Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 66501 times)

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #450 on: November 10, 2021, 05:36:12 AM »
Last night, went out for a bit of a grind.
Felt ultra stiff and that did not change. Did maybe 15 tricks but just felt too stiff.
Might be going to chiropractor soon to crack me everywhere: back, neck, hips , legs.
I feel "compressed" if that makes sense

Hinna

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #451 on: November 10, 2021, 05:54:03 PM »
canines

beandemon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #452 on: November 10, 2021, 06:01:51 PM »
Skated a cool little wooden bowl and almost lost my front hanger twice.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #453 on: November 10, 2021, 08:29:04 PM »
Shitty weather last Sunday but got a last minute invite to skate two indoor garage minis, which was a nice change. I don't often skate the old back and fore halfpipe scenario anymore and it forced me to try some tricks. Also falling on wood doesn't really hurt. Too much old man talk-boarding but I'll take it.

Orangepulp1000

• Rep: 179
« Reply #454 on: November 11, 2021, 05:59:27 AM »
Took my son down the local after work, park was empty we got about an hr and a half in before dark. He’s just starting out. Helped him with rolling down the banks ect and I messed around on the small ledge there in between while he rolled around. Then worked on my flat ground for the last half hr while he learns ollies. Couldn’t ask for a better chilled afternoon really.

Magnolia

• Rep: 462
  • She/They
« Reply #455 on: November 11, 2021, 08:21:54 AM »
did a varial heelflip first try, landed in a lil manual but put the front wheels on the ground instantly, thought it might have looked kinda steezy and it made me feel good. i used to suck at front shuv stuff but a homie told me to try his foot placement and they clicked instantly, then i got varial heelflips soon after but lost them 2 or 3 weeks ago when i switched to a new deck, but they’re coming back and i’m hyped.
Please share the foot placement secret, my front shuvs are booty
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 700
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #456 on: November 11, 2021, 08:37:48 AM »
Expand Quote
did a varial heelflip first try, landed in a lil manual but put the front wheels on the ground instantly, thought it might have looked kinda steezy and it made me feel good. i used to suck at front shuv stuff but a homie told me to try his foot placement and they clicked instantly, then i got varial heelflips soon after but lost them 2 or 3 weeks ago when i switched to a new deck, but they’re coming back and i’m hyped.
[close]
Please share the foot placement secret, my front shuvs are booty

back foot in the pocket, front foot near the bolts with toes hanging off. just watch reynolds or dollin. i bring my front foot back a little farther back if i am doing it on flat just to make the flip happen a little faster.

yesterday 9:00am i get to this new DIY i heard a rumour about. Tip was extremely vague but I found it. DM'd my friend the address and hopped over the fence to check it out while i waited for him. Pretty sick little spot, Bank to Wall thing you can do stalls on, sketchy kicker, polejam, a parking curb on flat, one on cinder blocks, and a pretty tall flat bar. slashed a few boardslides and then jumped the fence again to meet my friend. I noticed the fence was pretty sketchy at the top, it was very sharp. I am a pretty springy motherfucker so i handled it pretty easily but i was worried my friend might hurt his ankle trying to jump from that height cause he is quite a bit heavier than me.

anyway i brought him there and he seemed to hnadle it no problem and i actually felt a lot better climbing it with him there knowing my board wont fall over the other side kind of thing. right as soon as we get over, a cop pulls right up. somehow does not seem to notice us thorugh some stroke of luck. my friend doesnt even notice and is still blabbing away telling a story lmao. so we got set up and skate for about 30 min and im starting to get some 5050s down and putting a little line together.

all of a sudden i just hear my friend yelling over at the fence at a security guard and then the security guard yellin hes gonna call the cops. fuck. so im like alright well lets just dip man no sense in arguing hes like yep true so we just grab our shit and go. my friend is kinda rushing becusae he brought os much damn shit over the fence full on backpack and has all his smokes out and shit all over the ground... im already back at the fence by the time he starts walking. i start climbing and then i notice its super super wet now and slippery. i kind of just wanted to get the fuck out of there asap even though the security guard seemed to be cool about us leaving. i try to climb fence first try and i kind of got sketched out and jumped back down and put down my coat.  2nd try i just said fuck it and put my feet up on the top spikes and just jumped down instead of trying to lower myself slowly. luckily my ankles were totally fine and handled the impact no problem. my friend is strugling to get over though.... he doesnt want to jump and he tries to just climb over... bad idea. tears his hand pretty badly and im like fuck thats a lot of blood and run and get my car after putting his hand in a shirt. security guy takes pics of my friend then just takes off!!! fucken asshole!

