Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 191069 times)

beatifk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 162
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #960 on: August 01, 2022, 06:37:57 AM »
i need the 002s in old red or sage green
shame the 001s get all the best colors, not really my style

I love the 002s I have, I just wish they came with slightly shorter laces.

I've also found that the laces rip quicker on the 002 compared to the 001 I have. I still like the 001 His best, I would love to see a 002 Hi. I know the 003 Hi is coming but... when?

IpathCats

« Reply #961 on: August 01, 2022, 06:51:43 AM »
need to see another colorway. stoked for them but those are not doin it for me

yea same, hightop too please

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1185
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #962 on: August 01, 2022, 07:26:47 AM »

Had to, they were on sale.

Looking good in your blue suede shoes. I get so many damn compliments on mine

Mr.Jenkins

• Rep: 159
« Reply #963 on: August 04, 2022, 02:28:40 AM »
I was pretty stoked when I saw the first samples of 3-3-20 being transformed into Last Resort since I was already a fan of those, and was quick on them when Sami released the first collection. Skated a bunch trough the winter, and they have great board feeling and I love the look of them. But.. I have never had any shoes that the bottom sole wears out so quick - they become so flat and thin that it ended up hurting my feet.

Switched over to my first pair of NB#´s and damn - the difference for my feet is huge. Great board feel too. I really hope they get a better under sole for the shoes, paring that with an FP insole and I would easily go back. For now Last resort is chillers for me strictly. A shame though, almost everyone around me has the same experience and switched after a few pairs to something else.   

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #964 on: August 04, 2022, 03:39:48 AM »
I was pretty stoked when I saw the first samples of 3-3-20 being transformed into Last Resort since I was already a fan of those, and was quick on them when Sami released the first collection. Skated a bunch trough the winter, and they have great board feeling and I love the look of them. But.. I have never had any shoes that the bottom sole wears out so quick - they become so flat and thin that it ended up hurting my feet.

Switched over to my first pair of NB#´s and damn - the difference for my feet is huge. Great board feel too. I really hope they get a better under sole for the shoes, paring that with an FP insole and I would easily go back. For now Last resort is chillers for me strictly. A shame though, almost everyone around me has the same experience and switched after a few pairs to something else.

I fully understand the sole part, as I find them to wear out quick but without losing their grip so I'm not that mad.

On the other hand, have you tried to replace the stock insole with FP for example? I was thinking to do that as my heels are hurting a bit after the last few sessions.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Jacorpes

• Rep: 10
« Reply #965 on: August 04, 2022, 03:52:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I fully understand the sole part, as I find them to wear out quick but without losing their grip so I'm not that mad.

On the other hand, have you tried to replace the stock insole with FP for example? I was thinking to do that as my heels are hurting a bit after the last few sessions.

I have the same thing. It wears down fast but stays grippy all the way until there's a hole. I just bought some FP Kingfoam Elite mids for mine because they have a similar profile to the original insole. It takes them from an 8/10 to a 10/10 shoe imo because the boardfeel and fit is basically the same but the impact protection is obviously way better. I was using the flat FP Kingfoam 5mm before and they were nice but very slightly too low at the heel which made the shoe even roomier.

diplodocus

• Rep: 166
  • long neck
« Reply #966 on: August 04, 2022, 09:53:31 PM »
I also have had the same experience. The sole wearing down is quick but it stays grippy. In comparison to other shoes, the shoes overall tread lasted longer, but once it was gone the shoes felt like ice skates. Converse in particular were the worst offenders of this, followed by vans. I will say tho, the last resorts did lose some grip once the sole wore away, but they were still good enough. Also the wear on the tread was quick, but the bottoms still lasted me a month before they got too thin for me.

Wizard0f0dds

• Rep: 72
« Reply #967 on: August 06, 2022, 02:56:03 PM »
Just bought two pairs for the price of one, VM003 canvas and VM002 suede. Went half size down and they both fit really good. What's the deal with sizing for VM001? I've read here that the suede fit big (so should get half size down) and that canvas are tts? Are they really though? Thinking of ordering a pair online but I'm afraid they might be too big if I go tts or too small if I go half size down...

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #968 on: August 06, 2022, 03:23:25 PM »
Just bought two pairs for the price of one, VM003 canvas and VM002 suede. Went half size down and they both fit really good. What's the deal with sizing for VM001? I've read here that the suede fit big (so should get half size down) and that canvas are tts? Are they really though? Thinking of ordering a pair online but I'm afraid they might be too big if I go tts or too small if I go half size down...

Whatever size you went for in VM002/003, do the same for VM001 suede. If you get canvas, go .5 up. You CAN go same same as the rest, but they’re definitely going to be snug/narrow.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #969 on: August 06, 2022, 10:21:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Whatever size you went for in VM002/003, do the same for VM001 suede. If you get canvas, go .5 up. You CAN go same same as the rest, but they’re definitely going to be snug/narrow.

I’d say half size down in everything no matter the material. They are very narrow though. The VM001s are the narrowest shoes I’ve had.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1314
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #970 on: August 09, 2022, 10:04:36 AM »

dipped

• Rep: 2
« Reply #971 on: August 09, 2022, 10:05:47 AM »
New look at the cupsole

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #972 on: August 09, 2022, 10:08:48 AM »

IpathCats

« Reply #973 on: August 09, 2022, 10:13:56 AM »
Untitled by
Untitled by

This is cool, these insoles look wider than the old ones too?

