Author Topic: Nyjah, Cookie, and Dominick Walker of Element  (Read 43111 times)

manysnakes

Re: Nyjah, Cookie, and Dominick Walker of Element
« Reply #360 on: January 25, 2021, 05:36:05 AM »
If the rumors are true and Nyjah is of Nike, and the shoes are $35 at Nordstrom Rack - you best believe I’ll be skating Nyjahs for a while

Welpok

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 13
« Reply #361 on: January 25, 2021, 05:44:24 AM »
Expand Quote
The thing about the rest of this place is that I don’t really care about your favorite Polar shape or your preference for Ace vs. Indy. I’ve already sorted those questions out for myself. The nuts and bolts of the industry, such as what happens when the biggest skater in the world gets kicked off their longtime sponsor, are to me, much more interesting than the best New Balance Numeric shoe
[close]
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts.
Omg I legit laughed so hard at this.
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #362 on: January 25, 2021, 06:23:02 AM »
Woah found a page of piles new look book for summer 21

Probably cop that top

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2260
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #363 on: January 25, 2021, 07:11:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Why are you guys crying over the fact he might start his own company? I couldn’t give a fuck what he does off his skateboard
[close]
Who’s crying, though?
Seriously.
Seems most people here are either trash talking or floating speculation.
Maybe I’m missing all the crying?
Or is this how you show that you are disaffected & above the plebeian BS?
[close]

What you talking about dude? Everyone in here are acting like 12 year old girls
[close]
Based on your lack of understanding of the function of the UWTB board, I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt, and presume that your post count accurately reflects your experience on the SLAP boards, even though you are just as likely to be the reborn specter of some previously banned user.
Like you, I don’t care what Nyjah does off his board.
Fuck; I’ll go one further and say, I don’t even care what he does ON his board.

But playing the guessing game & talking shit are sort of the function of this corner of the boards.
Again, where exactly is this river of tears you seem to have secret knowledge of?
You cool-guying us for being bored on the internet?
[close]

interesting hill for you (all) to die on in that case
Esteemed user, please be advised that I will not so much as stub my toe, let alone come to mortal grief upon the Nyjah hill you reference. His skating and social life hold very little interest for me.
I never rode that train to Ginoville, but I would probably prefer to watch him push, rather than sit through one of Nyjah’s rail-swallowing contest runs.
Now, an astute reader such as yourself will have no doubt picked up on the omission of any mention of rape allegations in my comment, as THAT is certainly a hill I don’t even wish to picnic in the vicinity of, for obvious reasons, never mind meeting my demise there upon.
If there is a positive side to this entire departure from his sponsors, perhaps it is that Element will be one step further removed from the starry eyes of idol worshipping children, and that Nyjah may fade into partying obscurity until he’s forced to launch GoFundMe campaigns to pay for his fancy lifestyle.
All this is to say, dear user, that unless you are a funeral director, we have no business to discuss with regards to my death.
Good day, sir.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Letsfilmavideo

• Rep: 16
« Reply #364 on: January 25, 2021, 07:40:43 AM »
Nyjah has to be on that 10 shoe contract just like Kobe, just like P-Rod. They’re probably limiting his shoe because the nyjah 3 is about to come out. This time last year they switched from the nyjah to the nyjah 2.0 or whatever they call it. I bet every year for the next 8 years there will be a newer even grosser than before nyjah shoe come out for all the little tiny model coke girls and zombie ravers to wear whenever they want to over dose on self inflating Instagram stories
I always got one of my boys holdin a jar of leak and a fat blunt, so as soon as i land the trick we gettin wet you know?

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2260
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #365 on: January 25, 2021, 07:59:09 AM »
Nyjah has to be on that 10 shoe contract just like Kobe, just like P-Rod. They’re probably limiting his shoe because the nyjah 3 is about to come out. This time last year they switched from the nyjah to the nyjah 2.0 or whatever they call it. I bet every year for the next 8 years there will be a newer even grosser than before nyjah shoe come out for all the little tiny model coke girls and zombie ravers to wear whenever they want to over dose on self inflating Instagram stories
Aye, don’t forget about King Shark, who likes to pair Nyjahs with (ahem) tasteful, gold plated ankle chains.
Gotta look proper while pretending to be the Santa Ana skatepark enforcer, don’tcha know.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

KBizzle

• Rep: -17
« Reply #366 on: January 25, 2021, 08:20:09 AM »

This isn't a bad idea at all hahaha. In the end Nike cares about selling shoes and Nyjah is capturing the exact market you're talking about. Its not like they care about skating/skateboarders anyway, that's evident by what's going on with Dunks currently.

