Author Topic: slappy/curb discussion thread  (Read 91201 times)

rawbertson.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: slappy/curb discussion thread
« Reply #240 on: July 14, 2021, 11:04:06 AM »
seems like when the curb is really steep you sorta need to scoop the tail a tiny bit, is that normal?

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1426
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #241 on: July 14, 2021, 01:34:25 PM »
Hey all,

Chiming in on some breakthroughs I've had as I try to learn proper BS slappies and recover from ACL recon back in early March.

I'm lucky to have a perfect curb cut by my house to work with, and I've been using the cut as a ramp to get up there grinding... I had grown very comfy with this kind of grind before my surgery, but I'm chasing the real goods here as I'm sure so many are.

I've posted my curb here for reference not because it's a great pic, but to illustrate the changes in how I'm approaching it, and my weight distribution as I hit.

I've moved from a really shallow 25-30 degree angle of approach and just ramping up into a 50-50, to a 90 degree approach with a deep carve into the cut. As I've worked on the timing and deepened the carve into the curb cut, I've begun to feel out the beginnings of ramming into the curb like a proper slappy.

I force myself to place my front foot almost in the pocket and always covering all my bolts, back foot in just a bit from the end of the tail and with both front and back feet slightly "opened" (or heels slightly closer together than toes). This helps with the "back truck following the front" deal, and it helps open my shoulders as I find the balance point up into the fifty.

I'm working on weighting into my toes now to rely less and less on the cut. I'm almost powersliding for a split-second and hitting the middle of the cut! My front heelside wheel is hitting the top corner of the cut, and the ramp of the cut is helping ease my weight up into the slappy.

I'm unlocking this trick piece by piece, and as I heal and get more confident that I'm not gonna rip out my graft, I can sense the full slappy is really close!

I broke through with slappies during the winter but really got em down a few months back. what I've found to work best is an 20-80 ratio- almost completely unweighting the front foot and holding down in the back. I'm not a beast like @Lou Strux and only have 5050, 5.0, and the slides, fs/bs, but I'm starting to get them faster and go farther. Really, if you keep your weight on the back foot, think of it like hitting concrete pool coping, you're going to keep going through, whereas too much weight on the front foot, you're gonna lock up and the rear truck won't even get on, let alone lock in. maybe this makes sense for you?
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

beandemon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #242 on: August 13, 2021, 09:01:47 AM »
Unlocking FS slaps on a nice curb with a whack approach. You pretty much have to head straight at it, quickly turn away from the way you want to hit it, then carve into it. Question mark type line. I keep getting into a carve grind instead of on top of the damn thing, but it’s coming.

Ric Leonetti

• Rep: 20
  • Sorry if my name offends you
« Reply #243 on: August 13, 2021, 09:22:20 AM »
For me the main thing is to switch heel to toe pressure in the last moment before I hit the curb.
If you want fs slappy and you are goofy head towards the curb under steep angle and as you approach apply pressure on both feet to toes to direct you towards the curb,  just before your front trucks hit the curb switch it to the heel side.

On approach hold your right arm in the groin area and you back arm behind your ass and when you do feet movement hitting the curb in the same moment switch your arms places.

Ps. I don’t consider trick to be slappy if your front truck doesn’t hit first.
The Man From The Place Of Clay

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 344
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #244 on: August 13, 2021, 09:32:29 AM »
Unlocking FS slaps on a nice curb with a whack approach. You pretty much have to head straight at it, quickly turn away from the way you want to hit it, then carve into it. Question mark type line. I keep getting into a carve grind instead of on top of the damn thing, but it’s coming.

IMO that's the right idea, the trucks rebound nicely up the curb when you're in a sharp carve like you're describing.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

manysnakes

« Reply #245 on: August 13, 2021, 10:02:32 AM »
Has anyone else just completely lost frontside slappys? I had them on lock a few summers ago, and now whenever I try them, I end up doing a Willy grind or sending my body flying over the curb. I don’t know what happened, except accumulated injuries and age.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #246 on: August 13, 2021, 10:48:58 AM »
Learning switch BS slappies and OMG are they fun

beandemon

• Rep: 181
« Reply #247 on: August 13, 2021, 02:17:07 PM »
For me the main thing is to switch heel to toe pressure in the last moment before I hit the curb.
If you want fs slappy and you are goofy head towards the curb under steep angle and as you approach apply pressure on both feet to toes to direct you towards the curb,  just before your front trucks hit the curb switch it to the heel side.

On approach hold your right arm in the groin area and you back arm behind your ass and when you do feet movement hitting the curb in the same moment switch your arms places.

Expand Quote
[close]

IMO that's the right idea, the trucks rebound nicely up the curb when you're in a sharp carve like you're describing.
To clarify, the run up to the curb is awkward; my technique is slow and stiff yet fairly sound.  You guys have totally helped me get my mind around what’s going on, though. As a result of the carve to get to the curb, my weights already heelside and back, not allowing me (or I need to figure out how) to shift my weight as my front truck climbs the curb.
Ric, your description of arm movement and weight transfer is spot on. I’ve subconsciously been doing that on transition for ever.

Has anyone else just completely lost frontside slappys? I had them on lock a few summers ago, and now whenever I try them, I end up doing a Willy grind or sending my body flying over the curb. I don’t know what happened, except accumulated injuries and age.

Yeah, that’s kinda where I’m at with this spot. Had them last summer and did some this spring. Between flinging over and Willy-ing under is where it lives. The older I get, and I’ve been on the fourth floor for awhile, the tougher new or dusting off old spots/tricks is. If I skate enough to feel a little synergy, I wind up too sore and the process begins anew.

Landmine

• Rep: 185
« Reply #248 on: August 13, 2021, 02:26:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
To clarify, the run up to the curb is awkward; my technique is slow and stiff yet fairly sound.  You guys have totally helped me get my mind around what’s going on, though. As a result of the carve to get to the curb, my weights already heelside and back, not allowing me (or I need to figure out how) to shift my weight as my front truck climbs the curb.
Ric, your description of arm movement and weight transfer is spot on. I’ve subconsciously been doing that on transition for ever.

Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, that’s kinda where I’m at with this spot. Had them last summer and did some this spring. Between flinging over and Willy-ing under is where it lives. The older I get, and I’ve been on the fourth floor for awhile, the tougher new or dusting off old spots/tricks is. If I skate enough to feel a little synergy, I wind up too sore and the process begins anew.

I'm in this boat.  I'm re-learning everything and always sore.  Still haven't gotten slappies to stick yet, but it'll happen. 

EvenStevieNicks

• Rep: 30
« Reply #249 on: August 14, 2021, 02:46:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Hey all,

Chiming in on some breakthroughs I've had as I try to learn proper BS slappies and recover from ACL recon back in early March.

I'm lucky to have a perfect curb cut by my house to work with, and I've been using the cut as a ramp to get up there grinding... I had grown very comfy with this kind of grind before my surgery, but I'm chasing the real goods here as I'm sure so many are.

I've posted my curb here for reference not because it's a great pic, but to illustrate the changes in how I'm approaching it, and my weight distribution as I hit.

I've moved from a really shallow 25-30 degree angle of approach and just ramping up into a 50-50, to a 90 degree approach with a deep carve into the cut. As I've worked on the timing and deepened the carve into the curb cut, I've begun to feel out the beginnings of ramming into the curb like a proper slappy.

I force myself to place my front foot almost in the pocket and always covering all my bolts, back foot in just a bit from the end of the tail and with both front and back feet slightly "opened" (or heels slightly closer together than toes). This helps with the "back truck following the front" deal, and it helps open my shoulders as I find the balance point up into the fifty.

I'm working on weighting into my toes now to rely less and less on the cut. I'm almost powersliding for a split-second and hitting the middle of the cut! My front heelside wheel is hitting the top corner of the cut, and the ramp of the cut is helping ease my weight up into the slappy.

I'm unlocking this trick piece by piece, and as I heal and get more confident that I'm not gonna rip out my graft, I can sense the full slappy is really close!
[close]

I broke through with slappies during the winter but really got em down a few months back. what I've found to work best is an 20-80 ratio- almost completely unweighting the front foot and holding down in the back. I'm not a beast like @Lou Strux and only have 5050, 5.0, and the slides, fs/bs, but I'm starting to get them faster and go farther. Really, if you keep your weight on the back foot, think of it like hitting concrete pool coping, you're going to keep going through, whereas too much weight on the front foot, you're gonna lock up and the rear truck won't even get on, let alone lock in. maybe this makes sense for you?

I totally get you. You're bang on with the 80/20 thing too... I'm old as shit at 42, and with the knee stuff I'm having to work pretty hard to get that accuracy back. But I worked in a new spot with lil 5" curbs, and I've been able to apply what I've learned to regular curbs with no cut!

Now I'm playing with fs stuff, and I've banged off a couple of decent fifties (and smiths weirdly)! I definitely rely on the "pool coping" attack for frontside.

Also, I discovered that PVA concrete bonding agent makes a wicked curb treatment... Rub brick, PVA, wax. It seems to soak into the concrete and I swear I'm hanging up on the front truck way less.

djoekr

• Rep: 322
« Reply #250 on: August 14, 2021, 04:10:04 AM »

My 50s used to be like this. What helped for me was getting real comfortable with doing 5050s and then really force your shoulders to be straight above the curb, like you're standing straight on it. Once you're on it, put some weight on your back truck and grind that curb to the end
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #251 on: August 14, 2021, 04:38:49 AM »
Can slappies be done on Venture 5.0 lows ?

Im guessing no
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1405
« Reply #252 on: August 14, 2021, 07:05:41 AM »

Im guessing no

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #253 on: August 14, 2021, 07:11:59 AM »
Expand Quote

Im guessing no
[close]

Ha!

Is that the episode where Mac and Dennis rent the house in the suburbs? That's gotta be the best one.

You ever been in a storm, Wally? I mean, a real storm. Not a thunderstorm, but a storm of fists

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 604
« Reply #254 on: August 14, 2021, 07:18:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Im guessing no
[close]

[close]

Ha!

Is that the episode where Mac and Dennis rent the house in the suburbs? That's gotta be the best one.

You ever been in a storm, Wally? I mean, a real storm. Not a thunderstorm, but a storm of fists

Nah, it’s the one where the gang gets analyzed by Dee’s psychiatrist.

Hit him, hit him, hit him, hit him for Donny!
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #255 on: August 14, 2021, 07:19:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Im guessing no
[close]

[close]

Ha!

Haha it's the episode where they go on the Christian cruise and Mac finds out the pastor is in a gay relationship and he tries to get him to go back in the closet

The suburbs episode is hilarious too though

disclosed

• Rep: 186
« Reply #256 on: August 14, 2021, 10:46:09 AM »
so a while back i shortly switched from 60mm to 53mm wheels on my transition setup. running 215s on that. i was never able to do slappys on my transition board, but with the smaller wheels it was so damn easy, even got consistent slappys on the lower ledges at the skatepark. then i got new wheels, 55mm, and i couln't get onto the legdes anymore. curbs where still fine.
i guess this proves to me small wheels make it easier. i think its cause when you hit the curb your wheel can hit your board (like wheelbite), if that happens too quickly it wont retract enough to get onto the curb.
i'd say smaller wheels and risers are te golden ticket. but there's also a ton of people who swear bigger wheels help.
thoughts?

i learned them going straight at it too. it's honestly how i'd advice anyone to learn them prette easy to get that carve motion.
when you hit the curb do you make yourself weightless? almost like a jump (like you ever pump up in transition, thats how it feels to me) its allows you to get on the curb easier. i think if you get your truck higher on the curb you'll automaticly lock heelside and grind it out.
whenever i go from low curb back to a high curb i need to remind myself again to absord the impact a little more to get on top of it. so the first couple tries back on a high curb are allways more like carvegrinds.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #257 on: August 14, 2021, 11:00:04 AM »

i'd say smaller wheels and risers are te golden ticket. but there's also a ton of people who swear bigger wheels help.
thoughts?

Smaller wheels are also usually thinner so you have more hanger to work with. Wide trucks helps a lot. This summer I have messed with wheels from 48mm to 58mm on curbs. Too small and occasionally its harder to get up and on the curb (especially if its 90 degree curb). Too big and its easy to all right on over on top of the sidewalk. The sweet spot for me is 54-56mm but really any size wheel will work with a bit of adjustment. Again, I think the key is having a lot of hanger to work with. Wide and loose trucks.

A wider wheel can also help. Not sure why but I feel wider wheels have more of bite until you get them into a slide and then they slide really well. Perfect for curbs. Hmm maybe I need some conical wide 54s....

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #258 on: August 14, 2021, 11:44:16 AM »
Expand Quote

thoughts?

[close]

Smaller wheels are also usually thinner so you have more hanger to work with. Wide trucks helps a lot. This summer I have messed with wheels from 48mm to 58mm on curbs. Too small and occasionally its harder to get up and on the curb (especially if its 90 degree curb). Too big and its easy to all right on over on top of the sidewalk. The sweet spot for me is 54-56mm but really any size wheel will work with a bit of adjustment. Again, I think the key is having a lot of hanger to work with. Wide and loose trucks.

A wider wheel can also help. Not sure why but I feel wider wheels have more of bite until you get them into a slide and then they slide really well. Perfect for curbs. Hmm maybe I need some conical wide 54s....

Nerd post incoming: in the Polar thread there's been some discussion about why having a slight magic carpet deck-to-truck ratio can be helpful as well. something to consider in addition to the wide hangar idea. maybe wide hangars and an even wider deck would be ideal?

see posts below:

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dane 1 I’ve had for a bit, skated it with 159s and thunder 151s and hated it.

Decided to stick my 66s on it and I think they fit fine 🤷🏻‍♂️ Love it now!
Worn down conical 52 f4s with reds

[close]
Danes and Aces: perfect combo like peanut butter and jelly

I currently have Ace 55s on the same deck, been really loving it. Sometimes I wonder if I undersized the trucks a little, but a deck with that much taper can kinda go either way imo— either match the wider or the narrower section. Having more leverage on edges that extend (magic carpet style) out past the wheels can put you into tighter turns, but has the trade off that it also risks more wheelbite. ...Right?

Another interesting tidbit: Paul Schmitt claimed in his recent 9 Club ep that slightly narrower trucks can actually help on slappies for some sort of physics reason I don’t totally understand. He’s kind of a weirdo so idk how true it is but interesting to think about. Maybe bc you just get more twitchy control over the trucks?
[close]

I don't always agree with what he has to say, but I felt very validated or reassured or whatever with his comment about that.

When your wheels sit in from the edge of your board, you have more leverage to get up on to the curb. I know the standard train of thought is wider is better for slappies, but for me an Ace 44 has always worked better than say a 55 and it has always confused me. Now I feel like I have a bit of an explanation.
[close]

If you ride a magic carpet, the narrower truck is easier to navigate toward the railside of the deck. If you stand on the edges of your deck, (which you probably will for bs slappies) it is a bit easier to tip the board sideways since the narrower trucks doesn't get in the way.
Hope that made sense, english isn't my first language.

this is making we start to think about trying a really silly slappy setup, like tiny wheels/giant trucks/even more giant deck. could be fun...

disclosed

• Rep: 186
« Reply #259 on: August 14, 2021, 01:14:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

thoughts?

[close]

[close]

Nerd post incoming: in the Polar thread there's been some discussion about why having a slight magic carpet deck-to-truck ratio can be helpful as well. something to consider in addition to the wide hangar idea. maybe wide hangars and an even wider deck would be ideal?

see posts below:

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dane 1 I’ve had for a bit, skated it with 159s and thunder 151s and hated it.

Decided to stick my 66s on it and I think they fit fine 🤷🏻‍♂️ Love it now!
Worn down conical 52 f4s with reds

[close]
Danes and Aces: perfect combo like peanut butter and jelly

I currently have Ace 55s on the same deck, been really loving it. Sometimes I wonder if I undersized the trucks a little, but a deck with that much taper can kinda go either way imo— either match the wider or the narrower section. Having more leverage on edges that extend (magic carpet style) out past the wheels can put you into tighter turns, but has the trade off that it also risks more wheelbite. ...Right?

Another interesting tidbit: Paul Schmitt claimed in his recent 9 Club ep that slightly narrower trucks can actually help on slappies for some sort of physics reason I don’t totally understand. He’s kind of a weirdo so idk how true it is but interesting to think about. Maybe bc you just get more twitchy control over the trucks?
[close]

I don't always agree with what he has to say, but I felt very validated or reassured or whatever with his comment about that.

When your wheels sit in from the edge of your board, you have more leverage to get up on to the curb. I know the standard train of thought is wider is better for slappies, but for me an Ace 44 has always worked better than say a 55 and it has always confused me. Now I feel like I have a bit of an explanation.
[close]

If you ride a magic carpet, the narrower truck is easier to navigate toward the railside of the deck. If you stand on the edges of your deck, (which you probably will for bs slappies) it is a bit easier to tip the board sideways since the narrower trucks doesn't get in the way.
Hope that made sense, english isn't my first language.
[close]

this is making we start to think about trying a really silly slappy setup, like tiny wheels/giant trucks/even more giant deck. could be fun...

oh this might make sense. like i said it's my transition setup has the 215s, i'm riding 169s on my street setup that i allways use for slappys. i also feel like a slightly slimmer truck can deal better with the quick shift from horizontal to vertical when you hit the curb. i can't really explain it in english, hope you know what i mean.
and wider trucks wheelbite quicker. like what i mentioned in my earlier theory i feel like those can really stop your climb on high vertical curbs.
i also remember someone else on here saying they found slappys on 169s where much easier than 215s.

there must elements that really work to your advantage, but slappy preferences are allways all over the place. while in transition or tech skating its pretty clear what elements generally work better for you.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #260 on: August 14, 2021, 06:40:46 PM »

Im guessing no

I learned slappies on a 7.75" and 5.0 lows. I have a nostalgia setup that is an 8" with 5.2 lows and classic 50s, and it feels really amazing for slappy crooks. The big thing with the lows is that they have no kingpin clearance, so basically as soon as you start doing slappies you're grinding into the nut.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 233
« Reply #261 on: August 14, 2021, 06:56:11 PM »
The only difference I notice in wheels is how well they lock in, so shape > size. I can do them fine on 60 mm Ratbones or 56mm Spits.

For trucks, I find wider than 169s slip on and off the curb easier, I don’t lock in as easily.

But I don’t find anything makes much difference for the actual technique.

If you are just starting out, heading straight to the curb and carving into it is fine.

As you get more comfortable,you can hit it at lower angles with more speed.

But to help slap on, hang the heel off for a frontside, and toes off for a backside
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

pamier

• Rep: 15
« Reply #262 on: August 15, 2021, 01:03:52 AM »
Was skating a parking lot I always go to for flat ground and  curbs. Hit some random curb with what I thought was gonna be a smooth ass bs smith and then get violated by a morbidly obese chunk taken out the curb. They took the time to smash chunks out of the curb and repaint them got a swellbo and swollen hip, side not anyone know how to not fuck up your hips when you abruptly slam in the swell bow position? I got child bearing hips yfm.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2254
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #263 on: August 15, 2021, 08:31:14 AM »
Was skating a parking lot I always go to for flat ground and  curbs. Hit some random curb with what I thought was gonna be a smooth ass bs smith and then get violated by a morbidly obese chunk taken out the curb. They took the time to smash chunks out of the curb and repaint them got a swellbo and swollen hip, side not anyone know how to not fuck up your hips when you abruptly slam in the swell bow position? I got child bearing hips yfm.
They did the same “cut notches out of the curb” to the local Hospital Island Curbs at St. Luke’s on Valencia here in SF.
The used to be slaapy-able & some folks had worked sections in real nice.
Rolled down there for a session one day, only to learn that the spot had become little more than a manny pad.
I’ve been seeing this crude, but expedient technique used more & more lately. It’s pretty effective, I’ll give them that.
Hope yer hips & ‘bows are on the mend.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #264 on: August 16, 2021, 10:04:02 AM »
got up at dawn and brick rubbed a bunch of curbs proper at this spot nearby with a literal brick. post sweep then sit for a bit. then walked back to get the tin of lacquer the brush and a plastic thing to pour it in with some gloves. didnt get the sprays and did it in 2 parts as to have less shit with me and attract less attention. the fkn tin wouldnt open so had go back to get a wrench like a tool lmao. anyway i got 4 curbs sauced now. 3 of them single sided with 1 being a roll on. then a curved mfer that extends into a doublesider. some fairly old dude walked by with his morning coffee and his face lit up and said hey is that for skating so right away we had a moment. got some dollar store candles ready to go. the good kind. should be fun. im tired

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #265 on: August 16, 2021, 10:21:54 AM »
got up at dawn and brick rubbed a bunch of curbs proper at this spot nearby with a literal brick. post sweep then sit for a bit. then walked back to get the tin of lacquer the brush and a plastic thing to pour it in with some gloves. didnt get the sprays and did it in 2 parts as to have less shit with me and attract less attention. the fkn tin wouldnt open so had go back to get a wrench like a tool lmao. anyway i got 4 curbs sauced now. 3 of them single sided with 1 being a roll on. then a curved mfer that extends into a doublesider. some fairly old dude walked by with his morning coffee and his face lit up and said hey is that for skating so right away we had a moment. got some dollar store candles ready to go. the good kind. should be fun. im tired

Heavy duty

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #266 on: August 16, 2021, 12:12:01 PM »
The only difference I notice in wheels is how well they lock in, so shape > size. I can do them fine on 60 mm Ratbones or 56mm Spits.

For trucks, I find wider than 169s slip on and off the curb easier, I don’t lock in as easily.

But I don’t find anything makes much difference for the actual technique.

If you are just starting out, heading straight to the curb and carving into it is fine.

As you get more comfortable,you can hit it at lower angles with more speed.

But to help slap on, hang the heel off for a frontside, and toes off for a backside

A lot of keys in here. The "round wheels make slappies easier" thing gets thrown around, but for me a square-ish profile is pretty essential.

TheDingus

« Reply #267 on: August 16, 2021, 12:45:36 PM »
All this curb shit is ridiculous. When I see someone post  their “slappy set-up” and they have a board with a small nose and some 60mm wheels, I know they ain’t doing shit. A rail slide and a 5050 maybe. If you look at all the best curb skaters, those guys are riding a slightly larger board and 50-52mm wheels and use rails.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #268 on: August 16, 2021, 02:00:23 PM »

Ha that's cool

Post pics when you wax it up

Tyrone Slothrop

• Rep: 9
« Reply #269 on: August 16, 2021, 03:29:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
They did the same “cut notches out of the curb” to the local Hospital Island Curbs at St. Luke’s on Valencia here in SF.
The used to be slaapy-able & some folks had worked sections in real nice.
Rolled down there for a session one day, only to learn that the spot had become little more than a manny pad.
I’ve been seeing this crude, but expedient technique used more & more lately. It’s pretty effective, I’ll give them that.
Hope yer hips & ‘bows are on the mend.
Love your sig, bro.