Author Topic: Cupsole Recommendations  (Read 37417 times)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
Re: Cupsole Recommendations
« Reply #510 on: October 09, 2023, 11:43:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone know how the Forum Low ADV compares to SB Dunks? I’m on a quest to find retro basketball inspired skate shoes with thick soles.

I love the New Balance 480 cause the forefoot isn’t thinned out. I know SB Dunks have less padding for board feel. So I’m hoping Forums have more. I own some Fastbreak Pros and they’re basically vulcs on the forefoot like the NB 440s.
[close]

The forum advs are so much chunkier than the Fastbreak pros it's not funny...fastbreaks went vulc 2nd session (still an awesome shoe tho); I don't skate dunks so can't compare.

ADVs are what I wanted for an 80s bball inspired cup - I'd say they fit nicely between the fastbreak and a 1010/808
[close]
Nice. I have the 808s, they take forever to break in snd run a little small. So I’m sure the Forum Lows will fit me better.

the ADVs fit true to size, I could not find a size in any 1010 or 808 that fit comfortably (9.5 too small, 10 too small, 10.5 major heel slipp/too big); they are no way as stiff as the tiagos.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 12:13:48 PM by Xen »

Hevonen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #511 on: October 10, 2023, 03:51:55 AM »
Are nyjah 3 zoom shoes any good? Saw them on sale for like 30$ and was thinking maybe I want to try something more comfortable than vulcs. Never seen them live and I'm sure they look as awful in person as in pics but don't really care about that right now

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #512 on: October 10, 2023, 04:10:35 AM »
Are nyjah 3 zoom shoes any good? Saw them on sale for like 30$ and was thinking maybe I want to try something more comfortable than vulcs. Never seen them live and I'm sure they look as awful in person as in pics but don't really care about that right now
They don't look that bad in person, could be worse.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #513 on: October 10, 2023, 07:05:18 AM »

They feel like a proper, gym trainer and if you don’t mind that look, it’s a great shoe; broken in out of the box, grippy, lost of cushioning in the heel/really comfy, upper is very accommodating for wide feet and it’s the most breathable shoe I’ve ever worn since the whole upper is essentially a mesh.

At that price, depending on colorway, it’s a steal.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #514 on: October 12, 2023, 09:08:12 AM »

$30? that's a straight buy for me

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #515 on: October 12, 2023, 09:18:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

$30? that's a straight buy for me
Saw the black/white ones for €40 with free shipping within UE
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #516 on: October 26, 2023, 12:25:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Is it possible to make a cupsole shoe a tiny bit longer?
Like 3mm? It seems like my left (back) foot is 3mm longer as my right (front) foot. If I size up half a size, the shoe feels way too long on my right foot.
[close]

i crammed my feet into cleats, into skate shoes, cycling shoes, etc. when i bought fancy boots i bought them in a small size.
looking back….i really don’t know how i got started on this. i never had some catastrophic slam to both shoes ejecting or anything, never had a shoe fly off. i’ve got narrow heels. most shoes slip in the back. i, somewhere in my late 30s, figured out that it’s better to have heel slip, than crunched toes. i promise. don’t do this to yourself. please. wear the bigger shoes. you’ll hate it. it will feel freaking gross.
and then it will not.
no more toe prisons

[close]

Seconding this. You get used to it and i'm skating better than ever with less pain.

