Author Topic: Post your fit  (Read 148625 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: Post your fit
« Reply #600 on: June 02, 2021, 04:53:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Damn, all those new fits are pretty fire! I kinda wanted to get some overalls in the past and now @baaaaaaguette made me want them again  ;D

Expand Quote
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Is that an LA Apparel blank? Based on your description and what i can see of it I'd say so. Real thick, boxy fit, tight cuffs, no drawstring?

Edit: love the kamikazes, look great matched up with that hood
[close]

Missed this, sorry... I didn’t know this was a blank but it checks all the marks you pointed and checking the pictures it really looks like those LA apparel hoodies. They even have the same shade of blue. Unreal quality tho (that’s why the blanks are so expensive).
[close]

isn't la apparel basically american apparel but renamed and done by those people after the pervert ceo was out and the brand sold to gildan?
[close]

I don’t know anything about that... but wait, so is LA apparel run by that said pervert ceo?

i just googled la apparel and it is indeed run by dov charney, aka american apparel pervert ceo.

i wasn't sure if he was involved, or if this is what the remaining staff of american apparel started after the gildan buy out.

EDIT: wiki short says:

Los Angeles Apparel is a manufacturer, designer and distributor of clothing based in South-Central Los Angeles. The company was founded in 2016 by Dov Charney, the founder of American Apparel. Los Angeles Apparel is a vertically integrated manufacturer and currently employs over 1800 personnel.

also @hobochimp nice choice on those pants and solid shirt, i'd rock that.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #601 on: June 02, 2021, 05:02:43 PM »
@Sk.A.T.A.N i've never seen you wear the same stuff twice and all the fits are fire, i bet your wardrobe is worth a good amount in depop money. i stopped buying adidas, but still have to complement the shoes. i wasn't sure if i liked them at first glance but they look oddly comfortable. like the toepanel is kind of too massive but at the same time it looks sick, i can't really explain it. all these stay loose pants make me want one even more. but rn it's still nice clothes embargo. starting a new job this month and after the first paycheck i'm gonna order those 2 for 30 workpant deal i announced to be partaking in very bigly in the loose pants thread.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #602 on: June 02, 2021, 05:26:50 PM »
@Sk.A.T.A.N i've never seen you wear the same stuff twice and all the fits are fire, i bet your wardrobe is worth a good amount in depop money. i stopped buying adidas, but still have to complement the shoes. i wasn't sure if i liked them at first glance but they look oddly comfortable. like the toepanel is kind of too massive but at the same time it looks sick, i can't really explain it. all these stay loose pants make me want one even more. but rn it's still nice clothes embargo. starting a new job this month and after the first paycheck i'm gonna order those 2 for 30 workpant deal i announced to be partaking in very bigly in the loose pants thread.

Ahaha thanks man! I have indeed too many clothes/shoes/hats. I’m a sucker for good deals and always fall for them  ;D I actually just gave away a bunch of older stuff cause I was running out of space... on the Levi’s Stay Loose topic, I would advise to get a size up, cause they aren’t thaaaat loose. I got those in a 32waist and I’m usually a 30 or 31.
And you’re right about the shoes, they are really comfy and have that cool grandpa flair to them:

...and congrats on the new job!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #603 on: June 02, 2021, 05:56:25 PM »
This was actually my yesterday’s outfit, but I was quite hyped with the color coordination  8)

BrainDead cap
Pleasures “Stonehenge” Coach Jacket (jacket liner is also burgundy, perfect match to the hat)
Primitive Man Longsleeve (aka the most terrifying band on earth)
White fuct tee
Levi’s Stay Loose Carpenter pants
Adidas x Union Garwen SPZL

Quite stocked with those pants. Got them last week and already worn them a bunch of times. Found them for half the price at the outlet store back home, couldn’t pass on’em.

