Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 67895 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 215
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #210 on: July 27, 2021, 08:21:16 PM »
It was a fundraiser event at my local: tic-tac races for the kids, a miniramp sesh and then an open (non-berric's rules) game of skate. I went up against at 20 year or so year old sponsored skater who traveled down for the event (I'm 43). Since  there basically no rules, I pulled out some old skool tricks and got him to E which I was pretty stoked on. It was actually my first game of skate I've ever played in my life so it was kinda nerve racking having so many people watch my old arse try and huck tricks.
My wife thought it was cool that there are tricks that the younger generation don't know about (probably for a good reason though).

a 50 year old guy who skates my local every single weekend also entered and did street plant variations (ala Mike V vs. Chris Cole) which was super entertaining for me to watch.

I was talking to my son about losing and this other little young kid said to me, "you lost but your game was super fun to watch" which melted my heart. Got to spend some time just cruising around with my son too which is always fun!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -261
« Reply #211 on: July 27, 2021, 10:06:55 PM »
Just beat my apprentice at skate in the carpark  ;D

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
« Reply #212 on: August 02, 2021, 01:50:54 PM »
went to check out a bank to wall but it was an utter disappointment. lowass bank barely there and broken glass scattered about with too many cars

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #213 on: August 02, 2021, 02:28:42 PM »
It was a fundraiser event at my local: tic-tac races for the kids, a miniramp sesh and then an open (non-berric's rules) game of skate. I went up against at 20 year or so year old sponsored skater who traveled down for the event (I'm 43). Since  there basically no rules, I pulled out some old skool tricks and got him to E which I was pretty stoked on. It was actually my first game of skate I've ever played in my life so it was kinda nerve racking having so many people watch my old arse try and huck tricks.
My wife thought it was cool that there are tricks that the younger generation don't know about (probably for a good reason though).

a 50 year old guy who skates my local every single weekend also entered and did street plant variations (ala Mike V vs. Chris Cole) which was super entertaining for me to watch.

I was talking to my son about losing and this other little young kid said to me, "you lost but your game was super fun to watch" which melted my heart. Got to spend some time just cruising around with my son too which is always fun!
Sounds like a great event, respect

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #214 on: August 02, 2021, 07:39:54 PM »
Slappy front tail, into fakie krook, back to tail, couldn't get it but I'm close, going to back to tail was fuckign me up.

iknowisuck

• Rep: 2
« Reply #215 on: August 02, 2021, 07:41:33 PM »
empty park and some cop asked me if I sell fentanyl
Jokes on clothing < cutting off your foreskin with a chainsaw

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #216 on: August 02, 2021, 08:36:39 PM »
Sounds like a nice ice breaking question to start a civil adult conversation at a public park.  That is truly terrible.

iknowisuck

• Rep: 2
« Reply #217 on: August 02, 2021, 10:19:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Sounds like a nice ice breaking question to start a civil adult conversation at a public park.  That is truly terrible.

He said he was an undercover, if so I'm just mad that that guy gets paid by the city to go ask people who probably aren't drug dealers (it was 2pm, at a skatepark with a skateboard, next door to an elementary school, and asked in the most obvious cop set up possible) if they're drug dealers, and make shit jokes about the other people at the park. (He asked me if I was better than "those bums" and the only other people in the park were a guy eating and a father and son).

But maybe I'm just jealous I didn't get in on that sweet waste of tax money.
Jokes on clothing < cutting off your foreskin with a chainsaw

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 432
« Reply #218 on: August 02, 2021, 10:47:36 PM »
Learned slappys
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

PlugSkullcandy

• Rep: 95
« Reply #219 on: August 03, 2021, 03:02:25 AM »
I’m on holidays in the south west of France and there is a small skatepark so I decided to have a little routine (i’m getting old) : wake up, breakfast, stretching and go the skatepark (3 minutes away), skate for 2-3 hours. Turns out I went to the skatepark at 10am and the skatepark was already full of scooters and kids on bikes. The park is « U » shaped so it’s hard to skate all of it without getting stop by kids or scooters.

I also have a new board so it’s always hard to me to get comfortable, like a few sessions.

The few skaters were mostly teenagers but they were cool despite being mostly Berrics-esque type skateboarders. I also spotted my first Cariumas in the wild. I’m a big skaterat so I talked about old Transworld videos with a guy in his early 40s I think, he was skating with his daughter I think and it seemed that she enjoyed it and I love when kids have fun skateboarding.

There are also a dad with his kid, they didn’t reply when I said hello. Thought they were from abroad but they are French. The kid was like 12-13 years old, seemed ultra shy so I didn’t insist talking to them ; and was absolutely destroying the park. Turns out the dad was filming with his iPhone (for Instagram) and telling his son the lines to do like : « start with a kickflip to fakie, then cab on the hip, then switch lipslide… ». Lines he executed perfectly haha.

That said I skated easy and did the tricks I wanted to. Today I went to the park at 9am, there was still a few scooters but more space. A guy taught me how to do backside no comply, I struggled with it since 5 years now and I landed one. Also did a pole jam.

So I’m quite happy with my last sessions, good to have a routine. A routine I can’t have in Paris due to work etc. Also I didn’t hurt my 32 years old self hehe.

norcalnobody

« Reply #220 on: August 03, 2021, 04:26:56 AM »
The past week or two I've been living like a night owl cause its too hot to go out during the day and i don't feel like getting sunburned. Two days ago I snuck out of my house around 6:00 am and hauled ass south down the freeway to the biggest park in my city. No body was there and i just pumped through the bowls as fast as I could because they're massive af like 9ft and above and didn't feel like cracking my head open with no one around for help.

