Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 188367 times)

Twig88

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #1530 on: September 10, 2023, 08:36:59 AM »
I'm have just tried some (suede) VM002s with the new insole. I like them but they are a little bit too snug despite being half a size bigger than I wore with the old insole (8.5 with new insole, 8 with the old one) Edit: If someone is in the UK/EU and wants to take them off my hands, I'll do a pal a good deal.

I wanna try some canvas VM003s but not sure whether to go 8.5 or 9. Does the canvas 003 fit any wider or different from the suede 2 or 1?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 08:54:30 AM by Twig88 »

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1116
« Reply #1531 on: September 10, 2023, 10:14:41 AM »
I'm currently wearing some (suede) VM002s with the new insole. I like them but they are a little bit too snug and half a size bigger than I wore with the old insole (8.5 with new insole, 8 with the old one) . I wanna try some canvas VM003s but not sure whether to go 8.5 or 9. Does the canvas 003 fit any wider or different from the suede 2 or 1?

the only lrab’s i’ve had, are the VM003, canvas, lows. good shoe. went tts, a little loose in the heel. very good shoe. i never feel loud and annoying wearing them. the sole has puckered away from the upper, very early in my owning them. i only wear them for walking around and such, haven’t skated.
actually i did have a pair of the first models, suede hi’s, and tts they were too sloppy. not sure if that’s helpful.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 840
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #1532 on: September 20, 2023, 08:51:46 AM »

Snagged the black Cm001 from the atlas sale. I think
This color is my favorite so far.

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #1533 on: September 20, 2023, 11:34:27 AM »

super nice. I want a pair of these at some point

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1534 on: September 20, 2023, 05:53:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i skate most frequently in dunks.
love the nb’s i’ve had.
when i’m going out into public (my ‘skating’ happens away from others), i wear my vm03s.
 LRAB’s just look real decent.
i want these

Jacorpes

« Reply #1535 on: September 22, 2023, 02:52:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

i skate most frequently in dunks.
love the nb’s i’ve had.
when i’m going out into public (my ‘skating’ happens away from others), i wear my vm03s.
 LRAB’s just look real decent.
i want these

I'd love to know how these things compare to dunks. I'd been skating LRABs since they came out and exclusively thin vulcs for well over 10 years, but I impulse bought some dunks recently and I'm really surprised at how much I like the way they skate. I'm compltely out of the loop when it comes to cupsoles, but if these have similar boardfeel/flexibility/support to dunks then I'm interested.

Verdugo

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1536 on: September 22, 2023, 03:10:04 AM »
Did LRAB quit doing half sizes with their canvas shoes this drop? Either that or all the canvas 10.5 shoes sold out in 2 hours.

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #1537 on: September 22, 2023, 08:52:58 AM »
Did LRAB quit doing half sizes with their canvas shoes this drop? Either that or all the canvas 10.5 shoes sold out in 2 hours.

im seeing half sizes on the vm003 lo canvas, usa shop at least

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1162
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1538 on: September 22, 2023, 09:17:27 AM »
https://usa.lastresortab.com/products/cm001-lo-lt-grey-white

These have my name written all over em...

Verdugo

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1539 on: September 22, 2023, 09:49:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They have the old white and black canvas vm003 in 10.5, but they don’t have have any of the new colors of the canvas 003 in half sizes. Neither hi or low.

Bill Salt

« Reply #1540 on: September 23, 2023, 03:55:21 AM »
I have vm003's but but from an early drop with the shitty insole...Till I get new ones I customized them with a vans supercush sole from an old pair of halfcabs I had.It now feels awesome.Thx to Gifted Hate who dropped the tip on YT a while back.

tabby weed

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1541 on: September 23, 2023, 05:52:07 AM »
For anyone on the fence about the CM001s, I really can’t say enough positive things about them. It’s only been a few sessions so I can’t speak to durability yet, but they have a great balance between support and boardfeel (and at least for me, they didn’t need to be broken in at all and were skateable right out of the box). They remind me of NB#440s in a lot of ways, but imo they have a superior flick.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1542 on: September 23, 2023, 07:05:21 AM »
For anyone on the fence about the CM001s, I really can’t say enough positive things about them. It’s only been a few sessions so I can’t speak to durability yet, but they have a great balance between support and boardfeel (and at least for me, they didn’t need to be broken in at all and were skateable right out of the box). They remind me of NB#440s in a lot of ways, but imo they have a superior flick.

tts?

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1543 on: September 23, 2023, 07:49:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

tts?