so i get back a min later and actually seems like its not too badly bleeding so im like aight lets just go to the pharmacy get it cleaned up and bandaged. seems to be fine and then we decide to continue on with the day of skating. turns out 2 homeys are going to meet us at this new park. pick up some timmy's and some beers and get to that park ~12.

session was really dope this park is super chill. my friend just moved back from BC and he is skating really good for 33 years old. kcikflipped over this barrel off a kicker almost every try and almost got fs flip over it. did a really nice fs flip over this super steep hip!! i got this super long fs 5050 through a curve, was probably like 20 feet of grindage. i got a heelflip manny cruising super fast 1st try and a nice nollie bs 5050 i was hyped on too. was just a real chill session everyone seemed to be ripping and then another crew of 4 skaters showed up of younger guys that i know in the area who are kinda up and coming. the 1 guy really put down, really nice bs tail 270 shove out hard way (fs) and a heelflip back tail. lots of nice shit from him was basically a demo. started to wind down a bit and just chill then my friend who hurt his hand slipped out and re - opened his cut lol luckily wasnt too bad again had to get it cleaned up and bandaged up again then chilled on sakting the rest of the day. super tired today but miht go skate soon at lunch

FUBAR

• Rep: 247
« Reply #457 on: November 12, 2021, 02:06:37 AM »
Vetereans day early morning session at a newer park. I had it to myself for an hour so I cruised around (after picking up trash the night crew left for about ten minutes, that was lame) and actually got some fs and bs 5050s and 50s on transition…a first for me. A few older dudes rolled up and were super cool. A few younger dudes showed up and they were cool. Good vibes all around. Tried to start a run with a kickflip and jacked up my heel. On my way out I was headed to the porta-shitter to take a leak and an old guy cut me off about five feet from it. After verbally assaulting him for being an asshole, I left. Heel still hurts. Never got a kickflip but oh well.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #458 on: November 12, 2021, 11:31:07 AM »
day trip to nyc

owls head: fun, full of vibing dorks in brooklyn attire who can’t axle stall, saw a guy in a duane peters shirt

fat kid: fun, full of downtown brooklyn millionaire children

skating mccaren really stoned in the dark: fun, scary

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #459 on: November 12, 2021, 08:05:15 PM »
Went to 2nd Nature because it was raining landed most of my stuff with a bit more sketch than I would have preferred. I came so close to a long kickflip Bs noseslide on the box then I left for my son's vaccine appointment... maybe next time...

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #460 on: November 13, 2021, 03:12:24 PM »
wallrides. wallride grab

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #461 on: November 13, 2021, 05:56:14 PM »
Had one of those 45 minute extremely productive ones that are rare when you're my age. Really cemented my confidence in 360 flipping 8.5+ boards and felt very in control of my kickflips.

It's getting colder and wetter here in Michigan so I was stuck in the local parking garage, but the place is absolutely bust free. Got a ledge, manual pad, and slappy curb all there... just dusty, dirty, and cold.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

CorneliusCardew

« Reply #462 on: November 13, 2021, 07:07:33 PM »
Chill sesh in the driveway, I have a primo bruise on the inside of my left foot so I avoided flip tricks. As I skated a severe thunderstorm was approaching so I used my rainy day setup. The conditions were strange, I was fine wearing shorts and a t-shirt in NY in November.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
« Reply #463 on: November 13, 2021, 11:53:11 PM »
I had looked forward all week to a session at my new slappy curb and bank spot but it had rained in the night and with the cloud the ground never dried. So I had to retreat to my secret covered hide out with the roll on curb and got two new tricks on that one. Not so bad after all.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #464 on: November 16, 2021, 08:20:41 AM »
ledge spot. snowed after about an hour

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #465 on: November 16, 2021, 09:53:54 AM »
Solo session at the Ikea parking lot. Filled some cracks in the curbs with quick concrete. I hope that shit will last.

