Author Topic: WBSWB Movement (Wide Board Short Wheelbase)  (Read 78402 times)

al_cvbrera

Re: WBSWB Movement (Wide Board Short Wheelbase)
« Reply #390 on: July 23, 2021, 07:51:50 AM »
Really excited to hear about how the boards feel after drilling the wheel base back.
for me, i hated this 8.5in welcome big bunyip shaped deck with a 14.5in wheelbase. it felt like a boat and was so sluggish. but since i moved the back trucks forward closer to the front trucks, it shortened the wheelbase to 14in, and it changed my opinion of this deck completely. its a game changer honestly. s/o to Will at my local shop for telling me about it

Murge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #391 on: July 23, 2021, 08:03:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Really excited to hear about how the boards feel after drilling the wheel base back.
[close]
for me, i hated this 8.5in welcome big bunyip shaped deck with a 14.5in wheelbase. it felt like a boat and was so sluggish. but since i moved the back trucks forward closer to the front trucks, it shortened the wheelbase to 14in, and it changed my opinion of this deck completely. its a game changer honestly. s/o to Will at my local shop for telling me about it

So you just did the back truck? And what made you decide back truck instead of front or splitting the difference? Sorry for the questions. I’m planning on getting one and really curious

spanyard

• Rep: 77
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #392 on: July 23, 2021, 08:26:17 AM »
I think i need to pick up that wb tool.  It'll probably make me regret selling off my bobby TT with the 14.4 wheelbase.  I coulda made that ting have a longer nose had I known about this tool a year ago...

al_cvbrera

« Reply #393 on: July 23, 2021, 08:43:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

So you just did the back truck? And what made you decide back truck instead of front or splitting the difference? Sorry for the questions. I’m planning on getting one and really curious
i did only the back truck because it makes for a quicker pop on the tail because of the lesser amount of distance the tail needs to travel to hit the ground. not only because of this, but because it isn't recommended to drill 0.25 inches next to the already existing drill holes. I drilled both sides 0.5inches closer but only moved the back truck up closer because if i did the same for the front trucks, i would have a 13.5inch wheelbase which is a bit too much. 14in is already pretty carvy/squirrelly as it is. if you want to move both trucks closer, you should get the 0.375in increments tool instead.

Uncle Jeffrey

• Rep: 36
« Reply #394 on: July 23, 2021, 09:15:12 AM »
Hmm, this has me intrigued for this board. The tail feels very short, measures almost exactly .5" shorter than the nose, so they would be roughly equal and would bring the wheelbase to just under 14.2"

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #395 on: July 23, 2021, 06:12:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Just got the Chems 3/8” WB mod tool. Testing it out on a 8.5 FA, 14.25 WB drilled the nose back 3/8” making it 13.875 WB. My ventures covered the old holes invade anyone was wondering. I plan to skate it tomorrow

[close]

Curious to hear what your nollies/switch poppers off the nose will be like now that the beak is longer and FA's noses are so goddamn steep - I wonder if it will make them easier... Report back pls.

Had my first session on it today. I haven’t skated a FA since they switched to generator so I don’t have a the best frame of reference to compare, but I felt like it skated totally normal. I really like it, sw/nollie felt good. Not the most in depth explanation I know but if anyone has specific questions just let me know.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #396 on: July 24, 2021, 01:03:24 PM »
Just got the Chems 3/8” WB mod tool. Testing it out on a 8.5 FA, 14.25 WB drilled the nose back 3/8” making it 13.875 WB. My ventures covered the old holes invade anyone was wondering. I plan to skate it tomorrow

Super curious about this outcome
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Torre

• Rep: -30
« Reply #397 on: July 25, 2021, 10:12:36 AM »
I skate Santa Cruz 8.8 usually but with the 14.25 wheelbase and 31.95 length and it’s fire. I have big feet and need a wide board but I don’t like the majority of boards around that width because the wheelbase is way too long. Wide wheelbases cause me to have more difficulty popping my tricks without ghost pop. The wide board with short wheelbase has honestly been clutch ever since I discovered them.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1056
« Reply #398 on: July 25, 2021, 07:03:17 PM »
I skate Santa Cruz 8.8 usually but with the 14.25 wheelbase and 31.95 length and it’s fire. I have big feet and need a wide board but I don’t like the majority of boards around that width because the wheelbase is way too long. Wide wheelbases cause me to have more difficulty popping my tricks without ghost pop. The wide board with short wheelbase has honestly been clutch ever since I discovered them.

Just saw this Jawn. Dressen has joined the movement...

https://socalskateshop.com/Santa-Cruz-Eric-Dressen-Seeker-Skateboard-Deck-9x3215.html#!?cc_decks=118398&c=cc_grip-tape

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #399 on: July 25, 2021, 09:25:49 PM »
Anyone got like a full review of skating the wknd MP shape?

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 273
« Reply #400 on: July 25, 2021, 11:43:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
i did only the back truck because it makes for a quicker pop on the tail because of the lesser amount of distance the tail needs to travel to hit the ground. not only because of this, but because it isn't recommended to drill 0.25 inches next to the already existing drill holes. I drilled both sides 0.5inches closer but only moved the back truck up closer because if i did the same for the front trucks, i would have a 13.5inch wheelbase which is a bit too much. 14in is already pretty carvy/squirrelly as it is. if you want to move both trucks closer, you should get the 0.375in increments tool instead.

genious..it does make sense. how long is the tail now?

