Author Topic: nakel lotties rant  (Read 178576 times)

conqueso

Re: nakel lotties rant
« Reply #600 on: May 27, 2021, 05:43:21 PM »

ZeroSk81999

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #601 on: May 27, 2021, 06:01:30 PM »
you guys are brushing over kids at the local park with lotties product were getting their shit smashed due to the beef, and that two pages back there is a video of Nickel acting a fool at said park while trying to smash midler's pro model

one-off

• Rep: 107
« Reply #602 on: May 27, 2021, 06:02:51 PM »
The miracle of Slap: pile enough random trash in the right thread and you get lovely productive compost

ManimalChin

• Rep: 22
« Reply #603 on: May 27, 2021, 06:23:29 PM »
For West LA shops I like Rip City. I know the guys are old and don't stock everything people might want, but I think they have a good selection and experience of running a shop. Unfortunately a good skate shop in LA is going to cater to tourists and beginners some.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 360
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #604 on: May 27, 2021, 06:53:43 PM »
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #605 on: May 27, 2021, 07:58:15 PM »
lol in all seriousness apparently mike was just over the politics involved with running a skateshop. can't blame him. respect for opening a shop and having it become one of the most recognized shops in just (3-4?) years and going out while still on top. im gonna miss the wheatley lotties vids :( this was on repeat

lol its not like he was some no name person rubbing two pennies together to get by. but they did do a great job of leveraging that to make some cool shit and i honestly dont get why he's closing it.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #606 on: May 27, 2021, 09:16:00 PM »
Expand Quote
lol in all seriousness apparently mike was just over the politics involved with running a skateshop. can't blame him. respect for opening a shop and having it become one of the most recognized shops in just (3-4?) years and going out while still on top. im gonna miss the wheatley lotties vids :( this was on repeat

[close]

lol its not like he was some no name person rubbing two pennies together to get by. but they did do a great job of leveraging that to make some cool shit and i honestly dont get why he's closing it.

Yeah to have that many skate shop collabs in that short time is wild.   

If you can’t handle skate shop politics then you might be out of luck wherever you go because that exists in some form in every job. 

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #607 on: May 27, 2021, 09:57:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

If you can’t handle skate shop politics then you might be out of luck wherever you go because that exists in some form in every job.
Agree to an extent. But, maybe the profit margins just weren't enough to tolerate it and/or it was killing his interest in a passion. A regular 9/5 where you have way less of an emotional attachment may just be easier to compartmentalize the bullshit than something you love.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #608 on: May 27, 2021, 10:08:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

How many other skate shops have their team/kids beat-up due to what they are wearing?

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #609 on: May 27, 2021, 10:22:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

How many other skate shops have their team/kids beat-up due to what they are wearing?
I hope none, and has this happened outside the stupid Nak video?

I honestly find Nak the most insufferable person in skateboarding (not that it makes him the worst, fuck dudes like Yonnie, Daryl Angel, etc). He's been pro for like 6 years, and hasn't put out a memorable or iconic part, yet has sponsorships like he's a top pro. I at least get the KB hype, dude is naturally one of the most talented guys on a board when he chooses to skate. Nakel seems more a product of his sponsorships (FA/Supreme) than someone who helps define the brands that sponsor him.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1296
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #611 on: May 27, 2021, 10:37:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I honestly find Nak the most insufferable person in skateboarding (not that it makes him the worst, fuck dudes like Yonnie, Daryl Angel, etc). He's been pro for like 6 years, and hasn't put out a memorable or iconic part, yet has sponsorships like he's a top pro. I at least get the KB hype, dude is naturally one of the most talented guys on a board when he chooses to skate. Nakel seems more a product of his sponsorships (FA/Supreme) than someone who helps define the brands that sponsor him.
yes

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #612 on: May 27, 2021, 10:46:26 PM »
21 pages damn. Anyone feel like giving me a recap of this thread? I heard the shop closed?

too late $NaKoin is already to the moon goat drip invest now for you best price GANG !

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #613 on: May 27, 2021, 10:51:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
yes
That's ridiculous and sucks. I'm 3000 or so miles away, but I loved what Lotties was doing video-wise, and this sounds like a loss for the area. Why was this happening? I get people being robbed for high-end/desirable gear, even if I think its shitty, but to beat someone up for wearing a Lotties shirt or shop board is so fucking stupid its beyond comprehension.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #614 on: May 28, 2021, 01:15:30 AM »
Expand Quote
You’ll have to be specific. Would you like to know about Nakel calling out the shop, the art of being “cool guyed”, vulk vs cupsole, rumors of lotties closing? This thread has it all and more.
[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
21 pages damn. Anyone feel like giving me a recap of this thread? I heard the shop closed?
[close]

Nakel ‘green lit’ Lotties for not giving away free product.

@Atiba Applebum determined he looks like a wookie.

@Pete thinks he should just move to Rip and Dip and fade off into obscurity.

