Author Topic: Cupsole Recommendations  (Read 35750 times)

fs1/2cab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
Cupsole Recommendations
« on: February 07, 2021, 10:48:16 AM »
I tried the search function, but maybe this could be a thread were we discuss comfy cupsole shoes. Kook me if there is already a topic for that.

What are you wearing?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 11:03:57 AM by fs1/2cab »
IG: @flowterspace

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
Re: Cupsole Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 10:54:19 AM »
Nike sb team classic and Adidas 3st.004. Both good for the feets

Gary Bucket

• Rep: 42
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 11:03:34 AM »
Adidas 3st.004. On my 3rd straight pair. TTS, decent width if needed but not tailored for wide feet I’d say

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 11:15:11 AM »
Adidas 3st.004. On my 3rd straight pair. TTS, decent width if needed but not tailored for wide feet I’d say

Always liked the looks of those crazy tech adidas cups, even the 3st.003. There's an all black pair on Nordstrom rack that are nice and affordable, it's tempting...

I am really interested in hearing how NB# cups skate (aside from the 440 hi, which I know are great). The 1010's are my cup of tea style wise but I wonder how they feel... I also like the look of the 913. Are they still making that shoe?
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2021, 11:24:10 AM »
Crockett highs
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Deletniez

• Rep: 7
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2021, 11:26:06 AM »
eS accel slim / accel slim plus are good if you can get them on sale. Same goes for the Lakai Manchester XLK. Stay away from the romero laced... unless you want heel bruises for days lol. I just got the Adidas Tyshawns and they feel super comfy & skate well so far.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2021, 11:32:18 AM »
eS accel slim / accel slim plus are good if you can get them on sale. Same goes for the Lakai Manchester XLK. Stay away from the romero laced... unless you want heel bruises for days lol. I just got the Adidas Tyshawns and they feel super comfy & skate well so far.

I am a believer of Manchester XLKs, currently on some ^^.
Didn't knew these are a cupsole. I never paid too much attention to my shoes in my younger years. Probably a reason why I have hip and ankle problems now. 
IG: @flowterspace

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2021, 12:05:16 PM »
I got the tyshawns on sale a while back and have skated them a bit now and I’m liking them way more than I thought. Feels really good for me when I don’t land flat ground tricks (which is most of the time). Feel slightly snug in the toe but I’d say still go tts

z_tx

• Rep: 26
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2021, 01:51:56 PM »
New Balance 1010, Adidas Tyshawn

Joe Davola

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2021, 01:56:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Always liked the looks of those crazy tech adidas cups, even the 3st.003. There's an all black pair on Nordstrom rack that are nice and affordable, it's tempting...

I’ve been wearing a pair of .004s for about a year and a half now. Great for everyday life.

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2021, 02:02:19 PM »
Good recommendations in here. Lots of people love the AVE pros, but they were a little narrow for me. Crockett/Crockett hi get rave reviews, tts when I tried them on.  I’ll have to snag some when I can find them on sale. I thought the Tyshauns were vulc, but I guess I’m wrong?

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 750
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2021, 02:16:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I am a believer of Manchester XLKs, currently on some ^^.
Didn't knew these are a cupsole. I never paid too much attention to my shoes in my younger years. Probably a reason why I have hip and ankle problems now.

Vouching for Lakai Manchester XLKs as well! Such a good shoe; a thinner cupsole but still has some ankle padding. Obviously needs some breaking in before skating though.

The Newport XLK is great as well if you want a slimmer cupsole without the ankle padding the Manchester XLK has.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2021, 02:18:00 PM »
Tyshawns are very cup....

flintstagram

• Rep: 80
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2021, 02:38:42 PM »
I would say if you get a chance, try the Emerica G6 sole. The G6 Reynolds is the greatest skate shoe I've ever had. Super comfy, well built. Unfortunately, they discontinued it when the boss left, and the only G6 cupsole on the market right now is the spanky g6, which isn't as padded as I like up top. Even more so than the padding though, I would destroy a shoelace pretty much every session. Those metal eyelets and my flick were not a good pairing.

