Author Topic: Al Davis on scumbag?  (Read 62552 times)

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1125
Re: Al Davis on scumbag?
« Reply #150 on: March 19, 2021, 12:15:54 PM »
Imagine actually thinking the police care about rape/sexual assault survivors.

Noble Experiment

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #151 on: March 19, 2021, 03:32:14 PM »
Kids are impressionable; they see their favorite pro at a party or at a demo or signing acting like a total creep/scumbag towards women, they’re gonna think it’s ok to do so too. Said creep pro gets called out for it on social media, realizes he’s not invincible with that shit, and hopefully thinks twice about being a total creep, and maybe even puts out some sort of post denouncing that behavior, thus in turn showing impressionable kids that that sort of behavior is not ok and comes with repercussions, which will hopefully in turn make some of them think twice about being creeps and make them aware that behavior is not ok. Yeah, I see no harm here in social media call outs. Only loser here is the accused, and if it turns out he is innocent then he’ll probably bounce back from it with little to no repercussions anyways; hell, he’ll probably bounce back with no repercussions regardless cuz 95% of the time that’s just the cycle that shit goes in when it happens.

Cash bandicoot

• Rep: 4
« Reply #152 on: March 19, 2021, 03:33:52 PM »
I have literally had a therapist tell me I have no right to hate and not trust our legal system because I never reported what happened to me when I was 6 years old. Like somehow its my fault it kept happening , rapists typically threaten their victims and manipulate them in order force them to remain silent, mine did.

In cases like this when accused has the potential to harm others I will always trust the victims first.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 04:13:26 PM by Cash bandicoot »
a venn diagram showing the intersection of mediocre, garbage, and even-toed ungulates

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #153 on: March 19, 2021, 03:41:17 PM »

Well according to that infographic 770 of 1000 perpetrators get away because they weren’t reported. A fifth of what does get reported leads to an arrest. Pretty lousy, but still better than not reporting. Especially if you can identify the guy and have 8 different accounts of his bullshit.

As someone mentioned before she could have reported, but I don’t see Cons knowingly backing Al if something like that was looming.

I have literally had a therapist tell me I have no right to hate and not trust our legal system because I never reported what happened to me when I was 6 years old. Like somehow its my fault it kept happening , rapists typically threaten their victims and manipulate them in order force them to remain silent, mine did.

In cases like this when accused has the potential to harm others I will always trust the victims first.

That’s pretty fucked, you were a 6 year old. What were you supposed to do?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 04:11:24 PM by Lenny the Fatface »

applejuice

• Rep: 10
« Reply #154 on: March 19, 2021, 03:47:19 PM »
Kids are impressionable; they see their favorite pro at a party or at a demo or signing acting like a total creep/scumbag towards women, they’re gonna think it’s ok to do so too. Said creep pro gets called out for it on social media, realizes he’s not invincible with that shit, and hopefully thinks twice about being a total creep, and maybe even puts out some sort of post denouncing that behavior, thus in turn showing impressionable kids that that sort of behavior is not ok and comes with repercussions, which will hopefully in turn make some of them think twice about being creeps and make them aware that behavior is not ok. Yeah, I see no harm here in social media call outs. Only loser here is the accused, and if it turns out he is innocent then he’ll probably bounce back from it with little to no repercussions anyways; hell, he’ll probably bounce back with no repercussions regardless cuz 95% of the time that’s just the cycle that shit goes in when it happens.
I think you're right for the most part when it comes to doing creepy shit, like the anecdotes that were given about Al earlier in the thread have. Those anecdotes definitely make him look sleazy and definitely not the best dude, but I think that's something that he could move on from if he took accountability and changed his actions in the future. That being said what Al is being accused of is much worse than run of the mill creepy shit, it's rape and physical abuse. Anyways, I hope the severity of what he has been accused of doesn't get swept under the rug by his sponsors, and that they address it some form and kick him off if he is guilty.

Also is it just me or does it really make absolutely no sense why his sponsors are still sticking by him? Dude hasn't skated in years and years to the point where you would think they would jump at the opportunity to cut him.

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #155 on: March 19, 2021, 05:49:35 PM »

https://www.startribune.com/minneapolis-police-discover-1-700-untested-rape-kits-spanning-30-years/564989082/

Agreed, when I saw this I was fuming.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2254
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #156 on: March 19, 2021, 07:38:16 PM »
At this point, it’s a wonder Converse doesn’t just throw in the towel on the Cons skate program.
Between 1010, KA, and now this biz about Al Davis being a r*pist, their rep has taken a beating.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #157 on: March 19, 2021, 08:25:03 PM »
This will forever make me wonder what Dela meant by ¨who gives a fuck what that girl thinks¨

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 479
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #158 on: March 20, 2021, 03:23:32 AM »
Also is it just me or does it really make absolutely no sense why his sponsors are still sticking by him? Dude hasn't skated in years and years to the point where you would think they would jump at the opportunity to cut him.