I’ve only tried my pair on, but I’m an 8.5 in the VM’s and went up to 9 for CM but honestly wish I went with 9.5. I’m sure it’ll be fine once they’re broken in but I really think a whole size up in CM from VM is the right move.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1544 on: September 23, 2023, 07:51:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

They have the old white and black canvas vm003 in 10.5, but they don’t have have any of the new colors of the canvas 003 in half sizes. Neither hi or low.

did some digging and i'm finding the canvas hi full spray greens on other sites in 10.5 so maybe it's the sold out situation hopefully

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #1545 on: September 23, 2023, 07:51:48 AM »

Are they flatter through the arch?  The 440s hurt my flat feet after a while

tabby weed

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1546 on: September 23, 2023, 12:39:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Are they flatter through the arch?  The 440s hurt my flat feet after a while

If anything, I’d say they are (unfortunately) more arched… I have super high arches so this works well for me, but yeah, not for everyone…

And I’m a 9.5 and imo they fit TTS, but maybe I like my shoes to fit more snugly than most people.

Bill Salt

« Reply #1547 on: September 25, 2023, 07:06:15 AM »
Seems like I should have bought these instead of these shitty VM3's that hurt my feet and squeak all the time...

PacketLoss

• Rep: 7
« Reply #1548 on: September 26, 2023, 09:01:40 PM »
Just had some CM001 show up in the mail the other day. I usually skate an 11 in Vans and most other skate shoes but went to an 11,5 for the CM001s after hearing they run small. The 11,5 fits my foot perfect. Won't skate them until my current shoes are done, but keen to give them a try.

Got the all-black colourway, then the next day a new drop had classic black with white sole. I kinda wish I'd waited a day.

disgruntledMTAEmployee

• Rep: -464
« Reply #1549 on: September 26, 2023, 09:46:56 PM »
someone tell pontus to stop making these idiotic bastardizations of the vm001

Shiro417gunpla

• Rep: 13
« Reply #1550 on: September 27, 2023, 08:54:12 AM »
My cm001 finally came in and I have to say definitely most definitely size up the padded tounge and different toe box shape makes this shoe feel more narrow and super snug I'm a 9.5 definitely should have got 10.5 maybe it's just me but if i would go up just half size i would have to wear without the insoles to make them comfortably fit just a fyi

I also noticed that the insoles are different from the milics there yellow and a bit thicker with some squish while the cup is blue and a bit firm
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 10:37:25 AM by Shiro417gunpla »
corduroy emerica ridgemonts

Gunot

• Rep: 12
« Reply #1551 on: September 27, 2023, 12:25:33 PM »
They used to have these too thin insoles. Now they have these thick yellow insoles, but the shoe size is the same. That's why the newer productions of the old models are all way too tight.
You should either go one size up or use different insoles.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #1552 on: September 27, 2023, 05:22:43 PM »
Dunno about the look of the LR cups, but keen to see how they develop.  They look a bit too much like orthopedic shoes atm

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1553 on: September 27, 2023, 09:05:24 PM »
I’m excited to see what this Spitfire collab will look like, the Dancer one was okay so this can only better surely.

Jacorpes

« Reply #1554 on: September 28, 2023, 12:43:21 AM »
I’m excited to see what this Spitfire collab will look like, the Dancer one was okay so this can only better surely.

I could be seeing things again, but in this shot it looks like Milic's shoes have a sort of spitfire print on the toe bumper. It doesn't reveal much though!

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1555 on: September 28, 2023, 07:13:33 AM »
also a decent peek here:

Guess we'll see more tomorrow?

kneebone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1556 on: September 28, 2023, 07:15:53 AM »
thanks google

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1557 on: September 28, 2023, 07:19:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I could be seeing things again, but in this shot it looks like Milic's shoes have a sort of spitfire print on the toe bumper. It doesn't reveal much though!

so i'm not sure those are even LRABs. looks like leopard print material that makes up the toe/tongue where you can kind of see it at the top of the tongue as well.the sole and the heel logo look different with sole having white rubber detailing? you can kind of makeout what looks to be a zipper on the inner left foot.
with the post not being an official lrab, maybe it was just a pair of beaters??

stealth edit: my teenage memory was jogged - logo looks like TUK shoes and i was able to track down the pair
https://www.tukshoes.com/collections/mens-sneakers/products/black-canvas-leopard-8-eye-sneaker-boot

Jacorpes

« Reply #1558 on: September 28, 2023, 07:55:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

so i'm not sure those are even LRABs. looks like leopard print material that makes up the toe/tongue where you can kind of see it at the top of the tongue as well.the sole and the heel logo look different with sole having white rubber detailing? you can kind of makeout what looks to be a zipper on the inner left foot.

stealth edit: my teenage memory was jogged - logo looks like TUK shoes and i was able to track down the pair
https://www.tukshoes.com/collections/mens-sneakers/products/black-canvas-leopard-8-eye-sneaker-boot

Not those, the lows Chris Milic is wearing! You can only really see a peek of the toe bumper in the photo and in the video there's not enough detail to see much else. It definitely looks like the spitfire branding to me though.

Edit: Just seen the pictures above which match

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1559 on: September 28, 2023, 08:07:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Not those, the lows Chris Milic is wearing! You can only really see a peek of the toe bumper in the photo and in the video there's not enough detail to see much else. It definitely looks like the spitfire branding to me though.

Edit: Just seen the pictures above which match

lol that's what i get for trying to post right after i wake up, i just zoomed in on the weirdest shoe in the shot