Author Topic: Lance Mountain on Racism?  (Read 26076 times)

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
  • and the whistle is screaming
Re: Lance Mountain on Racism?
« Reply #240 on: December 27, 2020, 03:27:02 AM »
Half Grab..... To fakie.

mbam003

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #241 on: December 27, 2020, 04:19:24 AM »
On one hand you accuse someone of being a fascist. On the other hand you're trying to project force to stop him from reading something that doesn't suit your political views. See the contradiction? I would hate to see Lance bend the knee to stupidity like this.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #242 on: December 27, 2020, 07:34:06 AM »
On one hand you accuse someone of being a fascist. On the other hand you're trying to project force to stop him from reading something that doesn't suit your political views. See the contradiction? I would hate to see Lance bend the knee to stupidity like this.

We'll never get to punish him for his thought crimes if he doesn't open my DM  :(

Honestly I think everyone here knows we can't force him to do anything, that's not the goal. Gauging the potential of Lance belonging to a readership known for extreme beliefs (white nationalism, namely) is what's going on here.

Ed already said it, but Breitbart really isn't what it used to be as far as what it publishes, and if you look at the website yourself you will see some pretty conventional conservative takes and lots of entertainment coverage. But the fact remains that it originated as a link to the mainstream for those whose beliefs should probably not be considered seriously as "political opinions," but as racist fear mongering (again, talking about white nationalism of the alt-right).

Anybody who has some time and wants to know more about what Breitbart is, read this:

https://www-nytimes-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.nytimes.com/2017/08/16/magazine/breitbart-alt-right-steve-bannon.amp.html?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16090798913978&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2F2017%2F08%2F16%2Fmagazine%2Fbreitbart-alt-right-steve-bannon.html

Edit: I'd like to add that I still believe the potential for Lance being alt right is very low. It seems much more realistic that a 56 year old white guy is right leaning and mindlessly clicked "follow" after seeing a headline that made him chuckle. I only dm'd him because the people gotta know.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #243 on: December 27, 2020, 07:53:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

We'll never get to punish him for his thought crimes if he doesn't open my DM  :(

Honestly I think everyone here knows we can't force him to do anything, that's not the goal. Gauging the potential of Lance belonging to a readership known for extreme beliefs (white nationalism, namely) is what's going on here.

Ed already said it, but Breitbart really isn't what it used to be as far as what it publishes, and if you look at the website yourself you will see some pretty conventional conservative takes and lots of entertainment coverage. But the fact remains that it originated as a link to the mainstream for those whose beliefs should probably not be considered seriously as "political opinions," but as racist fear mongering (again, talking about white nationalism of the alt-right).

Anybody who has some time and wants to know more about what Breitbart is, read this:

https://www-nytimes-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.nytimes.com/2017/08/16/magazine/breitbart-alt-right-steve-bannon.amp.html?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16090798913978&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2F2017%2F08%2F16%2Fmagazine%2Fbreitbart-alt-right-steve-bannon.html

Edit: I'd like to add that I still believe the potential for Lance being alt right is very low. It seems much more realistic that a 56 year old white guy is right leaning and mindlessly clicked "follow" after seeing a headline that made him chuckle. I only dm'd him because the people gotta know.

You know dam well he isn't. This is the usual bored morons on slap creating drama to pass away the time.... At best. At worst it's the worst executed witch hunt in history.

I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #244 on: December 27, 2020, 08:16:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You know dam well he isn't. This is the usual bored morons on slap creating drama to pass away the time.... At best. At worst it's the worst executed witch hunt in history.

I am a bored moron who is proud to be bad at hunting witches
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #245 on: December 27, 2020, 08:22:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I am a bored moron who is proud to be bad at hunting witches

Lol

To be honest man I'm bored as hell too.

Back with family for Xmas with no board
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #246 on: December 27, 2020, 09:15:55 AM »
That’s not a contradiction. Fascism is a specific set of political beliefs. Wanting people to adhere to some community norms and shaming them if they don’t is something basically every society does.