That jacket is so sick. I need one like that

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #604 on: June 02, 2021, 06:32:36 PM »
While most of my wardrobe is from Old Navy and I would never post a fit in here, I do enjoy seeing what gear you guys are rocking.  That’s all.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #605 on: June 02, 2021, 06:48:54 PM »

Ahaha thanks man! I have indeed too many clothes/shoes/hats. I’m a sucker for good deals and always fall for them  ;D I actually just gave away a bunch of older stuff cause I was running out of space... on the Levi’s Stay Loose topic, I would advise to get a size up, cause they aren’t thaaaat loose. I got those in a 32waist and I’m usually a 30 or 31.
And you’re right about the shoes, they are really comfy and have that cool grandpa flair to them:

...and congrats on the new job!

thanks a lot man!

Some dude

• Rep: -43
« Reply #606 on: June 02, 2021, 06:49:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Damn, all those new fits are pretty fire! I kinda wanted to get some overalls in the past and now @baaaaaaguette made me want them again  ;D

Expand Quote

Is that an LA Apparel blank? Based on your description and what i can see of it I'd say so. Real thick, boxy fit, tight cuffs, no drawstring?

[close]

Missed this, sorry... I didn’t know this was a blank but it checks all the marks you pointed and checking the pictures it really looks like those LA apparel hoodies. They even have the same shade of blue. Unreal quality tho (that’s why the blanks are so expensive).
[close]

isn't la apparel basically american apparel but renamed and done by those people after the pervert ceo was out and the brand sold to gildan?

it was a bummer that company turned out to be owned by a mega sized piece of shit. Their shirts fit the best

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #607 on: June 02, 2021, 08:48:34 PM »

Feeling happy - this is my first week of being able to walk again since my ankle surgery so I treated myself to a delicious ginger beer.

AntiHero beanie
KCDC/Mystery tee
Volcom navy modern stretch chinos (the best pants)
Nike Run All Day 2s

animalflesh

« Reply #608 on: June 02, 2021, 08:58:41 PM »
Hell yeah get some

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #609 on: June 03, 2021, 04:51:41 AM »

Expand Quote

[close]

If you want solid dungarees that fit really well I definitely recommend checking vintage ones from Lee, not easy finding one but they’re some of the best I’ve ever worn so far and I’ve owned like 15 in the past 3 years heh. ASOS sometimes makes decent ones, quality can be flimsy though and buying from them feels like gambling; will I get a piece that falls appart in one wash cycle or the indestructible one that will follow me in death?. Vintage Gap dungarees are also a potential option if you can find some, I got a black one in corduroy with a really funky fit and they’re super soft inside and built to last. Tommy Hilfiger i can’t say but from the looks of it their old stuff seems solid. Supreme makes them with Levi’s, only positive things to say about em, went skating with the one I posted for 2 hours and they’re roomy and never seem to sag, price tag is hefty though, seems supreme stopped making them so they’re only gonna jump in value as time goes on. Cathartt has some solid choices as well but don’t buy the WIP stuff or the ones they sell in streetwear stores, try to buy the real deal plumbers wear. I got mine for like 15€ from a retired welder and it’s one of my favorite pieces to layer with in winter. Sorry for the wall of text  :P hope this info helps you out!

Forgot to add that all examples I’ve listed are great for skating, their fit is on the baggier size which won’t get in your way when skating
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 05:04:17 AM by baaaaaaguette »

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #610 on: June 03, 2021, 05:02:14 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

isn't la apparel basically american apparel but renamed and done by those ´f after the pervert ceo was out and the brand sold to gildan?

Duuuude that sucks I’ve been eyeing them for so long  :-\
Me and my crew were planning to print hoodies thru them, thanks for the heads up.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 05:49:54 AM by baaaaaaguette »

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #611 on: June 03, 2021, 05:23:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

isn't la apparel basically american apparel but renamed and done by those ´f after the pervert ceo was out and the brand sold to gildan?
[/ok]

Me and my crew were planning to print hoodies thrush them, thanks for the heads up.
[close]

i'm also bummed, for some reason i thought the guy wasn't involved and got it mixed up. i used to buy american apparel on sale all the time, they had the best socks. i also liked how shapeless their tops become when you wear them a lot. it makes them very comfy. well, i still bought the socks even after i knew about the scumbag ceo. they were too good and i miss them, never found a real replacement that feels as nice.