Got some Josl1n's in a US 8 which would be half a size up for me, but maybe I squeezed my feet into too tight shoes for a very long time. I honestly don't know at this point. I had a lot of time to think about stuff. And both of you guys are right, although it is hard for me to accept that. And yeah, it feels gross and I kinda hate it. But my heel doesn't hurt now. Maybe my feet heal over time and I feel less pain overall. I don't know and I currently don’t know when I can skate the next time. Just had a small surgery in my left hip and the stitches stay in there for at least 3 more weeks. The shoes still feel like I have too much space in front of the shoes, pretty much a thumbs width (which a lot of people suggest for a normal toe space) but I am just not used to so much toe room. I will see how it feels in a few weeks. And a major shoutout to @DarkPools who was very friendly and helpful regarding shoe questions. Thanks slap pals.
IG: @flowterspace

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #517 on: February 03, 2024, 07:26:35 AM »
Anyone skated the accel slim mids as of recently. I am tempted to get a couple pairs to skate since they are on sale for 35 bucks. I have an older pair from about 6 yrs ago i wore as chillers that arent too bad. I guess the newer ones have tongue centering straps and the sti energy insole. Kind of want to skate a cupsole that's not too thick thats a mid and the old pair i have just hug my foot perfectly. Hoping someone has some info on them...good or bad

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #518 on: February 03, 2024, 10:57:11 PM »
Accel Slims in general here seem to get mixed reviews so it seems like if they work for you, you really like them, if they don't, then they don't. It seems very individual vs. a general big picture sentiment. So in my opinion, if you're interested and they're $35, fuck it - get a pair or two.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #519 on: February 03, 2024, 11:55:32 PM »
eS aren't worthy to spend $35 imo
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #520 on: February 04, 2024, 04:51:06 AM »
Accel Slims in general here seem to get mixed reviews so it seems like if they work for you, you really like them, if they don't, then they don't. It seems very individual vs. a general big picture sentiment. So in my opinion, if you're interested and they're $35, fuck it - get a pair or two.

Yeah man, I think it depends on the preferences. If you want a slim cupsole, those might work. I personally found they didn't offer enough protection for skating.
They were comfy though, especially if you have wider feet and heels. Could have worn them for everyday errands but I have enough shoes for those occassions.
IG: @flowterspace

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #521 on: February 04, 2024, 11:31:23 AM »

They 100% are though

The Silo SC, Quattro, and Swift/Accel Slim Plus models are fantastic shoes to skate if you spent $35 on them. That said, Es in general is hot and cold for quality - model specific is what I've observed.

Accel Slim Mid feels like a good thinner cupsole midtop. That toebox could be too narrow for some, which is one of its biggest flaws shared by people on/off Slap. Some may enjoy that if your foot fits that shape, though

As for the durability, it's mixed because I skated some Accel Slims and thoroughly enjoyed them for awhile, but some pairs went to dust real quick (6-7 total pairs skated).

That sole is on the thinner side so it could wear it on you real quick and be too boardfeely or you may dig that feel and may not wear on you to quick. I skated street often in them and noticed the rubber didn't last as long as the Accel OG. Also the suede on the slims is not as thick as the Accel OG. If they're leather, I can't speak on that
Super Champion Fun Zone

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #522 on: February 04, 2024, 12:29:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They 100% are though

The Silo SC, Quattro, and Swift/Accel Slim Plus models are fantastic shoes to skate if you spent $35 on them. That said, Es in general is hot and cold for quality - model specific is what I've observed.

Accel Slim Mid feels like a good thinner cupsole midtop. That toebox could be too narrow for some, which is one of its biggest flaws shared by people on/off Slap. Some may enjoy that if your foot fits that shape, though

As for the durability, it's mixed because I skated some Accel Slims and thoroughly enjoyed them for awhile, but some pairs went to dust real quick (6-7 total pairs skated).

That sole is on the thinner side so it could wear it on you real quick and be too boardfeely or you may dig that feel and may not wear on you to quick. I skated street often in them and noticed the rubber didn't last as long as the Accel OG. Also the suede on the slims is not as thick as the Accel OG. If they're leather, I can't speak on that

Thanks for all that info. Ya somehow my feet fit pretty good in the older pair i have from 6 or so years ago. Not sure if they changed any accept the insole and the tongue straps. I had a sesh out front in my old pair yesterday just to give them a test and they skated pretty good actually.mind you the pair i have is 6 yrs old and super broke. In and floppy just from walking around in them for so many yrs. I think im leaning more towards getting the 2 pairs for 35 bucks a piece than not getting them.

