Author Topic: Fast Food  (Read 7721 times)

Jebediah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 108
Re: Fast Food
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2022, 02:00:15 PM »
There's a canes where I lurk now. I went there once, and some dipshit was providing back up vocals through the drive through speaker, just screeching like a fucking chicken while taking the order.

It also gave me methane farts so I haven't been back.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2022, 04:24:45 PM »
Del Taco has much slept on shakes. If you like real ice cream with hella real strawberries, get that strawberry shake. And grab a churro while you’re at it.

Any pals in the Midwest fuck with Culver’s? I’ve heard nothing but good things.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2022, 04:25:57 PM »
Del Taco has much slept on shakes. If you like real ice cream with hella real strawberries, get that strawberry shake. And grab a churro while you’re at it.

Culver’s is so fucking good

caked

• Rep: -43
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2022, 07:30:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Culver’s is so fucking good

seconding. Culver's is fucking excellent. I consistently crave their burgers when I want a good ol cheeseburger. Something about the smashed patties and the high quality ingredients, with that Wisco cheese....damn! plus their flavors of the day are pretty spectacular.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2022, 07:32:29 AM »

Del taco is the best

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1699
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2022, 11:20:28 AM »
I felt like Culver's used high quality ingredients, but it didn't stand out. I had it 2 or 3 times over and span of 7 years and never craved it and don't miss it.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

NorthShore

• Rep: 5
« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2022, 03:38:05 PM »
I know that's just my opinion, man. But here we go:

Popeye's has gone downhill since they were taken over by Burger King.

In-N-Out Burger is really overrated. Their fries are horrible and they put 1000 Island Sauce on everything. The Double-Double is good but not anything you can't find elsewhere.

Shake Shack takes the crown for me in all of fast food. Portillo's is consistently legit if you're in the Midwest.

The McDonald's chicken nugget is the best nugget out, if made fresh and consumed right away. The McDonald's Egg McMuffin is the ultimate breakfast sandwich.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 541
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2022, 08:45:57 AM »
Just had my first Popeyes chicken sandwich and it was life-changing. Probably the first time I've ever ordered something and it was actually as big and as good as it looked in the picture.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -75
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2022, 09:31:50 AM »

In-N-Out Burger is really overrated. Their fries are horrible and they put 1000 Island Sauce on everything. The Double-Double is good but not anything you can't find elsewhere.

Shake Shack takes the crown for me in all of fast food. Portillo's is consistently legit if you're in the Midwest.

Thing about In-N-Out, Shake Shack, etc is that basically every major city in the US has at least one small, greasy smash burger joint that's probably been in business since the 40s' and beats the brakes off both of these places.
In KC we got Town Topic, which basically renders the Shake Shack useless to me.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2022, 09:38:57 AM »
I literally don't believe anyone that doesn't rank Culver's at the top. Not only the best burgers but also the absolute best ice cream out there. What a combo

SupremePizza

• Rep: 72
« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2022, 05:31:52 PM »
They're not the best burgers but White Castle has always been a must everytime I visit Detroit.

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2022, 05:58:33 PM »
They're not the best burgers but White Castle has always been a must everytime I visit Detroit.
White Castle is a guilty pleasure for sure. My family has a tradition of getting a couple of crave cases every New Year’s Day and eat an uncomfortable amount.

Get hungry on it!

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 541
« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2022, 06:14:09 AM »
This morning I skipped my usual yogurt parfait in favour of a Breakfast Baconator combo from Wendy’s.  Highly recommended if you’re craving a burger and fries at 7am and want to feel like garbage for the rest of morning.

KBizzle

• Rep: -17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2022, 08:14:59 AM »
Rally's French Fries >>>>>>>>

doublesteveburger

« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2022, 08:28:19 AM »
what Rally's lacks in burgers and literally everything else it makes up for in fries

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2022, 09:27:15 AM »
what Rally's lacks in burgers and literally everything else it makes up for in fries

I feel the same about McDonald's. They go bad in 10 minutes flat but straight out of the fryer, salted liberally, and dipped in Heinz ketchup (none of that house brand shit) they're a comfort food for me.

I don't know if this counts since it's not a traditional fast food place, but I wish people outside of the Mid-Atlantic region got to experience the magic of Sheetz when you're stoned at 1 AM.

Anyone tried the wagyu burger from Arby's? There's only 2 options, I went for the big mac imitation one. Actually a pretty good imitation of a good hamburger for $8, and you get the added bonus of curly fries. It's not going to replace my beloved beef n cheddar, but I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2023, 06:44:26 AM »
I still dream about how amazing Dicks was when I visited Seattle

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #107 on: January 06, 2023, 07:23:44 AM »
What's the status on Cookout in North Carolina these days? Still popping? Went to NC for a 10 day skate trip years ago and the crew was stoked on it, especially the Cheerwine.

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #108 on: January 06, 2023, 07:50:30 AM »
What's the status on Cookout in North Carolina these days? Still popping? Went to NC for a 10 day skate trip years ago and the crew was stoked on it, especially the Cheerwine.

Can’t speak for NC but in Virginia it’s kind of the go to fast food spot especially past 12 AM. The cost has gone up a bit in the past few years of course but it’s still the most affordable best tasting poison in the south.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2023, 07:58:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Can’t speak for NC but in Virginia it’s kind of the go to fast food spot especially past 12 AM. The cost has gone up a bit in the past few years of course but it’s still the most affordable best tasting poison in the south.

i feel like the hype has died down a little bit. the one by the college is always packed but they've been popping up all over the area and i rarely see anyone at the drive thru (granted, im driving by them at normal food hours and not midnight).

its good but none of the locations are close enough to the house for me to get it often (10-15 mins to any of the close ones).

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2023, 10:00:18 AM »

Curious how long ago that was? I personally think it’s overpriced and not that good. The only thing they have going for them is being open late imo

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #111 on: January 06, 2023, 10:39:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Curious how long ago that was? I personally think it’s overpriced and not that good. The only thing they have going for them is being open late imo

It was 2020, first and only time I had it. Just fuckin hit the spot for me

Tireeedd

• Rep: 87
« Reply #112 on: January 06, 2023, 05:19:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It was 2020, first and only time I had it. Just fuckin hit the spot for me

Last time I had it, it was 2019 and I felt the same way, the fries were alright but the burger was actually nice in comparison to In&Out

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 136
« Reply #113 on: January 06, 2023, 08:52:11 PM »
I ordered ahead from Five Guys and still had to wait there for close to an hour last week. ‘Twas bullshit.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #114 on: January 08, 2023, 05:03:55 AM »
I ordered ahead from Five Guys and still had to wait there for close to an hour last week. ‘Twas bullshit.

damn that sucks. ive only had it a handful of times but when i dont care about spending $20 on a meal and want to be as full as a person can be, ill get a burger, cheese dog and fries and get as stoned as possible.

JoseCansnake0

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #115 on: January 08, 2023, 07:58:16 AM »
I literally don't believe anyone that doesn't rank Culver's at the top. Not only the best burgers but also the absolute best ice cream out there. What a combo

Custard, if I'm not mistaken. It beats soft serve 100/100

I try to not eat fast food ever, but if I do, it's culvers.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -409
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #116 on: January 08, 2023, 10:01:46 AM »
Shake Shack is garbage, they barely season their beef so you really feel like it’s just a slab of ground beef, it’s fresh but nowhere near worth $10 for a no effort burger and some frozen crinkle cut fries. They opened one up literally on my corner and I’m bummed.

Popeyes used to have way better chicken but when they run good deals I’ll stop grab some, the red beans and rice is so good and the biscuits are top tier when fresh, location is very important though you have to get a good one if they have shitty owners you’re fucked, plus sandwich is whatever they either put an insane amount of Mayo or and insane amount of hot sauce when i got it either way

I used to live next to the checkers on girard and broad in philly so I’d eat there all the time for the 4 for 4s

Wendy’s 4 for 4 is the go to for value but their nuggets taste weird, burgers are tasty though, also you might still be able to sub an iced coffee for your soda with the 4f4 if you’re on the go

Taco Bell is delicious but you’re spending minimum $10 getting anything good which is what I’m trying to avoid getting fast food, I’ve eaten like ten tacos at once though, with chips too I love Taco Bell. I’m of the opinion that the plain tacos are the best, Doritos or soft for me, but I like to throw a classic crunchy in for childhood nostalgia purposes sometimes. Crunchwrap etc shit is weird, it always tastes kinda good cuz it’s Taco Bell but it’s not as good as the classics. Their chips and nacho cheese are scrumptious

Chipotle is alright, don’t want to spend $12 on lunch but truth be told it’s nutritious at least, it’s real food to an extent

McDonalds is my go to because I drink a ton of coffee and I use their $1 coffee coupon every time I’m out and about. I just end up getting a $4 double hamburger combo with my coffee. I justify it because I don’t eat enough red meat or iron rich food in general so it’s a decently filling portion of weird but satisfying McDonald’s burger when you’re emergency hungry, then you get a huge coffee for when you go skating for $5 together. Not a bad deal but I hate the food now. Back in 2015 I used to get their chicken tenders for fifty cents each with a coupon. I’d get 8 and take them back to my apartment around the block and make chicken and waffles with eggos and aunt Jemima syrup.

Burger King is alright I haven’t had it in years used to go to the one across from Cecil all the time. Whoppers are delicious but chicken is weird

Chick fil a is so fucking good that sauce with the chicken mmmmmmmmm

All in all get all the apps and don’t pay more than $5-6 for shit and eat it in emergencies and you’re good

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #117 on: January 08, 2023, 11:08:03 AM »
wendy's tip: lately ive upgraded from the double stack to the daves double with the pretzel bun. its like a different place when you get the bigger patty and its so damn good.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
« Reply #118 on: January 08, 2023, 12:07:44 PM »
we don't eat at any of the old school fast food places. there's a lot of places here in austin that we hit when we need something quick. tacos are big so i go with trochy's

or taco deli.

it's not drive up as much as order on the app and pick it up but that flow works fine for me.

we also do rudy's a lot for breakfast

for burgers, i don't really get the hype on in and out. we've got hat creek and p'terry's here which i prefer.

we also do chic-fil-a a bit but i just don't get the hype. 3 drive throughs with long lines at each

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #119 on: January 08, 2023, 12:39:41 PM »
not sure if this has come up in this thread or if these are located outside of the Detroit area, but i've been addicted to the Falafel sliders and their seasoned fries (fuck, and the breaded cheesy curds). shit is definitely a bit more expensive than regular old "fast food," but worth it in my humble opinion

https://www.savvysliders.com/menu/