Author Topic: Chico Stix  (Read 3789 times)

RichardBarkley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -763
Chico Stix
« on: August 26, 2021, 07:56:23 PM »
"Chico Stix" https://www.chicobrenes.com

Chico coming out with a line of shaped boards

Defo grabbing one

I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Get bent
Re: Chico Stix
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 07:57:46 PM »
This is sick
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 503
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2021, 08:11:33 PM »
ngl, came here for the candy/skate crossover, but this is cool too

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2021, 08:37:25 PM »
Posted about it in the big boy thread while back, surprised he went back down to 8.75 on his big boy shape through. I love that shape though so I’ll be down either way (and if he’ll ship internationally)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1102
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2021, 08:51:42 PM »
He's will instantly sell every board he can get made. Good call, Chico.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2190
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2021, 10:01:17 PM »
Where do I sign up?!?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2021, 10:07:51 PM »
It was only a matter of time, these will sell like hot cakes.

Maybe should’ve done this last year

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2021, 06:21:15 AM »
Very down with this. Looking forward to seeing more

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2021, 06:21:52 AM »
You had me at Chico

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2021, 09:12:17 AM »
I think I saw 8.25 on his story as well.

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 61
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2021, 09:18:22 AM »
definitely support anything Chico. still can't figure out why adidas pays MJ and has him on the team page instead of Chico, probably the biggest travesty in skateboarding

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 608
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2021, 10:15:16 AM »
I am mad hyped about these decks. Not sure if I can get one. A bit surprised he didn't went with any company, but still nice.
IG: @flowterspace

Frank and Fred

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2021, 10:20:39 AM »
10% of all proceeds go to shipping skateboards to Nicaragua, in case you need another reason to support Chico.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2021, 10:22:14 AM »
definitely support anything Chico. still can't figure out why adidas pays MJ and has him on the team page instead of Chico, probably the biggest travesty in skateboarding

I feel the same….except they both deserve to be on the team page, lotta slander about MJ lately, don’t know how  I feel about it, guess he pissed off a lot of older dudes with the whole Lakai thing I guess, but he’ll always get a legend pass in my book, his whole tiltmode opus was a hell of a thing, and as watered down as business and whoever is, he still is the dude who made shuv it reverts on flat look pretty tight
You want some queso?”

OldCandy

• Rep: 22
  • cant shuv
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2021, 09:52:19 PM »
pressed by bbs
Nah i skate big boards cause i got big ass feet and a big ass dick

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2021, 11:32:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I feel the same….except they both deserve to be on the team page, lotta slander about MJ lately, don’t know how  I feel about it, guess he pissed off a lot of older dudes with the whole Lakai thing I guess, but he’ll always get a legend pass in my book, his whole tiltmode opus was a hell of a thing, and as watered down as business and whoever is, he still is the dude who made shuv it reverts on flat look pretty tight
Chico puts out 500x times the footy MJ does these days, the fact that Adidas doesn't pay him coupled with the reality that since he left chocolate only Krooked could give him a single guest board is a crime against skateboarding culture as a whole!

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2021, 11:39:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dude hasn’t done anything on a skateboard in a few years. Gino and Penny have put out demonstrably more in the last year or so, for instance.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2021, 01:06:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Chico puts out 500x times the footy MJ does these days, the fact that Adidas doesn't pay him coupled with the reality that since he left chocolate only Krooked could give him a single guest board is a crime against skateboarding culture as a whole!

Hard agree

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2021, 01:32:50 AM »
I know I often miss the instagram stories but saw these so took a snap of them for anyone who didn't see it.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2021, 03:08:55 AM »
Only 50 fuck

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2021, 03:22:58 AM »
Only 50 fuck

That is for the first lot of special signed boards with that graphic, from what I read.

So yeah 50 and that is it for that lot, but there will be more with other graphics in future runs.

Limited supply and what seems like very limited distribution too, so US only at this stage, but he is able to ship them (at your expense) where ever, which seems almost crazy to pay twice to three times for a deck, but each to his own as far as that goes.

Good luck to anyone keen to get one!

Fhk

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2021, 05:32:56 AM »
It was only a matter of time, these will sell like hot cakes.

Maybe should’ve done this last year
Maybe he waited until all the " Covid one hit wonders" came and went. That we can all actually skate them and they won't be leaned against the wall in someone's garage covered in dust.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2021, 05:56:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yea uhhh Mj and Chico are two different people, Chico doesn’t skate like MJ and MJ don’t skate like Chico, that being said you are correct in the fact that Chico has put out more footage, but some would argue that MJ footage prolly isn’t a couple nollie heels on flat or a bank somewhere, apples and oranges kid, love Chico and live MJ, they both deserve to be fully on adidas
You want some queso?”

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2021, 07:15:47 AM »
Wonder what the price is going to be, planned on grabbing the shape to skate but don’t want to pay for the signature. Guess I should wait for a later drop unsigned so I don’t feel bad about skating one

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2021, 07:45:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Yea uhhh Mj and Chico are two different people, Chico doesn’t skate like MJ and MJ don’t skate like Chico, that being said you are correct in the fact that Chico has put out more footage, but some would argue that MJ footage prolly isn’t a couple nollie heels on flat or a bank somewhere, apples and oranges kid, love Chico and live MJ, they both deserve to be fully on adidas
and MJ went to adidas because lakai couldn’t handle all of his big “ideas” while Chico (who also had trouble with crail) just let his skating do the talking. I’m not even taking about Chico’s daily footy on Instagram, I’m taking about the full 6 minute part he released last year (with no real paying sponsors), I never thought that out of the all the original girl/ chocolate crew that he would be the most productive in mid 40s.
You’re right though, apples and oranges, You can’t compare any other street skater in Chico’s age bracket to him because they simply aren’t that productive.

I love that he’s doing his own thing, but it would have been better if a bigger/ well established brand picked him up and let him have fun with his shapes…
*hard glances at dlx*

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2021, 08:12:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
and MJ went to adidas because lakai couldn’t handle all of his big “ideas” while Chico (who also had trouble with crail) just let his skating do the talking. I’m not even taking about Chico’s daily footy on Instagram, I’m taking about the full 6 minute part he released last year (with no real paying sponsors), I never thought that out of the all the original girl/ chocolate crew that he would be the most productive in mid 40s.
You’re right though, apples and oranges, You can’t compare any other street skater in Chico’s age bracket to him because they simply aren’t that productive.

I love that he’s doing his own thing, but it would have been better if a bigger/ well established brand picked him up and let him have fun with his shapes…
*hard glances at dlx*

I can totally agree with that, i probably sound a little bitter toward the MJ hate though, he was like my first favorite skater and will always have a soft spot for that bald weirdo, Chico kills it and deserves everything, and it’s a fucking shame that adidas can’t recognize that this dude has been a running billboard for their brand since I can’t remember, on a side note…..a MJ and Chico brand would pretty cool, ha I feel like MJ is gonna close up business and whatchamacallit soonish if not later, how tight would it be if he started riding Chico stix lol
You want some queso?”

Uncle Jeffrey

• Rep: 36
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2021, 08:54:54 AM »
Bro

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2021, 09:16:28 AM »
Any dimensions listed aside from width?
I also don’t give a fuck about a signature and just want to skate one of them so might hold off until there’s a regular run. Stoked regardless.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Frank and Fred

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2021, 10:37:16 AM »
14.5 WB on the 8.75
14 WB on the 8.25

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1102
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2021, 02:01:39 PM »
I have no opinion about Chico vs. MJ, but I know for certain that if I had to pick one of those dudes to go skate with some morning, and then get some burritos for lunch, it'd be Chico by a country mile
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021