Hubba Bo-Tep

• Rep: 43
« Reply #221 on: August 03, 2021, 07:26:14 AM »
At the usual spot for about an hour.  Kickflips turned funky for no reason whatsoever, manual ollie manual coming along, sussed out foot position and weight for bs 180 fakie manual, short 360 flip and big spin battles and to cap it all off I decided to try switch nollie big spin (more like fakie big off the nose) for the first time ever and was stoked on how quickly it came to me.

I think I may be developing jumper's knee.

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #222 on: August 03, 2021, 07:52:33 AM »
2 months ago, pop shuv down a little set, drunk, front foot slipped off the nose, rolled my ankle so hard I chipped my fibula.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1151
« Reply #223 on: August 03, 2021, 08:02:19 AM »
last Friday, went to a marble ledge spot I drove by a bunch of times. It's in the kind of sketch area. Like when pulling up I saw a dude on a dirtbike deliver drugs to a guy standing outside the gas station across the street.

The ledges go like nothing I've felt in my life, but the ground is brink and so it's hard to get speed and I really couldn't find a line. I did film a kickflip noseslide.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -227
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #224 on: August 03, 2021, 08:05:46 AM »
I saw Osiris and a Sk8 Mafia deck in the wild and remembered how bad San Diego’s legacy for producing good product was.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #225 on: August 03, 2021, 08:37:00 AM »
Couldn't quite roll away a clean fakie bigflip, that last 90 degrees was eluding me today. I hate pivoting out of tricks. Typical as I had the camera set up to try and finally get a clean one filmed.

Did land a nice kickflip first try though, always satisfying.

Oh and the miserable old lady who lives opposite my spot shouted at me again, I used to engage but ignoring her seems to wind her up even more.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #226 on: August 03, 2021, 01:57:53 PM »
Skated some hills... woke up with a sore lower-to-middle back. Getting old sucks

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #227 on: August 08, 2021, 12:14:23 PM »
bank and ledge 2 little spots nearby. you know when its so hot you gotta pace water because its either drink too much too fast and get bloated or not enough in time and have to almost dry heave. i sweat a lot though. was mostly just doing backside flips

Lifer

• Rep: 74
« Reply #228 on: August 08, 2021, 12:25:50 PM »
Had a pounding headache that developed as soon as I started skating. Only lasted like 15 harsh minutes trying to get through some warm-up tricks before deciding to just head home.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -227
« Reply #229 on: August 08, 2021, 12:31:40 PM »
I saw multiple blank decks in the wild for the first time in about 15 years.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

FUBAR

• Rep: 249
« Reply #230 on: August 08, 2021, 12:36:33 PM »
730 AM. Curb spot. Cruised around doing ride on grinds for about 15 minutes. Some lady showed up and told me a bunch of cars were coming to use the parking lot. I told her that it’s a parking lot, that’s what happens. I think she wanted me to leave but I’m 45 and not breaking any laws so I just turned my music up and stayed. Realized my axles were bent on my trucks and called it a day about 45 minutes later.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 05:11:36 PM by FUBAR »

Ilya Oblomov

• Rep: 14
« Reply #231 on: August 08, 2021, 01:17:28 PM »
Did some basics. Friend did the splits and tore a groin muscle.

I probably need to set up a new board because my tail is down to the middle ply.

EDIT: I had fun.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #232 on: August 08, 2021, 01:49:57 PM »
i’m on a two month skate/hike/bike tour livin out of my nissan. i’m in upstate ny rn and i skated frm brunch to the local park here which was weird and downhill. had fun nonetheless.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #233 on: August 08, 2021, 01:55:37 PM »
i’m on a two month skate/hike/bike tour livin out of my nissan. i’m in upstate ny rn and i skated frm brunch to the local park here which was weird and downhill. had fun nonetheless.
hit up some NC spots on your trip if you’re headed that way

cky enthusiast

« Reply #234 on: August 08, 2021, 02:07:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

possibly next leg- gotta be back in philly in oct for a wedding but i’d love to swing down south as it cools down a lil

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #235 on: August 08, 2021, 02:10:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

possibly next leg- gotta be back in philly in oct for a wedding but i’d love to swing down south as it cools down a lil
we’ve had our back and forths but if you happen to make it down this way send me a message and we can skate some!

cky enthusiast

« Reply #236 on: August 08, 2021, 02:17:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
we’ve had our back and forths but if you happen to make it down this way send me a message and we can skate some!

absolutely. unless ur racist or sexist chances are i’m fuckin around on here anyway, i’m v quiet in real life and i like to skate with anyone

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #237 on: August 08, 2021, 02:37:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

absolutely. unless ur racist or sexist chances are i’m fuckin around on here anyway, i’m v quiet in real life and i like to skate with anyone
yeah definitely neither of those two. same here though just hit me up if you happen to make your way down here!

skatred

• Rep: 3
« Reply #238 on: August 08, 2021, 02:49:33 PM »
Not long back after many years of the board. Early morning at the skate park so just trying to warm up. Few manuals on the flat. Hit crack and get launched. Hobble back to car and go home lol
Nobody fades The Muska

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #239 on: August 10, 2021, 09:15:06 AM »
flat for less than an hour. ran out of water so i left