Author Topic: Straight-on noseblunts  (Read 12190 times)

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
Re: Straight-on noseblunts
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2020, 11:44:51 AM »
I'll take a straight on with proper lock and good slide over one from the side but slid and locked worse any day.

Proper ones on the side still the best of course.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 688
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2020, 11:50:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Only counts if it's pop in and pop out
last trick

[close]

So if you're at a spot that has some dope benches but they're only 4 feet long and you want to noseblunt them - you're telling me you would somehow pop in and out before the end? I feel like most people calling over the end not legit can't actually do nosebluntslides.
[close]

I'm in the camp that it's okay either way as long as you aren't trying to fake one that came from straight on as one that came from the side.

That said, to date, that Nestor Judkins clip is really the only time I've ever seen a back noseblunt popped out in the middle of a ledge, which is pretty crazy.

The last trick here is a frontside noseslide because he kinda came over the back to get in but he did pop out as if it were a backside noseblunt.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

ndsr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2020, 12:02:03 PM »
I'll take a straight on with proper lock and good slide over one from the side but slid and locked worse any day.

Proper ones on the side still the best of course.
I agree and you can’t argue the lock on the sbnb on pyramid ledges. I’ve only ever done them anywhere near ok straight on and from the side I end up booger sliding and only landing to value.

Glurmpz

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2020, 12:03:08 PM »
All due respect, but what are you smoking my friend?! No matter how they do it, it's still a noseblunt slide. You try hanging out on a session and telling someone to their face that they just did a frontside noseslide and get back to me, lol.

Also, on the one you noted - you gotta be shitting me to say that about that trick at that spot, really. Fucking gnarly and locked.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 03:11:06 PM by Glurmpz »

Mongoloid

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2020, 12:43:48 PM »
Yes, as I stated in the TK thread weeks ago.

Same applies for nosegrinds, etc...

There are exceptions though, say skating a skinny ledge straight on to a raised portion of said ledge.

Double Thick Filbert

• Rep: -56
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2020, 01:10:45 PM »
Daewon's last 3 tricks in round 2 are flips into straight on noseblunts

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2020, 01:21:21 PM »
Expand Quote
We got dudes still downplaying a somewhat lengthy switch back noseblunt on a narrow out ledge, and others saying it's easier to kickflip into back noseblunts. Slap, you've outdone yourself.
[close]
If you've messed around with enough tricks, you would find out that some "harder" tricks are not actually harder, they're just putting two things together, not necessarily making it harder.

Sometimes kickflip back tails are easier than back tails, in the same way a kickflip BSNBS could be easier. Doing an ollie going fast, twisting your board into a noseblunt position, all while keeping the board on your feet is hard. Doing half a backside flip and smashing your foot onto the nose IF it gets over the ledge takes less finesse in my opinion, not that both aren't hard in the first place.

Vomit Lust

• Rep: 83
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2020, 01:30:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Well the most important part of this discussion is - can YOU do noseblunts, and do you do them from the side only? If not, then you probably shouldn't criticize people who can do them.

What matters is if the nose is locked over the edge of the ledge. Booger slides suck. I've done nosebluntslides using both methods of entry and yeah, it feels cooler popping from the side, but on a short obstacle that results in a nosblunt bonk whereas going over the end gets you the whole slide.
[close]

Serious offender of the booger slide:

As seen in:

[close]
holy fuck that part was bad on all levels

All I can think about is nasty laser flips now. What was this thread about again?

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2020, 01:32:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
We got dudes still downplaying a somewhat lengthy switch back noseblunt on a narrow out ledge, and others saying it's easier to kickflip into back noseblunts. Slap, you've outdone yourself.
[close]
[close]
If you've messed around with enough tricks, you would find out that some "harder" tricks are not actually harder, they're just putting two things together, not necessarily making it harder.

Sometimes kickflip back tails are easier than back tails, in the same way a kickflip BSNBS could be easier. Doing an ollie going fast, twisting your board into a noseblunt position, all while keeping the board on your feet is hard. Doing half a backside flip and smashing your foot onto the nose IF it gets over the ledge takes less finesse in my opinion, not that both aren't hard in the first place.
Can you kickflip backside noseblunt?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -40
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2020, 02:17:56 PM »
I would debate that kickflip in is actually easier than an ollie since you can fling it and pray.

This website is just silly sometimes. When you find yourself posting takes like this one, it's time to log out and get some fresh air.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2020, 02:43:58 PM »
Expand Quote
I would debate that kickflip in is actually easier than an ollie since you can fling it and pray.
[close]

This website is just silly sometimes. When you find yourself posting takes like this one, it's time to log out and get some fresh air.
First, if you're taking me literally, that's your problem.
Also, if you don't have a bag of tricks that lead you can logically put together to make new tricks then none of this applies.
I'm assuming if you can kickflip and back tail, you could mentally put those together to figure out a kickflip back tail.
If somebody can't do a crooked grind, I don't want to hear their opinions on how to do back noseblunts.

I try to speak generally, so I don't come off as arrogant, but for those asking, yes I've spent the time trying these tricks and for 20 years been trying to figure out the nuances of how to do them consistently.
If you don't get how a kickflip back lip and a back lip are two different motions and executions of getting into the trick then I'm sorry I cannot convey that feeling to you.
Catching a kickflip and putting it in a trick is much different than just an ollie, especially when that ollie is very hard to keep on your feet while doing the motion to get into a BSNB.

The fact is that all of the people in question doing shady noseblunts clearly have the skate ability to do them from the side, it's just more difficult.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -148
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2020, 03:09:57 PM »
Can you kickflip backside noseblunt or not? ^

In my 20 years of skating, I've never heard of anyone claiming that kickflipping into a slide/grind trick was easier than ollieing into it.