Then 15 pages later @BugleBites (poster formerly known as glumps (sp?) and @Seadramon had it out over whether the Lakai Owen is a vulk or a cup sole. I believe it ended with both conceding that it is a hybrid.

There was some other discussion but I believe I covered the highlights.
[close]

Lol thanks. Why did Lotties close?

Mark Gonzales traded his stock of Oven VLK's to buy some Nakoins, used that $ to flow Brent Atchley with a non Adidas sponsorship that led to Charlotte (lottie) the dog to bite Mike's hand off, so he's on sick leave.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Ghost Face

• Rep: 108
« Reply #615 on: May 28, 2021, 03:05:32 AM »
Wait..... I thought Lottie bit Nikels finger off?
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #616 on: May 28, 2021, 03:29:34 AM »
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

harch

• Rep: -2
« Reply #617 on: May 28, 2021, 04:49:54 AM »
Lotties closed down because he heard Doug Brown was coming into town and setting up shop, Nickel and his groupies were just doing Dougs dirty work.

donkey

• Rep: -67
  • donk
« Reply #618 on: May 28, 2021, 06:09:49 AM »
can someone grow a pair of nuts and call lotties today and find out why they are closing? ill dm mike today

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #619 on: May 28, 2021, 06:13:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Untitled by , on Flickr

"If i get covid i get covid, at the end of the day im not gonna let it stop me from partying, you feel me"

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #620 on: May 28, 2021, 09:08:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nakel ‘green lit’ Lotties for not giving away free product.

@Atiba Applebum determined he looks like a wookie. Ewok

@Pete thinks he should just move to Rip and Dip and fade off into obscurity.

Then 15 pages later @BugleBites (poster formerly known as glumps (sp?) and @Seadramon had it out over whether the Lakai Owen is a vulk or a cup sole. I believe it ended with both conceding that it is a hybrid.

There was some other discussion but I believe I covered the highlights.

At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 105
« Reply #621 on: May 28, 2021, 09:57:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Not every job has to deal with shit talking kids riding your ass on the internet and in real life everyday. Most jobs don't have any sort of celebrity attached nor do your employees and supports get beat up for wearing your merchandise. This does not 'exist in some form in every job'.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #622 on: May 28, 2021, 10:07:14 AM »

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #623 on: May 28, 2021, 10:30:54 AM »

waffle

• Rep: 125
« Reply #624 on: May 28, 2021, 10:53:21 AM »
Can’t confirm it’s 100% this (i.e. not a combination of other factors), but I heard closing is just because the lease ended and he didn’t feel like renewing.

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #625 on: May 28, 2021, 10:57:09 AM »
Expand Quote
no its not. they are a design collective going with time and grabbing cultural references and ideas from the past and make them new and not one pair of slim fitting jeans.
they will be around a lot longer than some of you guys are hoping for.

would you laugh about how David bowie dressed? would you think he would have made that much of an impact if he was just a regular boring guy with a t-shirt and some jeans? the world view some of you guys have is far to boring for me.
[close]

Are you comparing Nak to David Bowie? You remove the flashy outfits and David Bowie is still a cultural icon-- aboring outfit with jeans he is still Ziggy Stardust

You kids throwing on a Bart Simpson Tshirt while skating to the Smashing Pumpkins or some other extremely popular 90s band does not make you "a design collective grabbing cultural references from the past and making them new" youre nothing more then cultural scavangers unaware of how fucked you really are.

Fucking compares Nak to Bowie, fuck you.

alex

• Rep: 34
« Reply #626 on: May 28, 2021, 11:07:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

too late $NaKoin is already to the moon goat drip invest now for you best price GANG !

Just sold all of mine and i'm buying lotties to reopen it as A Shop No Longer Deterred
Suns out, im going skating. chow

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -486
« Reply #627 on: May 28, 2021, 11:27:43 AM »
Expand Quote
in terms of nak focusing people’s boards. at the 17:30 nak tries to focus alex midler’s first pro model. pretty shitty

[close]

Just watched from the 17.30 mark.

Lots of slow learner, problem child energy going on in that park.

My take away was that Mikey Alfred wears a fucking pocket watch. Fuck I hate that dude. All these dudes suck.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

alex

• Rep: 34
« Reply #628 on: May 28, 2021, 11:34:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
in terms of nak focusing people’s boards. at the 17:30 nak tries to focus alex midler’s first pro model. pretty shitty

[close]

Just watched from the 17.30 mark.

Lots of slow learner, problem child energy going on in that park.
[close]

My take away was that Mikey Alfred wears a fucking pocket watch. Fuck I hate that dude. All these dudes suck.

How to we merge this thread with the North Hollywood one?
Suns out, im going skating. chow

ManimalChin

• Rep: 22
« Reply #629 on: May 28, 2021, 12:17:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I've worked in many industries including skateboarding, legal (law firms) and film, and skateboarding is not worth the hassle, imo. If he can get work doing design work for brands, that probably pays better than having a skate shop in West Adams.