Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 67907 times)

BurgerCop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #1530 on: July 20, 2023, 10:21:46 AM »
Been raining like a bastard so I did a stationary flatground session in my garage.

Dude, I fucking can't skate standing still. I can barely keep an ollie under me if I'm stationary, and flip tricks are out of the question. I don't understand how people do it.
The only thing that was easier standing still was switch kickflips.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
« Reply #1531 on: July 20, 2023, 10:28:03 AM »
Bittersweet. My kickflips are getting uglier by the day, on the flipside, I got my fs flips back.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

MC3

• Rep: 142
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #1532 on: July 20, 2023, 09:47:23 PM »
Realized that every time I skate doesn't have to be a big physical/mental battle of progression. Brought my new cruiser to the park to see what I can get away with on it. Was fun to try normal tricks on the big board with big wheels. Also just enjoyed the day with friends at the park.

Fyi extremely big wheels is the cheat code for wallies. Damn thing felt like a monster truck
(Cool Trick GIF)

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 540
« Reply #1533 on: July 25, 2023, 04:21:40 PM »
Had a really fun session skating makeshift spots in an industrial park on Sunday.  Today I tried to skate my little manny pad, but it wasn’t working out.  Then three sketchy old men came over to smoke and I immediately got out of there. 

It’s funny because in my younger days I loved an audience, usually got me juiced to land shit.  Now that I’m older with anxiety and things I don’t want stolen, nothing ruins a sesh for me quite like unwanted spectators.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 215
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1534 on: July 25, 2023, 08:58:52 PM »
fell on my arse, still limping...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 468
« Reply #1535 on: July 25, 2023, 10:35:46 PM »
Went to the same old place and did the same old noseslides.

Ever since I got fs noses on the round bar locked down I mess them up all the time on the ledge now. Go figure.

It was nice to get out there though.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1536 on: July 25, 2023, 11:30:05 PM »

Ever since I got fs noses on the round bar locked down I mess them up all the time on the ledge now. Go figure.

FS Noseslide on a round bar? That sounds gnarly to me.
why come?

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1537 on: July 26, 2023, 07:35:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

FS Noseslide on a round bar? That sounds gnarly to me.

I mean yeah maybe if I could sit on it like Lizard King down Hollywood 16 or the very underrated backwards flex-fit hat + chain workhorse skater Paul Machnau's ender in RDS/FSU/2002.  Seriously look it up...

You just gotta get past the fear of overshooting into a fs boardslide which can be brutal on a ledge too if you're going fast and get all tangled up and fall backwards. Or alternatively not committing your full weight onto the nose and just slapping down some failed little rail spank. I finally found somewhere in between with a consistent little 1-foot rail plink to start infinite failed lines or two-piece combos...

It's the only other rail trick I have apart from fs boardslides. I can't even do normal boardslides and never 5050'd a rail lol. I'm definitely a weirdo though.

thetrashisright

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1538 on: July 26, 2023, 07:50:48 AM »
There was some guy with a Pennywise hat (the band, to be clear) and a Come And Take It shirt with a rifle on it. He wasn't even skating, was just sitting at the park like a fucking creep while there was a youth skate day camp happening. Most Pennywise-fan thing you could be doing, fake punks.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 674
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #1539 on: July 27, 2023, 02:09:29 AM »
Tried FS 50-50 FS shove-it for the first time
Took me 3 tries to learn them

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1540 on: July 27, 2023, 02:16:14 AM »
Did you tucked you knee while rolling away?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 674
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #1541 on: July 27, 2023, 02:30:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Did you tucked you knee while rolling away?
Knees were operating as usual
Arms flailing like crazy though

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #1542 on: July 27, 2023, 03:28:46 AM »
When I got to the spot, it was raining. Cruised around with my rain board for an hour and then the rain stopped and the spot was dry, called the homie he should move his ass over.

3rd session with a new deck, 1st session with new shoes.
I hate all new skate stuff, except for bearings and bolts.

Board felt too stiff, shoes felt too stiff and grippy.

Played it safe and did my usual basic tricks and chatted with the homie about life and all that stuff.

Next session should be better.
IG: @flowterspace

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #1543 on: July 27, 2023, 10:16:42 AM »
Rolled my ankle 6 weeks ago and went out today.

