Author Topic: Oskis New Truck Brand  (Read 133648 times)

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
Re: Oskis New Truck Brand
« Reply #1470 on: February 24, 2023, 03:21:23 PM »
If he wants to go forward he needs to find an mechanical engineer who can model them and do prober modeling/ tests of them.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1471 on: February 24, 2023, 05:20:47 PM »
I'm still amazed at:

1. The company lasted less than a full year.
2. People still bought each shitty iteration of a broken product.
3. Oski had a truck company go belly up and still seems to be chillin financially.

Puddy Smally

• Rep: 111
« Reply #1472 on: February 24, 2023, 05:39:20 PM »
I'm still amazed at:

3. Oski had a truck company go belly up and still seems to be chillin financially.

Ha! I actually really like Lurpivs when I’m not having to tend to them in some fashion. Last was pivot cup replacements, and I’m yet to skate on the replacements yet.

They, for whatever reason work extremely well for me, and I have massive pop on them.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

IpathCats

« Reply #1473 on: February 24, 2023, 05:44:35 PM »
Despite their issues, when they worked I liked how they performed.

If I wanted to try a different truck

I would be more interested in trying a revised/fixed lurpiv than any other truck currently being sold.

GBLange

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #1474 on: February 24, 2023, 06:02:13 PM »
who knows maybe Oski on them Stage 4 reissues..

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1475 on: February 24, 2023, 08:09:50 PM »

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
« Reply #1476 on: February 24, 2023, 08:19:57 PM »
Despite their issues, when they worked I liked how they performed.

If I wanted to try a different truck

I would be more interested in trying a revised/fixed lurpiv than any other truck currently being sold.

I would buy a hollow lurpiv easy, no matter what kingpin. I liked mine, just kind of heavy and I was in a tensor mag kick. Never had any issues

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #1477 on: February 24, 2023, 08:50:04 PM »
I did some of my best skating on the Lurpivs, def. a great geometry (or whatever you call that), great look, great turn, great grind. Until they bent and broke. Would cop again if improved.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2150
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #1478 on: February 25, 2023, 07:50:02 AM »
I was into the idea of them (except that split axle thing) & had decided to wait until they ironed out the issues I read about before picking up a set because once I get a set dialed in, I typically don’t wanna mess with ‘em again until they’re dead, save to swap them from deck to deck.
Obviously, I missed that train, but if an improved version pulled into the station, I may well get on board (so to speak.)
Do y’all think he’s trying out something new, or just burning through the old, left over inventory?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #1479 on: February 25, 2023, 09:10:28 AM »
I'm still amazed at:

And to expand on #3, it’s not like he ordered a pallet of trucks from China. He hooked up with a foundry in the country with the highest labor costs in the world.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #1480 on: February 25, 2023, 09:21:49 AM »
I absolutely loved my set, only retired them because I fucked the axle by cross threading my re threader  :'( . I'm eagerly awaiting their return. Hopefully they'll forgo the fancy box this go around and give me that extra euro back in the price.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1481 on: February 25, 2023, 01:43:09 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm still amazed at:

[close]

And to expand on #3, it’s not like he ordered a pallet of trucks from China. He hooked up with a foundry in the country with the highest labor costs in the world.

Oh that just proves my point even more: he invested a hell of a lot into the production and the company and still seems to be doing well financially despite having to pull the plug 6 months in or whatever. I'm guessing he probably didn't sit on much inventory and he didn't lend the foundry and probably any of the facilities.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #1482 on: February 25, 2023, 01:44:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm still amazed at:

[close]

[close]

Oh that just proves my point even more: he invested a hell of a lot into the production and the company and still seems to be doing well financially despite having to pull the plug 6 months in or whatever. I'm guessing he probably didn't sit on much inventory and he didn't lend the foundry and probably any of the facilities.