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #612 on: June 03, 2021, 05:49:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[/ok]

Me and my crew were planning to print hoodies thrush them, thanks for the heads up.
[close]
[close]

i'm also bummed, for some reason i thought the guy wasn't involved and got it mixed up. i used to buy american apparel on sale all the time, they had the best socks. i also liked how shapeless their tops become when you wear them a lot. it makes them very comfy. well, i still bought the socks even after i knew about the scumbag ceo. they were too good and i miss them, never found a real replacement that feels as nice.

Uniqlo makes cheap ones that hold up well, it’s nothing special but hey it does the job. I keep destroying them because I’ve got huge feet anyway lol, that also prevents me from skating a lot of shoes as well, thank god for dunks

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #613 on: June 03, 2021, 05:58:15 AM »
Giants fitted
Hockey Hood
93 Denim
1/2 Cabs

Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #614 on: June 03, 2021, 06:21:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[/ok]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Uniqlo makes cheap ones that hold up well, it’s nothing special but hey it does the job. I keep destroying them because I’ve got huge feet anyway lol, that also prevents me from skating a lot of shoes as well, thank god for dunks

yeah, i have a few uniqlo pairs, they are good, but still, the fit and thickness of those standard american apparel socks was unmatched. most my uniqlo socks are now destroyed. i'm currently buying a 5 pack of champion socks every few months, black or white, which are decent, at my local grocery store of all places.

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #615 on: June 03, 2021, 08:09:31 AM »
Giants fitted
Hockey Hood
93 Denim
1/2 Cabs

Man how many 93’s do you own  ;D
Cant blame you, probably the best skate pants out there at the moment, still have yet to find the ones you’re wearing in my size and at a decent price (one can dream  ::))

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #616 on: June 03, 2021, 08:21:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Giants fitted
Hockey Hood
93 Denim
1/2 Cabs

[close]

Cant blame you, probably the best skate pants out there at the moment, still have yet to find the ones you’re wearing in my size and at a decent price (one can dream  ::))

Dark Blue
Light Blue
Black
Washed Black
That brown/red color from 2 drops ago, these are a size too big so I rarely wear them
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #617 on: June 03, 2021, 10:00:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Giants fitted
Hockey Hood
93 Denim
1/2 Cabs

[close]

[close]

Dark Blue
Light Blue
Black
Washed Black
That brown/red color from 2 drops ago, these are a size too big so I rarely wear them

Very solid collection

Here’s to today fit

Palace duck cap
Wool shirt my grandad gave me
Ralph Lauren polo
Polar 93 washed
AF1

One slight critique I have with 93’s is they look amazing when you move but not so much when standing still, in that case they only really work with high top shoes/boots. Personal preference, I spend way too much time thinking about pants and their fit ᵖʳᵒᵇᵃᵇˡʸ ʷʰʸ ᴵ ᵐᶦᵍʰᵗ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵖᵃˢˢ ᶦⁿ ᵐʸ ˢᵉᶜᵒⁿᵈ ʸᵉᵃʳ ᵒᶠ ᶜᵒˡˡᵉᵍᵉ ʷʰᵒᵒᵖˢ

Edit: forgot to add I was looking for critique on that one, feel like something doesn’t work. I think the shirt is just way too long and break the fit of my 93’s any advice is welcome!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 03:04:00 PM by baaaaaaguette »

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #618 on: June 03, 2021, 02:41:13 PM »
Expand Quote
This was actually my yesterday’s outfit, but I was quite hyped with the color coordination  8)

BrainDead cap
Pleasures “Stonehenge” Coach Jacket (jacket liner is also burgundy, perfect match to the hat)
Primitive Man Longsleeve (aka the most terrifying band on earth)
White fuct tee
Levi’s Stay Loose Carpenter pants
Adidas x Union Garwen SPZL

