Author Topic: Al Davis on scumbag?  (Read 62570 times)

applejuice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
Re: Al Davis on scumbag?
« Reply #120 on: March 18, 2021, 11:51:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Wow I don't understand at all why they wouldn't go to the police after being raped...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/19/us/police-sexual-assaults-maryland-scope
Also this is entirely based off of convictions. How many do you think didn't get reported or further investigated? Probably the majority.
[close]

Yeah the police also get away with murder all the time, but they’re your go-to when a murder happens, not Instagram.
I understand what you're saying but when police have consistently proved that they either don't take sexual assault seriously or even that they are often the perpetrators of sexual assault, than we can't base whether or not accusations are valid strictly off of whether or not they were reported to the police.
There are definitely certain issues when it comes to using instagram as a place to hold people accountable for their shitty actions, but when the justice system fails victims again and again, it can become the only option especially to people in marginalized communities.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
« Reply #121 on: March 18, 2021, 12:05:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Imagine hearing a story about someone being a rapist and your chief concern is "cancel culture".
[close]

yo... not my "chief concern" whatsoever and I almost instantly regret using the word "cancel" as it almost appears as though i'm belittling it. That's just the term that came to mind. Its just some side thoughts on social media and how it relates to an industry based on marketing and image.

You opened your post saying that you have no opinion on the subject being discussed and proceeded on some stupid tangent about social media. How the fuck else am I supposed to take that?

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #122 on: March 18, 2021, 12:12:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Wow I don't understand at all why they wouldn't go to the police after being raped...

Also this is entirely based off of convictions. How many do you think didn't get reported or further investigated? Probably the majority.
[close]

Yeah the police also get away with murder all the time, but they’re your go-to when a murder happens, not Instagram.
[close]
I understand what you're saying but when police have consistently proved that they either don't take sexual assault seriously or even that they are often the perpetrators of sexual assault, than we can't base whether or not accusations are valid strictly off of whether or not they were reported to the police.

That's a good point. In the grand scheme of the judicial system.... The police are the ones I trust the least.

But unfortunately there is little alternative.

I can't speak for other countries but in my country rape/abuse is taken seriously and will certainly be prosecuted by the DPP once the case is presented to them.

I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #123 on: March 18, 2021, 12:22:22 PM »
If we could somehow harness the power of debate within threads about racism or sexual assault we may be able to find the key to renewable energy.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

applejuice

« Reply #124 on: March 18, 2021, 12:27:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

That's a good point. In the grand scheme of the judicial system.... The police are the ones I trust the least.

But unfortunately there is little alternative.

I can't speak for other countries but in my country rape/abuse is taken seriously and will certainly be prosecuted by the DPP once the case is presented to them.
It is probably different in other places but I have seen for myself that in the United States victims of rape are often looked down upon. I have watched friends of mine be subject to claims of "being dramatic", or just straight up victim blaming "what were you wearing" "how much had you drank." This shit is incredibly common here, both with police and non police, to the point where nearly every female friend of mine has been a victim of sexual assault that has either gone unreported or not investigated.
I could link some overly academic articles about police's perception of victims of rape but I'll spare you because it's not a pleasant read.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #125 on: March 18, 2021, 12:33:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Imagine hearing a story about someone being a rapist and your chief concern is "cancel culture".
[close]

yo... not my "chief concern" whatsoever and I almost instantly regret using the word "cancel" as it almost appears as though i'm belittling it. That's just the term that came to mind. Its just some side thoughts on social media and how it relates to an industry based on marketing and image.
[close]
You opened your post saying that you have no opinion on the subject being discussed and proceeded on some stupid tangent about social media. How the fuck else am I supposed to take that?

