Author Topic: NYC Metro Area General Thread  (Read 6394 times)

pattacakenanny

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
Re: NYC Metro Area General Thread
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2022, 04:57:53 PM »
I am going to be in Queens for a work trip September 6th - 8th, working in Corona and staying in Long Island City. I only have to work the 7th, so I'm hoping to skate as much as possible. I'm going to head straight to Con Edison from LaGuardia before checking into my hotel, but I was hoping to get some insight on what else to skate in my short time there. I'm trying to stay fairly close to my hotel to avoid subways, crowds, etc but if LIC is as void of spots as the QS map shows I could always head down to Brooklyn or something. Is the Long Island City DIY still going? I'd really like to find a cellar door somewhere in the area as I'm from the Southwest and they don't exist here.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! :)
rob campbell never dapped u up and it shows

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 204
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2022, 08:13:43 AM »
I am going to be in Queens for a work trip September 6th - 8th, working in Corona and staying in Long Island City. I only have to work the 7th, so I'm hoping to skate as much as possible. I'm going to head straight to Con Edison from LaGuardia before checking into my hotel, but I was hoping to get some insight on what else to skate in my short time there. I'm trying to stay fairly close to my hotel to avoid subways, crowds, etc but if LIC is as void of spots as the QS map shows I could always head down to Brooklyn or something. Is the Long Island City DIY still going? I'd really like to find a cellar door somewhere in the area as I'm from the Southwest and they don't exist here.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! :)
You can absolutely find cellar doors everywhere, but you should be prepared that the vast majority are under peoples apartments and those things rattle loud as fuck when you skate them. So you should probably not be planning to sesh a perfect cellar door all afternoon or anything. Theyíre usually more of a ďkeep it movingĒ kind of obstacle

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 109
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2022, 08:27:34 AM »
do not go to con edison. go to the DIY, the LIC waterfront, the stuff near the k-bridge, or flushing meadows, but do not go to con edison

pterra

• Rep: 6
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2022, 08:42:42 AM »
do not go to con edison. go to the DIY, the LIC waterfront, the stuff near the k-bridge, or flushing meadows, but do not go to con edison

Damn, I have been thinking about a trick there all week! I'll definitely be checking out all of the places you mentioned, I appreciate the suggestions.

pterra

• Rep: 6

donkey

• Rep: -47
  • donk
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2022, 12:46:55 PM »
hi nyc skater boys. do you guys have any advice for things I should be prepared for? here is my itinerary and what i have questions about.

im flying in to jfk and staying with a friend in Bushwick for a day and a half. does the train from jfk take you straight to brooklyn? or how does that work?

and for the last portion of my trip im staying in a airbnb in harlem, 10 blocks north of central park. what would be the best and most cost effective way to travel from bushwick to my airbnb? also keep in mind its me and my gf and we will have luggage. i wasn't planning on staying in harlem but my gf surprised me so im just trying to make it work the best without cancelling the airbnb to stay somewhere else.

im super excited to skate nyc for the first time in like 5 yrs. im mainly going to stay around brooklyn and hit k-bridge, borough hall, that one statue spot with the small ledges and three stairs, and blue park. any1 recommend anything else to try out?

mj23

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2022, 01:19:25 PM »
You can do all that on the subway it will just take a while and involve lugging your suitcases up and down some stairs. I would probably take a cab from the airport to bushwick and then a train when you leave BK and head uptown. Probably 40 bucks or so but can vary a lot depending on where in bushwick and traffic

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2022, 01:29:36 PM »
you could take the LIRR to the j train

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2022, 01:53:20 PM »
I honestly donít know about this trip I plan to take. I feel like Iím going to get lost. I donít necessarily need a babysitter, but it would be nice to look forward to seeing a friendly face. Where my heads at?
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Kianou_rivz

« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2022, 12:56:55 PM »
Hey Pals,

I'm planning a trip with the missus at the end of October from BCN to NYC.

Any recommendations on areas, galeries, shops, bars/restaurants to visit while we're there?

Shalom

Doosh215

• Rep: 14
« Reply #100 on: September 11, 2022, 01:53:21 PM »
Hey Pals,

Any recommendations on areas, galeries, shops, bars/restaurants to visit while we're there?

Shalom

Would love to help, but where are you staying and what do you guys like? New York is very big.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2022, 07:12:52 AM »
Anybody got any rec's on Ridgewood spots? My buddy's out there and getting back into it. Around P.S. 239 and Rolos area? We can bike, too (usually just to cooper  ::))
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2022, 07:15:36 AM »
Hey Pals,

Shalom

https://quartersnacks.com/spots/downtown-manhattan/soho-curbs/
If you're curb-inclined and want to do the date-night-partner-films-your-clip thing this spot runs along Cafe Select and some other nice spots
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

mj23

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2022, 08:50:35 AM »
Anybody got any rec's on Ridgewood spots? My buddy's out there and getting back into it. Around P.S. 239 and Rolos area? We can bike, too (usually just to cooper  ::))
forest park is a few neighborhoods away but it has pretty much the only mini ramp around
there are some others but i aint giving em away like that lol sorry

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2022, 09:10:25 AM »
PS 239 is that three stair grinder (obviously), there's a terrible bank to ledge under the bridge on central street, and you're not far from chauncey (or, if you get stagefright around james sayres, the tiny park behind chauncey)

pattacakenanny

« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2022, 09:31:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
forest park is a few neighborhoods away but it has pretty much the only mini ramp around
there are some others but i aint giving em away like that lol sorry
evergreen park, ps 88
rob campbell never dapped u up and it shows

user18081971

• Rep: 32
« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2022, 11:37:57 AM »
Verizon plaza = bust?

Anybody have footy here? Itís small but looks cute