Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 66517 times)

SatanicPanic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #930 on: November 08, 2022, 09:47:37 AM »
I went to the new curb spot. I’m stoked cause it’s lit at night. But someone took a huge dump right on the sidewalk and the smell was overpowering. Not so fun.

m path

• Rep: -51
« Reply #931 on: November 08, 2022, 10:24:34 AM »
I went to the new curb spot. I’m stoked cause it’s lit at night. But someone took a huge dump right on the sidewalk and the smell was overpowering. Not so fun.
  That's satanic tho. 
"You used to speak the truth but now you're clever"

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 145
« Reply #932 on: November 08, 2022, 01:45:42 PM »
After 20+ years of skating I finally understood back tails and last session I just went in full speed (still painfully slow) and got some in a line. Felt very very satisfying.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #933 on: November 08, 2022, 03:09:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
  That's satanic tho.
True. A shit from the depths of hell

Tommy G

• Rep: -11
« Reply #934 on: November 10, 2022, 08:08:14 PM »
Back to the parking garage again. Brought my flatbar with me. Got a couple of parking block slides in and manuals before I decided to learn how to switch ollie up a curb. Didn’t take too long and it felt solid. I moved onto my flatbar and got a 50-50 and boardslides before I started to relearn crooks again. I landed about three of them, one almost primo’d, second one was passable but I slightly turned on the push out and tapped the side of my board on the tail but my landing was clean, third one was a better nudge out but I was on two wheels for a bit. A couple came in while I was skating and the girl asked if I could do a couple of tricks. I rifled off a front shuv, boardslide and manual in a line before they headed off but she was happy with it. I’m starting to lose kickflips again. I think I just need to warm up with a few while I’m feeling fresh and then put them aside for the rest of the session. Hopefully the new kicks will help a bit too.

caked

• Rep: -30
« Reply #935 on: November 11, 2022, 08:19:05 AM »
two sessions ago, Susie Heath showed up to the park and I got to meet her! first pro I've ever met/seen skate IRL.
She's so talented and an immensely nice human being. working on getting fakie ollies back.

session last night was quick and just a stress reliever. sucks getting to the local at 515pm and only being able to skate an hour because it's so dark now (with only one streetlamp/flood light providing light after sunset). was surprised several skaters pulled up after I did, they must have better eyesight in the dark than I do!

Paperclip20

• Rep: 139
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #936 on: November 11, 2022, 08:44:12 AM »
Skated the spot me and some friends share with a few guys I don't see often mainly due to skating at different times and different styles (Ledge skating vs transition). Learned Nose grabs and Indy off of our kicker so I'm stoked. Everyone ripped. Solid time.

Banned from the room

« Reply #937 on: November 11, 2022, 03:46:18 PM »
I nose slid the high ledge today. I'm on a tear with everything regular except kick flips. I have no idea what is wrong. I land primo almost always. Cab is my move rn.  I can pivot 5 sometimes.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 465
« Reply #938 on: November 11, 2022, 08:29:12 PM »
Back to the parking garage again. Brought my flatbar with me. Got a couple of parking block slides in and manuals before I decided to learn how to switch ollie up a curb. Didn’t take too long and it felt solid. I moved onto my flatbar and got a 50-50 and boardslides before I started to relearn crooks again. I landed about three of them, one almost primo’d, second one was passable but I slightly turned on the push out and tapped the side of my board on the tail but my landing was clean, third one was a better nudge out but I was on two wheels for a bit. A couple came in while I was skating and the girl asked if I could do a couple of tricks. I rifled off a front shuv, boardslide and manual in a line before they headed off but she was happy with it. I’m starting to lose kickflips again. I think I just need to warm up with a few while I’m feeling fresh and then put them aside for the rest of the session. Hopefully the new kicks will help a bit too.

Switch ollie up a curb. I like that idea. Mine is so piss poor and that seems like a good way to force me to improve it. That or bust out the old broomstick to switch ollie over like when I learned how to regular ollie 25 years ago. My switch 180s are acceptable considering I never do anything switch or nollie but something about a straight-up switch ollie eludes me.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
« Reply #939 on: November 11, 2022, 11:09:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Switch ollie up a curb. I like that idea. Mine is so piss poor and that seems like a good way to force me to improve it. That or bust out the old broomstick to switch ollie over like when I learned how to regular ollie 25 years ago. My switch 180s are acceptable considering I never do anything switch or nollie but something about a straight-up switch ollie eludes me.

I‘ve been practicing switch ollies and got one over a small manhole cover (only just made it) but up a curb is another story. I got switch pop shuvs on lock, surprisingly.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #940 on: November 13, 2022, 12:07:49 PM »
Not a good session today.
3 hours of time before it gets too dark. I can't handle time pressure sometimes, that stresses me.
Struggled one hour to do a sketchy varial heel into a super mellow bank. Looked at the footy and was even more disappointed at myself.
I want to get at least one good clip when I get out to skate the streets with my homies and the camera.
Maybe I am putting too much pressure on myself?