Glurmpz

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2020, 03:19:11 PM »

In my 20 years of skating, I've never heard of anyone claiming that kickflipping into a slide/grind trick was easier than ollieing into it.

I know what he's trying to say, but I think it would be more accurate to say 'if you do A LOT of kickflip noseblunts/backtails, you may become more consistent on the flip in version...'. At the end of the day, flinging a kickflip into position takes more skill than just ollieing into position, as there's another factor added - flipping the board... so it doesn't make sense that flipping in would be easier. But - when I was doing kickflip back tails regularly I did get to the point where I felt like I would do better slides on the flip in version... so I can see where he's coming from.

SlapRhaters

• Rep: -184
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2020, 03:19:37 PM »
Holy shit, you weren't kidding. Can't believe no one immediately told him all he did was skid a nose manual across the middle of the ledge. lol

i guess i found out what the super realistic skater xl based their nose blunts on.

SlapRhaters

• Rep: -184
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2020, 03:28:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

As someone who can do both of them i feel you are focusing too much on getting into the trick when the hardest part is boning your board after the rotation so you can get the proper lock in which is much easier without a kickflip.

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2020, 03:43:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Well the most important part of this discussion is - can YOU do noseblunts, and do you do them from the side only? If not, then you probably shouldn't criticize people who can do them.
[close]

I could when I still did more than push the streets, and only from the side. I've always felt like straight-on was a little-kid tactic. I'm mostly surprised when people have far more skill than I ever did use the technique.

I agree with the other poster that bugger-slides are far worse.
Yeah course you could.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2020, 03:51:13 PM »
Its the only kind of noseblunt I can do. Thats how I know its wack.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2020, 03:52:32 PM »
I don't disagree with the basic premise, I have a few ledge tricks that I find it easier (or about the same difficulty) to kickflip into. I do, however, disagree with the claim that a kickflip backside noseblunt (or nollie backside noseblunt) is easier than a regular backside noseblunt because you flip into it, especially from a random poster on Slap who still hasn't responded with a "yes" or "no" when asked if he can kickflip backside noseblunt.

With that being said, fuck it, if you can do kickflip backside noseblunts, I'll take you at your word that they're easier than regular backside noseblunts.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Gideon Choi

• Rep: 33
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2020, 04:15:54 PM »
Brandon Biebel and Kyle Leeper are repeat offenders

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 656
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2020, 04:25:50 PM »

To be fair, one of my friends learned how to kickflip back 50 before learning back 5050s. He would say that the kickflip made it easier for him to get into the back 50. That's just an one-off example, but it's interesting.

Whoever said that Dennis Busenitz's back noseblunt at 3rd & Army was a front noseslide is wilding.

Glurmpz

« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2020, 04:29:18 PM »
Brandon Biebel and Kyle Leeper are repeat offenders

1:32 - over the end and full on booger.  ;D

NE SEctor

• Rep: -22
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2020, 04:53:55 PM »
I feel this thread was created more so to hate on the noseblunt jahmir did rather than to debate on whether a head on noseblunt slide head on is proper or not. Guarantee most of your favorite skaters has done one head on at one point or another, you just dont like jahmir, which is totally ok, but stop pretending like yall think a head on noseblunt isnt proper. Its a fucking back nose blunt shit is hard as fuck regardless

goo goo goo joob

• Rep: 40
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2020, 05:10:26 PM »

Billy Marks goes on record in an old Thrasher interview that he finds it easier to flip onto rails for whatever reason.

Magazine captions are to blame. If it were my way, I'd call them "Ollie over noseblunts"

matta

• Rep: 26
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2020, 05:25:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm assuming if you can kickflip and back tail, you could mentally put those together to figure out a kickflip back tail.

What the fuck? This just further nullified any opinion you have on tricks and their difficulties. Can you do tre flips and back tails? How about tre flip back tails?

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2020, 05:57:02 PM »
I feel this thread was created more so to hate on the noseblunt jahmir did rather than to debate on whether a head on noseblunt slide head on is proper or not. Guarantee most of your favorite skaters has done one head on at one point or another, you just dont like jahmir, which is totally ok, but stop pretending like yall think a head on noseblunt isnt proper. Its a fucking back nose blunt shit is hard as fuck regardless

This is the thing that bothers me. This thread was made to put down jahmir and his trick. All of everyone’s favorites have straight on noseblunt slid at one point. This was made to call out a trick and someone they didn’t like with “justification” and that’s lame. As fuck.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2020, 06:03:02 PM »
there is absolutely nothing wrong with going straight on for a noseblunt.

I also agree with kickflipping into things being easier sometimes.  when I was really good at kickflips they were easier to aim onto a ledge then ollieing for certain tricks
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1434
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2020, 06:14:37 PM »
gnarliness of the spot or just beautiful execution can excuse straight on bluntslides imo. i also think it just looks better sometimes depending on the spot and on film. same with bastardized backlips that are actually frontboards. call it what you want, the slide itself is pretty much the same once locked in and gnarly enough by itself(in the case of bs noseblunts).

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2020, 06:56:57 PM »
gnarliness of the spot or just beautiful execution can excuse straight on bluntslides imo. i also think it just looks better sometimes depending on the spot and on film. same with bastardized backlips that are actually frontboards. call it what you want, the slide itself is pretty much the same once locked in and gnarly enough by itself(in the case of bs noseblunts).

To be fair and in genuine curiosity, when has someone bastardized a back lip that we hold to such high regard?

Sidewalk Funk.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2020, 07:23:20 PM »
As long as it's properly dipped, I'm totally down for the straight on nosebluntslide. Coming from the side just gets extra points. The switch bs nosebluntslide Jahmir did was amazing.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2020, 08:46:19 PM »
Agreed
Shalom