Author Topic: Covid vaccine  (Read 58705 times)

Bunk Moreland

Re: Covid vaccine
« Reply #480 on: May 19, 2021, 08:46:46 PM »
My county put out yesterday that all businesses have to start verifying employee vaccine status, and all non vaccinated people have to check back in every other week, and have greater restrictions placed on them, like more distancing, self quarantines, etc. could come down to mandatory vaccines for employment, which, good.

iKobrakai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #481 on: May 20, 2021, 03:16:59 AM »
Gay Sweden reporting in:

Ain't got shit and wont probably be getting shit for a while.. even though my ass is essential worker (in finance...go figure).

Most boomers are on their first.

The rate is... not great..

artskool

• Rep: 33
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #482 on: May 20, 2021, 06:29:23 AM »
Random timeline update: I've been fully vaccinated for a few weeks now. Spent some time with friends in NYC for the first time in over a year. One of our homies doesn't want to get vaccinated, so he wasn't invited to join in beyond a walk at the park. Would love to see more of him, but the rest of us have kids, and I'm not comfortable additional risk factors. Not to him either. I can't believe there are people out there skipping it, it's such a relief to start to get back to normal.

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #483 on: May 20, 2021, 08:11:10 AM »
got both Pfizer shots

first one I felt a little weird, but nothing bad

second one I got at 330pm, no ill effects until 330am when I woke up freezing cold. couldn't fall back asleep, called out of work, and by 8am all of the shit had hit the fan

chills turned to intense hot flashes constantly, my lower back and thighs were always at about a 2-3 out of ten on the discomfort scale, if I tried to eat I felt nausea, and I couldn't stand or sit up straight for more than 2 minutes. tried to watch TV and play video games but I was incapable of feeling joy or amusement. watched The Mask and I gotta say Cameron Diaz was crazy hot back then, and her first line is about riding something bareback, that's all I really took from the movie

woke up at 8 the next morning and still had a slight headache and my eyebrows hurt (?), but after working for a while everything else cleared up. I will say that eating warm food for the next two days was rough, I felt like I had a fever again and would get nauseas when my body felt warm.

I hope the booster doesn't do any of that shit, I am very hesitant to go through that again, I haven't been that sick since I had pneumonia in middle school.
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

Frank and Fred

« Reply #484 on: May 20, 2021, 08:52:22 PM »
Expand Quote
PS the only antivaxxers I’ll listen to are those who endorse the extinction of the human race
[close]

I’m rooting for our extinction, but I’d rather not contribute to it in this case. As such, shoot me up with some of that sweet sweet mRNA because I’ve got proteins to synthesize. Conversely, if I’m presented with a big red button I’m told not to touch, the forecast is blinding lights followed by eternal darkness.

I’m still working through some stuff.

Respect.

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #485 on: May 21, 2021, 09:43:34 AM »
I'm fully vaxed now, motherfuckers, and those 5G microchips are making me feel unstoppable. 

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1508
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #486 on: May 21, 2021, 10:07:42 AM »
I'm fully vaxed now, motherfuckers, and those 5G microchips are making me feel unstoppable.
Definitely stoked to not need a mask this hot ass summer walking my dog.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #487 on: May 21, 2021, 02:18:29 PM »
Can’t even get it here yet, I think the government messed up the rollout or something

I saw on news the rate is not great here either
I think with the the more people don’t take or get access to it then more people will think that we don’t need it and just want to keep borders shut
Pretty stupid reasoning, it’s saying they want to keep borders shut till this time next year aka elections
Unsure if local airlines will have any workers left by then

Just an example but 6 month wait on new cars and second hand cars are worth more than pre covid, just supply and demand sort of thing
Can’t even go buy a caravan if you had the cash, 12-18 month wait on new builds just no stock cause people that would have been travelling the world are just seeing Australia now

That’s sick you guys got the vaccine yeah you’d be so hyped to get out without a mask
Fuck yeah
listen to cosmic psychos

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #488 on: May 25, 2021, 06:40:49 AM »
Just got my first Moderna shot. Didn’t even feel it.

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #489 on: May 26, 2021, 07:54:45 AM »

just wait till the second one lol

its brutal

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #490 on: May 26, 2021, 08:35:11 AM »
Got Pfizer dose #1 about 18hrs ago.  Barely felt the shot, was a little tired last night, woke up with a sore arm but don’t feel too bad yet otherwise.