The IG post is like 48 hours old lmao
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #159 on: March 20, 2021, 04:39:52 AM »
Fuck Al Davis but

Slap is  a court made by criminals.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -223
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #160 on: March 20, 2021, 06:31:12 AM »
Kinda makes me glad I punted on copping a Cousin Records hoodie.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #161 on: March 20, 2021, 07:21:51 AM »
Yeah you know it's really fucked how this shit always turns into the Dudes Encyclopedia Of How Survivors Should Handle Their Trauma

A part of me hates being the bitch on here but you know everyone doing that shit should be ashamed of yourselves

This is why nothing ever happens to rapists and abusers

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #162 on: March 20, 2021, 07:29:10 AM »
At this point, it’s a wonder Converse doesn’t just throw in the towel on the Cons skate program.
Between 1010, KA, and now this biz about Al Davis being a r*pist, their rep has taken a beating.

Why would they turf the whole program due to a few bad eggs who they have parted ways with?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #163 on: March 20, 2021, 07:44:23 AM »
Yeah you know it's really fucked how this shit always turns into the Dudes Encyclopedia Of How Survivors Should Handle Their Trauma

A part of me hates being the bitch on here but you know everyone doing that shit should be ashamed of yourselves

thank god we have posting on the internet, that’ll def fix the wounded discombobulated mess of our legal system and take down patriarchy no if’s and’s or but’s

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2537
« Reply #164 on: March 20, 2021, 08:06:14 AM »
Sarcastic posts help even less.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

cky enthusiast

« Reply #165 on: March 20, 2021, 08:26:16 AM »

again- it’s a shame we’re so devoid of imagination as a species that we can’t possibly think of solutions to the problems facing us beyond “using instagram” or “going to a laughably inept and uncaring legal system”.

there’s no right answer and pretending like anyone knows better deserves sarcasm. sorry.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2537
« Reply #166 on: March 20, 2021, 08:35:30 AM »
I'd say solutions exist, it's just that there's no political will to enforce them, especially when it comes to policing. I don't think it's surprising that victims don't trust cops, and chose to talk about this on the internet. Also, like others have said, we don't know whether she went to the police or not. Besides, women have been warning each other about shitty dudes (not necessarily rapists or abusers) forever, it's not a new thing.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1186
  • old and in the way
« Reply #167 on: March 20, 2021, 08:48:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

thank god we have posting on the internet, that’ll def fix the wounded discombobulated mess of our legal system and take down patriarchy no if’s and’s or but’s

There have been things I've read on this message board that made me rethink my attitude and want to change my behavior.  Specifically some things that @Armin Tamzarian explained about micro-aggression and language that really shook me. They tried to explain to SLAP why so much casual acceptance of language caused them incredible pain and I watched as some SLAP posters responded by blaming queer over sensitivity, believing that the people who have used homophobic language were the norm and unfair social expectations were the lens perceiving them. These SLAP posters actually saw themselves as the victims of their past  homophobic language rather than the queer persons they unknowingly or knowingly hurt.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #168 on: March 20, 2021, 09:11:15 AM »
preaching ain’t teaching playboy

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1186
  • old and in the way
« Reply #169 on: March 20, 2021, 09:36:05 AM »
preaching ain’t teaching playboy

yeah and comebacks aren't listening
look I'm just saying there's value in the opportunity to recognize these voices
<3

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #170 on: March 20, 2021, 10:12:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

again- it’s a shame we’re so devoid of imagination as a species that we can’t possibly think of solutions to the problems facing us beyond “using instagram” or “going to a laughably inept and uncaring legal system”.

there’s no right answer and pretending like anyone knows better deserves sarcasm. sorry.
Out of genuine curiosity, what OTHER imaginative solutions would you propose since both of the avenues previously discussed here in are flawed.
Beyond legal sanction/punishment, or public shaming/castigation, what are some other options available to victims?
Obviously, the legal system is in need of fixing, or a complete rebuild that isn’t based on excluding certain classes of citizen, but is that the responsibility of the victims to take on and affect, before they can receive justice?
I agree there should be other channels for dealing w/ this, but as our system stands at present, what are your thoughts/ideas on how to go about this.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

CaptainBushwacker

• Rep: 13
« Reply #171 on: March 20, 2021, 10:14:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's a shame you're so devoid of any empathy and imagination that you can't possibly see any situation from other perspective than your own.

