Author Topic: The Shorts Thread  (Read 5931 times)

matty_c

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
Re: The Shorts Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2021, 11:05:00 AM »
King gees, ruggers, Canterburys
I like my shorts short

The krew ones were good back in the day they were made out of that dri fit stuff they make the surf walkshorts out of

Boardies are cool too
listen to cosmic psychos

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2021, 11:27:51 AM »
All the dads at my kid’s baseball games wear shorts and dad shoes; I’m out there like a psychopath in pants and vans. I feel like I need to get some shorts, but not some Union bay cargos like the dads.
Hit the old navy last weekend, got a couple of pairs of these and some like tech workout shorts. $60 total, not bad.
https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=661349052&cid=5226&pcid=5226&vid=1&cpos=42&cexp=2223&kcid=CategoryIDs%3D5226&cvar=16849&ctype=Listing&cpid=res21070411131494926815617#pdp-page-content

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1422
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2022, 11:48:13 PM »
hell ya for skating in shorts. shits nice on those humid days/nights. obviously shinners are more prevalent, but whatever. it's worth it

just above the knee is perfect. got a pair of synthetic Adidas shorts and a pair of cotton yoga type shorts from Prana that have a mesh net inside for keeping the junk in place and absorb the sweat
Support your local skate shop

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2022, 03:21:38 AM »
roughly 10usd from Shoppee..shipped from China. picture taken from Shoppee website..

Bror

• Rep: 23
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2022, 03:36:44 AM »
Is there any baggy jeans shorts at decent prices? I love my butter jeans so much but paying 90€ for a short feels too much

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 652
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2022, 10:55:31 AM »
Is there any baggy jeans shorts at decent prices? I love my butter jeans so much but paying 90€ for a short feels too much
If you're cool with used/vintage stuff, try looking for Levi's Silvertab shorts on eBay. At least in the US, you can easily find them for $30-40 in most sizes. I have two pairs that I got used online that are super nice and both a baggy/loose fit like how I imagine Butter Goods makes them.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2022, 12:02:04 PM »
Love thrifting older tech hiking / bathing suit type shorts and if they have a liner , just cut them out . Found some good stuff over the years from Columbia , North face , Nike , Patagonia , etc .

I got some mesh champion shorts from orchard skate shop that are a little too small.

I’ve also got some sick tech shorts on sale from Bronze as well as some stretchy waisted “work shorts” from them .

veritas

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2022, 12:27:49 PM »
I just skate in the cheap Champion mesh shorts if I have to skate in shorts, they’re super comfy and if they get fucked up, they’re cheap.

This, but with 20 dollar nike or adidas basketball or running shorts.

braksabbath

• Rep: 192
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2022, 12:36:20 PM »
https://www.mountainhardwear.com/p/mens-basin-pull-on-short-1927101.html
All things pants are a struggle for thunder thighs and these are the best short ever. Full stretch, crotch gusset is key, one zipper pocket, taper cut, can use as swim trunks. Team Thicc Boi approved

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 100
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2022, 12:57:00 PM »
It got hot here for a couple of days, wore my Dickies shorts for 4 days, now it's cold again
Cocteau Twins

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2022, 02:42:36 PM »
Grabbed some shorts from Dickies while they were on a really solid sale. It's annoying how often they change their pants SKUs, but these were the three I narrowed things down to.

I'm really liking these: https://www.dickies.com/utility-shorts/cooling-utility-shorts-11/SR601.html?dwvar_SR601_color=BK They sort of feel like swim trunks but more durable. At 5oz fabric, it's the lightest weight shorts I've seen from them. Has button up velcro back pockets which is nice while skating and taking transit. Phone stays in the front pocket just fine. A good balance of light weight but not too light weight for keeping your phone in place. Definitely recommend them if you don't mind something sliiiiightly reminiscent of swim trunks. They have been great during super hot days... They also have a flex waist version, but it looks like it might be a latch fly, so I got these.

The "skateboarding" shorts are pretty alright... Very similar to a discontinued pair I loved from them. A bit heavier/thicker though. Even though it says slim fit, they don't really feel slim fit to me. Worth getting on sale. https://www.dickies.com/shorts/dickies-skateboarding-slim-fit-shorts-11/WRSK94.html even their images show that they aren't really slim fit... Strange...

Haven't gotten to skate in these yet but they are definitely heavier than the other two, so be aware of that. Probably not going to want to skate in these as often as the other two due to that... But they're mostly cotton so they're comfortable: https://www.dickies.com/shorts/dickies-x-series-active-waist-shorts-11/XR832.html

All three of these have a standard button fly, are flexible, and have solid pockets, so they're definitely worth looking into.

Anyone else find any good shorts for skating?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 10:16:45 PM by FuzzGNU »
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1310
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2022, 02:53:40 PM »
I have thick fat ugly calves and I rather just sweat out my pants through this hot ass texas heat. Sorry I have no recommendations but just thought that this was the only close to appropriate place to vent out my self consciousness.

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2022, 03:57:26 PM »
I have thick fat ugly calves and I rather just sweat out my pants through this hot ass texas heat. Sorry I have no recommendations but just thought that this was the only close to appropriate place to vent out my self consciousness.

