Author Topic: Covid vaccine  (Read 58025 times)

Ms. Tamzarian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
Re: Covid vaccine
« Reply #240 on: March 24, 2021, 11:59:31 AM »
getting shot 1 of the Moderna vaccine tomorrow with my fiance ! Fingers crossed !

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #241 on: March 24, 2021, 12:58:19 PM »
I've been trying real hard to get vaccinated but no dice. It's just like sex.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #242 on: March 24, 2021, 10:15:29 PM »
Girlfriend just got her second appointment for 4:20pm on 4/20

...blaze it

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #243 on: March 25, 2021, 08:37:34 AM »
I've got Moderna pumping through my circulatory system! All is well! Feeling fucking STOKED honestly, like I'm a little woozy and my arm is sore as fuck - but that's no surprise.

I'm just really fucking chuffed to be one down one to go! All the best to everyone awaiting appointments! If I may recommend to my U.S. shalomies: setting it up via CVS was the easiest way (granted, I work in food service, so I'm in the 1b category).

We've got this my friends!!!!!!!!!!!! xo

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #244 on: March 25, 2021, 08:54:41 AM »
getting my first dose on my birthday next month! whole family is fully vaccinated so thats a very big relief lifted off my shoulders

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1481
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #245 on: March 25, 2021, 09:15:27 AM »
Super stoked to see everyone getting poked. I didn't experience anything after my first one outside of the arm soreness. Luckily, my wife booked my vax through walgreens so I wouldn't have to drive all the way to Augusta to the VA there.

Just a few weeks more then I get my second dose.

A month after that my tetanus booster.

Yay for shots.

Then I can go back to wearing a mask just to pretend to be a ninja.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #246 on: March 25, 2021, 11:08:01 AM »
Just received my first shot of Pfizer, and now the second shot is scheduled for mid April just a few days before my birthday. Can't wait to be able to take public transportation again to better spots/parks, also traveling again in general.

Super stoked to see everyone getting poked.

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #247 on: March 25, 2021, 07:51:10 PM »
Just received my first shot of Pfizer, and now the second shot is scheduled for mid April just a few days before my birthday. Can't wait to be able to take public transportation again to better spots/parks, also traveling again in general.

Expand Quote
Super stoked to see everyone getting poked.
[close]

I also got the first shot of the Pfizer today, and my birthday is just over 2 weeks away.  It feels pretty surreal.

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
« Reply #248 on: March 25, 2021, 11:25:09 PM »
Got my first Pfizer yesterday, feeling fine. Had a rough time with the Cook county website in IL, but went to the advocate website AAH.org/vaccine and it went real smooth. It's available there for people over 18 with comorbidities (I'm diabetic). There are also sites in Wisconsin. Not sure how booked they are now, but worth a look. Good luck everyone, stay safe.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
« Reply #249 on: March 26, 2021, 05:02:47 AM »
Got my first Pfizer yesterday, feeling fine. Had a rough time with the Cook county website in IL, but went to the advocate website AAH.org/vaccine and it went real smooth. It's available there for people over 18 with comorbidities (I'm diabetic). There are also sites in Wisconsin. Not sure how booked they are now, but worth a look. Good luck everyone, stay safe.

I finally got mine at Loretto on Wednesday, I ended up booking on Zocdoc. Luckily my roommates got theirs as well yesterday in Des Plaines!

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #250 on: March 26, 2021, 05:13:18 AM »
Getting poked today, very excited.

I was able to get all of my coworkers registered to get vaccinated too, which is tight.

If anyone is in Austin and needs help getting their vaccine, let me know I’ll gladly help you out.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Yu Dum

« Reply #251 on: March 26, 2021, 12:46:53 PM »
Very happy to see everyone doing their part and getting vaccinated. My Shelby County here in TN has had one fuck up after another as far as scheduling and actually getting people vaccinated. Our gov't found thousands of doses had gone to waste and had to step in instead of leaving it to the local Health Dept, but now that they've stepped in to help I'll be able to get my first round starting April 6. I know it isn't a permanent solution, but I'm relieved I won't have to wait until fucking August like they originally proposed.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #252 on: March 28, 2021, 06:44:13 PM »
According to my GFs imunocompromised sister, cvs slots appear at 6am. I haven’t confirmed this myself, but I’m just passing the info.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #253 on: March 29, 2021, 05:26:05 AM »
According to my GFs imunocompromised sister, cvs slots appear at 6am. I haven’t confirmed this myself, but I’m just passing the info.

For Maryland, where I'm getting vaxxed and everyone I know is getting vaxxed. Appointments are loading between 6a and 7a.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #254 on: March 29, 2021, 05:41:22 AM »
My wife, just turned 44 and with no discernable major health conditions (a slight thyroid issue she takes a pill for) that would qualify her as even low-moderate risk, got a notification yesterday on the way home from our weekend road trip for a Tuesday, 9:15am appt. Were in California.

It's getting to the point where if you want a shot, you can get a shot. Just may have to work for it a slight bit, but even that gatekeeping is about to fall.
ok thanks

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1591
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #255 on: March 29, 2021, 05:55:04 AM »
I got the first dose of moderna on Friday. Arm hurt a bit and I went to bed an hour early. Rest of weekend was fine.

I used myturn to register months ago. Never received anything so I used Walgreens and CVS to find appointments. Ended up going through CVS for fulfillment of vaccination. The website told me to bring my insurance card but when I was there all I needed to do was show photo ID.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 578
« Reply #256 on: March 29, 2021, 06:18:53 AM »
Socialized health care is great until you get to watch all your neighbours get vaccinated while you sit at home and masturbate. They did unfuck my face for free, though, so it’s not without benefits.

