Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 66518 times)

Skatebeard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 130
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #840 on: September 12, 2022, 03:06:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
skated a curb for 45 minutes, failed to kickflip successfully and then pulled a muscle in my shoulder. i think i'm getting old.
[close]

I pull something fairly regularly these days, seems to be a part of skating in your 30s and beyond no matter your warmup or diet etc.

I skated again today despite yesterday's slam.

Landed primo two days running, varial flip this time. Primo slams for me are like buses, none for ages then they all come at once.

My neck hates me even more now.
[close]

Hydrate.

I drink 2L of water over a 2 hour session, so got that covered.

Goodcurbs

• Rep: -279
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #841 on: September 12, 2022, 10:03:50 AM »
Lots of waxing. More waxing. Even more waxing. Telling kids they can't skate unless they wax the areas of the curb they're skating.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #842 on: September 12, 2022, 12:09:11 PM »
Lots of waxing. More waxing. Even more waxing. Telling kids they can't skate unless they wax the areas of the curb they're skating.

that’s

not the attitude that’ll sell those andy anderson decks bud

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #843 on: September 12, 2022, 01:53:41 PM »
it was dope.

gringo_viejo

• Rep: 43
« Reply #844 on: September 12, 2022, 04:40:52 PM »
I'm skating the little 3 foot quarter when half a dozen kids arrive. None have boards. They start asking to use everybody's board. "Just one trick, just one trick!"
 They start doing this to one guy who's leaving, he says something to them, and they leave him and run right at ME, all yelling at once.
  "Tony Hawk! Let me get a pic! Tony Hawk!" What? Dude told them I was the birdman, and they believed him? I do wear knee pads, but I'm bald, my 180s are bad, and I have a beard. It ain't me you're looking for, babe.
  They were so disappointed though. One kid actually stomped his foot and exclaimed, "this sucks!" I should have just signed my board and given it to them. Best of luck <3 Tony.

caked

• Rep: -30
« Reply #845 on: September 14, 2022, 09:49:08 AM »
we've had a great start to the week with some fall-like temperatures here in the midwest. monday was rainy so yesterday was perfect.
met a friend at a park we haven't skated in awhile at 6pm, about 70-72 degrees. my dumb ass thought I wouldn't sweat so much with this nice weather - jokes on me. shirt was drenched and I was wiping my sweaty face by 6:30.
gotta love the one dude at the park wearing a beanie while I can see his shirt is obviously completely sweat soaked. lol.
getting more comfy with frontside reverts and spinning my body in different directions.
great sesh with the homie. made me realize I need to go out and skate on weekdays more often, I love this shit.

ashthrower

• Rep: -12
« Reply #846 on: September 15, 2022, 01:10:58 PM »
skated a spot/curb in a pretty populated area (midwest so the weather is nice rn), ran into a dude who i hadn't seen in a while, landed a couple new tricks which was tight (fakie ollie->sw50-> fakie front180 out, front180 sw50 fakie front180 out).

tried to get buck and ollie this grass gap but fucked myself up lol, just some blood but some random girls offered me a (my little pony) bandaid from their car and washed the wound out.

sacking rails

• Rep: -223
  • sacking rails
« Reply #847 on: September 15, 2022, 01:15:47 PM »
i did the same 10 tricks i always do at the same spot i always skate

Tommy G

• Rep: -11
« Reply #848 on: September 18, 2022, 07:20:24 PM »
I went to my old stomping grounds since the parking lot is clear on Sundays now. My curb is gone now since they turned part of the sidewalk into a handicap ramp. Anyways, I haven’t skated in a couple of weeks and since the sun’s going down earlier, it cools off just in time for me to skate after work on Sunday. I skated the wheelchair bank, got a 180, front shuv, and kickflip. Skated the curb cut and did a little flatground for half an hour. Still pretty rusty, but hopefully I’ll get a couple of seshes in this week since I have the early shift.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #849 on: September 18, 2022, 07:28:35 PM »
i ate shit yesterday doing a tailslide on the quarter pipe at my local park. it’s been humid/hot so the coping sticks really bad when the weather is like that, i dug in with all my weight forward & got spit onto the flat bottom with my elbow straight into my ribs and landing with all the impact onto my right knee. knocked the wind out of me so i had to pace around for a second and immediately realized upon doing so that i had chicken winged my leg when my knee hit & strained my groin really bad. been sitting all day & last night icing it & taking epsom salt baths. moral of the story, always stretch before you skate & maybe check the coping before you just try to crank a slide/grind on it. maybe wax your tail/truck. the first 2 i did slid a little but, all my weight was in the back while pushing the board forward, didn’t really think about it when i went full speed standing straight up & got catapulted.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Skatetron580