Emerica keeps telling me they've got more G6 cups on the way, but they've been telling me that story for like the last year. I'm starting to feel misled. For real though, the G6 sole is the cupsole to get. I just keep waiting for that new stuff to come out.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2021, 03:21:47 PM »
Right now I'm skating the Adidas Copa Nationale and I'm loving them.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2021, 03:50:50 PM »
Love the AVE Pro but they are narrow. I like my pair of Lakai Carrolls too but it seems like opinion on those vary widely. Haven’t skated them yet, but the Spanky G6 feel good and can’t wait to get the Wino Slip G6.

And of course, Proper makes good feeling, affordable cupsoles

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2021, 03:59:58 PM »
The vans Kyle Walker pro (the first one) is pretty good. The cupsole lasts forever. The upper material isn‘t very good, but if you use shoe goo the shoe will last you for a very Long time. It‘s a very good shoe for wide feet.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2021, 04:16:13 PM »
tyshawns for availability
dunks if your lucky and/or rich
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2021, 06:29:59 PM »
Crockett highs
how's the toe paneling on these? One light sesh in my crockett lows and I've already made a noticeable flick mark.

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2021, 06:53:43 PM »
I have these white leather Liberty Cups that won’t give up and I can’t let them go.  I get the hang ups with the looks, but they really might be literally the most comfortable shoes I have worn.

I have some 440 Hi to skate next. Want to skate 1010s and Tyshawns. Will probably skate some $40 Liberty Cups. I can’t recommend Legacy Slims enough either.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2021, 07:08:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I am really interested in hearing how NB# cups skate (aside from the 440 hi, which I know are great). The 1010's are my cup of tea style wise but I wonder how they feel... I also like the look of the 913. Are they still making that shoe?

I can vouch for the 1010’s, skate great. They look kinda crazy online, but they are pretty slim in person or at least slimmer than I had in my mind. I have a pair of 440 hi’s, but just for going out in they feel a bit thin to skate for my personal preference. Like NBs cup soles a lot and haven’t skated anything else in 3 years.

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2021, 07:21:38 PM »
DC Lynx Zeros, and you can find them cheap.

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2021, 07:25:24 PM »
es contract.

Wear them about for a few weeks before skating, that helps with break in. They last long.

kimura

• Rep: 15
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2021, 08:06:15 PM »
Tyshawns look they would be perfect for me. I’ve been looking for a cup sole mid or high top. Those look spot on and the reviews are great. The all black ones are sold out everywhere in 11. I gotta have black soles. I might have to settle for grey.

Any other high top or mid cup soles I should check out?

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2021, 08:31:22 PM »

been skating these the last year, on my 5th pair. amazing cupsole thats normally available under $60

otherwise a lot of people like dunks, pretty solid shoe. adidas makes a lot of good cupsoles like the og busenitz, tyshawns etc

lakai, emerica, etnies have em too
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2021, 08:42:25 PM »
Marana Michelin

gsosa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2021, 08:44:37 PM »

been skating these the last year, on my 5th pair. amazing cupsole thats normally available under $60

otherwise a lot of people like dunks, pretty solid shoe. adidas makes a lot of good cupsoles like the og busenitz, tyshawns etc

lakai, emerica, etnies have em too
Can vouch for the Kalis S, seriously one of the best shoes out. My only concern would be the blowing out of the lace loops. The Legacy Slims are also fucking excellent.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2021, 09:01:21 PM »
Tyshawns look they would be perfect for me. I’ve been looking for a cup sole mid or high top. Those look spot on and the reviews are great. The all black ones are sold out everywhere in 11. I gotta have black soles. I might have to settle for grey.

Any other high top or mid cup soles I should check out?

https://proper-skateboarding.myshopify.com/products/cinex-mid-white

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2021, 09:14:55 PM »
ES swift or NB 420s!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Scott Chegg

• Rep: -5
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2021, 12:48:42 AM »
Nike sb team classic and Adidas 3st.004. Both good for the feets

Adidas 3st.004s are so comfortable will have to get another pair at some point. Adidas Campus ADVs are cupsoles right? If so then they’re great cupsoles