Author Topic: Daan on homophobia  (Read 65982 times)

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1390
Re: Daan on homophobia
« Reply #480 on: August 10, 2021, 09:07:02 AM »
Expand Quote
It is mad to me how many people pull off the mental corkscrew of being

1.) US Americans that live in a country that elected a dumbfuck C-celebrity TV-Host for president
2.) on this very board reading other skater's in-depth explanations about why pro skaters can't get slips for being assholes

and then still come on here and play the bullshit-ecrusted violin of 'who gives a fuck what he thinks or says, he's just a skater'. Like... how much more does it take for you doughnuts to realize that people in totally undeserved celebrity positions have a stronger political influence today than pretty much any entire entitiy in the public arena?

Let's say a random sample of 13 year old US boys get to see their favourite skater complain about the "LGBT propaganda", and same boys also get a talk on basic civil rights and progressive social dynamics and feminism in school by a visiting spokesperson, like let's say a university post-doc or so. Who is seriously going to doubt what the vast majority of these boys' opinion will be about LGBTQ+ rights? Even if the skater is 'just a drunk on a wooden stick' and the other is a highly educated expert. Plus also let's get real, this same example doesn't work only for 13 yr old boys but also for the vast majority of adults on this forum and the entire industry...
[close]

It’s hilarious to me most of Europe is on the same bird brained shit a majority of the time but gets none of the blame. Hell look what France is doing with Hijabs.

I'm sorry sir, but the anti euro section was on page 10, you seem to have missed your stop

SR ACF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -291
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #481 on: August 10, 2021, 09:23:57 AM »
Expand Quote

1.) US Americans that live in a country that elected a dumbfuck C-celebrity TV-Host for president
2.) on this very board reading other skater's in-depth explanations about why pro skaters can't get slips for being assholes

and then still come on here and play the bullshit-ecrusted violin of 'who gives a fuck what he thinks or says, he's just a skater'. Like... how much more does it take for you doughnuts to realize that people in totally undeserved celebrity positions have a stronger political influence today than pretty much any entire entitiy in the public arena?

Let's say a random sample of 13 year old US boys get to see their favourite skater complain about the "LGBT propaganda", and same boys also get a talk on basic civil rights and progressive social dynamics and feminism in school by a visiting spokesperson, like let's say a university post-doc or so. Who is seriously going to doubt what the vast majority of these boys' opinion will be about LGBTQ+ rights? Even if the skater is 'just a drunk on a wooden stick' and the other is a highly educated expert. Plus also let's get real, this same example doesn't work only for 13 yr old boys but also for the vast majority of adults on this forum and the entire industry...
[close]

It’s hilarious to me most of Europe is on the same bird brained shit a majority of the time but gets none of the blame. Hell look what France is doing with Hijabs.

low hanging fruit but wrong tree, mate. I didn't say US Americans per se are shit, but I'm saying as a US citizen (which my guess is over 90% of people on here) to deny the terrible political influence of celebrities is so stupid it needs an effort to get there.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #482 on: August 10, 2021, 11:06:03 AM »

A lot of words for you to just say that you don’t know that many Americans or 13 year olds.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -273
« Reply #483 on: August 10, 2021, 11:06:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fuck, social media is stupid. Who gives a shit what Daan’s views on anything regarding politics or social issues are he’s just some drunk who rides a wooden toy for a living. No one is following him for political commentary and even though I agree he’s a dumbass and possibly a homophobe, why do dlx need to say anything, and what good is talking shit on a message board gonna do. He probably doesn’t even realise he’s homophobic
[close]

I agree with everything here. And as someone who has posted here for over ten years, cancel culture and the dweebs on here these days has just about broken me.
[close]

It wasn’t the prolapsed assholes, gore, Tracer, endless river of dick pics and hairy assholes and incessant arguing. It was a pro being held accountable for promoting hate that broke you. Hahahahha

All that stuff made this place fun. Now we are left with keyboard warriors that post in no way how they probably actually are in real life.
I just want to put on wax that I’m in no way homophobic, again just the excessive amount of fucking losers in this place is hard to grasp

