Author Topic: Kader on Nike  (Read 72055 times)

veritas

Re: Kader on Nike
« Reply #180 on: November 16, 2020, 08:08:19 PM »
He's shedding that little kid / short person style for sure. How long is Dill gonna make us wait for the announcement, I saw that spray painted deck

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #181 on: November 16, 2020, 08:13:14 PM »
Expand Quote
I don't know, I doubt Nike is giving him a better offer.... or any offer outside of flowed shoes.

Not right now, during a pandemic, when the brand can't afford to renew any of their contracts that are expiring during these times, in big team sports as well as skateboarding. A lot of their track and field athletes have been seen training in other brands.They can't pay to keep relatively cheap contracts for legends like Gino, why would you think they could throw money at Kader?

He was gonna get royalties from that era shoe that some shops already have right? Why bail on that right before it comes out, and breach contract or whatever? Because I doubt VF Vans would have let him have a shoe come out without a contract that held him at least during the whole season of his colorway release.

And am I the only one who thinks that his song choice might be kinda a dick move? Unless he's just an innocent Tribe Called Quest super fan, choosing a song that's a well known diss track seems purposeful.
[close]

nah kader is has influence, I went to my local and half the baker boards say kader on em. Nike will pay money if they can turn a profit of a person. I can see it now him skating some hyped up travis scott dunk colorway or being in a edit for supreme dunks or some shit and muh fukkas just coppin. so they could have given him a good deal

I dunno about that. I don't see Kader getting that check right now. Seriously, the company is cutting budget left and right.

My money is on them flowing him hyped shoes to keep him and his newly adopted Supreme styling happy for awhile, and will try to get him actual contract and money after the COVID times have passed. For now I bet Kader chomps at the bit way harder than he did on Vans, kinda like a way to prove his worth to Nike. Seems like he's posted more actual skating today on Insta than he did in the last year on Vans.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

matty_c

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #182 on: November 16, 2020, 08:17:06 PM »
Holy smokes how good is he, I just saw those indoor lines on Insta today, nuts
listen to cosmic psychos

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #183 on: November 16, 2020, 08:22:33 PM »
My thought is he hung out with guys on Nike and he just wanted to be on Nike. He’s evolved from the dickies wearing, indy tranny skater to a rail chomping, baggy pants and Nike kinda guy. Just all the look

wildbillhiccup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
  • JACKASS
« Reply #184 on: November 16, 2020, 08:30:42 PM »
They saw how fast the kader pack went

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #185 on: November 16, 2020, 09:27:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Imagine being a grown man and mad about any of this. If this means more food on his and his family's plate then of fucking course he's gonna take the deal, who wouldn't?
[close]
Literally nobody is mad here except you, we’re just discussing his lack of loyalty and excessive sponsor hopping, not trying to stop the kid being able to provide for his family. Chill out ya gimp.
[close]

Lack of loyalty? He's been on Vans for what, two years? You still at the same job you had when you were 18? You're literally a fucking idiot. All the way down to the studs.
[close]

^This

All of you are out here acting as if Van's brought Kader up or something

Literally nobody is acting like that.

Dude has gone through a lot of sponsors in a short amount of time. That's the extent of what people have been saying.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #186 on: November 16, 2020, 09:34:50 PM »
Damn, kid has a mean switch flip!

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 866
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #187 on: November 16, 2020, 10:22:01 PM »
being annoyed by a contractor leaving one megacorporation for another is the most brainwashed shit i ever heard
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

AfterBlackEnderEnder

« Reply #188 on: November 16, 2020, 10:28:54 PM »
Him and Bill so sassy about switching from one corpo sponsor to another. It’s kind of funny. Wonder if these kids see guys like Gall doing renovations and odd jobs to make ends meet later in life and say fuck that. Cant blame em personally.

This. Uncle Freddy was supposed to get a lucrative contract with DC back in the day and squandered the opportunity. He has lamented about it in multiple interviews. It’s a shame he didn’t get the money when he could. 

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #189 on: November 16, 2020, 10:43:00 PM »
I don't know, I doubt Nike is giving him a better offer.... or any offer outside of flowed shoes.

