Author Topic: 2021 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 118474 times)

RichardBarkley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
Re: 2021 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #270 on: January 24, 2021, 02:13:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
dudes with their throwback 90s kits be lookin ridiculous on 9in decks in all seriousness. some toys-r-us lookin shit.
[close]

[close]

I'm watching and waiting for something sick to happen and nothing comes. the whole video could be a meme. jeezuz. nothing original whatsoever.
[close]

Lol

No joke im in fits laughing here.

If you wanna see some rad action and manouevres watch a nyjah video
[close]

never watched a nyjah clip and probably won't ever. prefer Westgate.

Can't fault you there.

But c'mon man. Can't you see the nuance in skating. It's not bang smash wallop action
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

imjusthereforthechips

« Reply #271 on: January 24, 2021, 02:18:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
dudes with their throwback 90s kits be lookin ridiculous on 9in decks in all seriousness. some toys-r-us lookin shit.
[close]

[close]

I'm watching and waiting for something sick to happen and nothing comes. the whole video could be a meme. jeezuz. nothing original whatsoever.
[close]

Lol

[close]

that's like saying "i never ate mcdonalds and probably wont ever. prefer good food."

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 772
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #272 on: January 24, 2021, 02:49:03 PM »
Puffy shoes are shit, I had some lynxes and they look sick but when I went back to some blazers I realised how hard it is to skate in them
I fucking hate long socks so much they look so fucking dumb, and blodney wearing shorts all year round is the worst gimmick in skating, way way worse than flame beanies

The higher the socks

The downer the foo

nothing's been the since same

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1393
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #273 on: January 24, 2021, 02:56:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Lol

[close]

[close]

Can't fault you there.

But c'mon man. Can't you see the nuance in skating. It's not bang smash wallop action

I'm an old dude that does pretty boring shit as far as most videos would be concerned, no bang, no smash, no action. What I'm saying about that video is that I feel it is being put into a video because of an image. It strikes me as a video lacking original style. Do all that shit skating street lines in a busy city then it might be more interesting to watch, that's where some nuance would come into play
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #274 on: January 24, 2021, 04:45:43 PM »
Slappy gap ollie to a drop is pretty buck. You all also seem kinda ignorant of the fact that We Blew It at Some Point is cut more like an H-Street video and Dane has footage all throughout the thing. But oh yeah his pants are wack in that one clip so he must be entirely wack and we gotta have 2 pages on it. Bleh
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Scott Chegg

• Rep: -5
« Reply #275 on: January 24, 2021, 05:07:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Puffy shoes are shit, I had some lynxes and they look sick but when I went back to some blazers I realised how hard it is to skate in them
I fucking hate long socks so much they look so fucking dumb, and blodney wearing shorts all year round is the worst gimmick in skating, way way worse than flame beanies
[close]

The higher the socks

The downer the foo

Sammy Baca gets a pass

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -457
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #276 on: January 24, 2021, 05:43:06 PM »
I like seeing california school yard footage and other iconic so cal spots, because the bar has been set high at them so people can’t get away with subpar footage at them, at least in pro videos and stuff. If I see someone rolling up to say, the muirlands 14 or Hollywood high, I know I’m going to see some cool boundary pushing.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #277 on: January 24, 2021, 05:58:08 PM »
The Mona Lisa looks like she gives rough handjobs.

This interview was weird and had a casting couch vibe.

Scott Chegg

« Reply #278 on: January 24, 2021, 06:08:47 PM »
I like seeing california school yard footage and other iconic so cal spots, because the bar has been set high at them so people can’t get away with subpar footage at them, at least in pro videos and stuff. If I see someone rolling up to say, the muirlands 14 or Hollywood high, I know I’m going to see some cool boundary pushing.
I get that but I like seeing spots I haven’t seen before and Tom Knox killing really shitty spots

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #279 on: January 24, 2021, 06:11:11 PM »
Slappy gap ollie to a drop is pretty buck. You all also seem kinda ignorant of the fact that We Blew It at Some Point is cut more like an H-Street video and Dane has footage all throughout the thing. But oh yeah his pants are wack in that one clip so he must be entirely wack and we gotta have 2 pages on it. Bleh