A pro I’ve never met posted a meme that could be seen as hatred - now i cant skate a board with someone else’s name on it because it’s from the same distributor.. cmon! This is elite levels lame

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #484 on: August 10, 2021, 11:08:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fuck, social media is stupid. Who gives a shit what Daan’s views on anything regarding politics or social issues are he’s just some drunk who rides a wooden toy for a living. No one is following him for political commentary and even though I agree he’s a dumbass and possibly a homophobe, why do dlx need to say anything, and what good is talking shit on a message board gonna do. He probably doesn’t even realise he’s homophobic
[close]

I agree with everything here. And as someone who has posted here for over ten years, cancel culture and the dweebs on here these days has just about broken me.
[close]

It wasn’t the prolapsed assholes, gore, Tracer, endless river of dick pics and hairy assholes and incessant arguing. It was a pro being held accountable for promoting hate that broke you. Hahahahha
[close]

All that stuff made this place fun. Now we are left with keyboard warriors that post in no way how they probably actually are in real life.
I just want to put on wax that I’m in no way homophobic, again just the excessive amount of fucking losers in this place is hard to grasp

A pro I’ve never met posted a meme that could affend - now i cant skate a board with someone else’s name on it because it’s from the same distributor.. cmon! This is elite levels of lame.

It's like a contest who can go the furthest.

Like we all agree... Daans a dousch... A homophobic one it seems

But like the levels of people trying to show how much they hate him is absurd.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2532
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #485 on: August 10, 2021, 11:25:19 AM »
Beyond most people criticizing him for posting that meme, and a handful of people saying they won't be buying his deck, what other "levels" of "hate" were expressed here? And by how many people?

I get that you're trying to be a contrarian, but I don't think that you've actually read the discussions in this thread. You just came in hot calling out people for criticizing Daan, not even addressing what they were saying or engaging with the topic at all until the previous page.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Brguy

« Reply #486 on: August 10, 2021, 11:39:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Either people are lobotomized or you're conflating propaganda with corporate advertising.
[close]

Corporate advertising is a form of propaganda, but the end goal isn't to turn people gay, but to cynically appeal to progressive values only through representation. Showing gay people exist is the lowest bar to clear and does nothing really for gay rights other than to say "gay people love old navy too!"
[close]

Pointing out the hollow gesture of corporate diversity in advertising is not what anyone means when they use the term “LGBTQ propaganda” or “the gay/trans agenda.”
[close]

Are you kidding? This is exactly what people think of when Pride comes around and every single corporate entity changes their social media icons to rainbow flags for a month. Utterly fucking useless virtue signaling/symbolism.
[close]

They think pinkwashing is somehow orchestrated by the community?
[close]

No what I am saying is there are plenty of wide swaths of this country that are still more than slightly bothered by the idea of someone being gay, so when they see fucking United Airlines do a bunch of corporate shit for Pride, they see that as promoting the gay agenda.
[close]

Sure, but trolls were arguing in this thread that Daan's meme wasn't directed against the community, when in fact "LGBT propaganda" is a phrase used exclusively by the anti-LGBTQ crowd. When they use it, they're not protesting pinkwashing, they're protesting LGBTQ rights and visibility.
You can't just say anyone who uses a term is a biggot, this is ridiculous. And I suppose what any person with commons sense thinks when it comes to the "propaganda" is exactly the "you can't badmouth someone in this group" mentality people seem to have sometimes. Also, the word "propaganda" came with the growth of advertising in general, I guess the war propaganda kinda juggled the popular meaning a bit and made it  something more manipulative and evil(as if advertising didn't suck anyway).

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 206
« Reply #487 on: August 10, 2021, 11:43:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

A pro I’ve never met posted a meme that could affend - now i cant skate a board with someone else’s name on it because it’s from the same distributor.. cmon! This is elite levels of lame.
[close]

We definitely don’t all agree he’s homophobic, that’s basically why people are continuing the thread, because people keep asking stupid questions about whether or not the dude was being homophobic. Obviously he’s homophobic.

Personally if people want to boycott DLX that seems silly but who cares really? It’s some rando on slap. I dunno why you people get so sensitive. Do you own DLX? If so maybe ask Daan to shut up. If not maybe let it go. Don’t get so offended so easily.

Also I dunno why you people think I’m not like this IRL. I’m very much like this IRL. I’ve also been skating since I was a little kid and I love it that the meatheads are being told to quiet down. This is the best era of skateboarding ever.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #488 on: August 10, 2021, 11:49:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
We definitely don’t all agree he’s homophobic, that’s basically why people are continuing the thread, because people keep asking stupid questions about whether or not the dude was being homophobic. Obviously he’s homophobic.

Personally if people want to boycott DLX that seems silly but who cares really? It’s some rando on slap. I dunno why you people get so sensitive. Do you own DLX? If so maybe ask Daan to shut up. If not maybe let it go. Don’t get so offended so easily.

Also I dunno why you people think I’m not like this IRL. I’m very much like this IRL. I’ve also been skating since I was a little kid and I love it that the meatheads are being told to quiet down. This is the best era of skateboarding ever.

I keep the same energy as well. Everybody knows i can't shut the fuck up and i have no problem voicing my opinion

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #489 on: August 10, 2021, 11:55:37 AM »
Beyond most people criticizing him for posting that meme, and a handful of people saying they won't be buying his deck, what other "levels" of "hate" were expressed here? And by how many people?

I get that you're trying to be a contrarian, but I don't think that you've actually read the discussions in this thread. You just came in hot calling out people for criticizing Daan, not even addressing what they were saying or engaging with the topic at all until the previous page.

I'm not trying to be a contrrarian

Maybe me and you see different things but the Daan thread, Jamie foy, tk, bam... Whatever thread... All are hate filled cesspits.

Look I really don't think give a fuck and don't particularly care for a homophobe like Daan. So I'm not going to waste precious energy defending him because he's not worth it.

But like the other posters have said the tone in here has been pretty venomous in the past year and these threads get pretty ugly.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Mariatorresflores

• Rep: -94
« Reply #490 on: August 10, 2021, 12:56:02 PM »

I've deleted a bunch of posts quoting a blatantly transphobic post. Instead of replying to these posts, please just report them.

I know of at least 1 other post thats been edited or removed in which someone threatened Dan with violence. Kind of hard to keep track of how much hateful rhetoric you've actually been able to stir up when you keep deleting them. Skews things in your favor.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #491 on: August 10, 2021, 01:01:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
I've deleted a bunch of posts quoting a blatantly transphobic post. Instead of replying to these posts, please just report them.
[close]

I know of at least 1 other post thats been edited or removed in which someone threatened Dan with violence. Kind of hard to keep track of how much hateful rhetoric you've actually been able to stir up when you keep deleting them. Skews things in your favor.

Are you enjoying yourself Alan. Have to say you seem like you're having a great time keeping your own thread alive, coming back to the pot to stir often; definitely see why you're a mod.

There are two different users: Alan and Allen. And you keep complaining about this thread but you're a big reason why it keeps growing because every couple pages you show up again to scold us

Mariatorresflores

« Reply #492 on: August 10, 2021, 01:04:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Are you enjoying yourself Alan. Have to say you seem like you're having a great time keeping your own thread alive, coming back to the pot to stir often; definitely see why you're a mod.
[close]

There are two different users: Alan and Allen. And you keep complaining about this thread but you're a big reason why it keeps growing because every couple pages you show up again to scold us
I already edited that. I only reply when it's at the top of the page because I frankly can't believe it. it's pathetic. And you point out a faux pas and ignore my valid point.

edit: My contributions to this thread, 7 posts. Dalesr's contributions, 38 posts. But yeah I'm the one keeping the thread going.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 01:41:59 PM by Mariatorresflores »

Mariatorresflores

« Reply #493 on: August 10, 2021, 01:08:47 PM »
Alan does routinely come back to stir the pot for whatever reason. Or maybe it's to remove the hateful posts that, according to him never existed.

Prolapsed assholes in a thread about the "family friendly" X Games is cool with Alan though. Strange...

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
« Reply #494 on: August 10, 2021, 01:20:59 PM »
the only time i ever see Alan post is in these threads and usually just going on about how much better of a person he is than everyone else. i do learn a new buzzword or five every time he pops into one of these threads though. so thanks
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -273
« Reply #495 on: August 10, 2021, 01:23:47 PM »
the only time i ever see Alan post is in these threads and usually just going on about how much better of a person he is than everyone else. i do learn a new buzzword or five every time he pops into one of these threads though. so thanks

He’s very good at that

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1363
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #496 on: August 10, 2021, 01:47:48 PM »
You dorks realize Alan is the UWTB mod right? Maybe stop posting such shitty takes and they won't have to come through and clean up your mess.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 409
« Reply #497 on: August 10, 2021, 01:58:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He’s very good at that

Alan does routinely come back to stir the pot for whatever reason. Or maybe it's to remove the hateful posts that, according to him never existed.

Prolapsed assholes in a thread about the "family friendly" X Games is cool with Alan though. Strange...

Look, if you just cut to the chase and call us all virtue signaling cucks, you won’t need to post in this thread anymore.

dustyassrocketswitchv

• Rep: -138
« Reply #498 on: August 10, 2021, 02:16:51 PM »
How many pages can we get to?! Woooo let’s keep it going!
big texas cummer

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -224
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #499 on: August 10, 2021, 02:25:11 PM »
Maybe he was decrying the inclusion of such characters as The Booty Warrior and The Tossed Salad Man into mainstream television programming.

Chris Rock even went so far as to say we needed The Tossed Salad Man in schools. This representation is disconcerting.

2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -749
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #500 on: August 10, 2021, 02:31:58 PM »
DM BA like a man and ask him if Daan is Homophobic.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #501 on: August 10, 2021, 02:47:43 PM »
You dorks realize Alan is the UWTB mod right? Maybe stop posting such shitty takes and they won't have to come through and clean up your mess.

speak for yourself. i have made zero “take” in this thread regarding anything but the manner of aforementioned poster’s presence 

Ric Leonetti

• Rep: 20
  • Sorry if my name offends you
« Reply #502 on: August 10, 2021, 03:10:28 PM »
Who do you guys dislike the most -Alan or Allen or Daan? You can choose 2.
The Man From The Place Of Clay

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #503 on: August 10, 2021, 03:38:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
I already edited that. I only reply when it's at the top of the page because I frankly can't believe it. it's pathetic. And you point out a faux pas and ignore my valid point.

edit: My contributions to this thread, 7 posts. Dalesr's contributions, 38 posts. But yeah I'm the one keeping the thread going.

Hey you gotta get that sweet PAL status somehow and if it's by swatting shitty takes like an NBA player blocking a child's shot then I'll gladly do it

Tuff Lover

• Rep: 4
« Reply #504 on: August 10, 2021, 09:05:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Either people are lobotomized or you're conflating propaganda with corporate advertising.

Edit: I was wondering why there were so many Brazilians in this thread, and I think I now know why. If I'm not mistaken, propaganda has a different meaning in Portuguese than it does in English. I think it's (nearly) synonymous with advertising.

This doesn't make you defending Daan any more acceptable, but at least it explains some of your posts.
[close]

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #505 on: August 10, 2021, 09:15:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Edit: I was wondering why there were so many Brazilians in this thread, and I think I now know why. If I'm not mistaken, propaganda has a different meaning in Portuguese than it does in English. I think it's (nearly) synonymous with advertising.

This doesn't make you defending Daan any more acceptable, but at least it explains some of your posts.
[close]

[close]

It's the same meaning for both languages as a matter of facts.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 825
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #506 on: August 10, 2021, 09:20:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Aren't you the poster who would sometimes irrationally blow up on @GAY when he was posting regularly?
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #507 on: August 11, 2021, 04:17:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

dialated peoples is not from brazil, so you kind of missed the point

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2532
« Reply #508 on: August 11, 2021, 06:18:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

If you were really concerned about me stirring up hateful rhetoric by deleting posts (whatever that means), you would have complained to the admin. But you're not, so you won't.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #509 on: August 11, 2021, 08:02:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

If you were really concerned about me stirring up hateful rhetoric by deleting posts (whatever that means), you would have complained to the admin. But you're not, so you won't.

cop behavior