Not right now, during a pandemic, when the brand can't afford to renew any of their contracts that are expiring during these times, in big team sports as well as skateboarding. A lot of their track and field athletes have been seen training in other brands.They can't pay to keep relatively cheap contracts for legends like Gino, why would you think they could throw money at Kader?

He was gonna get royalties from that era shoe that some shops already have right? Why bail on that right before it comes out, and breach contract or whatever? Because I doubt VF Vans would have let him have a shoe come out without a contract that held him at least during the whole season of his colorway release.

And am I the only one who thinks that his song choice might be kinda a dick move? Unless he's just an innocent Tribe Called Quest super fan, choosing a song that's a well known diss track seems purposeful.

The insta version is a chief keef song which is more fitting. The tribe had to be strobecks choice, dude definitely is having fun pairing 90s music with kids playing dress up

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #190 on: November 16, 2020, 10:45:18 PM »
My only reason for assuming he'll leave Baker is because most dudes with the hype he has end up going to adifferent company after the company he had a breakthrough with has runs its course. Couldn't be happier for a kid I don't even know tho.

Love Kader's skating, and wish I could buy some of that pro weed. I don't really smoke weed anymore though, but I think it's pretty tight he's got his own strain.
The chillest1

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #191 on: November 16, 2020, 10:47:22 PM »

He's getting paid.

fs180

• Rep: -267
« Reply #192 on: November 16, 2020, 10:50:19 PM »
hes getting paid for sure. nobody buys shit because of gino but everyone would because of kader. hes got a long career ahead.

also if a skater skates for nike he can easily just sell limited dunks and pay rent with it

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #193 on: November 16, 2020, 11:44:13 PM »
My only reason for assuming he'll leave Baker is because most dudes with the hype he has end up going to adifferent company after the company he had a breakthrough with has runs its course. Couldn't be happier for a kid I don't even know tho.

Love Kader's skating, and wish I could buy some of that pro weed. I don't really smoke weed anymore though, but I think it's pretty tight he's got his own strain.
I thought Nike was all anti-drugs (including weed) surely they won’t be down for all his weed antics on IG?
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #194 on: November 17, 2020, 12:23:53 AM »
Nah man Chet kept it real and it went wrong have a go at rain man bradley
You just can’t explicitly say you buy hooter with the cheque that’s all
listen to cosmic psychos

Nicki

« Reply #195 on: November 17, 2020, 12:33:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
anyways Baker reposted it on their story so he's not getting the Darius King treatment.
[close]

And Reynolds posted it with “Favorite Skater” so I wouldn’t worry about him becoming the first Nike skater on FA yet
[close]

.....KB.....Gino....probably more...

Donavon, Fitzgerald, Vincent, Terps, Nik, Caleb, (+ Swan, Sage, Louie, Kevin).

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #196 on: November 17, 2020, 12:46:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Imagine being a grown man and mad about any of this. If this means more food on his and his family's plate then of fucking course he's gonna take the deal, who wouldn't?
[close]
Literally nobody is mad here except you, we’re just discussing his lack of loyalty and excessive sponsor hopping, not trying to stop the kid being able to provide for his family. Chill out ya gimp.
[close]

Lack of loyalty? He's been on Vans for what, two years? You still at the same job you had when you were 18? You're literally a fucking idiot. All the way down to the studs.
Jobs and sponsorships are kinda different you
fucking clown. All we’re saying is it’s kinda weird that he’s not even 21 and he’s on his 3rd shoe sponsor? He’s chopped and changed other sponsors aswell, name one pro that’s changed up sponsors so much in such a short space of time? And before you say Mike V and Markovich, no, that’s not the same. Fucking Kook that you are.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

treflips_up_yer_nan

« Reply #197 on: November 17, 2020, 12:56:38 AM »
hes got one hell of a back 3

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #198 on: November 17, 2020, 12:57:57 AM »
Kids these days
listen to cosmic psychos

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
« Reply #199 on: November 17, 2020, 01:00:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
anyways Baker reposted it on their story so he's not getting the Darius King treatment.
[close]

And Reynolds posted it with “Favorite Skater” so I wouldn’t worry about him becoming the first Nike skater on FA yet
[close]

[close]

Well Cons and/or Hockey riders don’t really count in the Nike riders on FA convo.