It should be fun but today didn't felt like that much fun.
Hated my homies, hated my shoes, hated my wheels.
Will switch my wheels before the next session.

Tuesday was a pretty good session, but that was in my local park.
IG: @flowterspace

FUBAR

• Rep: 247
« Reply #941 on: November 13, 2022, 04:15:52 PM »
Had an appointment about an hr and a half from my house. I found a skate park nearby on Waze and it took me to a merry place. Had the park to myself and skated for almost three hours. There was like a 4” high curb/ledge someone had brought…I skated that the most and realized I need to make one like that. The slappy curbs coming off the mellow a frame were fun too.

signtime

• Rep: 1
  • Big Mountain Snowskating!
« Reply #942 on: November 14, 2022, 02:33:39 PM »
Snowskating at Mt Hood for preseason! The mountain was only open for 3 days because conditions got really raw.

Very fun for snowskate when it gets like that because it's all knobby and firm and there are a lot of exposed rocks and logs to jib. It has more of a giant concrete flow park feel than a ski resort feel.

Was carnage though. Lots of people taking rides on the ski patrol toboggan.

Banned from the room

« Reply #943 on: November 14, 2022, 02:41:26 PM »
I keep forgetting to bring wax to start the new curb. I been skating flat and doing stalls there every day for months. It's definitely my spot and the locals are cool with it after seeing my Pro AF behavior.

Today I was doing various 80 up a sidewalk then a quick footed stall on the top curb - 270 out -trick off the lower curb. Super fun way to basically do a 900 kinda.

I'm going to add manuals so it's just one little combo.I'm going to wax the top curb and part of the sidewalk curb.

I like to back 80 off and clip my front truck like a switch bs 5 oh. You know like Ollie oop- case the curb. Mmm mmm good

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #944 on: November 17, 2022, 02:15:45 AM »
Finally got back out today for a decent session. Wire brushed and waxed up the entire length of the rusty steel coping on the long ass ledge, then worked on trying to see how much of it I could 50-50. Got about halfway. It's pretty long, I estimate maybe 50 feet. I'll measure it tomorrow cause I am curious to know its exact dimensions. I could roll in on the steep ass bank and just charge it but feels like I will eat shit super hard. I just kickturn 3/4 of the way up then attack with moderate speed but it's definitely not fast enough. Got a decent little line too, front nose down the round bar (it's still on flat but angled) fs 5-0 ledge, rock fakie then half cab nose little pop out on the start of the same ledge. Worked on 360 flips for a while then got mad and decided to try 360 shoves instead which felt better. Should have them tomorrow. Really wanted to try to lock into a few fs crooked grinds but that trick is fucking stupid. I think I'll focus on half-cab crooked grinds instead which seem easier to me than straight-up crooks for the same reason my half-cab noseslide is infinitely better than my bs noselide. Might try to re-learn bs 180 nosegrinds also. backside 5050s too if I'm not being a big pussy baby cause I know I can do them. I could kickflip bs 5050 this damn ledge when I was in my 20s so no excuses...

Paperclip20

• Rep: 139
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #945 on: November 17, 2022, 07:37:06 AM »
Had an appointment about an hr and a half from my house. I found a skate park nearby on Waze and it took me to a merry place. Had the park to myself and skated for almost three hours. There was like a 4” high curb/ledge someone had brought…I skated that the most and realized I need to make one like that. The slappy curbs coming off the mellow a frame were fun too.

Is this the weird fenced in tennis court park like 20-30 minutes outside of Philly? Ended up there randomly a few years ago while visiting friends in the area.

vicious cycle

• Rep: 166
« Reply #946 on: November 27, 2022, 08:31:00 AM »
35,5°F / 2°C
I had 2 Hoodies and a Windbreaker on but warming up was a big hassle today.. it almost took me the whole session to get some feeling in my toes too. And I forgot my gloves.
So I just played arround basically. Tried to boardslide the complete flatbar, arround 3.5 meters but only made it 3/4 .
Learned bs bigspin on a quarterpipe. Pretty sketch but I was stoked. My kickflips coming slowly back to "normal".
That's a big plus for boosting my confidence overall.
Played a game of skate against myself to keep my basics going. Nobody wants to skate in the cold with me. But I had the whole park for myself so that's something I guess.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 08:52:40 AM by vicious cycle »
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -619
« Reply #947 on: November 27, 2022, 09:05:07 AM »
Couldn't commit to a trick i 100% could have landed first go

That's the way she goes
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
« Reply #948 on: November 27, 2022, 09:06:48 AM »
I had not one but two sessions today. Despite the forecast it was sunny (but cold). I broke in my new deck and wheels on the parking lot with some flatground, and in the afternoon went to the slappyspot. As acherry on top I set up the flatbar and had some fun. Tried to learn lipslides but they are so scary. Came close tho, it‘s all in the mind.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

BallparkFrank

• Rep: 11
« Reply #949 on: November 27, 2022, 06:12:37 PM »
Skated with my roommate best friend, a cool crisp sunny late autumn day

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #950 on: November 27, 2022, 06:18:39 PM »
Got to the park, tried a bs bigspin, landed to heavy on the tail and snapped my shit. I’m no stranger to flatground board breaks but never on a bigspin. It’s sort of a light footed trick. Whatever, I’m ballin’ so I got hella decks on deck. I’ll skate again soon.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

vinithebr

• Rep: -19
« Reply #951 on: November 27, 2022, 06:37:00 PM »
Went to a skatepark with a unsackable downrail that isn't steep and managed to back board it, first time ever skating something like this so I'm stoked.