He's very much still on Nike and going nowhere. What a dumb rumor that doesn't make any sense at all.

Letsfilmavideo

« Reply #367 on: January 25, 2021, 08:26:32 AM »
It’s honestly great marketing cause anyone who buys a nyjah shoe is probably a tad bit superficial and materialistic which will likely lead them to post a photo of the shoe when they buy it so boom there you go more advertising more people seeing the shoe more people considering buying it. Fuck itt the Nyjah 3 better have a stash spot that comes with Molly already stocked in it, turn up or let’s fucking go or send it or whatever people are saying at parties now
I always got one of my boys holdin a jar of leak and a fat blunt, so as soon as i land the trick we gettin wet you know?

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #368 on: January 25, 2021, 09:17:55 AM »
Pretty sure the story was that Nigel signed a 5 year contract in 2015 so that woulda been up last year sometime. I never heard anything about extensions but I could imagine they would want to hold onto him at least through the Olympics. Now that that's not happening, and with the heavy allegations out there, it sorta looks like it could be over.

I've been hoping Cookie goes to Worble full time since at least Peace. He's still on NB (and Mountian Dew?) and presumably that's where he gets most of his money so now would be the right time for a move like that.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

mareo

• Rep: -342
« Reply #369 on: January 25, 2021, 09:53:16 AM »
yeah yeah nobody cares about Nyjah here, delete the 13 PAGES thread now...

bunch of salty hypocrites

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #370 on: January 25, 2021, 10:00:57 AM »
yeah yeah nobody cares about Nyjah here, delete the 13 PAGES thread now...

bunch of salty hypocrites
r/skateboarding moderator reporting for duty

ThisFuckingDude

• Rep: -16
« Reply #371 on: January 25, 2021, 10:06:18 AM »
Nike isn’t signing contracts rn. Which is what happened with Gino. And that’s why Kader isn’t on yet. Nyjah isn’t going anywhere. If the whole contest shit in skating goes to shit then he’ll just start skating in the streets more. The allegations have been around since before he got on Nike so unless solid evidence comes out he’s gonna have a long career.

conqueso

« Reply #372 on: January 25, 2021, 10:40:07 AM »
nike plays for keeps. its about dominating. they aren't letting go of their top athlete in any sport

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #373 on: January 25, 2021, 11:03:02 AM »
Nike isn’t signing contracts rn. Which is what happened with Gino. And that’s why Kader isn’t on yet. Nyjah isn’t going anywhere. If the whole contest shit in skating goes to shit then he’ll just start skating in the streets more. The allegations have been around since before he got on Nike so unless solid evidence comes out he’s gonna have a long career.
this. I know most of slap is salivating at the prospect of nyjah going away, but it won’t happen.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

KBizzle

• Rep: -17
« Reply #374 on: January 25, 2021, 11:46:04 AM »
nike plays for keeps. its about dominating. they aren't letting go of their top athlete in any sport

Common sense wins for once.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
« Reply #375 on: January 25, 2021, 12:12:52 PM »
If the rumors are true and Nyjah is of Nike, and the shoes are $35 at Nordstrom Rack - you best believe I’ll be skating Nyjahs for a while

my friend just went to the Zumiez warehouse sale and picked up 4 pairs of Nyjah 2's for $35 each, some of the same colors that are in zumiez stores currently. Kind of weird considering this shoe is still fairly new.

Kind of a random observation but just wanted to leave this here for y'all

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #376 on: January 25, 2021, 12:25:29 PM »
My wife, who doesnt know anything about skating, asked me last night if I know who Nyjah is.
I said yes, every skater at least knows who he is?
her: are you a fan?
Me: no, not really.
Her: Do you know who Chima Ferguson is?
Me: Yeah, he skates for Real (digresses into a conversation about when I worked in skating)
Her: Oh, he seems to have a lot of allegations about Nyjah and rape.
Me: no ones been able to make anything stick, so idk, maybe there isnt real compelling evidence or something.

So idk, maybe it's spreading even more if non-skating normies are talking about it. I think she just ran across some shared shit on instagram.
ok thanks

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #377 on: January 25, 2021, 12:29:12 PM »

Yeah this makes the most sense. He aint jumping ship to Adidas or anywhere else because surely they're not signing contracts either.