New look at the cupsole

oh yea, the all black suede looks way better than those leather ones. excited to see the high top. hope they have a roomy toe box.

mindfuzz

• Rep: 37
« Reply #974 on: August 09, 2022, 10:23:28 AM »
excited to see the high top.

Is it confirmed they'll do a high version? That would be amazing.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1314
« Reply #975 on: August 09, 2022, 10:30:14 AM »
If they do an all black hi top cup, I'm sorry for any other 10.5 wearers who are interested but you will not find any pair available.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #976 on: August 09, 2022, 10:35:56 AM »
wooooo, so are the milics the cupsole? or are those different?

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #977 on: August 09, 2022, 10:42:32 AM »
The toe cap isn’t my Favorite but I’m sure they'll grow on me. If the cupsole is as comfortable as it should be, why would anyone go back to the vulcs? The cup looks so low profile

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 874
« Reply #978 on: August 09, 2022, 10:59:08 AM »
The toe cap isn’t my Favorite but I’m sure they'll grow on me. If the cupsole is as comfortable as it should be, why would anyone go back to the vulcs? The cup looks so low profile
Waiting to see the sole pattern. I can imagine a harder rubber not being too great if it's the same pattern as the vulcs. Could also be wrong tho, I'm willing to try. Toe cap looks a little like tony Hawks first airwalk (soz to everyone who hates shoe a looks a bit like shoe b talk)

Knee Pain

• Rep: 42
« Reply #979 on: August 09, 2022, 11:18:46 AM »
Untitled by
Untitled by

Very interested to see how good these are, I had to get the orthotic FP ones recently, which have made a massive difference.

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 174
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #980 on: August 09, 2022, 11:22:59 AM »
New look at the cupsole

*insert slamming money on counter gif

And yeah, Big hopes for a mid or high. Bigger hopes for a mid or high in cream/off white suede with gum sole.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2296
« Reply #981 on: August 09, 2022, 12:57:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Waiting to see the sole pattern. I can imagine a harder rubber not being too great if it's the same pattern as the vulcs. Could also be wrong tho, I'm willing to try. Toe cap looks a little like tony Hawks first airwalk (soz to everyone who hates shoe a looks a bit like shoe b talk)

No you're totally right. I was thinking Enigma or a more round Jason Lee, but the Tony Hawk comparison totally nails it. And I'm down for it. At least it looks different than what everyone else is doing. I'll try out the cupsoles for sure. I like Pontus and am stoked on LRAB but Vulcs aren't really my vibe any more for chilling or skating so I'll definitely get some.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 191
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #982 on: August 09, 2022, 04:01:38 PM »
Look up old pics of the etnies “intercity”

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2296
« Reply #983 on: August 10, 2022, 09:52:38 AM »
Yeah the Intercity was always a good one. Definitely think the oversized toe on the LRAB cupsole is inspired by 90s shoe styles and I like it. Also it's more functional than a lower toe piece.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 874
« Reply #984 on: August 10, 2022, 11:10:47 AM »
Lower toe join is the biggest bullshit comeback. It sucked, we got one piece toecaps but life was too good so they brought back the way to fuck up shoes. These lrab is the one way it can work. Altho looks almost nothing alike it's sort of similar to why a halfcab toe panel works. Blazer and Bruin style toes are sort of ok.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #985 on: August 10, 2022, 11:39:35 AM »
I don't follow this thread closely but had a few questions since LRAB are on sale at all the shops by me and I do like the look:

1. Are the new insoles easily removable?
2. Has anyone tried a more support insole like the thinner Superfeet?

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #986 on: August 10, 2022, 11:53:59 AM »
I don't follow this thread closely but had a few questions since LRAB are on sale at all the shops by me and I do like the look:

The insoles are fairly easy to remove, they're very lightly glued in so you just have to be a little careful/go slowly, but it really isn't a big deal.

I haven't used superfeet but I've swapped in Vans Ultracush and Nike Lunarlon insoles, and it's worked fine. The LRAB insoles are super thin so you can't replace with anything super high volume, but a thin Superfeet insole would likely work great.

Argyle

• Rep: 40
« Reply #987 on: August 10, 2022, 03:05:47 PM »
Getting some HUF soto vibes off the cupsole LRABs. Not a bad thing. More excited about the new insoles though

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #988 on: August 10, 2022, 05:02:41 PM »
Def excited for the new insoles. Even if they’re trash, just knowing that you can effortlessly swap them out is a big improvement

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #989 on: August 11, 2022, 07:08:05 AM »

1. I don't know about the new ones, but the glued-down ones come out very easily. Much easier than a Vans Classic insole, for example. The glue isn't very strong, but you should probably pull the insoles before you wear them much if you're planning to do that.

2. If you get the high tops, there's room for flexibility with your insoles. I got a pair just as chillers (can't skate in vulcs), and I wear them with my orthotics on top of the stock insole. They're a little squeezy in the toebox like that, but not painful or anything. If you got lows, you could probably remove the stock insole and run Superfeet green, but you'd have basically no cushioning under you.