Author Topic: Everything B L A N K s thread  (Read 26448 times)

goodnews_cigjuice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
Re: Everything B L A N K s thread
« Reply #210 on: July 31, 2022, 07:07:26 PM »

I know for the effort and the price this is not so much an option, but I have been buying sale boards, mainly bad graphics that are marked down, from companies that use good wood and then scraping the graphic off with a razor blade, so I get the best of both worlds.

This is the most recent one:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdndEFypR3m/

Sickk dude. Ive been doing this with Tactics shop boards, they're BBS wood and actually found one thats the same shape as an AntiHero board that I really liked. Usually, ill use a hand sander/sandpaper and then hit it with a Rustoleum clear coat after and its mintt.

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 35
« Reply #211 on: August 01, 2022, 02:54:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone know anywhere in the EU that does good blanks ?

Wholesale or shop blanks?
[close]

Also interested

i've been skating one from https://blankdecks.eu/

don't know the woodshop or whatever but they're really good boards. Its based in the netherlands, pretty sure it used to go by skateboardplaza.nl or something. A lot of people used to skate these about 13 years ago. I'm just gonna buy and skate these.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #212 on: August 01, 2022, 06:18:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone know anywhere in the EU that does good blanks ?

Wholesale or shop blanks?
[close]

Also interested
[close]

i've been skating one from https://blankdecks.eu/

don't know the woodshop or whatever but they're really good boards. Its based in the netherlands, pretty sure it used to go by skateboardplaza.nl or something. A lot of people used to skate these about 13 years ago. I'm just gonna buy and skate these.

these look like boards out of excel woodshop in china to me.

JJ_Skates

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 15
« Reply #213 on: September 21, 2022, 04:05:55 PM »
I'm coming off of skating an 8.5 blank from Skate warehouse that was made by BBS. I've been skating medium and high concave decks but I'd like to go with a really mellow blank to switch up a little. Any suggestions?

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #214 on: September 21, 2022, 05:52:00 PM »
Expand Quote

I know for the effort and the price this is not so much an option, but I have been buying sale boards, mainly bad graphics that are marked down, from companies that use good wood and then scraping the graphic off with a razor blade, so I get the best of both worlds.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdndEFypR3m/
[close]

Sickk dude. Ive been doing this with Tactics shop boards, they're BBS wood and actually found one thats the same shape as an AntiHero board that I really liked. Usually, ill use a hand sander/sandpaper and then hit it with a Rustoleum clear coat after and its mintt.

@Mbrimson88 i want to do this. Urs look good.  So I got two R7 Enjoi boards on sale with pretty minimal graphics
(Peekaboo panda)got some blades n stuff from bunnings .  I'll post when I set one up

Dwindle R7 Blanks sound very appealing to me

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #215 on: September 21, 2022, 06:19:27 PM »
i want to do this. Urs look good.  So I got two R7 Enjoi boards on sale with pretty minimal graphics
(Peekaboo panda)got some blades n stuff from bunnings .  I'll post when I set one up

That’s probably the easiest graphic to do, don’t know what size you’re riding but there are some other Enjoi graphics floating around with pretty minimal shit too

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
« Reply #216 on: September 21, 2022, 06:43:43 PM »
Enjoi box panda decks are what you’re looking for

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #217 on: September 21, 2022, 07:24:55 PM »
Expand Quote
i want to do this. Urs look good.  So I got two R7 Enjoi boards on sale with pretty minimal graphics

[close]

That’s probably the easiest graphic to do, don’t know what size you’re riding but there are some other Enjoi graphics floating around with pretty minimal shit too
8 x 31.6 x 14wb   I've been skating crail G045'S this seemed similar

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #218 on: September 21, 2022, 09:58:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
8 x 31.6 x 14wb   I've been skating crail G045'S this seemed similar

Not sure on length and wb, but if you can find these
https://www.kickpush.com.au/enjoi-skateboard-deck-box-panda-r7-louie-barletta

It’s an 8, R7 with practically no graphic. I stocked up on ad many of the 8.5 I could find and a handful of stickers.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #219 on: September 23, 2022, 03:53:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

@Mbrimson88 i want to do this. Urs look good.  So I got two R7 Enjoi boards on sale with pretty minimal graphics

Thought you guys might appreciate a follow up post.

Sorry if viewing pics like this is a bit of a pain, but it is easier for me to have them all together in this sort of format.

Happy to help with any questions or other info as well.

Boards I have blanked.

In looking back over pics as well as getting some boards out, I have blanked almost ten of these current boards from various brands including Baker, Birdhouse, Element and others, all on the same wood, from the BBS woodshop.

Some I have left blank, others stickered up, some painted but for all of them, I am more stoked on nice stains than anything else. Not so much a fan of a natural bottom layer, or even some stains, but having painted and used those boards, I am more stoked now.

Helps they are just the right shape, concave and usually on sale so it doesn't matter what the original graphic was.

As far as blanking them, I found using a nice clean razor blade is best, holding the blade almost vertical on a flat board, scraping at the graphic just taking the paint off but not the varnish layer underneath and keeps the boards still nicely sealed, clean and good to use.

I do have a bit more time these days to do that, so it is not a worry now to do a whole board in a short while, but took a few boards to get the technique going nicely.

Anyway that is just a bit of trivia and fun.

Well worth it for the good times on my boards.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci2I8GlpVGm/

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #220 on: September 27, 2022, 03:44:37 PM »

Scottboarding

• Rep: 76
« Reply #221 on: September 27, 2022, 04:38:53 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CjBt7eRvng3/?igshid=NzNkNDdiOGI=

Somebody at enjoi must be lurking
That’s actually pretty rad, better than most of their actual graphics. I’ve been wanting to try an R7 board and might have to get this.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #222 on: September 27, 2022, 11:37:38 PM »
A blank logo deck,  That’s an Oxymoron.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #223 on: September 28, 2022, 03:29:57 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CjBt7eRvng3/?igshid=NzNkNDdiOGI=

Somebody at enjoi must be lurking

I saw these a while back, had to laugh. But at the same time they literally made a board with a 3 inch graphic that could’ve been instead of these boards and they’d probably sell more

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #224 on: October 02, 2022, 01:33:54 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CjOXly1pPQ1/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Pennswood is doing this new spinning paint drip method.  Not sure if they count as blank but the hydro dipped ones were pretty popular a while back so figured I’d share.

Get hungry on it!

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #225 on: October 02, 2022, 04:41:11 PM »

Pennswood is doing this new spinning paint drip method.  Not sure if they count as blank but the hydro dipped ones were pretty popular a while back so figured I’d share.

That is amazing!

I copied your post to the Woodshop thread too.

Thanks for posting.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #226 on: September 10, 2023, 04:51:58 PM »
I sell uncut blanks, check out @WorkinHardHardware on insta. Have 9.5" and 11" uncuts hand glued and pressed in Tempe, AZ 8)
Sorry for playing necromancer, but you still making the 11” uncuts @WorkinHardHardware?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #227 on: September 10, 2023, 04:55:23 PM »
Expand Quote
I sell uncut blanks, check out @WorkinHardHardware on insta. Have 9.5" and 11" uncuts hand glued and pressed in Tempe, AZ 8)
[close]
Sorry for playing necromancer, but you still making the 11” uncuts @WorkinHardHardware?

I haven't seen him active on here since October 2022, but he is still on instagram, last post put up yesterday.

https://www.instagram.com/workinhardhardware/

Might be a better way to get hold of him.

The last board he put up was a while ago too, working more on screens, but that doesn't mean he doesn't still have or make boards.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CudDbX3vlte/

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #228 on: September 10, 2023, 08:33:19 PM »
Yeah I messaged him right after that post. Figured Thad get a reply more than likely. Thanks for posting his IG back then.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #229 on: February 20, 2024, 10:00:47 AM »
warehouse skateboards has blanks from, prime, psstix, DSM, Madrid(A,B,C), 11:11

in various shapes
https://www.warehouseskateboards.com/cheap-blank-skateboard-decks

OhioGuy

• Rep: 72
« Reply #230 on: February 25, 2024, 05:27:29 AM »
These Tactics decks are basically blanks:

https://www.tactics.com/tactics/oval-logo-skateboard-deck/teal

Thinking about grabbing a few. Idk, just getting a little tired of graphics.

FrenchSkater

• Rep: 28
« Reply #231 on: February 25, 2024, 01:27:24 PM »
Does anyone have a good shop online to recommend in Europe with very good blank boards ?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #232 on: February 25, 2024, 04:30:51 PM »

I would almost say that seems like the point of those boards.

Nice stains, minimal logo graphic you can easily razor blade off if you just want a blank, but still the shop board at a good price and on BBS wood / Generator shapes, and almost all sizes, up to 8.75 at least.

You even get to choose your colour bottom stain, rather than just having a random stain sent out to you as per any other board, or from skatesamples.com site.

The shapes are good and dimensions really nice, at least from what I see on the info as well as the boards I have and skate.

* That seems easier than doing what I have been doing with other normal graphic boards, as per the one at the top of this page, taking off a whole board graphic can be good, but it is a bit of a painful process.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #233 on: February 25, 2024, 07:39:06 PM »
Anyone know where I can get some blanks that have the big shovel nose like FA?

ish_wav

• Rep: 93
« Reply #234 on: February 26, 2024, 06:59:01 AM »

Not as exaggerated as an FA board, not the Clutch “O” shape is what you’re looking for.

FrenchSkater

• Rep: 28
« Reply #235 on: February 26, 2024, 07:00:46 AM »
https://www.blankdecks.eu/product/8-125-pro-plus-skateboard-deck-blue-3/

Have people already tried these boards ?

I read above but the review is quite old that they were very good boards but I would like to know the current quality..

I hesitate for this but i don’t know the qualite of Bold SP .. : https://www.skateshop24.de/bold-sp-blank-skateboard-deck-mid-5930?c=668#49e70581823eb65f21f065501499a1ee

If anyone has already tried these two boards once, thank you for the reviews haha
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 08:03:17 AM by FrenchSkater »

Still_Sorry

• Rep: 1
« Reply #236 on: February 26, 2024, 07:17:26 AM »
Anyone have recommendations for blank boards that have relatively flat concave throughout (i.e., a flat nose, tail, and wheelbase)? I ordered 8.5" blanks from New York Skateboards assuming they'd be flat throughout like old Chapman boards, only to find out that while the nose and tail are flat, the wheelbase is not. And the contrast between the flatness of the nose/tail and the concave of the wheelbase is a bit strange.

stupidfuckface

• Rep: 19
« Reply #237 on: February 26, 2024, 07:59:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I would almost say that seems like the point of those boards.

Nice stains, minimal logo graphic you can easily razor blade off if you just want a blank, but still the shop board at a good price and on BBS wood / Generator shapes, and almost all sizes, up to 8.75 at least.

You even get to choose your colour bottom stain, rather than just having a random stain sent out to you as per any other board, or from skatesamples.com site.

The shapes are good and dimensions really nice, at least from what I see on the info as well as the boards I have and skate.

* That seems easier than doing what I have been doing with other normal graphic boards, as per the one at the top of this page, taking off a whole board graphic can be good, but it is a bit of a painful process.

Does nail polish remover not work anymore? Seems like it would be a much less laborious process..

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #238 on: February 26, 2024, 08:01:17 AM »
Specifically the Canadian made moose blanks from Tgm. Were flatter. But that was maybe 4 years when ago.  That could have changed since then.

They do have great customer service. In my experience. As always try to contact the seller before hand.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #239 on: February 26, 2024, 08:35:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not as exaggerated as an FA board, not the Clutch “O” shape is what you’re looking for.
Anyone know where I can get these?