Quite stocked with those pants. Got them last week and already worn them a bunch of times. Found them for half the price at the outlet store back home, couldn’t pass on’em.
[close]

That jacket is so sick. I need one like that

Hey thanks man! If you’re from Europe I saw a M size here with 40% discount: https://www.empire-leshop.com/bronze-56k-sweat-pull-c2x34078919
Its pretty baggy. I usually wear a L but got a M on this and it fits perfect...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #619 on: June 04, 2021, 09:29:14 AM »
Just received my Nike Premiums, skated to uni with them and they’re a dream. Leather quality is also excellent.

Polo cap
Golf tee faded to hell and back
Palace coach
Lee dungarees
Nike premiums

Bonus unbuttoned pic

Prinzy

• Rep: 178
« Reply #620 on: June 04, 2021, 12:57:46 PM »

coaches jacket over dungarees is damn near the hardest shit ive ever seen, heavily fuckin with the fit

big fan of coaches jackets, wish Palace would do a simple triferg one again as opposed to the more eccentric designs/colors as of late. not that they're bad, but the classy looking navy one you got is right up my alley.

spongebob is lit and if i see any spongebob slander i'm pulling up to your house and beating your ass

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #621 on: June 04, 2021, 04:31:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

coaches jacket over dungarees is damn near the hardest shit ive ever seen, heavily fuckin with the fit

big fan of coaches jackets, wish Palace would do a simple triferg one again as opposed to the more eccentric designs/colors as of late. not that they're bad, but the classy looking navy one you got is right up my alley.

Palace doesn’t make them like that anymore. They used to be made from very soft canvas with a satin liner and now they switched to a more traditional polyester shell it seems. By the way the lighting isn’t the best here but it’s not navy it’s actually a faded teal blue green, the fading is the best part though, palace clothes age really well.

I sort of agree with your opinion on the triferg, one one end its cool palace keeps pushing their logo in weirder directions and cultivate a creative graphic design team, but I generally prefer their simpler pieces. The hoodie tri chenille in grey is a great example, it’s a very simple hoodie but the colors and material choice makes everything.

ldmch11

• Rep: -4
« Reply #622 on: June 04, 2021, 09:26:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Giants fitted
Hockey Hood
93 Denim
1/2 Cabs

[close]

[close]

Dark Blue
Light Blue
Black
Washed Black
[close]

Very solid collection

Here’s to today fit

Palace duck cap
Ralph Lauren polo
Polar 93 washed
AF1

One slight critique I have with 93’s is they look amazing when you move but not so much when standing still, in that case they only really work with high top shoes/boots. Personal preference, I spend way too much time thinking about pants and their fit ᵖʳᵒᵇᵃᵇˡʸ ʷʰʸ ᴵ ᵐᶦᵍʰᵗ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵖᵃˢˢ ᶦⁿ ᵐʸ ˢᵉᶜᵒⁿᵈ ʸᵉᵃʳ ᵒᶠ ᶜᵒˡˡᵉᵍᵉ ʷʰᵒᵒᵖˢ

Edit: forgot to add I was looking for critique on that one, feel like something doesn’t work. I think the shirt is just way too long and break the fit of my 93’s any advice is welcome!
yea the 93's are too soft to have any solid shape/structure. I fuck with this fit though, if anything the shirt youre wearing under it looks too short. Something white or lighter in color under the flannel would be fire too, just to add some color contrast up top.

Prinzy

• Rep: 178
« Reply #623 on: June 04, 2021, 09:49:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Palace doesn’t make them like that anymore. They used to be made from very soft canvas with a satin liner and now they switched to a more traditional polyester shell it seems. By the way the lighting isn’t the best here but it’s not navy it’s actually a faded teal blue green, the fading is the best part though, palace clothes age really well.

I sort of agree with your opinion on the triferg, one one end its cool palace keeps pushing their logo in weirder directions and cultivate a creative graphic design team, but I generally prefer their simpler pieces. The hoodie tri chenille in grey is a great example, it’s a very simple hoodie but the colors and material choice makes everything.

Damn just zoomed in on the pics and see what you’re talking about.

Firstly that teal looks even better than navy, but wow that material is sick. I didn’t realize the older ones were that canvas material, I bet that ages super well.

I’m usually not a resale person, but I’m gonna be lurking the sites hoping a well worn pops up for a cheap, I highly doubt it tho. Sick ass piece my dude.

spongebob is lit and if i see any spongebob slander i'm pulling up to your house and beating your ass

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #624 on: June 05, 2021, 12:45:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Giants fitted
Hockey Hood
93 Denim
1/2 Cabs

[close]

[close]

Dark Blue
Light Blue
Black
Washed Black
[close]

Very solid collection

Here’s to today fit

Palace duck cap
Ralph Lauren polo
Polar 93 washed
AF1

[close]
yea the 93's are too soft to have any solid shape/structure. I fuck with this fit though, if anything the shirt youre wearing under it looks too short. Something white or lighter in color under the flannel would be fire too, just to add some color contrast up top.

Definitely that. Don’t think the flannel on top is too long, it’s more the polo under that it’s quite short, I almost thought it was tucked into the pants. A white tee would go well with the airforce’s. Also not really a fan of having a bottom up shirt over a polo because they both have that type of colar, but this is more a comfort thing. I usually use a sweater when wearing a polo.
I dig those last 2 fits tho, specially the coach jacket over the dungarees. Unexpected but somehow you made that work!  8)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #625 on: June 05, 2021, 01:28:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Giants fitted
Hockey Hood
93 Denim
1/2 Cabs

[close]

[close]

Dark Blue
Light Blue
Black
Washed Black
[close]

Very solid collection

Here’s to today fit

Palace duck cap
Ralph Lauren polo
Polar 93 washed
AF1

[close]
[close]

Definitely that. Don’t think the flannel on top is too long, it’s more the polo under that it’s quite short, I almost thought it was tucked into the pants. A white tee would go well with the airforce’s. Also not really a fan of having a bottom up shirt over a polo because they both have that type of colar, but this is more a comfort thing. I usually use a sweater when wearing a polo.
I dig those last 2 fits tho, specially the coach jacket over the dungarees. Unexpected but somehow you made that work!  8)

Thanks for the kind words and the advice guys :) Means a lot considering I used to wear neon sports shoes, kaki shorts and white button up longsleeves when i was like 16 lol.
I actually thought about wearing a white tee but I hadn't worn that polo in ages so went with that, not a good move. It's funny you mention my shirt is tucked in because I did actually tuck it with a belt but took the belt off to show off the patterns  ;D

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #626 on: June 06, 2021, 09:36:34 PM »
that fit is fucking sick and the hair brings it together nicely. kind of looks like a chef applying for railroad work while trying to pass his old kitchen garb as work clothes. and i mean this in a good way, even if it sounds like i'm making fun of it. it was just the only way i could describe it.

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 211
« Reply #627 on: June 06, 2021, 11:55:25 PM »

I’m a sucker for yellow

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #628 on: June 07, 2021, 03:27:09 AM »
Summer evening skate fit after a long hard day of working like it's the 1920s.

Boss eyeglass frames
Mossimo white denim western shirt
Berne vintage railroad stripe overalls
Hanes heather grey beater, chones and socks
NB 213 mid canvas black/grey stitch

Eyyyyy my man those dungarees are sick as

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #629 on: June 07, 2021, 06:21:16 AM »
Summer evening skate fit after a long hard day of working like it's the 1920s.

Boss eyeglass frames
Mossimo white denim western shirt
Berne vintage railroad stripe overalls
Hanes heather grey beater, chones and socks
NB 213 mid canvas black/grey stitch

Giving me some Melvin's Buzz Osborne vibes with the haircut (that's a cool thing):

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP