Author Topic: nakel lotties rant  (Read 178760 times)

lovermangenius

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 16
Re: nakel lotties rant
« Reply #720 on: June 04, 2021, 09:18:19 PM »
Sorry if I missed it but is there anything concrete that shows Nak is the reason Lottie's closed? I thought someone here said that the lease expired and Mike was over it. Seems a lot more likely than Nak greenlighting them.

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #721 on: June 04, 2021, 09:57:45 PM »
Expand Quote
lmao at that nerd in his bedroom with the explainer video. holy shit
[close]

Dude's just giving a quick rundown on the whole situation, cut him some slack

the fuck! that video is 14 minutes long! that ain't a quick rundown, that foo sat us down to have a talk.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #722 on: June 04, 2021, 10:02:40 PM »
Sorry if I missed it but is there anything concrete that shows Nak is the reason Lottie's closed? I thought someone here said that the lease expired and Mike was over it. Seems a lot more likely than Nak greenlighting them.
Mike posted new product a day or two before closing. If lease was expiring, I'm sure it would be less sudden.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #723 on: June 04, 2021, 10:06:28 PM »
Looking like he just deleted his insta or all Of his posts. He posted a picture of Trae Young at MSG with a weird caption saying “me vs the industry rn. Y’all act nosey but don’t give AF.” Something along those lines. Looks like he deleted it along with the rest of his Instagram posts. Thinking he’s of FA and Adidas possibly.
he does this every like 9 months he definitely isn’t of FA or adidas

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #724 on: June 04, 2021, 10:26:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Looking like he just deleted his insta or all Of his posts. He posted a picture of Trae Young at MSG with a weird caption saying “me vs the industry rn. Y’all act nosey but don’t give AF.” Something along those lines. Looks like he deleted it along with the rest of his Instagram posts. Thinking he’s of FA and Adidas possibly.
[close]

He’s bored so he throws a fit for drama/attention.   You know, like a emotionally developed adult

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #725 on: June 04, 2021, 10:31:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

He’s bored so he throws a fit for drama/attention.   You know, like a emotionally developed adult
I doubt he's booted off his sponsors. But, I can't say I'll miss him if it is true. I have no connection to Lotties as a shop, but I loved their edits. Much more than any Nak footage I've seen.

Taraval

• Rep: 28
  • :p
« Reply #726 on: June 05, 2021, 01:54:55 AM »

A big reason for the close that only a few people know about is that on a day after the nakel stories (I forgot which day specifically) was that a lotties kid was going to open the shop while Mike was busy and there was a group of nakel friends/fans/dumb kids that were posted at the shop waiting for any lotties kids to come. The employee called Mike and said he didnt want to open the shop out of fear, and mike said dont worry, im just gonna close the shop and close my accounts.

Met Mike once and can say huge, huge fan. DMed him asking if i can buy any last min product but he said he gave a bunch away to shops and friends outside of LA and didnt make any more. I know mike can make good art for vans and outside of skating, but i really hope nakel feels really fucking good that a bunch of kids got beaten up and more are intimated and cant wear lotties gear because of Nak's dumbass following.
😶

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #727 on: June 05, 2021, 02:45:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A big reason for the close that only a few people know about is that on a day after the nakel stories (I forgot which day specifically) was that a lotties kid was going to open the shop while Mike was busy and there was a group of nakel friends/fans/dumb kids that were posted at the shop waiting for any lotties kids to come. The employee called Mike and said he didnt want to open the shop out of fear, and mike said dont worry, im just gonna close the shop and close my accounts.

Met Mike once and can say huge, huge fan. DMed him asking if i can buy any last min product but he said he gave a bunch away to shops and friends outside of LA and didnt make any more. I know mike can make good art for vans and outside of skating, but i really hope nakel feels really fucking good that a bunch of kids got beaten up and more are intimated and cant wear lotties gear because of Nak's dumbass following.
Mike sounds soft as hell. Like the rest of y’all who just let this dude focus you and your homies boards with no repercussions. Couldn’t be me lol. Does nobody in LA have a cliche conflict resolution Kevin?
Naks gonna be naked and jackin it in San Diego in no time, calling it now

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #728 on: June 05, 2021, 03:18:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Mike sounds soft as hell. Like the rest of y’all who just let this dude focus you and your homies boards with no repercussions. Couldn’t be me lol. Does nobody in LA have a cliche conflict resolution Kevin?

yeah, right, would have been way more badass if he sacrificed the shop clerk kid to naks cult goons. so soft he let the kid go home and closed up to not have his teenage employees harmed. what a pussy.

i think since you are an idiot i should probably point out that that was sarcasm.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #729 on: June 05, 2021, 03:27:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

yeah, right, would have been way more badass if he sacrificed the shop clerk kid to naks cult goons. so soft he let the kid go home and closed up to not have his teenage employees harmed. what a pussy.

i think since you are an idiot i should probably point out that that was sarcasm.
Yep, a couple pimply scrawny teenagers are hanging out intimidating people in front of my business, no way should I call the cops, or maybe even go down to my own shop to handle things. Might as well close up operations for good.
You’re bitchmade franky

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #730 on: June 05, 2021, 03:29:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Tell em! Mike's decision was more courageous than instigating more violence or stoking this bullshit.