• Rep: -12
« Reply #850 on: September 18, 2022, 07:47:10 PM »
been skating this paved trail spot by the water with my son lately just going fast and hitting one tree root bump... we go at the perfect time when it's like 65 degrees

vinithebr

• Rep: -19
« Reply #851 on: September 18, 2022, 09:48:58 PM »
There was a big party going on at my local so I decided to visit a skatepark I haven't been to in ages, turns out it's reformed, 10/10 cement, 10/10 sloped rail and 2 tiny manny pads.
There are long and slightly curved benches but I don't know what's up with those, I ignored how dry it looked and tried to crook it and part of it chipped off, maybe it's actually just there for people to sit on I don't know.
Half of the place is still closed but I think it's just gonna be a big and very shallow bowl, either way I'll be going back there just for that sloped rail.

cilantro

• Rep: 44
  • human bean
« Reply #852 on: September 19, 2022, 07:29:24 AM »
Yesterday I went out to the local I’ve been going to for almost 10 years, rolled around and kept it easy. I’m 26 and have had a knee surgery so it took a while to feel warmed up but damn, it felt so good. Occasionally I’ll tweak my knee and have to put the board down for a month or two  but I’ve been lucky recently, legs are feeling stronger, pops getting higher again, Learning new technical tricks and feeling progress on all fronts. felt like it’s been too long since I’ve had this energy

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #853 on: September 19, 2022, 12:32:26 PM »
hurt myself

kabi

« Reply #854 on: September 20, 2022, 10:28:56 AM »
went to a local park the other day and was too pussy to roll in (the whole park is pretty much just a short but really steep bowl) but i was the only person who had a clean shuvit

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1278
« Reply #855 on: September 20, 2022, 10:48:55 AM »
wanted a shwick-krrrrrpop
ended up with skkrrrrrra ffftttthhhh oooo

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #856 on: September 23, 2022, 06:44:49 AM »
Hadn’t skated in about a year due to herniated discs in my lower back.

Landed a kickflip first try on flat then followed up by throwing my back out again ollieing up a curb.

Fuck this shit, I’m retiring. I can do 5 days a week of intense BJJ and everything’s fine, I’m more flexible and stronger than ever, yet I fuck myself up ollieing up a curb without even falling.

Had a hell of a run and lots of fun but my back can’t take it anymore and I’m over it.

RIP my skate career. 1999-2022.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 06:52:32 AM by TheBoognish »

Boog

• Rep: 202
« Reply #857 on: September 23, 2022, 06:54:55 AM »
Skated some flat in my garage last night. It was hard because we only have one overhead light right in the middle of the ceiling and it casts shadows over your board when you roll a certain way.

It was also fun in a way because you have to just trust that you're going to land on the board after blindly doing a trick.

It reminded me of going out night skating with my friends when I was a kid. Miss those days so much. :'(

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1510
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #858 on: September 23, 2022, 07:39:17 AM »

Landed a kickflip first try on flat then followed up by throwing my back out again ollieing up a curb.

Fuck this shit, I’m retiring. I can do 5 days a week of intense BJJ and everything’s fine, I’m more flexible and stronger than ever, yet I fuck myself up ollieing up a curb without even falling.

Had a hell of a run and lots of fun but my back can’t take it anymore and I’m over it.

Sorry to hear about your back.

At its worst, one time I threw out my back unplugging a vacuum cleaner when I was working as a housekeeper in an old folks home in 2000-2001. I was laid out on the carpet face down for a bit until the pain stopped being so intense and absolutely no one came to my aid.

Hope one day your back decides to stop being a jerk.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #859 on: September 23, 2022, 07:55:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Sorry to hear about your back.

At its worst, one time I threw out my back unplugging a vacuum cleaner when I was working as a housekeeper in an old folks home in 2000-2001. I was laid out on the carpet face down for a bit until the pain stopped being so intense and absolutely no one came to my aid.

Hope one day your back decides to stop being a jerk.

Thanks friend.

Back pain has been a staple of mine since I’m 18 (i’m almost 34 now). I’d be fine for a few years and then boom, it would start again for a couple weeks. It’s been much worse in the last 3 years where it happens every year.

Your vaccuum story is exactly what happened to me last year, bent over to plug in my PS4 controller and the damn thing just gave out. Fell forward and stayed on my living room floor for half an hour in crazy pain before I could crawl to my couch. I was messed up bad for 3 months, had to walk with a cane and everything. That was by far the worst pain I’ve ever been in, so bad I thought I was going to throw up.