It still kinda hurts. I had the worst session. I could do all my slappy tricks but no flip tricks. Couldn't even Heelflip. I think it's because it still hurts and I'm afraid of taking myself out again for another few weeks that I didn't fully commit.

Bummed
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1544 on: August 02, 2023, 11:45:57 PM »
Had such a great session at the park tonight. I was coming close to my little 2 piece line I've been working on for ages it feels like. Frontside nose on a slanted round rail then bs 180 nosegrind end of the ledge. A BMXer dude who I had beef with not even long ago lit the park up for me cause it was getting fully dark and a couple of other people with vehicles there followed suit. It was pretty rad to get support from people who I wasn't even cool with like a month ago. Kept trying until I got a pretty good one that I was satisfied with after not too too long. When I got home another old dude who just started coming out again sent me a screengrab of it he captured while filming himself which was kinda cool too as I wasn't really trying to film it but it's nice to have a little memory of a good session. I like how it shows the small-town park dynamic too. We all roll/drink together and encourage each other no matter what your wheeled device of choice is.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1545 on: August 02, 2023, 11:48:20 PM »
Lately they have been the same: Testing 2 new cameras I got, chillin' a lot with my homies and not skating that much but when I do everything (which is not much) works and feels great.
Can't complain.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

FUBAR

• Rep: 249
« Reply #1546 on: August 03, 2023, 02:58:37 AM »
Had park to myself at 2pm on a weekday. Nice, quiet and relaxing. Till soccer mom pulled up and blasted all of the latest Taylor Swift songs from her Jeep while her kids team had soccer practice right next to where I was skating.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 820
« Reply #1547 on: August 03, 2023, 03:06:40 AM »
it was cool

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1548 on: August 03, 2023, 04:16:46 AM »
Had such a great session at the park tonight. I was coming close to my little 2 piece line I've been working on for ages it feels like. Frontside nose on a slanted round rail then bs 180 nosegrind end of the ledge. A BMXer dude who I had beef with not even long ago lit the park up for me cause it was getting fully dark and a couple of other people with vehicles there followed suit. It was pretty rad to get support from people who I wasn't even cool with like a month ago. Kept trying until I got a pretty good one that I was satisfied with after not too too long. When I got home another old dude who just started coming out again sent me a screengrab of it he captured while filming himself which was kinda cool too as I wasn't really trying to film it but it's nice to have a little memory of a good session. I like how it shows the small-town park dynamic too. We all roll/drink together and encourage each other no matter what your wheeled device of choice is.

That‘s an awesome picture: you doing a great trick but all dudes in the corner looking into a mobile phone, missing the action going on in front of them.
why come?

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1549 on: August 03, 2023, 05:24:02 AM »
The people in the front are looking at dslr footage and the rest of them are probably just talking to each other. Most of them are pretty young. Probably got tired of watching me try the same tricks. I don't really like when everyone is watching me skate anyway. Either way, I thought it was nice that the person who initiated lighting up the park for me, the only person still skating, had no real reason to give a fuck but went out of their way to do a nice thing. Not sure if I even landed this one. An old friend who I hadn't seen there in ages reached out and sent me this low-quality screengrab but I liked how it looked. I guess he was filming himself doing some lip trick on this crusty little noping quarter everyone skates. It makes a silhouette that almost looks like an old torn photo at the bottom. And ironically the BMX guy with the lights is the most dark shadowy looking figure out of everyone.

Anyway, instead of being my usual curmudgeon self I've tried to be cool with everyone and not complain about their dogs or the shitty music they play etc. Even brought some park beers a few times. Almost all these people are awkward acquaintances I see every day and I'm trying to make it more bearable for everyone and apparently it's paying off. 2 part indulgent self-congratulatory shit post complete.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #1550 on: August 03, 2023, 08:03:51 AM »
Anyway, instead of being my usual curmudgeon self I've tried to be cool with everyone and not complain about their dogs or the shitty music they play etc. Even brought some park beers a few times.

this makes skating so much more fun

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
« Reply #1551 on: August 03, 2023, 12:43:34 PM »
Finally getting over my anxiety of skating around others. I normally stick to tennis court but the damn players have decided to use them since it’s summer.