One day, my friends!
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #257 on: March 29, 2021, 07:04:17 AM »
Second Pfizer dose update: within a few hours I started to feel tired, like I was jet lagged. Went to bed that night and developed a fever, muscle soreness, and terrible headache. Felt like I had a flu the whole next day, extremely tired and achey. Throat and nose both swollen and dry somehow. Face all hot and puffy. Slight rash on stomach. Woke up feeling a lot better today, tho maybe not quite 100%.

If that reaction was any sign of what Covid would have been like, I’m happy to deal with it for a few days instead of multiple weeks.

krookedjuice

• Rep: 30
« Reply #258 on: March 29, 2021, 07:11:00 AM »
Got my first dose of the pfizer yesterday. sore arm today but that's all. second dose is on 4/20.

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1059
« Reply #259 on: March 29, 2021, 08:38:45 AM »
Got my first Pfizer a week ago. Sore arm that night and following 2 days but it was more annoying than anything.

So ready to get this done with and be able to travel again. Fuck COVID-19, get vaccinated

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #260 on: March 29, 2021, 01:47:35 PM »
health worker here. Got both doses around a month ago (pfizer, because thats what they had, would've done any on the euro market tbh). Zero issues beside a little sore arm for a day. Feeling well ever since (even though my daily haven't changed at all: mask, social distancing etc) but a great "realief" for the daily job (as i'm a dentist and have to deal with "unmasked" individual for the most part)

xandeo

• Rep: 6
« Reply #261 on: March 29, 2021, 02:09:10 PM »
Got my first shot of Pfizer last week. The sore arm only came the day after, but about an hour or two after getting it I felt a kind of dizziness/drowsiness, like I'd had a couple of beers too many. Went to bed early and was fine the day after (excluding the arm, which lasted for another day).

Can't wait for next shot, and finally meeting people again!

garthblader

• Rep: 4
« Reply #262 on: March 29, 2021, 04:17:41 PM »
Got my first microchip Tuesday, got Covid Wednesday!!!  I am feeling pretty shit right now. 

Next shot will for sure knock me out. 

Stay safe out there.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1591
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #263 on: March 29, 2021, 08:11:46 PM »
health worker here. Got both doses around a month ago (pfizer, because thats what they had, would've done any on the euro market tbh). Zero issues beside a little sore arm for a day. Feeling well ever since (even though my daily haven't changed at all: mask, social distancing etc) but a great "realief" for the daily job (as i'm a dentist and have to deal with "unmasked" individual for the most part)

A Q & A thread with a dentist would be awesome. Just sayin'.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #264 on: March 30, 2021, 04:00:29 AM »
Received my second dose Moderna yesterday around lunch time. Shot itself didn't hurt, same as the first round. Returned to work to finish the day. Felt pretty normal rest of the day, had some chills last night but still unsure if it was side effect or related to the temperature inside the house. No fever ever developed, I was also chugging water which sometimes cools my core down and makes me chilly. Woke up this morning with a hell of a sore arm, sore just raising it to shower and apply deodorant. Head a bit cloudy and a slight headache, took some motrin before the shower. Was mostly gone by the time I got to the coffee shop for my coffee and banana. Have a bunch of water and pedialyte in my office to get through today, wasn't able to stay home and rest as we have some corporate visitors coming through our building today. I'll post again around the lunch today, 24 hour mark, to see if anything changes.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

cky enthusiast

« Reply #265 on: March 30, 2021, 05:16:21 AM »
gettin my second one 2day, gonna try to skate after lol

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #266 on: March 31, 2021, 07:34:05 AM »
Wife got Moderna #1 yesterday at the Disneyland drive through clinic. Literally getting a shot in your car. So weird, this world.

Anyway it hit her like a truck. Sore, tired, chills, the whole deal.
ok thanks

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
« Reply #267 on: March 31, 2021, 08:52:33 AM »
I got my second Pfizer shot last Thursday and my side effects from it were surprisingly minimal. I had the day off for Friday and fully expected to be stuck inside for most of the day, but I woke up only with a slightly sore arm and was able to do everything I wanted to without worrying! And the soreness in my arm definitely wasn't as bad as my first shot, which was interesting.

Looks like California announced that everyone over 50 will be eligible starting April 1, and then everyone over 16 will be eligible after April 15. I know it's going to take a long time to actually vaccinated everyone, but it makes me extremely hopeful. My dad has his first shot scheduled in a few days and I'm excited to eventually be able to hug him without a mask on!

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #268 on: March 31, 2021, 09:15:19 AM »
I got my second Pfizer shot last Thursday and my side effects from it were surprisingly minimal. I had the day off for Friday and fully expected to be stuck inside for most of the day, but I woke up only with a slightly sore arm and was able to do everything I wanted to without worrying! And the soreness in my arm definitely wasn't as bad as my first shot, which was interesting.

Looks like California announced that everyone over 50 will be eligible starting April 1, and then everyone over 16 will be eligible after April 15. I know it's going to take a long time to actually vaccinated everyone, but it makes me extremely hopeful. My dad has his first shot scheduled in a few days and I'm excited to eventually be able to hug him without a mask on!

I feel this. My dad is 66 and has no spleen and Parkinsons and as of last 10 days or so, is fully vaxxed (as am I) He got to hug his grandkids (and me) for the first time in a year, and man....it fucking ruled.
ok thanks

cky enthusiast

« Reply #269 on: April 01, 2021, 05:21:26 AM »
got my second shot on tuesday. was fucked up yesterday  but i’m good now