Author Topic: Miles Griptape  (Read 3330 times)

Murge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
Re: Miles Griptape
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2021, 08:17:21 AM »
From my sheet, I dont see any micro holes like Mob. I have a sheet of Mob that I compare it to, it's definitely less gritty than Mob & the Miles sheet on its own is very flimsy, it doesn't have that stiff/thickness that Mob does.

So more like jessup? How’s the grit  compare to jessup? Also after you skate it a while tell us how it holds up

thespacewolf

• Rep: -8
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2021, 09:13:23 AM »
Expand Quote
From my sheet, I dont see any micro holes like Mob. I have a sheet of Mob that I compare it to, it's definitely less gritty than Mob & the Miles sheet on its own is very flimsy, it doesn't have that stiff/thickness that Mob does.
[close]

So more like jessup? How’s the grit  compare to jessup? Also after you skate it a while tell us how it holds up
If I had to compare it to something, it would be Jessup. I'm going to set up a half and half grip situation, half mob, half miles.

Ed Terps

• Rep: 0
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2021, 04:45:20 PM »
Just bought a sheet at my local shop. Looks and feels insanely thin compared to Jessup & Mob. not nearly as grippy or thick tho. Not sure if that was made intentionally so the plastic blade that comes with can actually be useful?

Colt Cannon's Cargos

• Rep: -15
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2021, 04:56:30 PM »
Just bought a sheet at my local shop. Looks and feels insanely thin compared to Jessup & Mob. not nearly as grippy or thick tho. Not sure if that was made intentionally so the plastic blade that comes with can actually be useful?

i can't wait to see the shitty cut that plastic blade provides

Buttfart Rapedick

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 238
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2021, 01:29:31 AM »
I have 2 sheets on the way (along with one of those cool ass Atlas shop decks with the lotti graphics), should be here today or tomorrow. I'll get as nerdy with it as you can get with griptape. Which isn't really that nerdy.

Smartass

• Rep: 45
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2021, 01:59:44 AM »
I have 2 sheets on the way (along with one of those cool ass Atlas shop decks with the lotti graphics), should be here today or tomorrow. I'll get as nerdy with it as you can get with griptape. Which isn't really that nerdy.
Let's be real... it's pretty nerdy...

Dan Gerous

• Rep: 8
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2021, 06:19:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They call it an 'emergency blade'. ;D

Buttfart Rapedick

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 238
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2021, 12:46:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Man I don't think I can really use my digital calipers on grip but I'm sure as shit going to try. I'm pretty sure I've got a magnifying glass or one of those cool old fly tying vises around here somewhere too.

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• Rep: 185
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2021, 01:29:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Man I don't think I can really use my digital calipers on grip but I'm sure as shit going to try. I'm pretty sure I've got a magnifying glass or one of those cool old fly tying vises around here somewhere too.
Someone send me a sheet of each and I'll quantify the difference in surface roughness at my materials science lab

thespacewolf

• Rep: -8
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2021, 01:51:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I tried cutting it with the emergency blade and I immediately threw it away and used an actual blade lol, cool idea in retrospect, but man the plastic blades suck

256 Ply

• Rep: 10
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2021, 08:14:02 PM »