I'd be tearing my "Dream No Longer Deferred " shirt off if I had one. I don't though because they're god awful.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #731 on: June 05, 2021, 03:31:10 AM »
Lmao “naks cult goons”. go outside

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #732 on: June 05, 2021, 03:36:02 AM »

There's more than one way to handle a conflict, you'll learn that when you grow up.

I wonder how this will affect politics within the FA/Hockey camp. I bet AA is bummed, wonder what will come of that (if anything)
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #733 on: June 05, 2021, 03:43:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There's more than one way to handle a conflict, you'll learn that when you grow up.

I wonder how this will affect politics within the FA/Hockey camp. I bet AA is bummed, wonder what will come of that (if anything)
What kind of side step bullshit response is this? Don’t start a business that people rely on for money if you’re just going to close up shop at the first sign of problems. This guys shop was apparently so cool with the dog and all but he got vibed out by shops that sell gangster bugs bunny boards? I’m not saying mike has to go down and start threatening these kids, but there’s plenty of ways to go about it besides closing down shop.
Also im sure youre real grown up guy who’s username is “urtripping” with a spongebob avatar. My 15 year old cousin would create that exact account, spelling and all.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 03:56:22 AM by Blueabyssofthisss »

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #734 on: June 05, 2021, 03:47:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Yep, a couple pimply scrawny teenagers are hanging out intimidating people in front of my business, no way should I call the cops, or maybe even go down to my own shop to handle things. Might as well close up operations for good.
You’re bitchmade franky

no i ran a shop and had windows smashed in and shit like this and if you are in volatile place where employees and merch can get hurt or damaged you are stupid to hang around to seem tough. you are a clueless bitchbaby. wtf is wrong with you. cops can't patrol that shop all the time, nor will they probably care a lot about that conflict unless something criminal already happened and bringing them in might also not be something that reflects well on the shop or mr lotties. seems more like a calculated thing and that he cut his losses for his employees safety. nothing soft about that.

and you are still a fucking idiot, i told you i wrote in sarcasm, yet you took the cult goons comment for super real.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #735 on: June 05, 2021, 03:51:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
You’re bitchmade franky
[close]

no i ran a shop and had windows smashed in and shit like this and if you are in volatile place where employees and merch can get hurt or damaged you are stupid to hang around to seem tough. you are a clueless bitchbaby. wtf is wrong with you. cops can't patrol that shop all the time, nor will they probably care a lot about that conflict unless something criminal already happened and bringing them in might also not be something that reflects well on the shop or mr lotties. seems more like a calculated thing and that he cut his losses for his employees safety. nothing soft about that.

and you are still a fucking idiot, i told you i wrote in sarcasm, yet you took the cult goons comment for super real.
Nobody smashed in anybody’s windows buddy. Calm down, it was a couple pimply kids who probably drove by and yelled “fuck lotties, gang gang,” as they were blasting Naks shitty mixtape. Your shop probably sucked ass if it was targeted that much. Never heard of a good shop having problems like that

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #736 on: June 05, 2021, 04:21:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
You’re bitchmade franky
[close]

[close]
Nobody smashed in anybody’s windows buddy. Calm down, it was couple pimply kids who probably drove by and yelled “fuck lotties, gang gang,” as they were blasting Naks shitty mixtape. Your shop probably sucked ass if it was targeted that much. Never heard of a good shop having problems like that

shop was in a street where every year riots would take place on the first of may and usually another later in the year, and if you didn't sit in front of it staying guard the glass front might have been smashed in. happened to most business back then in that area. i worked there for two years and one year we had our window smashed in and stuff was looted from the front of the shop after the riots and in general the area still was sketchy. the owner closed down because insurance wouldn't pay for the damages. it doesn't matter if it's riots or threats by whoever, you can't take that risk at some point. if anything happens to the employees he might be held liable for it, destroyed goods can't be sold, and hostile lurkers create an atmosphere where no one will shop in. what should he do? hire security people?

