” of Astrology other than being fun and interesting for some people, which is totally fine.

Why do you think it’s not trying to present itself as science? It absolutely uses pseudo-astronomy to categorize people and prescribe behaviors. Other than its societal context, I hate the fact that I’m being “told about myself.” I’m my own person, my DOB shouldn’t have any bearing on my significant, formative experiences, and I think it is detrimental to individuality. Yet, conversely, it has a very interesting spot in people’s identities as well.

In any case (as opinionated as I might be) I’m just trying to discuss, not out to attack anyone.

I share a bday with Obama which I think is preeettyyy cool hahah.
[close]

Bold 1: This is a remarkably self-aware and introspective statement to make. Shalom

Bold 2: Like you said, it's a fun and interesting topic and that's enough merit on its own. Some people are threatened by it obviously but it's usually because they read something about themselves or heard something that they didn't want to read or hear. Nobody likes being told their flaws and weaknesses. It helped me to learn more about myself and you have to take the bad with the good.

Bold 3: I don't know anyone who considers it a science. It is pre-science or proto-science if you insist on categorizing it with those terms. I don't follow anybody who claims it is an actual science in modern terms. I'm sure there are people who do but I know there's a lot of fakers and charlatans in the world, in every field of study and school of thought of every kind

appreciate the reply homie, shalom.

that’s actually a super interesting point I hadn’t considered. Facing a prescribed personality or assumptions about oneself could plausibly effect some moral awareness or a desire for personal change—give one something to work on or maybe feel proud of.

hmm idk man the label of protoscience leaves a door for it to potentially become an “accepted science.” I am definitely rethinking its interpretative merit though. Do you see it more as a hobby or a lifestyle or something else entirely? I guess I’m being whack and keep trying to label things but what I mean is I’m interested in your perspective since you seem pretty into it.
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1500
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #116 on: August 05, 2020, 11:56:52 PM »
I share my birthday with Salvadore Dali and the elephant man.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1573
« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2020, 12:42:54 AM »
November 23rd so Sagittarius and my ascendant is Taurus.

One doesn't have to embrace and subscribe to astrology to find it fun. I used to be fully cartesian and then I dated a girl who was super into astrology for eight years - it probably took her half that time to admit she was actually into it and not just bringing it up for jokes, too. Used to drive me crazy at first and then I eased into noticing the patterns in the behavior of people with specific signs and/or ascendants that she was pointing out to me too. Now I don't swear by it at all but it's something fun to consider.

Also that girl would always correctly guess people's astrological sign at first sight upon meeting them. As originally a firm non-believer, it always fucking blew my mind - she did that to hundreds of people over the years and only got it wrong (in my presence) maybe three or four times, then she would always get it right on the second guess. Needless to say most people's reaction was to freak out and suspect they had been stalked or something when she really had just seen them for the first time. She almost got kicked off a job as a shop employee once because she'd keep sending the average customer into panic mode simply by guessing their sign correctly seconds after greeting them.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 682
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #118 on: August 06, 2020, 03:06:33 AM »
hey
what about real twins, born on the same day, with exactly the same genes and education ?
Astrology would make them have the same exact behaviour, right ?

what do you think of the precession of equinoxes?
what about the fact the sun goes through 13 constellations (14 to be more precise) and astrology is based on 12 signs?
Astrologers say the position of stars has an effect on our behaviour. But they consider positions that were way different than the current ones. can you explain this ?
why considering the position of stars at the date of birth rather than at the date of conception ?
The main forces in the universe, electromagnetism and gravity, depends on distance. It means the closer the object is, the more force /effect on you. It means the doctor in the delivery room has more electomagnetic / gravitational impact on the baby than any stars. Do you BELIEVE in another force ?

You have the burden of proof. As long as nobody is able to show evidence, astrology is bullshit. Despite the fact it "exists" for millennia, nobody has been able to show it works.
There have been numerous scientific experiments about astrology (with astrologers taking part), same conclusion everytime : astrologers are just as good as random guesses.

You're free to BELIEVE that your life rely on heads or tails.
But don't expect others to let it slide

Science makes fun of astrology
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 11:03:36 AM by BALARGUE »

EastKremer

• Rep: -63
« Reply #119 on: August 06, 2020, 04:04:33 AM »
Imagine if every ppl against Astrology shared the same sign lol

By the way I’m Taurus