This time isn’t so bad since BJJ has kept me in really good shape, but I’m just bummed it happened again.

Getting old sucks.

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 299
« Reply #860 on: September 23, 2022, 08:11:55 AM »

I've dealt with back issues on and off for the last 12 years, specifically with my L3-L4. It was part of the reason I decided to start doing weight training and jump roping. My chiropractor recommended it for years but I just started getting serious about it back in June. I do a lot of exercises that target my core and it has made a huge difference. Went to one of the local parks with my nephew on Tuesday evening and I was pleasantly surprised by how well I skated. My back didn't hurt like it used to and I had significantly more stamina than I did the last time I skated, which was a few months back. I'm only 35, but I plan on skating for as long as my body physically lets me. Watching guys like Reynolds, AVE, and Mariano has definitely motivated me to keep it going. That and I just genuinely love skateboarding. Even when I reach the point where I can't physically skate, I don't think I'll ever stop keeping up with it.

SquintinTarantino

• Rep: 28
« Reply #861 on: September 23, 2022, 08:22:41 AM »
Skated a miniramp the other day. Did a fakie smith that hung up. Tried to bail, but my front foot stuck to the board so I ended up falling straight to the bottom.  Hit down so hard that I thought I shit my pants.  That ended the session right there

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
« Reply #862 on: September 23, 2022, 08:33:09 AM »
Had my first "proper" session in almost three weeks due to lung surgery. I had a few manny only sessions earlier this week but today I got to do my full routine and was stoked to get all my tricks quickly, including a few lines. Plus the manny only sessions helped me getting better at nose, fakie and switch mannies, which is a plus.

I feel like -> It's kinda hard to imagine, like Kanye West coming back from his fatal accident to beatmakin' and rappin' (The Game, Start From Scratch)
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

dstrytruitt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 120
« Reply #863 on: September 23, 2022, 08:52:19 AM »
Had a fun 90-minute session on my 2.5x12' garage mini yesterday. Planning to repeat that today. Quit the booze a week ago so no hangovers are helping me skate longer. Sleep adjustment from not being loaded nearly every night is still a bitch though. Overall, working from home this week kinda rules.

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #864 on: September 23, 2022, 09:16:26 AM »
shuv it shuv it no comply 180

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #865 on: September 23, 2022, 10:00:07 AM »
Skated a kinked curb, really fun but hard. Got a boardslide up it (flat, kink, flat, height of ledge on top) tried to get my friend to film a rolling long lens angle of it, got absolutely worked. Took 3 slams, tweaked my ankle, bounced off my knee on the ledge, and finally came down straight on my tailbone on the kink. Miraculously I was okay and kept trying, almost got a feeble up it too. Friend nose slid it like a little hubba, that was rad.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
« Reply #866 on: September 23, 2022, 10:03:04 AM »
skated an indoor. reactivated my swell bow on a mini ramp, tried to pump from flat to to vert with no pads or helmet. Got scared and vowed to come back even harder next week (ie just learn to kneeslide on pads I bought last year and have never used)
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #867 on: September 24, 2022, 05:39:55 PM »
New deck, new you feeling. Thought I was losing it, just needed some fresh pop and not an orange top ply.

Tommy G

• Rep: -11
« Reply #868 on: September 24, 2022, 08:24:44 PM »
Got my first workout in weeks, went to my local to warm up, and headed to downtown to skate for a while. I started at a crusty bank with a nollie bs 180 then moved on since it was too dark outside. Drove to the parking garage a few blocks away that has a bunch of parking blocks and a nice yellow manny pad/curb that ranges from 5-15 feet long on each side. I put my Tensors back on and they grinded like butter on all the concrete, my only gripe was the click that the bushings make, they sound like my knees cracking haha. Got some boardslides, 50-50's, slappy noseslides and tailslides. I tried 5-0 but the rounded off crust on the curb pushed me off after grinding a few feet. I'm brand new to frontside slappies and felt like I was getting close to getting both trucks on. It feels like a weird frontside carve with a lot of force. Anyways, I had a lot of fun just grinding and sliding and was happy to be out there.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 465
« Reply #869 on: September 25, 2022, 07:53:06 PM »
Cleaned up glass from broken bottles and trash  for hours at the local skatepark and the school beside it that my son attends. Some punk kids gonna get a swift backhand for this bullshit.

Was too bummed out after to put any effort into skateboarding. At least 2 scooter kids, a biker and another skate bro helped out a lot. Might even be cleaner now than before since we swept out tons of rocks and sand too.