Author Topic: Weird Stories About Pros  (Read 76166 times)

Brguy

Re: Weird Stories About Pros
« Reply #330 on: March 08, 2021, 07:09:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Were living in Barcelona around 2012-13. One time me and my friends had been out partying after skating so had our boards with us although it was like 4 in the morning. All of a sudden we hear someone screaming from a window and it was Penny. He came down to us and wanted to chill. We were super stoked although he was completely out of it.

We had some beers at our place and suggested he would come over to hang which he did. He eventually started to freestyle out on the balcony like crazy which my friend filmed. We even had to pull him down from the balcony rail where he sat like he was filming a music video or something. By that time we had a youtube channel that we put the short freestyle clip up the next morning, just like "Penny Freestyle" or something, not that we had a big following or anything, just to show our friends back home that fucking Penny was in our apartment.

A day or so went by and then one morning i had a DM to the youtube Channel from Flip Skateboards saying something like "We ask you to please take down the clip with Penny since we believe its not a good look for him as a professional skateboarder." I immediately took it down and was super scared that someone was gonna be mad. Kinda regret i didn't just make it private since i'd love to have it now.
[close]

So the clip is gone for good?
[close]

Should be on a disk somewhere i guess. If i find it i'll send you in a PM!
I want one too, please.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #331 on: March 08, 2021, 08:36:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Were living in Barcelona around 2012-13. One time me and my friends had been out partying after skating so had our boards with us although it was like 4 in the morning. All of a sudden we hear someone screaming from a window and it was Penny. He came down to us and wanted to chill. We were super stoked although he was completely out of it.

We had some beers at our place and suggested he would come over to hang which he did. He eventually started to freestyle out on the balcony like crazy which my friend filmed. We even had to pull him down from the balcony rail where he sat like he was filming a music video or something. By that time we had a youtube channel that we put the short freestyle clip up the next morning, just like "Penny Freestyle" or something, not that we had a big following or anything, just to show our friends back home that fucking Penny was in our apartment.

A day or so went by and then one morning i had a DM to the youtube Channel from Flip Skateboards saying something like "We ask you to please take down the clip with Penny since we believe its not a good look for him as a professional skateboarder." I immediately took it down and was super scared that someone was gonna be mad. Kinda regret i didn't just make it private since i'd love to have it now.
[close]

[close]

[close]
I want one too, please.
x3

RichardBarkley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #332 on: March 08, 2021, 10:21:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
I want one too, please.
[close]
x3

Me too please
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

cky enthusiast

« Reply #333 on: March 08, 2021, 10:40:07 AM »
just re up it, tf is flip gonna do

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #334 on: March 08, 2021, 10:48:46 AM »

Not to derail this thread but in a way it's funny how some brands will properly supervise their riders' occasionally difficult behaviors vs. how some won't and will instead blame the subsequent faults on either their own consumers presumably being out of touch or, as seen recently, even the victim when there is one. We got to see Biebel encouraging fighting homeless people but not Penny freestyling. Hello?

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #335 on: March 09, 2021, 03:27:14 PM »
Sorry to re-bump the thread but there was also a random clip of Penny comparing his teeth to some other former addict at some random skatepark in Europe. I only remember because a friend and I quoted it all the time when it came out - "my teeth are fucked as well."

Wonder if Flip hit them up as well.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

CanadianBacon

• Rep: -72
« Reply #336 on: March 09, 2021, 05:25:36 PM »
Sorry to re-bump the thread but there was also a random clip of Penny comparing his teeth to some other former addict at some random skatepark in Europe. I only remember because a friend and I quoted it all the time when it came out - "my teeth are fucked as well."

I saw that video, it was insane.   He was toast  goin on about something with the twin towers than completely destroyed the bowl.   Netherlands i think.   Flip did ask the poster to take it down and he did cause Penny has a kid .  Sick move imo

Brguy

« Reply #337 on: March 09, 2021, 06:05:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not to derail this thread but in a way it's funny how some brands will properly supervise their riders' occasionally difficult behaviors vs. how some won't and will instead blame the subsequent faults on either their own consumers presumably being out of touch or, as seen recently, even the victim when there is one. We got to see Biebel encouraging fighting homeless people but not Penny freestyling. Hello?
I mean Flip is more of a big "family" company more likely to try to mold their image the best way possible. Meanwhile at Girl there's not much of an image to preserve so they just let whoever kook themselves out of skateboarding and support them in a more personal way or not at all. Like when Marc Johnson had all that stuff with Caroll and his new company but still kept skating with guys that he met on the Crail camp and close to that circle.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1390
« Reply #338 on: March 09, 2021, 06:08:35 PM »

Is that the video with the Green Apple board on the wall in the background?

Sweep thee leg

• Rep: 1
« Reply #339 on: March 10, 2021, 10:42:40 AM »
My brother spilled a beer on nyjahs board at an asphalt yacht club signing years ago and he started tripping out so hard tryna find out who did it. Same night janowksi was trippin on acid and talked to my pops for like two hours

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1424
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #340 on: March 10, 2021, 11:45:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
In January 2020, I was eating dinner with my cousin (who doesn't skate) in Surry Hills in Sydney.

And he still smiled.

Pros must have lots of stories about weird non pros who come up to them in public.

I imagine Chima went home and said, 'man this dude in the bottle-o....'
[close]

Ha, yeah and that area of Sydney is full of crazies too, lots of homeless, druggies, weird things going on that once you know, you just get used to it all and take it in your stride, but Chima has always been a champ!

Expand Quote
I once saw Nathan Jackson at Nerang skatepark, shirtless, absolutely obliterating a board. Like smashing it into pieces then smashing the pieces into pieces. Not entirely sure why, he was just chilling before that. This is right around when the Skate Rock China video came out.
[close]

I think almost everyone I have seen or known including Nathan from Brisbane or Gold Coast has had one of these moments sooner or later.  Not proud of it, maybe even feel a bit guilty for being there and just kind of ignore it and keep going with whatever it was you were doing, but that is how it goes.

I recall Matt Mumford at Coorparoo skatepark for a demo getting the shits on a front pop shuv to nose grind that he had been trying for maybe too long and Mappy had been filming.  I could see he was getting more and more pissed, and ended up focusing his board and throwing it into the side of the middle bank, picking it back up and throwing it again more than once.  It stayed there for a while during the demo and I could see people eyeing it off while he went to have a beer or something away from the park, but then came back for it just before kids scooped it up.  He ended up giving it to them anyway, but I bartered with them and gave them some new Indy trucks for the old almost axled trucks that came off his board, so he could have his bushings back that were in his old ones.  Old bushings back then were like gold!  I still have his old Indy trucks on one of my boards too.
[close]

This has a bit of a different meaning on this side of the pond, mate.

I thought you were taking the story in a certain direction, and frankly a bit disappointed

I'm thinking he fell and had a poop explosion that got on his grip, causing him to focus it
Support your local skate shop

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #341 on: March 10, 2021, 12:16:35 PM »
My brother spilled a beer on nyjahs board at an asphalt yacht club signing years ago and he started tripping out so hard tryna find out who did it. Same night janowksi was trippin on acid and talked to my pops for like two hours
Had it been me I'd have owned up like what you going to do? Especially when I focused it like yeah I did it?! You can buy another one rich motherfucka!!!!

sexhaver2006

• Rep: -13
« Reply #342 on: March 10, 2021, 04:25:13 PM »
Used to skate with Mike Davis a lot, Rest In Peace:( He came over to my house to use my wifi a few years ago. The new iPhone was coming out and he wanted to be first in line at midnight, he brought me and my roommates snacks and weed to chill in the living room on his laptop for a few hours.

Sebo was at PSU tennis courts 2 days ago helping this kid learn half cab flips and filming it for him on his phone, it was awesome. Then my friend accidentally snaked him while he was trying to film a line and he got kinda over it and left lol. Super rad dude though.

Sebo is rad. Was filming my homie bs flip a 5 last week and he rolled up on a bike and watched my homie land it. Gave him a whistle.

TheFandangler

• Rep: 15
« Reply #343 on: March 10, 2021, 05:38:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Had it been me I'd have owned up like what you going to do? Especially when I focused it like yeah I did it?! You can buy another one rich motherfucka!!!!

I don't think Nyjah buys his skateboards.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
  • Free Max B
« Reply #344 on: March 10, 2021, 06:40:29 PM »
Got another JJ gem for yall.

2008 at Autumn skateshop (during height of chatroulette RIP) and a box came for jake from pig wheels. This box was morherfucked up. like 20 sets of wheels, bunch of shirts and hoodies, as well as a comically over-branded pigwheels duffelbag.
Jake did not ride for pig so the entire situation was fried and we’re all laughing at how many wheels they’d send someone they don’t even sponse.

he gave wheels to all the homies at the shop (got some cruiser wheels myself that lasted a decade shouts to Jake). then gave whatever was left to the shop to sell and dipped. pretty funny

Also just wanted to say this was pre-mindfield and he was doing nollie 180s both ways over a can standing up. I know tyshawn has done some wild shit over them cans, I ain’t hating. but Jake was nollieing over that shit when tyshawn went by TJ and skated 12th and a and was shorter than a trashcan. True can king

Free max b

« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 08:30:25 PM by Pete »
FREE MAX B

google image search

• Rep: -3
« Reply #345 on: March 10, 2021, 09:05:23 PM »
Dave Coyne came into the skate shop I worked at with two different shoes on, looking for a baseplate. He was all disheveled and looked like he was coming from a worksite but I don’t think that was what was going on. His board was all old and dusty. I gave him one because it was Dave Coyne.

At a bbq that Ricky Oyola was also at, smoking a blunt in the backyard. Rick was eating a plate of bbq ribs and said something because I skipped him in the cypher. The guy wanted to hit our blunt while he was eating ribs... I wasn’t going to say no but suffice to say I did not hit that blunt again
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 11:40:28 PM by google image search »

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #346 on: March 11, 2021, 12:53:33 AM »

they did.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #347 on: March 11, 2021, 01:12:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

they did.

which is funny because i've been to a bunch of flip demos or signings, even had one in the shop i worked at over a decade ago. on every occasion it was obvious how at least half the team was high as fuck on whatever. it's crazy how they try to control what can be seen on the internet when they never bothered with any kind of professionalism in real life.

i love penny, but the few times i saw the guy irl, he was super friendly to everyone of course but he was always way too fried to skate and would just sit around smoking mad fat joints and almost pass out.

they obviously didn't care about moderation when it came to ali or bastiens public behavior or substance consumption. under flip arto went from a rural finnish kid that hated cigarettes or drugs in general into a chain smoking alcoholic. obviously the people running flip don't give a fuck all as long as their riders are still able to huck themselves down big shit and no one can find sketchy stuff on the web.

sbmfj

• Rep: 56
« Reply #348 on: March 11, 2021, 08:26:24 AM »
really shitty.

Should asked for a box of boards in order to remove the vid - ransom style.

gsosa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #349 on: March 11, 2021, 08:42:19 AM »

2008 at Autumn skateshop (during height of chatroulette RIP) and a box came for jake from pig wheels. This box was morherfucked up. like 20 sets of wheels, bunch of shirts and hoodies, as well as a comically over-branded pigwheels duffelbag.
Jake did not ride for pig so the entire situation was fried and we’re all laughing at how many wheels they’d send someone they don’t even sponse.

he gave wheels to all the homies at the shop (got some cruiser wheels myself that lasted a decade shouts to Jake). then gave whatever was left to the shop to sell and dipped. pretty funny

Also just wanted to say this was pre-mindfield and he was doing nollie 180s both ways over a can standing up. I know tyshawn has done some wild shit over them cans, I ain’t hating. but Jake was nollieing over that shit when tyshawn went by TJ and skated 12th and a and was shorter than a trashcan. True can king

Free max b

I also heard that they use the #jkjhnsn  hashtag because he doesn't believe in vowels

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #350 on: March 11, 2021, 09:42:43 AM »
really shitty.

Should asked for a box of boards in order to remove the vid - ransom style.

Ruthless. I'd back it.

Salmon Agah

« Reply #351 on: March 11, 2021, 01:03:56 PM »
Tenth grade, me and my friend had rode our bikes with our pads up to the Wendy's near our local park. We had our food and were sitting at our table, when we noticed a very attractive half asian half latina worker eyeing us up. Brace faced and with my smelly pads, I was wondering what she was up to.

Eventually, she comes up to us and asks us if we know who Clyde Singleton is. I had met Clyde once before, when he came up to our local straight from the beach, and borrowed my board to do a beautiful back smith on a declined quarterpipe in a pair of flip flops and wet swim trunks. So, we say yes, and she starts telling us he is her boyfriend. Explains to us that he's quite well endowed, and then says she's gonna call him so we can talk to him. Before we can protest, she has him dialed up, and we proceed to fumble through a conversation with him that he was very not interested in talking to us for, before she got back on the phone. Nice guy, though it was clear he was only nice to appease his chick. I think we did a lot in the way of confirming in her mind that he was actually a well known professional though. 

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #352 on: March 11, 2021, 05:02:07 PM »
Tenth grade, me and my friend had rode our bikes with our pads up to the Wendy's near our local park. We had our food and were sitting at our table, when we noticed a very attractive half asian half latina worker eyeing us up. Brace faced and with my smelly pads, I was wondering what she was up to.

Eventually, she comes up to us and asks us if we know who Clyde Singleton is. I had met Clyde once before, when he came up to our local straight from the beach, and borrowed my board to do a beautiful back smith on a declined quarterpipe in a pair of flip flops and wet swim trunks. So, we say yes, and she starts telling us he is her boyfriend. Explains to us that he's quite well endowed, and then says she's gonna call him so we can talk to him. Before we can protest, she has him dialed up, and we proceed to fumble through a conversation with him that he was very not interested in talking to us for, before she got back on the phone. Nice guy, though it was clear he was only nice to appease his chick. I think we did a lot in the way of confirming in her mind that he was actually a well known professional though.

Damn, my girlfriend never goes around and tells strangers I have a huge penis and then makes me talk to them on the phone. I'm fucking up.
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

elemenopee

• Rep: 4
« Reply #353 on: March 11, 2021, 05:12:50 PM »
long time listener first time caller here. i had to chime in with 1 where me and my friends were at the shop n TJ Rogers came in n demanded he only pay cost on the shop brand pants because "he's a professional skateboarder" n "everyone's going to see me wearing these pants"..... the young girl working didnt know what to do with how aggro he was demanding he only pays cost n had to get the manager to come n explain that hes ok to give him a discount but not cost. Then TJ did the "I'm a professional" lecture again very entitledly until the manager was so annoyed he gave up and TJ went and grabbed 2 more pairs. it always seems the people who portray themselves as the happiest coolest  r usually low key the worst.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
  • Free Max B
« Reply #354 on: March 11, 2021, 05:26:06 PM »
idk who the fuck tj rogers is but i would have told him he had to pay $10 over the ticket price because he is a pro. what a fucking kook.

clyde wendys chick story is good

free max b
FREE MAX B

ungzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
« Reply #355 on: March 11, 2021, 06:09:49 PM »
jake johnson randomly texted my filmer friend, who he knew only very tenuously, from just a couple times, and asked for his sister's phone number, who jake had not met and could've only known of by creeping on filmer friend's tagged photos on IG. this was like 2 years after they had had any contact whatsoever.

jake johnson is going to horny jail
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 07:03:13 PM by ungzilla »

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1047
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #356 on: March 11, 2021, 08:15:09 PM »
idk who the fuck tj rogers is but i would have told him he had to pay $10 over the ticket price because he is a pro. what a fucking kook.

free max b

From comments (ahh the irony):

creaturesofhabit21
Where u got ur pants from?

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #357 on: March 12, 2021, 02:57:31 AM »
Expand Quote

free max b
[close]

From comments (ahh the irony):

creaturesofhabit21
Where u got ur pants from?

Even Appleyard is chiming in on the pants 👖
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #358 on: March 12, 2021, 03:18:08 AM »
Expand Quote

Free max b
[close]

I also heard that they use the #jkjhnsn  hashtag because he doesn't believe in vowels

I think it’s to separate him from New Girl fan pages

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #359 on: March 12, 2021, 05:26:49 AM »

How's the celebration and using it as a cover as well?

Throw the claws up.