Not too hyped for dose #2 after reading this thread lol.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #491 on: May 26, 2021, 08:43:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

its brutal

Got my 2nd dose Saturday and you definitely feel something is fucked but its so weird how its over in like 24 hours ...monday it was like nothing happened besides my arm hurting

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #492 on: May 26, 2021, 08:49:43 AM »
Pump yourself full of kratom & Gatorade for 48 hours after getting your second shot

donkey

• Rep: -67
  • donk
« Reply #493 on: May 26, 2021, 08:51:27 AM »
ive been fully vaccinated with moderna for like a couple weeks now, and i live in a small beach town in Florida so usually im never wearing a mask when i do things now.

even if i wasn't vaccinated, majority of the businesses in my area don't even require masks. i just got the vaccine so that i can be safe around my grandpa and i really don't give a shit about people getting the vaccine or not. i dont really care about any of speculations about what the vaccine could possibly do to you, i really just got it so that i can say i got and not wear a mask anymore.

majority of the places that i frequent (st pete, orlando, etc) aren't even super stingy about masks anymore, and i like being vaccinated because i personally am so fucking fatigued about wearing them. even in orlando recently i forgot to grab my mask while stopping by a VERY woke/libtard bakery and i had no issues at all; i was the only person in the place without a mask, and it was packed.

that being said i am a moderate to small sized skater dude that usually looks pretty well dressed and i would think its pretty easy to assume that i am vaccinated. i still have one friend that insists on wearing a mask all the time even though hes vaccinated (he will still wear a mask while skating with me) and i think hes a goofball for that but would never tell him that and i respect his choice about it.

Pump yourself full of kratom & Gatorade for 48 hours after getting your second shot

this was posted as i was typing but its funny because during both shots i was chugging kratom like a mothafucka

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #494 on: May 26, 2021, 09:56:35 AM »
I'm glad you caved in although you should just tell your friend what you think of his mask wearing. He should be able to make an informed choice about wanting to continue to hang with you after shit talking him anonymously on slap. You sound like a shitty "friend ".

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #495 on: May 26, 2021, 10:52:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

its brutal

That bad huh ? How’d it make you feel ?

I had my first dose over 24 hours ago and besides feeling like I got punched in the arm this morning, I feel nothing.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 12:36:51 PM by TheBoognish »

donkey

• Rep: -67
  • donk
« Reply #496 on: May 26, 2021, 11:19:36 AM »
I'm glad you caved in although you should just tell your friend what you think of his mask wearing. He should be able to make an informed choice about wanting to continue to hang with you after shit talking him anonymously on slap. You sound like a shitty "friend ".

he knows where i stand on masks. he's not a sensitive idiot so he probably wouldn't even bat an eyelash after seeing my post and wouldn't probably get a kick out of me calling him a goofball for it

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 653
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #497 on: May 26, 2021, 11:49:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

its brutal
[close]

That bad huh ? How’s it make you feel ?

I had my first does over 24 hours ago and besides feeling like I got punched in the arm this morning, I feel nothing.

Getting on the train to head out to the 'burbs to get my first shoot.

Stoked just to get this shit over with, but bummed I might have to go back to the office sooner than expected. The only good thing about this whole pandemic has been the awesomeness of not going into an office ever. Telecommuting is awesome... not sure I'm going back to my job. 

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #498 on: May 26, 2021, 07:33:58 PM »
damn now im scuurrrred to get my 2nd shot

Jagr

• Rep: 118
« Reply #499 on: May 26, 2021, 07:38:45 PM »

Hydrate like an mf before and after. Everyone I know that's been super hydrated has had little to no side effects after the second shot. Obviously, not guaranteed, but hydration seems like the key to staving off the worst of the side effects. I was wild worried beforehand too, but felt absolutely fine after the second pfizer (not even any arm pain).

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #500 on: May 26, 2021, 07:40:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hydrate like an mf before and after. Everyone I know that's been super hydrated has had little to no side effects after the second shot. Obviously, not guaranteed, but hydration seems like the key to staving off the worst of the side effects. I was wild worried beforehand too, but felt absolutely fine after the second pfizer (not even any arm pain).

Yeah, this. Hydrate, get some electrolytes flowing. Before and after.
ok thanks

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1659
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #501 on: May 26, 2021, 09:42:04 PM »
My 2nd moderna was less noticeable than the first.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #502 on: May 27, 2021, 05:34:22 AM »
Don't be. It's not guaranteed you'll feel crummy so don't get anxious about it. Just do take in fluids, rest, and don't drink booze before. I went into it doing things I would do if I felt like I was coming down with something before I took my shot and the second one was actually milder than the first.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 653
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #503 on: May 27, 2021, 10:07:13 AM »
so far after my first shot, I'm feeling alright.

I felt like someone punched me in the arm last night, but other than that I'm alright. (I think.)

Update: Night after getting first shot. I still feel pretty much normal. No real issues, which is awesome.

@bigdave Jealous that people are being entered in lotteries in the US just for getting vaccinated. Fuck, can you imagine being one the people who wins 1.5 million just because you got vaccinated? 1.5 is just enough to chill for the rest of life my no problem. It might not be enough to create mud, but it would be enough to take it easy for sure. 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 10:06:27 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #504 on: May 27, 2021, 05:12:35 PM »
Oh yeah California is getting in on the vax rewards now too.

https://covid19.ca.gov/vax-for-the-win/
ok thanks

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #505 on: May 28, 2021, 02:57:58 AM »
Hey there, reporting from europe here!