Just did all my basics for 2 hours.
IG: @flowterspace

sketchyrider

« Reply #466 on: November 16, 2021, 10:05:31 AM »
rolled around a local park, didn't feel as good as my last session there. maybe just an off day or it was dark.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
« Reply #467 on: November 16, 2021, 10:27:51 AM »
drove one hour (which is quite a distance here in Germany) to skate a slappy curb at a supermarket parking lot. Best session in ages.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #468 on: November 16, 2021, 02:42:45 PM »
I skated my secret rain spot. Made progress on 360 flips. Didn‘t land one but thanks to Slap trick tips I feel I am starting to get the rotation right.
why come?

Sharp-o

• Rep: -6
  • WAH! Haippia spotille!
« Reply #469 on: November 16, 2021, 11:19:49 PM »
Had a banging session after school and before work yesterday. My flatground was on fire.

CorneliusCardew

« Reply #470 on: November 17, 2021, 03:59:52 AM »
I went to ossining trying to learn half cab crooked grind I did not succeed but locked into a few good ones. My flatground worked out well, my primo bruise has healed.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #471 on: November 18, 2021, 03:07:35 PM »
some flat. then hippie jump manny back slappy. didnt see 1 squirrel

UnPinchedFrontCrook

• Rep: 2
« Reply #472 on: November 18, 2021, 05:37:44 PM »
did a halfcab flip on a bank so landed back to fakie. cool feeling to do it that way. also did a switch front heel over an a frame.

sKINGraft

• Rep: 28
  • space doo-doo pistols
« Reply #473 on: November 19, 2021, 03:35:39 AM »
Last skated a couple days ago. Finally learned switch flips then went to a skatepark I never visit and had a good time. Haven’t been able to walk properly since which I’m assuming means I used new muscles so I’m stoked

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #474 on: November 19, 2021, 01:41:53 PM »
did some errands then went to a ledge spot. it was a lot more windy than other places because its between high rises. i just wasnt feeling it after hours of running around which is a bummer because theres probably like 1 or 2 more clips i wanna get before im done with the current board and winter really starts. not that im not sk8ing during the winter or anything. weathers been wack lately like 1 good day then 2 shit days in a row repeat sigh

CorneliusCardew

« Reply #475 on: November 20, 2021, 09:38:48 PM »
Went to the DIY but didn't really skate brought my son with me and he wanted to explore some of the surrounding areas. Then went to the parking garage landed on my flat ground stuff got a few nice grinds on the ledge there.

LostBearings

« Reply #476 on: November 20, 2021, 10:24:14 PM »
Skated down some stairs (5) for the first time since I rolled my ankle and probably did the best kickflip I've ever done down a set first t. It sucked right up to my feet and felt perfect. Slipped out like four times on hardflip but plan on reclaiming that one soon.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #477 on: November 21, 2021, 12:54:25 AM »
Skated down some stairs (5) for the first time since I rolled my ankle and probably did the best kickflip I've ever done down a set first t. It sucked right up to my feet and felt perfect. Slipped out like four times on hardflip but plan on reclaiming that one soon.

Did you get clips? I like to see a nice kickflip down a set. My record is two stairs, but who knows I might go for a three stair when I find a nice one.

My session was two hours of slappies interrupted by a quick session in a shitty park with an insanely high flatbar. I shouldn‘t have tried but I am magically attracted to flatbars. Ate shit, hurt my wrist, went back to the curb where I should have stayed in the first place.
why come?

LostBearings

« Reply #478 on: November 21, 2021, 11:56:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Did you get clips? I like to see a nice kickflip down a set. My record is two stairs, but who knows I might go for a three stair when I find a nice one.

My session was two hours of slappies interrupted by a quick session in a shitty park with an insanely high flatbar. I shouldn‘t have tried but I am magically attracted to flatbars. Ate shit, hurt my wrist, went back to the curb where I should have stayed in the first place.

Nah, I was just messing around trying to get my legs used to stairs again. Kind of a spur of the moment hit as I was feeling good on the sesh. Didn't start filming until I started trying hardflip. You got that shit though, if you can catch them halfway decent then you got one down a bigger set for sure.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #479 on: November 21, 2021, 01:04:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Nah, I was just messing around trying to get my legs used to stairs again. Kind of a spur of the moment hit as I was feeling good on the sesh. Didn't start filming until I started trying hardflip. You got that shit though, if you can catch them halfway decent then you got one down a bigger set for sure.

Cheers bro!
why come?