Yeah man, I'm guessing those Nike checks are no joke.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1483 on: February 26, 2023, 02:16:58 AM »
Didn’t someone post a while back that the company filed bankruptcy? I seriously doubt it’s coming back after that. I’d love to see it and would love to see it succeed but I don’t think it’ll happen, unfortunately.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #1484 on: February 26, 2023, 02:50:29 AM »
[ftp][ftp]][ftp][ftp][ftp][/ftp][/ftp][/ftp]
via the link on the first page it says they've filed for bankruptcy back in June

Status
Registered
Remark
Bankruptcy initiated 2022-06-03
Liquidation decided 2022-05-16

Company registered
2020-12-10

Here

IpathCats

« Reply #1485 on: February 26, 2023, 06:16:17 AM »
I did some of my best skating on the Lurpivs, def. a great geometry (or whatever you call that), great look, great turn, great grind. Until they bent and broke. Would cop again if improved.

Yea, the turn and grind was great. I liked the bushings a lot too.

[ftp]][ftp][ftp][ftp]][ftp][ftp]][ftp][ftp][ftp][/ftp][/ftp][/ftp]
Expand Quote
via the link on the first page it says they've filed for bankruptcy back in June

Status
Registered
Remark
Bankruptcy initiated 2022-06-03
Liquidation decided 2022-05-16

Company registered
2020-12-10
[close]

Here

Maybe someone with knowledge of business finance could clarify on this more. But I know a lot of times a business declaring bankruptcy is just a way to keep things moving forward. Rich people do shit like this all the time, stuff that sounds really bad to normal people. But ends up being some sort of financially savvy move in the end. I'm sure oski has people advising him on how to handle his money. Especially on things of this scale.

I am curious though if he's just running through old stock or actually testing new stuff.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #1486 on: February 26, 2023, 07:02:02 AM »

he posted this just a few weeks ago, so he's definitely skating an updated version right now.  Maybe they're evolving the design with a new company/new backers?  a reset would give them the chance to change the horrible name and start new.  I think they might really have something with this truck if they just keep it simple and solid.  i hope it works out this time, i'd really like to try a pair
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

blahblah999

• Rep: 20
« Reply #1487 on: February 26, 2023, 07:22:18 AM »

Maybe someone with knowledge of business finance could clarify on this more. But I know a lot of times a business declaring bankruptcy is just a way to keep things moving forward. Rich people do shit like this all the time, stuff that sounds really bad to normal people. But ends up being some sort of financially savvy move in the end. I'm sure oski has people advising him on how to handle his money. Especially on things of this scale.

I am curious though if he's just running through old stock or actually testing new stuff.

Bankruptcy is often just a way to do "new co." and get rid of the debts and other problems of the "old co.". Form a new LLC and d/b/a as the same brand or a brand with a very similar name. Happens all the time. Doesn't necessarily mean a company is gone for good.

In the U.S. publicly traded companies have to disclose financial information. Private companies do not, though some basic info about how the business is structured will typically be available through a state business entity search.

blahblah999

• Rep: 20
« Reply #1488 on: February 26, 2023, 08:17:31 AM »

Doing so doesn’t necessarily mean your LLC ceases to exist unless you formally dissolve it. As far as I can tell they declared bankruptcy, liquidated most if not all assets to pay any debts, but are still an existing LLC. That would explain why Oski seems to still be doing okay financially as someone mentioned earlier. This is all just speculation though.

If he really is developing a new truck and skating newly made sets I’m guessing he’s having them made somewhere else for cheaper rather than his own factory in Sweden. But again that’s just my speculation.

Formally dissolving an LLC is typically as simple as filing some paperwork, depending on the state. I don't know where Lurpiv incorporated (or under what name) and haven't bothered to look it up.

As far as financials, no one knows unless they have had a look at the business books and Oski's own financials.

DeepSpace9mm

• Rep: 100
« Reply #1489 on: February 26, 2023, 08:24:01 AM »
I didn’t grab a screenshot but I am pretty sure I saw a clip on Oski’s IG of him skating some polished Lurpivs with no grub nut holes and with regular kingpins.

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -291
« Reply #1490 on: February 26, 2023, 08:28:34 AM »
Will Turdpiv rise again?

BL0B

• Rep: 412
« Reply #1491 on: February 26, 2023, 11:23:16 PM »

he posted this just a few weeks ago, so he's definitely skating an updated version right now.  Maybe they're evolving the design with a new company/new backers?  a reset would give them the chance to change the horrible name and start new.  I think they might really have something with this truck if they just keep it simple and solid.  i hope it works out this time, i'd really like to try a pair

throw on some bell peppers, onions, tomatoes you got some nice shish kabob skewers there kid.

also, i'm totally trying new lurpivs.