But I’ll give Vincent and Kevin Bradley.  Gino on adidas and Terp hasn’t been seen skating to know whether he’s still on or not

irunknee

• Rep: -3
« Reply #200 on: November 17, 2020, 01:12:44 AM »

Yep. Some of you have gotten pretty out of touch. Atleast watch some of his recent insta clips and the thankyouvans edit. The Chief Keef "Finally Rich" for his clips of leaving Vans and signing with Nike haha? It's pretty obvious he's gonna end up big like how KB, Nak, and TJ came up in Cherry. He's definitely getting paid.

Nicki

« Reply #201 on: November 17, 2020, 01:35:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Well Cons and/or Hockey riders don’t really count in the Nike riders on FA convo.

But I’ll give Vincent and Kevin Bradley.  Gino on adidas and Terp hasn’t been seen skating to know whether he’s still on or not

Hockey is part of faworldentertainment and sold at fuckingawesomestore.com, but I did put em in brackets for semantics like you  :)

And if you ride for Cons your account is credited with “Nike Inc” money, so you might not be skating Nikes, but they’re the ones paying you.

And whether Gino and Terps are of doesn’t change that Kader isn’t “the first Nike skater on FA”.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 02:07:22 AM by Nicki »

Ghost Face

• Rep: 112
« Reply #202 on: November 17, 2020, 01:40:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yep. Some of you have gotten pretty out of touch. Atleast watch some of his recent insta clips and the thankyouvans edit. The Chief Keef "Finally Rich" for his clips of leaving Vans and signing with Nike haha? It's pretty obvious he's gonna end up big like how KB, Nak, and TJ came up in Cherry. He's definitely getting paid.

Where are they now?
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #203 on: November 17, 2020, 01:46:13 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I thought Nike was all anti-drugs (including weed) surely they won’t be down for all his weed antics on IG?

Have you seen Kevin Bradley's Instagram on any given day?

Nicki

« Reply #204 on: November 17, 2020, 01:57:37 AM »
Everybody’s been saying he’ll go to FA for years but for some reason I think he’ll stay on Baker. Maybe just wishful thinking. I’ve seen Reynolds and Kader joke with each other on Instagram about him of Baker at this point but he’s still there.

Sick edit and he looks good in dunks. Get paid Kader.

Wishful thinking for sure, LaterKader is out of there real soon to get paid FA/Nike/Supreme money. he’s obviously business/money minded and good for him, strike while you’re hot coming up. What’s the future at Baker? Maybe ask Cyril, Dee, Donta, Braydon, Antwaun, Tk.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #205 on: November 17, 2020, 02:08:50 AM »
They’ll still outsell miaw tho
I fuck with you I’m just a prick
listen to cosmic psychos

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #206 on: November 17, 2020, 03:46:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
fucking clown. All we’re saying is it’s kinda weird that he’s not even 21 and he’s on his 3rd shoe sponsor? He’s chopped and changed other sponsors aswell, name one pro that’s changed up sponsors so much in such a short space of time? And before you say Mike V and Markovich, no, that’s not the same. Fucking Kook that you are.

Why do you get to set the parameter that Mike V and Markovich can't be used? I can't put my finger on what the difference between Kader and those two are. Someone help me. Mr. Margaret Thatcher over here has me vexed.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #207 on: November 17, 2020, 04:08:52 AM »
I could see him on FA

Paperclip20

• Rep: 138
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #208 on: November 17, 2020, 04:23:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

You can call it whatever you want but these corporations only care about the money he is bringing in to them. He should be doing the same. Weird? Sure but when you have options like this and don't take them they disappear eventually. I'm not a huge Kader or Nike fan but am happy for him.

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #209 on: November 17, 2020, 04:58:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Gino is still on the Nike team page.