Honestly, I see why there are no skaters on the streets in my town. We probably have one of the best DIYs in Ohio. I just pushed around, circling the park and no one paid attention to me. Someone even said they liked my Tiago’s.

Idk, just felt like I didn’t belong there since I don’t skate transition and can’t really do tricks. But it appears that as long as you keep moving/pay attention to the lines that others are doing, you’ll be fine.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #1552 on: August 03, 2023, 02:42:42 PM »
Had a killer session on Sunday. First in a skatepark, then at the underground Ikea parking lot.

I did a line with a fs 50 back 180 out on a ledge and when I landed on my board, my pinky toe pressed kinda hard against the inside of my fairly new shoes. It hurt a bit when that happened but I kept on skating for a few hours. Tuesday was, when I realized something feels weird with my right foot. Now my pinky toe hurts constantly and when I lift all my toes up from the ground, my whole foot hurts. Never had pain like that before and don't know if I should see a doctor about it.
Being 32 years old is really cool so far..
IG: @flowterspace

FUBAR

• Rep: 249
« Reply #1553 on: August 03, 2023, 03:58:01 PM »
Finally getting over my anxiety of skating around others. I normally stick to tennis court but the damn players have decided to use them since it’s summer.

Honestly, I see why there are no skaters on the streets in my town. We probably have one of the best DIYs in Ohio. I just pushed around, circling the park and no one paid attention to me. Someone even said they liked my Tiago’s.

Idk, just felt like I didn’t belong there since I don’t skate transition and can’t really do tricks. But it appears that as long as you keep moving/pay attention to the lines that others are doing, you’ll be fine.
Yes! It’s so rad you went…I felt the same way before just making myself go. “I’ll just be in the way” I told myself. I realized, like you said, keep it moving and stay out of the way and it’s smooth sailing. At the end of the day, we are all trying to skate. Hell, I’m 47 and look forward to skating with a couple dudes in their late 20s on my off Fridays…didn’t even know their names till like the fourth session. Keep going back!

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
« Reply #1554 on: August 03, 2023, 04:08:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Yes! It’s so rad you went…I felt the same way before just making myself go. “I’ll just be in the way” I told myself. I realized, like you said, keep it moving and stay out of the way and it’s smooth sailing. At the end of the day, we are all trying to skate. Hell, I’m 47 and look forward to skating with a couple dudes in their late 20s on my off Fridays…didn’t even know their names till like the fourth session. Keep going back!
Totally! I’ll keep going. I just realized that I’d probably get more judgmental glances at the tennis courts. At least at the park they understand what we’re trying to do. And going at an earlier time kinda had other skaters there who were just trying to improve too. Like no one was ripping around the park. And no one came up to me saying, “Do a kickflip.” 😆

OneMore

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1555 on: August 03, 2023, 07:57:10 PM »
Had a good time

switchfakie

« Reply #1556 on: August 03, 2023, 09:08:48 PM »
practiced back smith, front nose grind, backside flips, back bluntslide

backtails on transition

really good sesh man

thetrashisright

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1557 on: August 04, 2023, 05:00:09 AM »
Got warmed up then a BMX guy came and just monopolized the whole place. You'd start a line and he'd decide he wanted to do it but the opposite direction into you. Whatever. That's basically 80% of my experience with BMXers, I typically just leave as soon as they show up. We're bad enough at communication and consideration, then add a 25lb rocket.

Banned from the room

« Reply #1558 on: August 04, 2023, 05:52:29 AM »
I'm still angry at that guy who saw me slam.

Back 50s are dangerous. Mother fucker Is hip and was definitely trying to kook.
I haven't skated since because of the 2 shows this weekend. I don't wanna get hurt and have to jump around with a 11lb guitar two days in a row.
But yeah...
I'm really upset.

It feels like I'm 15 in a strange town and mofos have heard of my legend but I can only get on foot on the bloard on the basic ledge isms....

I thought you said he was good?

He usually is good at skating but clearly he's been doing mostly drugs and crimes lately.

ChipSuey

• Rep: 26
« Reply #1559 on: August 04, 2023, 07:15:54 AM »
Classic old head session in a park & ride lot- slappies on a shitty curb, someone drags a ledge they build, and games of skate with rules like "only 1 flip trick".