FUBAR

• Rep: 235
« Reply #401 on: July 26, 2021, 04:14:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

https://socalskateshop.com/Santa-Cruz-Eric-Dressen-Seeker-Skateboard-Deck-9x3215.html#!?cc_decks=118398&c=cc_grip-tape
I’d double check on those measurements though…So Cal has been wrong on them quite a few times.

Fhk

« Reply #402 on: July 26, 2021, 05:05:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I’d double check on those measurements though…So Cal has been wrong on them quite a few times.
I believe that is the same as the Creature "stump" 9"
I just measured mine and the specs are the same.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #403 on: August 06, 2021, 05:50:06 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CSQC861JedW/?utm_medium=copy_link

New deal reissues coming in at 8.875 x 32 14wb. Shape looks very eggy and is apparently the exact era appropriate shape. Might have more concave considering it’s dwindle but possibly not. Definitely looks interesting

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1301
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #404 on: August 06, 2021, 06:27:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That Dressen board looks like a middle-aged B16 and I like it
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #405 on: August 06, 2021, 06:44:16 PM »
Just tried out my Chems WB tool for the first time, and it was nice and easy. I bought a $lave WarPig and re-drilled it from 14.5" to 14", 9.5" at the widest point. Going to set it up tomorrow and will post pics.

Fhk

« Reply #406 on: August 06, 2021, 07:04:02 PM »
Just tried out my Chems WB tool for the first time, and it was nice and easy. I bought a $lave WarPig and re-drilled it from 14.5" to 14", 9.5" at the widest point. Going to set it up tomorrow and will post pics.
Yes please report back! That tool definitely has my attention.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #407 on: August 07, 2021, 03:39:04 PM »
Crosspost from the big boy thread. The Chems tool is super easy and works well.

Slave War Pig 9.5", WB redrilled to 14"
Ace 44 classic, three washers inside each wheel, Indy super soft bottoms
Ace 1/8" risers and 1/16" shock pads
56mm F4 Conical Full
Jessup, Reds, Shorty's

I had ordered a Dane 1 but the shop doesn't seem to want to send it, so I got this as a consolation prize.

Redrilled the WB with the Chems tool since 14.5" is longer than I like. Also made my first sad attempt at a surf stripe. I got to skate it for an hour and so far I love it, feels good to have put the 44s on and not bugged out thinking I needed new trucks.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #408 on: August 07, 2021, 05:03:28 PM »
Just got a Quasi 8.5 with 14.25 wheelbase. Gonna run it on Ace 55's, stoked about this setup! I've been on 8.0-8.125 for the past year and while I love them, I mainly did it for the short WB.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #409 on: August 08, 2021, 02:31:18 AM »
enjoi football 9.125/31.6/14.2 wb
mellow concave / steep kick
looks good outside of the graphic

while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #410 on: August 08, 2021, 07:45:44 AM »
Damn I'm really considering swapping my 8.5 Quasibwith the 9 in Poolman Shape. 13.75 WB though... maybe too short
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #411 on: August 08, 2021, 09:49:27 AM »
The eternal paradox of enjoi, great riders getting bizarre graphics. Would love to try that shape though

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #412 on: August 08, 2021, 10:08:18 AM »
stuck between that enjoi, the madness egg, the regular 9 enjoi R7 popsicle and the dressen board for my thunder 151s.

Regardless I am allowing chinese woodshops into my life with open arms after countless good reviews on here

edit: Also as I don't ride aces or 159s it feels wrong for me but there are a couple Dane 1s on Parade right now. Do what you want with that. I'm gonna wait for the fall/winter drop
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 273
« Reply #413 on: August 08, 2021, 10:39:37 AM »
on the Wknd website, this deck is the 8.875VB with 14.25wb. one of their football/egg shape. but the wheelbase is actually 13.875 measured from center hole.

2pushSetUp

• Rep: 4
« Reply #414 on: August 11, 2021, 02:59:40 AM »
For all the UK heads (don't know if they distribute in US, but boards are made by pennswood and screenprinted in the UK) I've been skating 8.5 lovenskate boards for a while now. All decks have a 14" wheelbase.

There's a Jordan Thackeray pro model in a 8.75 that I've got my eyes on...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRtN4y0hLvA/

Shoebox

• Rep: 14
« Reply #415 on: August 11, 2021, 03:10:02 AM »
For all the UK heads (don't know if they distribute in US, but boards are made by pennswood and screenprinted in the UK) I've been skating 8.5 lovenskate boards for a while now. All decks have a 14" wheelbase.

There's a Jordan Thackeray pro model in a 8.75 that I've got my eyes on...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRtN4y0hLvA/

I just bought the hallford 8.5 yesterday, won’t be setting it up for a bit but I’m looking forward to it!

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #416 on: August 11, 2021, 03:53:04 AM »
pennswood 8.75 mold is one of my all time favorites

if i can find some in the us im stocking up

anyone got a link?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

al_cvbrera

« Reply #417 on: August 11, 2021, 07:17:27 AM »
https://www.chemsfb.com/product/wheelbase-mod dropping this here again. for the nerdzzzz

Shoebox

• Rep: 14
« Reply #418 on: August 13, 2021, 09:26:51 AM »
Just set it up, super stoked on the shape of it.
Lovenskate alex hallford
8.5 x 31 7/8
14 wb
Thunder 151
Blast wheels worn down to 51mm ish

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1439
« Reply #419 on: August 13, 2021, 12:51:12 PM »
Really pining for that piz egg but funds are loooooow