I am working with disabled and/ or mentally ill people and lots of high risk group for catching covid!

I had my first astra zeneca shot april 9th, my second dose is set for beginning of july.

Got my first shot around noon, then started to feel like a classic flu around 8 in the evening. Cold sweats, joint and muscle pain, kinda solid headache.
Worst part was being so cold i couldn't get myself to get out of bed and i thought about just pissing myself just that i don't have to freeze to death on the way to the bathroom. Seriously felt like THAT cold. But made it to the bathroom eventually  ;D
finally fell asleep 3 in the morning and woke up 3 in the afternoon next day. still a little headache, otherwise good.

Next day i did a 10km bike ride no problem and went skating two days later.
riding my bike and skating i felt so light and easy, just because i felt so releaved (how i spell that?) that i got my vaccine and am kinda safe. Took a lot of weight of me mentally.

I did not drink alcohol the week coming up to the vaccination, tried to eat and sleep regularly and hydrate wich never is a bad idea!

Another bad part was that they started reporting about the bloodclots caused by the Astra vaccine heavily on the news just the week up to my first shot.

Another thing: My mom and a good friend of mine all had astra too since it was the only available at the time. Everybody felt kinda exactly the way they feel when they get a flu! Talked to more people at work after and everybody seemed to be like that. Haven't met too many people with 2 Pfizer shots yet....

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #506 on: May 28, 2021, 03:46:39 AM »
Had both Pfizer shots. No reaction apart from sore arm.

tacotime

« Reply #507 on: May 28, 2021, 04:51:53 AM »
2nd Pfizer shot put me through the wringer yesterday, like a really bad case of the flu minus throwing up. Almost totally better today.

Here’s what I would recommend to anyone who still needs to get theirs, based on my experience and what happened to people I know:

Do everything you can to get the day following your shot free from responsibilities.

Before you get the shot, get/make a couple days worth of healthy food that you like eating. Have a small treat or two around for comfort food too. Most likely you’ll just be out of commission for a day if you do get side-effects, but better to take it easy on yourself. If the food needs any preparation at all, do as much as possible in advance. If you feel sick, you’re not going to want to do it. The more you can do ahead, the better you will eat, and the food will act as fuel to help your body fight. Don’t get things you don’t really like because it’s hard enough to force yourself to eat shit you don’t want normally, let alone when you’re sick.

Get movies, books, whatever stuff you can enjoy to pass the time in bed. Make sure you have any chargers etc ... the last thing you’ll  want to do if you feel sick is go looking for them. You may end up using few to none of these things but better to have them should you not end up feeling so bad, yet still need to rest. Keep extra clothes by your bed too in case you alternate between feeling hot and cold.

If possible, get a late afternoon appointment. Mine was at 4pm. The side-effects started kicking in about 4 hours later; when they did, I went to bed early.

Drink a lot of water (don’t chug it all at once, just keep drinking consistently) before and after your appointment, but stop about an hour/1.5 hours before you anticipate going to bed based on what I said above so you won’t be waking up to go to the bathroom.

Take your temperature before you go to bed if you have a thermometer.

Do everything you can so nothing will wake you up the next morning and you can sleep as long as your body needs to. Keep phone on silent, take care of everything needed for the next day in advance, use a fan as a noise machine if you anticipate a racket. Ideally you will sleep as long as possible, to miss as much as you can of potentially feeling sick.

When you do wake up for the next day, take your temperature if you have a thermometer. Drink water and eat well consistently throughout the day even if you don’t feel like it. It will help your system fight and circulate everything it needs to. I personally wanted to let my body do its thing so I didn’t take any medicine until 24 hours after I got the shot, when my fever kept climbing; after I took Advil, many of the symptoms including fever quickly went away and haven’t come back.

Know it’s not going to last. If you ever had a bad hangover or the flu, you can do this. It just feels weird because something that’s going to help you is initially making you feel like crap.

Try to find something laughable if you can. I had really sore joints, especially my middle fingers. Clearly my body wants COVID to go fuck itself. Or just tell yourself, “Looks like Leia forgot” ...

http://xkcd.com/2425/

This was long but hope it helps someone. Good luck everybody

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #508 on: May 31, 2021, 02:54:27 AM »
I got Pfizer’d yesterday. My arm is a little sore today.

Edit: I should add, I always get a sore arm from intramuscular injections. It’s not bad, just like a sore muscle.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 08:41:46 AM by JANUS »
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1424
« Reply #509 on: May 31, 2021, 12:24:10 PM »
Well, my G's, I flew across the US the other day and it was pretty sweet. Definitely, if nothing else other than relieving my personal anxiety, worth getting the shots. I got home and could see my parents, my brand new nephew, my other family and not worry about killing them. Big ups
Support your local skate shop