Reread the post. I meant "i have nothing to add about whether he's guilty or not". Words aren't easy but I'm not gonna apologize for trying just because you're all fired up and interpreted what I said differently than i meant. I don't know why you're so mad, especially when i'm saying i think the accused in these situations dont deserve as much sympathy as they seem to get.

but i suspect you don't actually care what I was trying to say and are just trying to make me look stupid and insensitive at all costs, so shalom to you

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
« Reply #126 on: March 18, 2021, 12:35:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Reread the post. I meant "i have nothing to add about whether he's guilty or not". Words aren't easy but I'm not gonna apologize for trying just because you're all fired up and interpreted what I said differently than i meant. I don't know why you're so mad, especially when i'm saying i think the accused in these situations dont deserve as much sympathy as they seem to get.

but i suspect you don't actually care what I was trying to say and are just trying to make me look stupid and insensitive at all costs, so shalom to you

If you have nothing to add then don't write a multi paragraph post about a different subject that's been beaten to death, you daft fucking idiot. No, I don't care what you were trying to say. It was dumb and it makes you look stupid and insensitive about a serious subject.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #127 on: March 18, 2021, 12:39:13 PM »
If we could somehow harness the power of debate within threads about racism or sexual assault we may be able to find the key to renewable energy.

Both of these things are more important than skateboarding.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #128 on: March 18, 2021, 12:44:28 PM »
wait..why is she calling out converse? Does converse know about these accusations? Cause if not....why call them out on it?
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Hands down Hass out

• Rep: 3
  • 奇妙な滞在
« Reply #129 on: March 18, 2021, 01:35:31 PM »

(no pun intended)

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1262
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #130 on: March 18, 2021, 04:13:12 PM »
i mean i just don’t understand why someone would just lash out and make these statements if it weren’t somewhat true? say they did have some sort of emotional involvement with one another and he just broke her heart, i can see someone being upset about that, but not accusing them of rape and abuse because that’s just way too much unless that did actually happen. instagram story or legal action, i believe the victim.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #131 on: March 18, 2021, 04:36:15 PM »
wait..why is she calling out converse? Does converse know about these accusations? Cause if not....why call them out on it?

that's the 'cancelling' in question. She (and I do not blame her) wants al off converse because he is a rapist, and she understands that a company like that would not like to platform someone with credible rape allegations against them. that's the point of posting about it this way, as opposed to getting blown off by the police. It's a different form of punishment that is ultimately easier on the culprit than getting locked up, but still kicks them out of their industry, putting them in a position where they can't hurt people so easily. Ultimately it seems like a shitty situation where these women can't do much beyond calling the behavior out. Power to them
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #132 on: March 18, 2021, 05:03:19 PM »
not surprised, heard he was being gross towards women on a cons australia tour. he's washed and wears silly hats

free max b
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -3
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #133 on: March 18, 2021, 05:04:05 PM »
"Why don't they go to the police and go the legal route???"

Here's an article about how rape kits for unsolved/uncharged cases were destroyed
https://www.kare11.com/mobile/article/news/investigations/kare-11-investigates-police-in-minnesota-destroyed-hundreds-of-rape-kits-putting-cases-in-peril/89-1ff69998-cabe-49ce-998c-771e5f0f61dc

And here's one about undercover cops sexually assaulting women

https://www.kare11.com/mobile/article/news/minneapolis-drops-undercover-massage-prostitution-stings/89-105428393

What should these women have done?

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
« Reply #134 on: March 18, 2021, 05:19:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

If you have nothing to add then don't write a multi paragraph post about a different subject that's been beaten to death, you daft fucking idiot. No, I don't care what you were trying to say. It was dumb and it makes you look stupid and insensitive about a serious subject.

Hey pizza, I love ya and all, but can you calm the hell down already? The person that you are tearing apart has made it abundantly clear that they were are on your (the right) side of the argument.
 I get that abuse (in any form) is an exceedingly contentious topic, and I understand your anger (especially when dealing with some of the turds on here), but you've been on a warpath all day and it's really not going to solve anything, especially when attacking people based on whether you determine their opinion to be valid or not.
 I wish that I had something better to say in regards to the Davis situation. As somebody that had to deal with abuse for well over a decade of their childhood, topics like these (and the subsequent arguments/trolling/etc. that inevitably follow it) kinda throw my head into a whirlwind. For fuck's sake though, PLEASE believe all accusations until proven otherwise. I can assure you that opening up to somebody (let alone an entire platform) about being abused is beyond "difficult". It's a trauma like nothing else (coupling guilt, seething hatred, fear, physical/mental pain, emotions that don't seem to hold a basis in logic, etc.). Be decent to the people around you, it's not that fucking difficult.

I'm sorry if I've added nothing to the conversation. This thread has taken me to a brutally upsetting place that I definitely wasn't expecting.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #135 on: March 18, 2021, 05:22:17 PM »
But you guys are acting like Instagram works better than the police in these situations when you know it’s not true, even with the high levels of incompetence. Sexual assault is a fucking crime, not a learning opportunity.

At best calling out cons will pressure Al to make a statement, he’s probably gonna deny it, then it’s a “he said she said” that eventually goes away like the other three threads similar to this one.

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #136 on: March 18, 2021, 05:28:47 PM »
At best calling out cons will pressure Al to make a statement, he’s probably gonna deny it, then it’s a “he said she said” that eventually goes away like the other three threads similar to this one.

Yeah but that's not because the survivors approach it wrong

It's because at the end of the day no one gives a fuck

Cops, detectives, CEOs, team managers, other pros

No one gives a single fuck

What's some bitch to them? We don't mean shit

applejuice

« Reply #137 on: March 18, 2021, 05:34:50 PM »
But you guys are acting like Instagram works better than the police in these situations when you know it’s not true, even with the high levels of incompetence. Sexual assault is a fucking crime, not a learning opportunity.

Calling out and holding the companies and industry that back dudes like this is a valid option when the police in your country are notorious for again not only not taking rape and other forms of sexual assault seriously, but actually committing those crimes themselves.
Like yeah you're right and this would be a completely valid take if you removed the entire history of police in the United States from the context. Going through instagram may not be an ideal route but at the end of the day it is completely understandable why someone would choose to go that route, when the entirety of the legal system is notorious for failing victims of sexual assault.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #138 on: March 18, 2021, 05:35:24 PM »
A very low bar to clear, but at least Grant/WKND acknowledged AND did something about the accusations, regardless of their other missteps. 

Cons has been consistently fucking up with the character of their team.   Jason Jessee, KA, and Al Davis.  Yeesh

applejuice

« Reply #139 on: March 18, 2021, 05:40:21 PM »
A very low bar to clear, but at least Grant/WKND acknowledged AND did something about the accusations, regardless of their other missteps. 

Cons has been consistently fucking up with the character of their team.   Jason Jessee, KA, and Al Davis.  Yeesh
Never been a better time to switch to Last Resort's

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
« Reply #140 on: March 18, 2021, 05:42:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Calling out and holding the companies and industry that back dudes like this is a valid option when the police in your country are notorious for again not only not taking rape and other forms of sexual assault seriously, but actually committing those crimes themselves.
Like yeah you're right and this would be a completely valid take if you removed the entire history of police in the United States from the context. Going through instagram may not be an ideal route but at the end of the day it is completely understandable why someone would choose to go that route, when the entirety of the legal system is notorious for failing victims of sexual assault.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #141 on: March 18, 2021, 05:44:34 PM »
i think it’s important to point out that going to the police and posting on IG aren’t mutually exclusive either.

not that i’d advocate for going to the police ever but i’m also not the victim(s)

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #142 on: March 18, 2021, 05:50:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

that's the 'cancelling' in question. She (and I do not blame her) wants al off converse because he is a rapist, and she understands that a company like that would not like to platform someone with credible rape allegations against them. that's the point of posting about it this way, as opposed to getting blown off by the police. It's a different form of punishment that is ultimately easier on the culprit than getting locked up, but still kicks them out of their industry, putting them in a position where they can't hurt people so easily. Ultimately it seems like a shitty situation where these women can't do much beyond calling the behavior out. Power to them

Good point. I saw it as "Fuck cons for keeping this rapist on the team, while Cons having no idea that this has occurred", kinda thing.

I'm in no way denying her or the other victim's statements. I hope this does lead to Cons doing something about it if true.

And their team...KA, Jason, and now Al? Damn. 
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #143 on: March 18, 2021, 06:03:34 PM »
Probably more effective to take to @ leejberman (cons Tm) or chad bowers (quasi) to get them to see the comments, but most of the commenters don’t seem to realize this isn’t a new partnership between cons and Al Davis

Portero4Lyf

• Rep: -7
« Reply #144 on: March 18, 2021, 08:58:00 PM »
Everyone needs to get of their pulpit stand. We all can agree that rape and sexual abuse against women is heinous and should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. Is out justice system perfect no? It never will be that’s just human nature folks. So because you feel the justice system is rigged or whatever doesn’t mean these women should avoid going to the police. If they have legitimate facts backing their statement, It would be highly likely that the accuser would be punished. Some people need to realize that simply saying on a Instagram post of about abuse, doesn’t mean 100% guilt. Like many others have stated let’s wait for more Information with valid facts to then make a decision. I personally have had a friend who lost his reputation because his ex accused of these horrible acts he never committed. She simply wanted to get at him for hurting her. Nor am I saying that every girl who posts about abuse is lying. Just that we can’t take Instagram posts on face value.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2021, 09:57:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Hey pizza, I love ya and all, but can you calm the hell down already? The person that you are tearing apart has made it abundantly clear that they were are on your (the right) side of the argument.
 I get that abuse (in any form) is an exceedingly contentious topic, and I understand your anger (especially when dealing with some of the turds on here), but you've been on a warpath all day and it's really not going to solve anything, especially when attacking people based on whether you determine their opinion to be valid or not.
 I wish that I had something better to say in regards to the Davis situation. As somebody that had to deal with abuse for well over a decade of their childhood, topics like these (and the subsequent arguments/trolling/etc. that inevitably follow it) kinda throw my head into a whirlwind. For fuck's sake though, PLEASE believe all accusations until proven otherwise. I can assure you that opening up to somebody (let alone an entire platform) about being abused is beyond "difficult". It's a trauma like nothing else (coupling guilt, seething hatred, fear, physical/mental pain, emotions that don't seem to hold a basis in logic, etc.). Be decent to the people around you, it's not that fucking difficult.

I'm sorry if I've added nothing to the conversation. This thread has taken me to a brutally upsetting place that I definitely wasn't expecting.
just wanna say you’re loved and respected here. by opening yourself up personally you’ve added to the conversation, and i hope that you’ve found some solace from opening up and some healing from the brutal place. if not, or if you (or anyone) needs more conversing in a private space, my PMs are open

Ari Feldberg

• Rep: -25
« Reply #146 on: March 19, 2021, 12:46:55 AM »
so that’s why he wears the camo stuff

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 479
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #147 on: March 19, 2021, 01:40:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah the police also get away with murder all the time, but they’re your go-to when a murder happens, not Instagram (well...unless you’re live streaming a police murder).

There's generally a lot more evidence that a murder has taken place than a rape

Murder victims don't get to decide whether to report the crime to the police or not
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #148 on: March 19, 2021, 07:52:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah the police also get away with murder all the time, but they’re your go-to when a murder happens, not Instagram (well...unless you’re live streaming a police murder).
[close]

Murder victims don't get to decide whether to report the crime to the police or not

Yeah of course, murders are much easier to trace than rape. The victim also doesn’t have to deal with the shame or fear of addressing police because they’re dead, I get that.

I look at it like this: If you knew your daughter or niece was a victim of sexual assault - or any violent crime - you’re going to go to the police with that shit. I would find it hard to believe that someone closely connected to something like that would suggest that Instagram is a better route. Based on the kook bomb and comments here, it’s an unpopular opinion, but that’s how I see it.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 821
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #149 on: March 19, 2021, 07:58:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah of course, murders are much easier to trace than rape. The victim also doesn’t have to deal with the shame or fear of addressing police because they’re dead, I get that.

I look at it like this: If you knew your daughter or niece was a victim of sexual assault - or any violent crime - you’re going to go to the police with that shit. I would find it hard to believe that someone closely connected to something like that would suggest that Instagram is a better route. Based on the kook bomb and comments here, it’s an unpopular opinion, but that’s how I see it.
I'm assuming that they did go to the police but they didn't have any tangible evidence or enough time had passed where the legal route was not an option... or an investigation yielded no legal basis for punishing Al (see the Julz Lynn/Neil Hendrix case). So their next option was blasting him on IG.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.