Girls like big calves. Find some shorts you like. Only boomers shame other people about that stuff. Younger Gen Y and Z don't fuck with that... I believe in you getting over those barriers.

I used to never skate in shorts, and now I do it whenever weather requires it... It's a lot easier to skate in shorts, for real.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

Slugboi22

• Rep: 69
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2022, 04:13:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Girls like big calves. Find some shorts you like. Only boomers shame other people about that stuff. Younger Gen Y and Z don't fuck with that... I believe in you getting over those barriers.

I used to never skate in shorts, and now I do it whenever weather requires it... It's a lot easier to skate in shorts, for real.
this is some real shit! skating in shorts is pretty nice when it’s hot enough. carhartt shorts have been my recent favorites. i have these relaxed fit ones without the hammer loop and they fit great! just baggy enough and thin but sturdy. show off the big calves!! :)

braksabbath

• Rep: 192
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2022, 10:12:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They love them meat castles

Vintagebody

• Rep: 84
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2022, 10:27:30 PM »
Polar's are obviously the best jorts there is. Levi's have some baggier ones too.

And get real dude... I'd rather have big calves then the chicken legs I got, geneticly...

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2022, 12:37:05 AM »
I can’t get myself to wear jorts idk man. I have a pair of vintage Tommy Hilfiger jorts and I just can’t ever get myself to wear them out in public.

Uniqlo shorts are my personal favorite right now. I get the easy fit shorts they are kinda like a lighter sweatpants material. I wouldn’t say they are incredibly baggy but they are definitely a good looseness and a decent length too.

Any fellow tall pals got recommendations for longer shorts?

Vintagebody

• Rep: 84
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2022, 06:19:05 AM »
Jorts gotta be washed colors. Which is why Polar is the best. Washed black jorts I think is rather safe bet.
Other then that, anything oat/off white and olive green is very good colors.

I'm 6,3 and run size M Polar Big Boys, fits down to right above my knee

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1310
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2022, 06:47:39 AM »
Thanks all for the encouragement.

And get real dude... I'd rather have big calves then the chicken legs I got, geneticly...

I guess its a classic case of wanting what you don't have. I would gladly have some chicken legs instead. Mine are like upside down flesh triangles with shoes at the end. Despite it all, I will try wearing some shorts around the house to warm up my mind to the idea of wearing them full time during summer. I know it feels way better but I also have to be psyched on looking down in order to skate as well as I can.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2022, 09:07:53 AM »
i'm still all about patagonia baggies, I'm a size 32 usually - I have one pair size L and they fit great. they're my go to summer shorts. and then I have a size M that I actually use for swiming, surfing etc.

been eyein these ccs cord shorts but can't bring myself to spend $50 on a pair lol fit seems good and they look comfy

https://shop.ccs.com/collections/ccs/products/ccs-trail-mix-corduroy-shorts-olive

bombsaway86

• Rep: 168
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2022, 10:22:42 AM »
Sorry couldn’t resist

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 549
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2022, 10:56:21 AM »
874s + scissors

Frank and Fred

« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2022, 09:39:17 AM »
874s + scissors

This.

Only Ben Davis cut into better shorts for me. Buying new shorts is too stressful.

Buster_Poosey

• Rep: 8
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2022, 12:49:47 PM »
874s + scissors

This is the only option

streetpunk

• Rep: 4
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2022, 11:57:53 AM »
Been running these lately and feel great when skating (also been wanting to get my Lucas Puig on). Big downside is not being able to hold things in pockets when being active though.

https://www.gymshark.com/products/gymshark-arrival-7-shorts-navy-ss22

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 777
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2023, 05:36:22 PM »
Bump

PSA to anyone looking at Quasi shorts: don't skate in them.

These are the Quasi murmur shorts. They ripped at the crotch bad while I was skating today, literally from just bending down. I've skated in them many times before so this rip felt super random.

Thankfully there was a skate shop nearby (shout-out Anchor Skate Supply in St Pete FL, you guys are awesome), and thank the higher powers that I didn't run into any kids while getting to the shop.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2023, 06:06:18 PM »
Best sweatshorts ever…

https://www.nike.com/t/sportswear-club-mens-graphic-shorts-hQgvng/BV2721-386

Been getting them for $20 at the Nike store.

Back pocket snaps shut.

Baggy fit on point. Deep front pockets—cell phone doesn’t peek out.

Material thick enough so no one sees your dick flapping around. Thin shorts make me feel like I’m wearing underwear.

Get um!

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -619
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2023, 06:15:46 PM »
I pretty much only skate in carhartt cargo shorts, even in winter. Surprised they haven't been mentioned itt yet. Super durable. I can't wear gym shorts or that kind of thing to skate in, I feel too much air going around my legs because they are so lightweight and it throws me off
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

BL0B

• Rep: 420
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2023, 09:15:03 PM »
Bump

PSA to anyone looking at Quasi shorts: don't skate in them.

These are the Quasi murmur shorts. They ripped at the crotch bad while I was skating today, literally from just bending down. I've skated in them many times before so this rip felt super random.

Thankfully there was a skate shop nearby (shout-out Anchor Skate Supply in St Pete FL, you guys are awesome), and thank the higher powers that I didn't run into any kids while getting to the shop.

what was the underwear situation here, commando, jockstrap, tighty whitey, g-string?