Limp Krook

• Rep: -1
« Reply #172 on: March 20, 2021, 10:50:59 AM »
Okay gatekeeping troll. Obviously not the main point, and You’re using a trivial thing to shrug this off .. makes you perhaps seem insincere.

"R*pe" haha. Sorry i can't take someone seriously who talks like this. It's too hip for something as serious as rape . makes it look insincere .

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #173 on: March 20, 2021, 11:28:27 AM »
LOL my dude

First off: you'll notice I've made no defense of survivors posting their story on the internet, and I have no stake in the argument about whether going to the cops is the better way. I'm not interested in that debate. You curiously have assumed I'm making an argument that I have not made.

So let me make this plain.

In order to solve the problem we need to identify the problem:

The problem is rapists.

The problem is abusers.

The problem will never be solved by what survivors do with their case. This is because they didn't cause the problem in the first place. Put simplest: they are not the problem.

It doesn't require any imagination to get to this conclusion.

I'm not pretending to know better. I'm just not being an ass. It's very easy.

If you really think it takes a force of imagination to see what the solution to rape and abuse is, well my friend you are fucking heartless.

The only solution to this problem is for rapists and abusers to .... hmmm ... not rape and abuse.

I know it's radical, perhaps unimaginable - take your time.

Lastly: the reason why it's such a shameful waste of time to critique survivors is cause it's not the fucking point. Survivors always get pinned with the responsibility of getting RAPED and ABUSED. The conversation becomes one of what a survivor ought to do with their story, and never a conversation of what the fuck actually went wrong.

Sit with that. I know you won't, but I'll still ask you to.

Patriarchy has nothing to do with this by the way. That's laughably not the point. Shows where your head's at but I digress.

Anyway suck my shriveled sack, full offense

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #174 on: March 20, 2021, 11:42:21 AM »
LOL my dude

First off: you'll notice I've made no defense of survivors posting their story on the internet, and I have no stake in the argument about whether going to the cops is the better way. I'm not interested in that debate. You curiously have assumed I'm making an argument that I have not made.

The problem is rapists.

The problem is abusers.

The problem will never be solved by what survivors do with their case. This is because they didn't cause the problem in the first place. Put simplest: they are not the problem.

If you really think it takes a force of imagination to see what the solution to rape and abuse is, well my friend you are fucking heartless.

The only solution to this problem is for rapists and abusers to .... hmmm ... not rape and abuse.

Lastly: the reason why it's such a shameful waste of time to critique survivors is cause it's not the fucking point. Survivors always get pinned with the responsibility of getting RAPED and ABUSED. The conversation becomes one of what a survivor ought to do with their story, and never a conversation of what the fuck actually went wrong.

Patriarchy has nothing to do with this by the way. That's laughably not the point. Shows where your head's at but I digress.

^^^Pretty much sums it up.
Also, let me add this, to emphasize my agreement:
!!!

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -42
« Reply #175 on: March 20, 2021, 12:07:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Lol. You got emotional and couldn't help but post the dumbest strawman argument imaginable. Very sad stuff.

Nyjahsnanny

• Rep: -20
« Reply #176 on: March 21, 2021, 08:25:16 AM »
Cons finally booted him

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #177 on: March 21, 2021, 08:53:51 AM »
Expand Quote
LOL my dude

The problem is rapists.

The problem is abusers.

[close]
^^^Pretty much sums it up.
Also, let me add this, to emphasize my agreement:
!!!

One more time for the people in the back.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #178 on: March 21, 2021, 12:05:06 PM »
sorry i was overcome by class rage

edit: i was totally projecting and conflating what armin was saying with the outlook and attitudes of every ~20 year old person who moves to my area and jacks my rent up. it wasn’t correct and i apologize.

that being said i think this still cause for deeper nuance then “lol what even ARE men” or whatever. at no point was i backing al or his behavior- simply saying that the machismo that’s endemic in the west is not gonna be undone with snotty sloganeering. i also at no point said the victim behaved or acted incorrectly and i think they should take whatever route they think will deliver them the most peace of mind. i’m just saying if you want to actually fix the problem it’s going to take more than stating the obvious (sexual assault is wrong) over and over.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 12:16:37 PM by camp chill yourself »

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #179 on: March 21, 2021, 01:22:50 PM »
Cons finally booted him
Where are you seeing this?  He's still on their team page and the original IG post is still up.