I wonder how everyone hating Dane feels about his small wheels narrow board clips? There are a few sprinkled in there... Also if you guys wanna watch something that stands out, watch his part from their first video.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

blowjobtofakie

• Rep: 103
« Reply #280 on: January 24, 2021, 08:14:11 PM »
At this point in my life, I favor Baker 4 over baker 3.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -457
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #281 on: January 24, 2021, 08:37:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I get that but I like seeing spots I haven’t seen before and Tom Knox killing really shitty spots
i Fucking love tom Knox and I love seeing him skate anything. You could drop him anywhere in the world and he’d string together a 15 trick line.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #282 on: January 24, 2021, 10:57:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Why not have both if there's budget for footage at both types of spots? Or a team with a mix of people from X, Y, Z places.

I know we get what I just described from some projects, but I'm pointing out that we can have both and not have to pick one.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Scott Chegg

« Reply #283 on: January 25, 2021, 01:30:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Why not have both if there's budget for footage at both types of spots? Or a team with a mix of people from X, Y, Z places.

I know we get what I just described from some projects, but I'm pointing out that we can have both and not have to pick one.

Idk if it would work with a board company because I think board companies work better when they’re homies and hang out together. But it would be cool if shoe brands had teams like in the 90s and early 2000s and made videos like Menikmati. Like they had teams of pros from all over the world who skate differently and they have a full part of each pro. However I fucking hate Nike edits, the music is always fucking boring and not very memorable and even tho the skaters are good I just find the way they’re edited so fucking boring, so much so that I’ve never rewatched a Nike sb edit, not even that trust fall one even tho kyron Davis was in it and killed it

Scott Chegg

« Reply #284 on: January 25, 2021, 01:37:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I don't get the white shoes with black laces/black Soles and the all black shoes with white laces thing. To me both looks ugly
[close]

yo I snapped my black shoelace, do you have a spare?

'I have a white one in my bag if you want it'

ah fuck, nah ill just not skate for the rest of the day cos a strnager on the internet mght think my shoes look silly
[close]

jeez, that's not what i was reffering to.

I was talking about those style of shoes for example

https://www.lastresortab.com/products/vm001-suede-lo-white-black

https://www.lastresortab.com/products/vm001-suede-lo-navy-black

(nearly) every shoe company has those kind of colourways right now.
[close]

With the exception of the defense of predators and racists, I don’t think I’ve ever disagreed with a sentiment expressed on Slap more than this one. Haha! I love white shoes with black soles! I’m always on the lookout for them. They’re kind of reminiscent of punk rock creepers. Super clean look when they’re new. With black pants, you’ll be looking dope as hell. Black with white are totally fine too. I probably wear that more than anything because there’s always some available. The white are harder to come by.

I’ll admit they look pretty terrible after being skated a bunch though. You gotta keep em clean.

Fuck yeah man me too

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #285 on: January 25, 2021, 01:24:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I don't get the white shoes with black laces/black Soles and the all black shoes with white laces thing. To me both looks ugly
[close]

yo I snapped my black shoelace, do you have a spare?

'I have a white one in my bag if you want it'

ah fuck, nah ill just not skate for the rest of the day cos a strnager on the internet mght think my shoes look silly
[close]

jeez, that's not what i was reffering to.

I was talking about those style of shoes for example

https://www.lastresortab.com/products/vm001-suede-lo-white-black

https://www.lastresortab.com/products/vm001-suede-lo-navy-black

(nearly) every shoe company has those kind of colourways right now.
[close]

With the exception of the defense of predators and racists, I don’t think I’ve ever disagreed with a sentiment expressed on Slap more than this one. Haha! I love white shoes with black soles! I’m always on the lookout for them. They’re kind of reminiscent of punk rock creepers. Super clean look when they’re new. With black pants, you’ll be looking dope as hell. Black with white are totally fine too. I probably wear that more than anything because there’s always some available. The white are harder to come by.

I’ll admit they look pretty terrible after being skated a bunch though. You gotta keep em clean.
[close]

Fuck yeah man me too

i also agree, do you guys remember those Adio Jeremy Wray shoes that looked like Creeeprs? they were sick, big black sole and white leather upper. cant find em on a half arsed google search or id post a pic

the Ali Boulala Osiris creeper's were wild! I worked in a tattoo shop whose owner was daft for rockabilly when these came out and he just about humped a pair of my feet when he saw em haha

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #286 on: January 25, 2021, 03:10:53 PM »
VX should die out I never really got the why people champion it so much.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #287 on: January 26, 2021, 12:10:40 AM »

Nah. Solid unpopular opinion though. 
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #288 on: January 26, 2021, 12:33:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Idk if it would work with a board company because I think board companies work better when they’re homies and hang out together. But it would be cool if shoe brands had teams like in the 90s and early 2000s and made videos like Menikmati. Like they had teams of pros from all over the world who skate differently and they have a full part of each pro. However I fucking hate Nike edits, the music is always fucking boring and not very memorable and even tho the skaters are good I just find the way they’re edited so fucking boring, so much so that I’ve never rewatched a Nike sb edit, not even that trust fall one even tho kyron Davis was in it and killed it

Don’t know why Nike is getting singled out for unmemorable songs.   That’s a pretty common issue nowadays.  Nike at least had that Cyrus edit with the Beastie Boys’ Aglio e Olio, house music in that Soulland edit, Ishod Return of the Mack, and I’m sure Mason used a good song last year, but I can’t keep track of all his parts

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #289 on: January 26, 2021, 12:40:22 AM »

I swear the quality is getting worse and worse.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #290 on: January 26, 2021, 12:57:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Don’t know why Nike is getting singled out for unmemorable songs.   That’s a pretty common issue nowadays.  Nike at least had that Cyrus edit with the Beastie Boys’ Aglio e Olio, house music in that Soulland edit, Ishod Return of the Mack, and I’m sure Mason used a good song last year, but I can’t keep track of all his parts
Mason skated to If There is Something of the first Roxy Music record. Can't beat that with a bat.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Croquet temper

« Reply #291 on: January 26, 2021, 01:26:02 AM »
A lot of skaters should look out for pedestrians more when filming. Running into strangers is really dumb.

Circaskater420

• Rep: -76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #292 on: January 26, 2021, 11:05:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I swear the quality is getting worse and worse.

All the filmers who knew what they were doing have moved on to HD.  The VX is like a novelty camera at this point.  Kids just buy it for its reputation and then use it like it’s an iPhone. 

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #293 on: January 26, 2021, 11:29:03 AM »

Croquet temper

« Reply #294 on: January 26, 2021, 11:48:00 AM »
Eh, honestly since I started again I’ve been all 8.125 and I’m going to keep trying wider tbh because the kids know wtf goin on with these big boards imo.

skatingisntspecialstupid

• Rep: 57
« Reply #295 on: January 26, 2021, 01:08:22 PM »
Eh, honestly since I started again I’ve been all 8.125 and I’m going to keep trying wider tbh because the kids know wtf goin on with these big boards imo.

This. Kids smaller and younger than me seem to have no problem doing flip tricks on 8.25. And my own skating is way better and more fun as I’ve tried wider boards. 
Don’t dip your head in or your board will end up behind you

twic3

• Rep: 16
« Reply #296 on: January 26, 2021, 01:55:29 PM »
I wish I could go back to 2008 and slap my younger self for thinking 7.6 deck, low trucks, and 50mm wheels was the ideal setup. Actually fuck whoever made low trucks popular and the standard during that era.

ballintoohard

« Reply #297 on: January 26, 2021, 02:29:07 PM »
Slap secretly loves Nyjah because it gives them something to hate on and feel good about themselves.

Croquet temper

« Reply #298 on: January 26, 2021, 03:12:02 PM »
Current day Curren Caples has great style. Skating since being a babby has paid off I think.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #299 on: January 26, 2021, 03:27:44 PM »
I wish I could go back to 2008 and slap my younger self for thinking 7.6 deck, low trucks, and 50mm wheels was the ideal setup. Actually fuck whoever made low trucks popular and the standard during that era.

Low trucks are still the best ya twerp
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in