Banned from the room

« Reply #247 on: December 27, 2020, 09:26:24 AM »
I was on Lance's IG, and it looks like homeboy is following the alt right's favorite "news" source.

Not a good look...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Identity

mushroom slice

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 611
« Reply #249 on: December 27, 2020, 10:05:59 AM »
Since this thread is all speculation (save for the big swinging dick who took it to insta) I’ve occasionally found myself wondering how some people know so much about racist stuff. For instance, the poster eraserheadfuckers. He posted some racist memes to show us examples. At the same time, the guy hates fascists and racists so much he makes songs about it. Poster Armin Tamzarian explained that people were upset about the pizza graphic with the naked black woman because it appeared influenced by hottentot art, or a word that sounded similar that I cannot remember. I had never even heard that word before. It makes me wonder how people even learn about this stuff. If you’re opposed to these things, it must be uncomfortable to learn about. Is it like when I read editorials I don’t agree with because I hate myself?
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #251 on: December 27, 2020, 10:41:55 AM »
Since this thread is all speculation (save for the big swinging dick who took it to insta) I’ve occasionally found myself wondering how some people know so much about racist stuff. For instance, the poster eraserheadfuckers. He posted some racist memes to show us examples. At the same time, the guy hates fascists and racists so much he makes songs about it. Poster Armin Tamzarian explained that people were upset about the pizza graphic with the naked black woman because it appeared influenced by hottentot art, or a word that sounded similar that I cannot remember. I had never even heard that word before. It makes me wonder how people even learn about this stuff. If you’re opposed to these things, it must be uncomfortable to learn about. Is it like when I read editorials I don’t agree with because I hate myself?

It's most probably about knowing the world that some people envision. I.e. knowing your enemy. And if you are subject of their hate it is a good thing to know what is going on in peoples minds'.

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #252 on: December 27, 2020, 11:12:41 AM »
This is what the white left and white right look like to level headed people.

Banned from the room

« Reply #253 on: December 27, 2020, 11:32:32 AM »
I know someone who knows lance. She gave me a a lance board in like 1990 for xmas. Also scored me a gelfand Ollie tank pig in the mid 90s. Maybe I'll ask her maybe idk.

Kinda a silly thing to ask about. Hey long time no see how you doing... Good good good... Hey is lance a racist or just way too 1980s? Ok thanks I'll tell slap.

I personally think they aren't a racist. Idk.

I get called a cultural marxist all the time. That's an anti-Semitic term but the people who say it don't realize it because they don't know the history of the terms they use.

Muddy waters are politics in 2020.

I'm an anarchist not a marxist. Marx was a bougie bastard. I was beaten into the life I live by cops.

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 637
« Reply #254 on: December 27, 2020, 11:35:21 AM »
This is what the white left and white right look like to level headed people.

Yes, level-headed people definitely look at things this way.

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -42
« Reply #255 on: December 27, 2020, 01:24:18 PM »

Social education is often uncomfortable.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Support your local skate shop

Bender

• Rep: -6
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #257 on: December 27, 2020, 04:10:52 PM »
Lance has never tried to hide his religious views.

A large percentage of the people who share his Christian fundamentalist ideals fall on the far right wing side of the aisle politically though.

I doubt Lance is a hateful person, but unfortunately he shares a belief set that dictates core values with many who genuinely are.

I’d wager there’s a lot of crossover between self identifying non denominational Christians and Brietbart readers. Guilt by association?

Never met the dude though. He’s rad to watch skate. Gotta try to separate the kook from the art.

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #258 on: December 28, 2020, 12:46:50 AM »
you entertaining your self-hatred with editorials is not the same as me reading about the heavy amount of racist Americans and how they shat on poc throughout history. When I joined the army, I went to ft. Benning for basic and it wasn’t until I got there that I found out Henry Benning was slave owning confederate army general. Shit is not the same. The KKK still drops flyers at my grandmas house in Ocean city in 2020.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 12:56:46 AM by Youoverthere »

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #259 on: December 28, 2020, 05:25:48 AM »

in school, or because they are interested in it and not poosey. far right wingers and nazis are way more butthurt about uncomfortable truths. hence you get holocaust denial and such. i've never met a leftist that thought stalin was sick. the only person i've met that loves stalin is pretty much an alt-right type of person, who thought stalin is sick because he was as tough leader. that person still disregarded leftist politics though. none of my leftist friends and acqaintances would back fucking stalin, nor deny that the guy is also a monster who's killed millions. learning these types of things is not uncomfortable, it's merely unfortunate to be disappointed.

in general, humanity is trash, so learning about its history and culture naturally comes with disappointing parts no matter where you stand on the political spectrum. it's a choice to remain ignorant.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #260 on: December 28, 2020, 09:08:39 AM »
Thanks for the replies, guys. First to Frank, I’ll admit to being ignorant about a lot of things in life. Especially social issues. I’m trying to learn. For example, youoverthere said that the KKK drops flyers at his grandmas house in Ocean City. As an outsider, I thought the KKK was just in the Deep South, but here I’ve been presented evidence to the contrary. I would never learn these things if not for talking to other people about their experiences. Suffice to say, Youoverthere, I know me indulging my self-hatred is not the same as learning about the horrors of humanity; referencing it was a ham-fisted attempt to start a conversation to learn about the experiences of other people.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #261 on: December 28, 2020, 09:46:40 AM »
just want to say i didn't mean to antagonize you in any way or accuse you of being ignorant. you don't come off like that at all. i was speaking more broadly.

everyone has different experiences after all, and ignorance can truly be bliss. hence why i said it's a choice basically. for some it's a choice for happiness over worry and that's fine for me as well as long as the ignorance doesn't turn into something worse or leads to them being worse to people than they were before.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #262 on: December 28, 2020, 09:50:02 AM »
Don’t worry, I did not interpret it as an insult, but thank you for clarifying.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #263 on: December 28, 2020, 10:21:44 AM »
Lance has never tried to hide his religious views.

A large percentage of the people who share his Christian fundamentalist ideals fall on the far right wing side of the aisle politically though.

I doubt Lance is a hateful person, but unfortunately he shares a belief set that dictates core values with many who genuinely are.

I’d wager there’s a lot of crossover between self identifying non denominational Christians and Brietbart readers. Guilt by association?

Never met the dude though. He’s rad to watch skate. Gotta try to separate the kook from the art.

Not all Christians are fundamentalists.   Far from it.  Looking at who he follows, the religious accounts (only like 3-4) are just mellow Southern California types that tend to be politics free.  There tends to not be a lot of fire and brimstone talk in places where you can roll to church in sandals

ballintoohard

« Reply #264 on: December 28, 2020, 10:44:13 AM »
Thanks for the replies, guys. First to Frank, I’ll admit to being ignorant about a lot of things in life. Especially social issues. I’m trying to learn. For example, youoverthere said that the KKK drops flyers at his grandmas house in Ocean City. As an outsider, I thought the KKK was just in the Deep South, but here I’ve been presented evidence to the contrary. I would never learn these things if not for talking to other people about their experiences. Suffice to say, Youoverthere, I know me indulging my self-hatred is not the same as learning about the horrors of humanity; referencing it was a ham-fisted attempt to start a conversation to learn about the experiences of other people.

Ocean City MD is the South.

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #265 on: December 28, 2020, 10:54:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

technically yes because it’s under the masonD line, we’re really mid-Atlantic. Not Deep South.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
« Reply #266 on: December 28, 2020, 10:57:43 AM »
ocean city is extremely white trash, so I can see why people would think that.
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #267 on: December 28, 2020, 11:16:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
technically yes because it’s under the masonD line, we’re really mid-Atlantic. Not Deep South.
Yeah, I'm in Alabama. Real deep south dumb shit.

ballintoohard

« Reply #268 on: December 28, 2020, 11:21:22 AM »
I lived in DC for a while and spent time all over the MA, shit is pretty South outside of cities. Frederick and that area is particularly bad.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #269 on: December 28, 2020, 11:23:54 AM »