It was much easier than I expected too, the impact when landing was annoying but at least I felt pretty stable.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #952 on: November 27, 2022, 07:21:52 PM »
Waited til everyone left and tried to learn boardslides. It did not go well. It's funny, I can do front boards well enough but can't do a regular backside one to save my life. I always tell myself not to waste time trying to learn new tricks and just focus on the handful of tricks I have, or at most relearn something I could do at one point in my life. Having said that, next year I'm finally going to get around to learning 360 flips and crooked grinds. Tomorrow I will re-learn fs tailslides and/or bs 5-0s. Trying to set achievable goals so I can have a bit of progression and not feel so stagnant or unfocused. Baby steps seem to be the key though. A few years back when I tried to really get back into skateboarding again I just went all out and got wrecked pretty badly. Lost all confidence and then gave it up again until this summer. Skateboarding is weird but I love it.

This kook didn't even try to learn either ledge trick and had the worst session yesterday. Granted I wasted all my energy moving stupid boxes the lame bmx'ers left in front of my beloved ledge. Had way more fun playing with a paper airplane my son found than skateboarding. At least joy and fun were had somehow.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 07:28:22 PM by Steely Daniel »

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1278
« Reply #953 on: December 12, 2022, 05:38:06 AM »
landed a few skkrpop tings

and fthttttunkd some wonky ledge/gutter

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #954 on: December 12, 2022, 08:35:53 AM »
Went to the local indoor park because the weather's been awful for weeks and got some decent fatty to flatty tres. Also saw a blader and a skater, both in their 30s, exchange blows over who snaked who. Some legit "what year is this" shit.

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 299
« Reply #955 on: December 12, 2022, 09:36:51 AM »
Out of the all of the flip tricks that I have, sw fs flips have always eluded me. I have a good sw flip and sw fs 180, but I've always struggled to put them together. Got to the park on Friday afternoon (I work a 9/80 schedule so I had this last Friday off) and I made the decision to dedicate the last half of my session to getting at least one sw fs flip. I went through so many different foot placements for the front and back foot. After throwing them around for an hour and getting frustrated, I said fuck it, I'm going to put my feet in the same position that I use for switch ollies and see what happens. It ended up flipping perfectly and I landed right on it and slipped out because I was not expecting to land on it. Threw those around for another 15 minutes and finally rolled away from one perfectly. I always thought that it required the front to be pointed and hanging off for it work, but I found that it requires more of your foot to be on the board so that it can get that lift with a flick at the last second.

TL/DR I finally figured out sw fs flips and I'm stoked.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -415
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #956 on: December 12, 2022, 04:00:06 PM »
Pissed all over the inside of me pants and it was freezing out, stayed out and had a good time regardless

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -619
« Reply #957 on: December 12, 2022, 04:02:14 PM »
Pissed all over the inside of me pants and it was freezing out, stayed out and had a good time regardless

damn dude that's fucked up
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #958 on: December 13, 2022, 02:53:54 AM »
Ate an obscene amount of food, chips, hummus, cereal, and mango Chile suckers while waiting for my dinner to be ready, then I ate that: veggie burger on sourdough English muffin with sundried tomato tepenade, and home made potato wedges (yes I was stoned). Told myself I’d go out skating so I did, 34 degrees out and by the end it was down to 30 and I was soaked. Walked to the spot and didn’t feel that cold, felt sluggish from all the food though. Double sided red curb, paint was super brittle, I assume from being pelted with rain for days on end. Got it going and ran through my warm ups, Slappy feeble, Slappy crook, “nollie” lip, switch board. Tried Slappy feeble to 5-0, but it would just spit me off the curb immediately. Also current board has a shorter wheelbase so felt a little off. After that I was messing with this corner curb where I was doing a little wallie up to bs 5-0, eventually started just wallie-ing it and I was surprised how much air I was getting off it. So did a little line, wallie, fs slap this curb that’s so straight up I swear it’s like “over vert”, then no comply 180. Felt good. Ended by skating a manny pad and parking block across the street. Did a nose stall to pull over on the other side, but a huge crack and blind bumps made it super hard to roll away (maybe I should bondo them? :p)
Walked home sweating through 3 layers and a beanie, felt good.
Sprayed a curb at a church but stopped before I wanted to because I saw a cop slowing down and turning in. So I gtfo’d and went home for a shit shower shave.

ExpensiveHandjoe

• Rep: 22
« Reply #959 on: December 13, 2022, 04:49:24 AM »
hit my ribs and my hand on a flat rail down at the old skatepark
starting to think im too old to skate during winter
love you all