your dumb ass opinion just shows you have the mentality of a child about this and were never responsible for anything, neither goods, nor people.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 588
« Reply #737 on: June 05, 2021, 04:28:47 AM »
Couldn’t be me. I would beat up the children. Gang gang.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #738 on: June 05, 2021, 04:36:35 AM »
Once again nobodies windows were smashed. This is about why Lotties closed down shop, and it defintely wasn’t from any rioting. Nice straw man paragraph. I can assure you the police can handle a few kids in IC/ FA gear loitering around.
  In a sea of supposedly wack shops, the one cool shop doesn’t have any local support or people to back them up? To me it sounds like the locals realized Lotties was faking the steeze and took their business to the place with the bowl down the street. A couple IC fanboys were the straw that broke the camels back and a good scapegoat for why the business failed.
 Also something about your spelling and the way you’re trying to sell this so hard, makes your story sound fake as hell bud.
 Back to the video and trick tip sections I go, where the chill girls are.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #739 on: June 05, 2021, 04:49:30 AM »
hell yeah dude

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1213
« Reply #740 on: June 05, 2021, 05:31:18 AM »
Damn, blueabyssofthis loves the cops.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #741 on: June 05, 2021, 05:33:13 AM »
I don't have ties to Lotties or particularly care about Nak but I don't think this aged well

Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #742 on: June 05, 2021, 05:47:42 AM »
If that is true. It is pretty lame that Mike couldn’t go down there and at least address the situation. If the shop was on a street where by what sounds like yearly every May or whatever there’s a riot, that’s very poor planning on opening the shop on that street and not off that street in the same area. I hope this isn’t why lotties closed. Because if it is that is pretty spineless of Mike. Like at least go down there and address the  situation.  I have no connections to lotties I enjoy the shop edits a lot and strongly dislike Nak. But if that story is true that he closed down because a kid opening shop was threatened and he just closed up instead of opening for the kid or going down there with the kid that’s spineless. People get robbed it sucks and is shitty but you can’t quit every time your threatened or someone says something mean to you. I really hope this story is fake because it would be the one that bums me out the most.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 06:07:47 AM by Murge »

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 808
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #743 on: June 05, 2021, 07:04:24 AM »
some of these story are silly and sound like people making up stuff . You don't have to make up stories, there really was a skate shop looting last year, probably many of them?  Familia in Minneapolis got hit hard during the George Floyd riot, windows smashed, product stolen. The FBI caught some of the looters, a crew of them were sadly local skater kids who frequented the shop. The owner there is extremely depressed about all of it, replacement glass shortage, covid shutdowns, and plywood windows in frozen Minnesota for over a year. And they're still open...
Genuinely curious, how do you know all of that?
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
  • Free Max B
« Reply #744 on: June 05, 2021, 07:32:09 AM »
lmaooo "i am an insider"... you mean with the fbi? or did you just mean you kinda know one of the dudes who works the shop, and asked after the very publicized looting how the shop held up. like literally everyone else with a local shop last may? you sound like an og Ekin or some shit dont blow your cover.

better delete some stuff soon bro we might find out that your boy is real close with another dude, whos brother works the counter at a skateshop in minnesota. i think youll survive a data breach player it aint that deep.

free max b
FREE MAX B

donkey

• Rep: -67
  • donk
« Reply #745 on: June 05, 2021, 07:42:47 AM »

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #746 on: June 05, 2021, 07:54:19 AM »

Love watching some OG slappers get bent out of shape because of what some rando said. It's my new Saturday morning cartoons.
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #747 on: June 05, 2021, 08:01:18 AM »
Expand Quote
lmaooo "i am an insider"... you mean with the fbi? or did you just mean you kinda know one of the dudes who works the shop, and asked after the very publicized looting how the shop held up. like literally everyone else with a local shop last may? you sound like an og Ekin or some shit dont blow your cover.

better delete some stuff soon bro we might find out that your boy is real close with another dude, whos brother works the counter at a skateshop in minnesota. i think youll survive a data breach player it aint that deep.

free max b
[close]

no those guys are my friends. I just mean if they're on here they could ID me. and then I would be embarrassed about getting busted for being on SLAP

Well if your own friends are on here... Why does it matter to them that you are?

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
  • Free Max B
« Reply #748 on: June 05, 2021, 08:03:58 AM »
Expand Quote

free max b
[close]

no those guys are my friends. I just mean if they're on here they could ID me. and then I would be embarrassed about getting busted for being on SLAP
youve just been slapped big dawg. see im somewhat of an insider myself.

free max b
FREE MAX B

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 360
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #749 on: June 05, 2021, 08:05:11 AM »
SLAP kicks ass.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E