Cranberry Relish

• Rep: 25
« Reply #523 on: February 04, 2024, 03:26:50 PM »
https://www.zumiez.com/areth-loll-black-white-skate-shoes.html

Areth, on sale on Zumiez right now as well

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #524 on: February 04, 2024, 04:51:52 PM »

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #525 on: February 04, 2024, 08:09:24 PM »
Anyone skated the accel slim mids as of recently. I am tempted to get a couple pairs to skate since they are on sale for 35 bucks. I have an older pair from about 6 yrs ago i wore as chillers that arent too bad. I guess the newer ones have tongue centering straps and the sti energy insole. Kind of want to skate a cupsole that's not too thick thats a mid and the old pair i have just hug my foot perfectly. Hoping someone has some info on them...good or bad

They're a good shoe for $35 and you manage your expectations. They break in fast but lack the durability of the 2000s era models, the upper gets floppy fast. Stick with the suede / canvas ones and avoid the Everstitch / mesh models, I wore the Accel Slim Plus Everstitch and the upper and sole never broke in so the flick never felt right despite 3 months of wear.

The Swift 1.5 overshadows the Accel Slims with a more durable sole, overall stiffness and hidden lace loops.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 204
« Reply #526 on: February 05, 2024, 01:55:52 AM »
Can’t say about the mids, but bought a pair of regular slims.
Good to go straight out the box, insole seems decent.
Durability might be a issue, but fuck it, I’m a grown man with disposable income. Got them on sale anyway.

Added bonus is you can cosplay as Wade Desarmo

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #527 on: February 05, 2024, 05:28:12 AM »
I got some LR CM001s for $40 on the way.  Hope they're flat as fuck inside, as my NB440s kill my non existent arches

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #528 on: February 05, 2024, 08:33:40 AM »
I got some LR CM001s for $40 on the way.  Hope they're flat as fuck inside, as my NB440s kill my non existent arches
where for $40?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #529 on: February 05, 2024, 09:29:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
where for $40?

Check their site
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

FrenchSkater

• Rep: 28
« Reply #530 on: April 12, 2024, 03:22:53 AM »
I don't know which cupsole shoes to take next.. My best recent pairs have been the Etnies Joslin Michelin, so perfect and protect so much against shocks.. And, ESPECIALLY, a fairly thin and discreet style, not a big sneaker/style shoe. sport. I don't like big shoes, I don't feel comfortable, especially when I wear slim or straight pants, you can imagine the ridiculous style it makes with big shoes haha

Which shoes that protect very well with a classic and above all fine style, would you recommend ? I tried the Westgate 508 not long ago, but they were too sensitive for me with each impact against the ground. I would like to point out that I have been wearing orthopedic insoles since last summer, and these have done me good, a lot (I skated two pairs of joslins with them)

I wonder if vulcanized with orthopedic insoles would amount to protection like cupsoles but I don't think so..

I'm also thinking of the Emerica Gamma G6 but I should find them not too expensive and I don't know if they are as good as the Joslin, and I was disappointed with Emerica for the cupsoles, but it was with the Figgy Dose... I don't think they protect much haha

Thank you for the advice !

jwdharris

• Rep: -4
    • www.vimeo.com/jwdharris avatar image
« Reply #531 on: April 12, 2024, 03:30:46 AM »
Emerica Gamma G6 but I should find them not too expensive and I don't know if they are as good as the Joslin, and I was disappointed with Emerica for the cupsoles, but it was with the Figgy Dose... I don't think they protect much haha

Definitely go for it. Anything with that G6 cupsole is a good choice.

DanRar009

• Rep: 50
« Reply #532 on: April 12, 2024, 03:54:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Emerica Gamma G6 but I should find them not too expensive and I don't know if they are as good as the Joslin, and I was disappointed with Emerica for the cupsoles, but it was with the Figgy Dose... I don't think they protect much haha

[close]

I second this, been bouncing between the figgy g6 and the wino g6 cup. Both solid cupsoles with slim uppers

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 768
« Reply #533 on: April 12, 2024, 03:56:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone know how the Forum Low ADV compares to SB Dunks? I’m on a quest to find retro basketball inspired skate shoes with thick soles.

I love the New Balance 480 cause the forefoot isn’t thinned out. I know SB Dunks have less padding for board feel. So I’m hoping Forums have more. I own some Fastbreak Pros and they’re basically vulcs on the forefoot like the NB 440s.
[close]

The forum advs are so much chunkier than the Fastbreak pros it's not funny...fastbreaks went vulc 2nd session (still an awesome shoe tho); I don't skate dunks so can't compare.

ADVs are what I wanted for an 80s bball inspired cup - I'd say they fit nicely between the fastbreak and a 1010/808

is this true? i'm a vulc guy, i got some fastbreaks (2 pairs actually but ima keep one to chill in) and i can't skate in them, can't feel my board at all and they're slick. you think i should force a few more sessions in and they will feel better or should i hook a homie up with them?
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 539
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #534 on: April 12, 2024, 04:15:22 AM »
the Figgy Dose... I don't think they protect much haha

The figgy dose ruined my back whenever I wore them, the figgy g6 does the opposite.

As others have said the g6 as a cupsole base does wonders, really comfortable shoes in minimalistic designs.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #535 on: April 12, 2024, 04:38:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I second this, been bouncing between the figgy g6 and the wino g6 cup. Both solid cupsoles with slim uppers
spanlys

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #536 on: April 12, 2024, 05:19:27 AM »
I don't know which cupsole shoes to take next.. My best recent pairs have been the Etnies Joslin Michelin, so perfect and protect so much against shocks.. And, ESPECIALLY, a fairly thin and discreet style, not a big sneaker/style shoe. sport. I don't like big shoes, I don't feel comfortable, especially when I wear slim or straight pants, you can imagine the ridiculous style it makes with big shoes haha

Which shoes that protect very well with a classic and above all fine style, would you recommend ? I tried the Westgate 508 not long ago, but they were too sensitive for me with each impact against the ground. I would like to point out that I have been wearing orthopedic insoles since last summer, and these have done me good, a lot (I skated two pairs of joslins with them)

I wonder if vulcanized with orthopedic insoles would amount to protection like cupsoles but I don't think so..

I'm also thinking of the Emerica Gamma G6 but I should find them not too expensive and I don't know if they are as good as the Joslin, and I was disappointed with Emerica for the cupsoles, but it was with the Figgy Dose... I don't think they protect much haha

440 with some better insole
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

CarcassToss

• Rep: 25
« Reply #537 on: April 12, 2024, 06:35:52 AM »
Yup! I've tried about every thinner cup lately and like the Asics Vikka and Japan as well as the thinner NB models. I could still get my heel to bottom out in some Emericas and the quality wasn't great. Never got to try the Spanky reissue since I don't want green accents but they look pretty substantial.

You could try Samba ADV. they didn't last me long but they're really thin and pliable.

If you wanna go super thin get any of the Reebok non skate shoes. I swear the midsole has to be cardboard or something.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #538 on: April 12, 2024, 08:20:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
where for $40?

Some online store in Australia. Can confirm they’re flat and super comfy. Less rigid than the 440s, probably my favorite skate shoe in feel, but they look kinda bonkers.

plzdonthateme

• Rep: 0
« Reply #539 on: April 17, 2024, 04:14:42 AM »
Hey,

I'm looking for any recommendations on these skate shoe options: Etnies Joslin, New Balance #1010, and Vans Rowan 2.
I've been skating in New Balance #1010s for almost a 3 years (not the same pair of course) and wanted to know if they are superior to the other options. Has anyone tried these shoes and can share their opinions on how they compare?

Thanks