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 26
« Reply #1492 on: February 27, 2023, 01:13:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Bankruptcy is often just a way to do "new co." and get rid of the debts and other problems of the "old co.". Form a new LLC and d/b/a as the same brand or a brand with a very similar name. Happens all the time. Doesn't necessarily mean a company is gone for good.

In the U.S. publicly traded companies have to disclose financial information. Private companies do not, though some basic info about how the business is structured will typically be available through a state business entity search.
[close]

Doing so doesn’t necessarily mean your LLC ceases to exist unless you formally dissolve it. As far as I can tell they declared bankruptcy, liquidated most if not all assets to pay any debts, but are still an existing LLC. That would explain why Oski seems to still be doing okay financially as someone mentioned earlier. This is all just speculation though.

If he really is developing a new truck and skating newly made sets I’m guessing he’s having them made somewhere else for cheaper rather than his own factory in Sweden. But again that’s just my speculation.

If I remember correctly he did not build up (finance) the factory in Sweden. It was an exciting die-cast aluminum company from a friend / business partner. Instead of producing commissioned work for different companies as all the years before,
they created with Oski a "own brand" and try to create a new market  / bigger margin then with the work they have done all the years before.
It was  family business - his friend was taking over the workshop from his father / uncle

It was the production company who got bankrupt, so Lurpiv as a brand had no production anymore.
No product to sell to fulfill existing orders.
Main financial lost was not on Oskis part. he just loose his opportunity to build up his Brand.
He will have lost some money - for investing into moulds etc. but not that much...

IpathCats

« Reply #1493 on: February 27, 2023, 06:13:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

If I remember correctly he did not build up (finance) the factory in Sweden. It was an exciting die-cast aluminum company from a friend / business partner. Instead of producing commissioned work for different companies as all the years before,
they created with Oski a "own brand" and try to create a new market  / bigger margin then with the work they have done all the years before.
It was  family business - his friend was taking over the workshop from his father / uncle

It was the production company who got bankrupt, so Lurpiv as a brand had no production anymore.
No product to sell to fulfill existing orders.
Main financial lost was not on Oskis part. he just loose his opportunity to build up his Brand.
He will have lost some money - for investing into moulds etc. but not that much...

thanks for the helpful info, gnars for all.

Shufflessss

• Rep: 34
« Reply #1494 on: March 08, 2023, 09:45:10 AM »
Oski was at my local this Sunday and had a polished pair of sample Lurpivs. He was nice enough to talk to me and show me them and honestly they looked great. Said the pair he was using got ran over by a car but were still perfectly fine.
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

IpathCats

« Reply #1495 on: March 08, 2023, 09:52:16 AM »
Oski was at my local this Sunday and had a polished pair of sample Lurpivs. He was nice enough to talk to me and show me them and honestly they looked great. Said the pair he was using got ran over by a car but were still perfectly fine.

That's sick, i feel weird approaching people to fan out, i would feel even weirder if i had intentions of nerding out over their gear haha.

I guess it is his company though se he prob doesnt mind doing promo

logjammin

• Rep: 312
« Reply #1496 on: March 08, 2023, 04:08:51 PM »
You’re a tease. Didn’t ask him any truck nerd questions about the trucks?

slapattack

• Rep: 12
« Reply #1497 on: March 15, 2023, 08:23:22 AM »
Noticed oski riding indys in some short part with ville that came out a couple of days ago....

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #1498 on: March 15, 2023, 08:29:03 AM »
Noticed oski riding indys in some short part with ville that came out a couple of days ago....

Lol, yeah I’m sure he quit his own company in the past 3 days since shufflessss literally talked to him personally and now rides for Indy

Or maybe you just saw old footage
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Shufflessss

• Rep: 34
« Reply #1499 on: March 15, 2023, 10:27:01 AM »
You’re a tease. Didn’t ask him any truck nerd questions about the trucks?

Hah! Look, I'm not invested/educated in truck geometry. I've been skating Thunders since 2012.
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever