Author Topic: Fast Food  (Read 7413 times)

brycickle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 167
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Fast Food
« Reply #120 on: January 08, 2023, 09:40:19 PM »

we also do chic-fil-a a bit but i just don't get the hype. 3 drive throughs with long lines at each

Chic-fil-a is a less than mediocre chicken sandwich, and the owners continually fund people to vote against the rights of many of my friends. I won't eat there.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 702
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #121 on: January 09, 2023, 08:39:34 AM »
Canada tier list:

S: A+W
A : Mary Browns, Popeyes, KFC, Wendy's, Harveys, Mr. Sub
B: McDonalds, Subway, Tim Horton's, Dairy Queen, Churches
C: Burger King, New York Fries, Fast Eddies
D: Taco Bell

havent tried chic-fil-a yet but i suspect B Tier.

therealnod

• Rep: 36
  • Brevity is
« Reply #122 on: January 09, 2023, 09:21:22 AM »
Canada tier list:

Canada sucks that much, too?

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -414
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #123 on: January 09, 2023, 09:57:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Canada tier list:

[close]

Quality is way better in Canadian KFC and McDonalds, KFC especially.  I used to love eating KFC when I lived up there but I wouldn't touch it in the US. Gotta throw Pizza Pizza and Swiss Chalet on the list too, I'm gonna order some Swiss Chalet gravy now so my girl can try it

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 831
« Reply #124 on: January 09, 2023, 10:26:50 AM »
What was they place in Canada called that did roast beef in an onion bun things? Haven't ate meat in years or been to Canada but I remember they were the best. Plus yeah the root beer in them frozen mugs at A&W fucking rules.
When I was broke the $2 subs at subway were my staple food. The odd $2 KFC and $1 slices were also consumed non stop.
Fuck Fast Eddies! Dill Fries holy shit that's a flash back! Is that just a London Ontario thing thou?

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #125 on: January 09, 2023, 11:18:41 AM »
Arby’s is the roast beef spot, with the curly fries.  Solid spot but not many around anymore.

A&W is overrated.  Buddy burgers and onion rings are good but their fries suck.  I used to hate Harvey’s but came around, their burger topping options rule and their poutine kicks ass too.

Mary Brown’s is indeed the shit, the taters are next level.  Tater poutine, omg.  KFC isn’t as good but has way better deals, Popeye’s is good but expensive.

Can’t believe US Wendy’s do (or did) 4 for $4.  We briefly had 4 for $8 I think it was, but now all those items are only sold separately for like $3/each.  Such a fuckin ripoff. 

Subway too, cheapest 6” is like $6.50 after tax, and now their debit machines and mobile app prompt you for tips on top of that, haven’t been since.  Hot & Readys are over $9 now, pre-tip, which why the fuck am I tipping for a Hot & Ready?

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #126 on: January 09, 2023, 11:36:13 AM »
Personal tier list. I don't get why Arby's has such a bad rep but they have the best mozzarella sticks you can get at a fast food spot.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #127 on: January 09, 2023, 12:39:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Canada tier list:

[close]
[close]

Quality is way better in Canadian KFC and McDonalds, KFC especially.  I used to love eating KFC when I lived up there but I wouldn't touch it in the US. Gotta throw Pizza Pizza and Swiss Chalet on the list too, I'm gonna order some Swiss Chalet gravy now so my girl can try it
Say man, you ever heard of a stove? I got a killer meatball recipe you can have. It's balls of meat that you cook. Really simple.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1667
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #128 on: January 09, 2023, 01:19:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Canada tier list:

[close]
[close]

One of my favorite memories of undergrad was when I had a roommate from Thailand.  He LOVED KFC in the US. He said that there was a substantial difference between ours and theirs and as a result, ate it on a weekly basis. 

I was still friends with a previous roommate who moved out and happened to be black.  The Thai roommate ended up bringing back a bunch of KFC, not knowing that the old roommate was there hanging out with us (I am a Saltine-American and the other roommate was middle eastern). Long story short, we all ended up eating the KFC but the old roommate was visibly uncomfortable. "Dude, you aren't going to be perpetuating stereotypes" was all I needed to say to smooth over the situation so we could all eat in a harmonious manner.  It was a veritable real life Curb Your Enthusiasm moment. I should hit those guys up again.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #129 on: January 09, 2023, 04:38:21 PM »
There are several Vietnamese (loosely speaking, you know what I mean) restaurants in my neighborhood. They are actually quite quick with food service. And the food is generally very good. They will invariably throw a fit if you want to order Pho to go. You could live behind the restaurant and they will try to make you eat it there. It's just something they don't think should be done. My first time at a new Pho spot and it took me fifteen minutes to convince them it'll still be just as good when I get home five minutes from now. It was fresher fifteen minutes before that, but that wasn't persuasive somehow.

They take that shit seriously.

It's maybe important to note that at a one time I had been working third shift for a number of years and I really, really didn't care to have a dine in experience in the middle of the day. Just want food and get the hell back home, eat it, and crash.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 04:49:04 PM by therealnod »

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #130 on: January 09, 2023, 04:45:02 PM »
There are several Vietnamese (loosely speaking, you know what I mean) restaurants in my neighborhood. They are actually quite quick with food service. And the food is generally very good. They will invariably throw a fit if you want to order Pho to go. You could live behind the restaurant and they will try to make you eat it there. It's just something they don't think should be done. My first time at a new Pho spot and it took me fifteen minutes to convince them it'll still be just as good when I get home five minutes from now. It was fresher fifteen minutes before that, but that wasn't persuasive somehow.

Yeah bro when they started the fast food thread they were clearly looking for recommendations on sit down hot soup restaurants, that really fits the bill

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2023, 04:52:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Yeah bro when they started the fast food thread they were clearly looking for recommendations on sit down hot soup restaurants, that really fits the bill
Check this, bro. Yeah, bro, I didn't eat it there. I took it home. And it was fast every time after. It was food that was fast. And it was good.

You got some kind of a problem?

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #132 on: January 09, 2023, 05:43:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Check this, bro. Yeah, bro, I didn't eat it there. I took it home. And it was fast every time after. It was food that was fast. And it was good.

Getting takeout from a sit down restaurant isn’t fast food you mongoloid

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #133 on: January 09, 2023, 08:06:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Getting takeout from a sit down restaurant isn’t fast food you mongoloid
It's not a sit down restaurant if you don't sit down in it, is it?

I'm sorry, you said your problem was what?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 08:16:09 PM by therealnod »

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #134 on: January 09, 2023, 08:21:31 PM »
It may or may not need to be said that fast food doesn't mean the food travels at great speed, but merely that it's prepared quickly, and being prepared in advance is as quick as you can get.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2023, 07:55:11 AM »
Yes it is you absolute brainlet.

It may or may not need to be said that fast food doesn't mean the food travels at great speed, but merely that it's prepared quickly, and being prepared in advance is as quick as you can get.
You can get takeout from Nobu, you would describe them as a fast food restaurant?

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #136 on: January 10, 2023, 08:13:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]
You can get takeout from Nobu, you would describe them as a fast food restaurant?
You can sit down to eat at McDonald's. Would you describe that as a sit down restaurant just because you sat down in it?

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2023, 08:21:49 AM »
i can masturbate in the wawa bathroom does that make it a brothel

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
« Reply #138 on: January 10, 2023, 08:22:34 AM »
please i need answers quickly please

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #139 on: January 10, 2023, 09:07:49 AM »
Did you sit down?

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #140 on: January 10, 2023, 10:47:37 AM »

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #141 on: January 10, 2023, 02:00:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
You can sit down to eat at McDonald's. Would you describe that as a sit down restaurant just because you sat down in it?
No, because McDonald’s is fast food, even if they have seating. It’s sort of like how a restaurant with table service isn’t fast food even if you get takeout

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #142 on: January 10, 2023, 02:35:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
No, because McDonald’s is fast food, even if they have seating. It’s sort of like how a restaurant with table service isn’t fast food even if you get takeout
Is it also sort of like how you don't call your mom a prostitute because she's "friends" with the people that pay her for sex?

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1127
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #143 on: January 10, 2023, 02:44:41 PM »
Do you guys know each other irl? Arguing with strangers on a MassageBoard about what constitutes fast food. This is embarrassing for you.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #144 on: January 10, 2023, 03:14:59 PM »
Nah. He just seems to want to have a go at me. I've asked twice what the problem is, but I guess he's too shy to say. I'm fine with it. It's more fizzle than sizzle at this point anyway.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #145 on: January 10, 2023, 03:34:08 PM »
Nah. He just seems to want to have a go at me. I've asked twice what the problem is, but I guess he's too shy to say. I'm fine with it. It's more fizzle than sizzle at this point anyway.

Posts idiotic take, somebody points out that it’s dumb, you get so butthurt that you go back and forth and argue yourself into a corner, realize you’re wrong and are so small that you have to call their mom a prostitute, then immediately deny that you’re arguing or care when called out. True emotional brainlet manchild activities. Go convince your neighborhood Italian restaurant to put baked beans on your pizza you fucking spastic.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #146 on: January 10, 2023, 03:37:18 PM »
Do you guys know each other irl? Arguing with strangers on a MassageBoard about what constitutes fast food. This is embarrassing for you.
Ed, from the bottom of my heart can you just please fuck off. I like your skating takes but it’s so annoying when you do this.

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #147 on: January 10, 2023, 04:03:59 PM »
some bullshit
I didn't call your mom a prostitute, I asked you why you don't. It's a legitimate question.

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #148 on: January 10, 2023, 04:05:21 PM »
We could be friends. It's no big deal.

therealnod

• Brevity is
« Reply #149 on: January 10, 2023, 04:12:13 PM »
I'll never think of this post and just to let you know people very rarely die twice.

You gonna bother telling what your problem is or nah?