I feel bad for Domo. I read the Thrasher interview where Element says they're turning him pro. Now his pro part is going to be a footage dump. Maybe that's what he gets hanging out Nigel his whole career and not finding his own place to shine. Either way i feel for the kid

Cookie should go to Enjoi or Krooked and deserves to be full on NB. He should be getting all the shine. Fuck maybe he's perfect for Grimple?

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #378 on: January 25, 2021, 02:24:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Common sense wins for once.

This. And if budgets were an issue, Nike would likely cut other people, rather than their golden boy. Nigel wins the most contests, therefor in Nikes eyes he’s the best and must be on their team.

twic3

« Reply #379 on: January 25, 2021, 02:43:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

my friend just went to the Zumiez warehouse sale and picked up 4 pairs of Nyjah 2's for $35 each, some of the same colors that are in zumiez stores currently. Kind of weird considering this shoe is still fairly new.

They had janoskis at my nike clearance store for $30, meanwhile my local shop is still charging full price for the same colorways >:(

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 11
« Reply #380 on: January 25, 2021, 03:03:14 PM »

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 11
« Reply #381 on: January 25, 2021, 03:04:16 PM »
My wife, who doesnt know anything about skating, asked me last night if I know who Nyjah is.
I said yes, every skater at least knows who he is?
her: are you a fan?
Me: no, not really.
Her: Do you know who Chima Ferguson is?
Me: Yeah, he skates for Real (digresses into a conversation about when I worked in skating)
Her: Oh, he seems to have a lot of allegations about Nyjah and rape.
Me: no ones been able to make anything stick, so idk, maybe there isnt real compelling evidence or something.

So idk, maybe it's spreading even more if non-skating normies are talking about it. I think she just ran across some shared shit on instagram.

I wish my GF listened to The Bunt too.... I know now why you married her.

Welpok

• Rep: 13
« Reply #382 on: January 25, 2021, 03:56:18 PM »
Expand Quote
The thing about the rest of this place is that I don’t really care about your favorite Polar shape or your preference for Ace vs. Indy. I’ve already sorted those questions out for myself. The nuts and bolts of the industry, such as what happens when the biggest skater in the world gets kicked off their longtime sponsor, are to me, much more interesting than the best New Balance Numeric shoe
[close]
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts.
Had to make this my sig ahaha too great.
SLAP: come for the gossip, stay for the lk130 Stylin’ On You attempts

“More celebrities know of me than I know of them.” -James T. Greco

Brguy

« Reply #383 on: January 25, 2021, 04:18:22 PM »
Yeah, as much as people hate him for being on Street League most of his time he's still really gnarly skating street, and not just that, but gnarly for todays ridiculous standards.

Baby on Board

• Rep: 35
« Reply #384 on: January 25, 2021, 04:34:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

They had janoskis at my nike clearance store for $30, meanwhile my local shop is still charging full price for the same colorways >:(

Because your local still needs to survive and they’re not getting a whole sale bundle deal like the Nike clearance store is. Just go buy some sale shoes from your local, nerd

Ghost Face

• Rep: 117
« Reply #385 on: January 25, 2021, 11:02:45 PM »
Well Nike should at least update his profile to just Monster. He has no other sponsors right?

https://www.nikesb.com/team/nyjah-huston
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #386 on: January 26, 2021, 12:28:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah, as much as people hate him for being on Street League most of his time he's still really gnarly skating street, and not just that, but gnarly for todays ridiculous standards.
dont you ever call me contest skater again  >:(

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #387 on: January 26, 2021, 02:24:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Aye, don’t forget about King Shark, who likes to pair Nyjahs with (ahem) tasteful, gold plated ankle chains.
Gotta look proper while pretending to be the Santa Ana skatepark enforcer, don’tcha know.

yesssss!!!! ahahahahahahahhah
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Dopethrone

• Rep: -21
« Reply #388 on: January 26, 2021, 03:55:38 AM »
Is there even any evidence of the Olympics not going ahead?  I've seen articles saying at the moment are going ahead.

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #389 on: January 26, 2021, 04:45:48 AM »
Is there even any evidence of the Olympics not going ahead?  I've seen articles saying at the moment are going ahead.

afaik, theyre pretty much holding on to it (https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/21/asia/tokyo-olympics-coronavirus-intl-hnk/index.html):

"Reports of this summer's Tokyo Olympic Games being canceled due to Covid-19 are "categorically untrue", the International Olympic Committee said in a statement to CNN on Friday."