Author Topic: Move over Supreme. $1400 Mama Skate pants are in town.  (Read 66040 times)

WPG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
Re: Move over Supreme. $1400 Mama Skate pants are in town.
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2021, 07:18:20 AM »
Imagine charging $1400 for a pair of alright looking shorts and charging shipping.

I saw TJ Rogers got a box of these on IG

Probably much better pants at a much more reasonable price.

https://televisistarcatalog.com/

I also wonder if any of those pants or beanies actually sold or they just set it up to make it look like it is selling
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

conqueso

« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2021, 07:21:34 AM »

ejazzle

• Rep: 83
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2021, 07:23:53 AM »
you guys are regular. This is a publicity stunt to get people talking about her. And look it worked. There's already 3 pages of people talking about her and going to her website out of curiosity.

MadeYouLook

• Rep: 22
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2021, 07:26:43 AM »
There are too many clothing companies.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2021, 07:29:11 AM »
you guys are regular. This is a publicity stunt to get people talking about her. And look it worked. There's already 3 pages of people talking about her and going to her website out of curiosity.

do you know her? she’s cute. tell her i can show her around FDR sometime if she wants

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1077
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2021, 07:31:41 AM »
Imagine charging $1400 for a pair of alright looking shorts and charging shipping.

I saw TJ Rogers got a box of these on IG

Probably much better pants at a much more reasonable price.

https://televisistarcatalog.com/

I also wonder if any of those pants or beanies actually sold or they just set it up to make it look like it is selling

Ew gross.  Poor people pants. 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2021, 07:35:12 AM »
imagine believing its a seo scam. even if it was it wouldnt be earning that much

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2021, 07:36:46 AM »
these people are delusional about their worth but I think this is a mistake. $140 $1.40 would make more sense

mushroom slice

« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2021, 07:41:33 AM »
Skateboarding needs more GREEDY PEOPLE like this.

Letsfilmavideo

• Rep: 16
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2021, 07:49:19 AM »
Did anyone buy Grecos shit stain pants?
I always got one of my boys holdin a jar of leak and a fat blunt, so as soon as i land the trick we gettin wet you know?

Dorje Drolo

• Rep: -56
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2021, 08:17:25 AM »
Free Freight on orders 2K or more, score. WTF is homegurl smoking. That shit is nuts. Imagine taking your first slam or spilling a drink on your $1400 shorts.

Prinzy

• Rep: 178
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2021, 08:18:32 AM »

spongebob is lit and if i see any spongebob slander i'm pulling up to your house and beating your ass

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2021, 08:24:38 AM »
Free Freight on orders 2K or more, score. WTF is homegurl smoking. That shit is nuts. Imagine taking your first slam or spilling a drink on your $1400 shorts.

I loved mosaic and wore cords for a while until all of the pairs I had ripped through the crotch or ass area from minor falls.

The charity thing screams, "tax write off" to me.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 117
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2021, 08:27:42 AM »
"10% of all proceeds go directly to the women and children in Afghanistan who need our help now via the World Orphanage Foundation run by Sara Kizimi"

To play devil's advocate, if these were reasonably priced, this whole endeavor could be could probably take off with certain demographics.

Unfortunately, they are so, so, so unreasonably priced.

Ghost Lurker

• Rep: 17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2021, 08:40:20 AM »
these luxury pants are cool and all, but gotta make the jump from Berra halfcab kf w/a backwards red flexfit on in shorts in the Foundation video dubbed on my VHS mixtape, to current other ripper on Foundation here: this is Strubing style manuever, Tania ripping for F is radder than these pants, true or false? (edit, I typo'd)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 12:02:28 PM by Ghost Lurker »

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2021, 09:17:17 AM »
I can tell you exactly what happened. She or one of her idiot friends bought a pair of Balenciaga or even some other bullshit like Off White pants for $1500 and said “hey, our pants are handmade from scratch in LA so they’re probably better that these slave labor clothes made by Italians so if we charge ONLY $1400 for our AMAZING pants it’s a fucking bargain.”

She’s fucking delusional I hope she’s embarrassed.

mushroom slice

« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2021, 09:22:50 AM »
Who woulda thought clown clothes cost so damn much.

veritas

« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2021, 09:33:52 AM »

Things you can buy with $1400:
46 gifted hater tshirts (free shipping)
20 decks
18 pairs of adidas
One pair of LV pants and a zip
56 pairs of footprint insoles
A months rent in NYC
Used car with 100k+ miles
116 meals from Jager Eatons burrito sponsor

If she shit her pants while wearing each pair then at least we’d know they are really limited and not mass produced. The seat of each pair should be a unique canvas of fecal spin art to establish authenticity, with descriptions of how she arrived at her color pallet. This design could also serve as a form of brand recognition / a logo to be emulated by others, as it surely would be.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 139
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2021, 09:34:51 AM »
Did anyone buy Grecos shit stain pants?

Wow I never thought I would hear about those again. One of my buddies was obsessed with Greco and almost bought them. My other friend messaged Jim asking him to tell our buddy it was a bad idea and he actually responded. He said something like "Yeah it's probably a bad idea they're just pants".

Landmine

• Rep: 185
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2021, 10:02:14 AM »
I'm far from a cool guy lifer, but skateboarding isn't mean enough about dorky shit like this

EmilioBestevez

• Rep: 71
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2021, 10:06:20 AM »
I feel like once in a while Slap has a bit of outrage over expensive clothes (ie. Dime or similar tier brands) and there's a bit of a disconnect between what the average skater considers too much to pay for clothing vs. a person who has a decent bit of money in the bank who's willing to splurge on pieces they like.  I'm only pointing that out because in a lot of cases that outrage is a bit misunderstood.  In this case, the outrage is 100% valid.

I can't stress enough how absolutely insane it is to charge $1400 for those shorts and the idea of calling it LUXURY is so stupid.  Those prices are higher than most unattainable luxury brands that are already established, both big names and lesser known top tier Italian or french labels.  When something is considered "luxury" clothing there is still something that comes out of that transaction (even if most people would deem it a stupid purchase).

1- They might be buying a big brand name like gucci or dior (or supreme being kind of a discount status brand) and in doing so they are buying symbols of status.  It might be dumb most people but that's the psychology....people wanna show that they've made it.  Does Mama skate fulfill that? Fuck no! 

2 - They might be buying luxury for quality/craftsmanship/heritage - ie. Rare fabrics from century old mills or hand-made details that make the clothing something special.  If you got a ton of money and you like it, the price tag isn't going to shock you as much.  Does mama skate fulfill that? Fuck no!  She doesn't even say what the pants are made of except saying "comfy stretchy fabric".  The fact that they are selling at that price and not even saying what it's made of is ridiculous.

3 - They might be buying rare pieces from independent designers.  Some independent designers come at a high price but they in some cases design a wide range of one-of-a-kind clothing.  Their buyers almost treat it like buying art.  I feel like she's trying to fall into that category, but she just makes pants.  You could go to a skilled tailor and get custom pants for a fraction of the cost, made specifically for your body shape, in any material you want.

If you buy her clothing you are not getting any of those "luxury" elements.  You are just paying her rent, that's it.  Clothing companies are very hard to start and it costs a lot of money, but you also can't just fast track your success by pulling prices out of your ass.  She seems like she's got that hefty price tag for no other reason than lack of demand.  It might end up working out for her but it's a complete scam of a brand.  I'm sure some of what I said is covered by Gifted Hater but I haven't watched it yet.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2021, 10:32:01 AM »
The magnetic moniker "skatepussy" caught my eye as a 33-year-old woman. I yearned to know more and found this captivating interview by a budding cannabis-infused beverage company. I learned the dame is in the erotica business, and has "long-ass rose fingernails" which do not hamper her joint-rolling proficiency. She's also a "daring" professional skateboarder and an inspiring rapper. She also vocally laments, passionately, the discriminatory practices in the world of professional skateboarding against women skaters.

“I’m gonna make my boards and make myself a pro,” she said firmly. “I’m not gonna wait in line for a greasy, wrinkled, guy to take a percentage of my board money. If I’m risking my livelihood, I want to make 100 percent of my money. I’m building my lemonade stand and y’all can wait in line.”

Good on her saying something so brave yet so controversial. She then goes on to inform younger readers to “buy an ounce and a vibrator.” A real life coach.

Above she can be seen hanging out with family while smoking. The interview goes on to state she has a new Benz and a fully paid for house at 26. A struggle any aspiring professional skateboarder can relate to.

After reading this interview and glancing at my driveway brimming with exotic sports cars and pallets of Kreper kingpins I bemoan the up-and-coming floozies. Hopefully, there's just enough to go around.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

donkey

• Rep: -67
  • donk
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2021, 10:37:39 AM »
at the end of the day she has everyone by the balls. she had a specific goal in mind when pricing these pants and hey, it worked. shes a genius in her own right, as much as she is a greedy LA cornball

Olympus Mons

• Rep: 15
  • VX1000
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2021, 10:43:02 AM »
these people are delusional about their worth but I think this is a mistake. $140 would make more sense
Not a mistake. My gf, who has purchased her pants in the past, messaged with this exact question thinking there was a typo and got blocked on IG.  :o
Is there any money in skateboarding film anymore?
I dunno about money, but the fun is boomin.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 108
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2021, 10:44:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
at the end of the day she has everyone by the balls. she had a specific goal in mind when pricing these pants and hey, it worked. shes a genius in her own right, as much as she is a greedy LA cornball

Does she? Are people lining up to buy these?

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 108
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2021, 10:46:36 AM »
Expand Quote
It's not a mixup, it looks like an experiment. You'd have to sell ten pairs at $140 to make as much as selling one at $1400, roughly. Somewhere out there, there's someone with $1400 burning a hole in their pocket, and bingo you're set for rent that month, and then hopefully it'll catch on. Skate-chic couture y'all, get there while you can. ;)
[close]

The concept is similar to Nipsey selling his mixtape for $100 a pop. People thought he was nuts but it only took selling 1000 copies to make a hundred grand instead of 20000 copies for $5 a pop, which worked in an era where exclusivity is held to a high social status.

That's a bullshit move too, he would've sold 20,000 at $5 a pop easily, instead he priced it out of what most fans can afford to cater to the exclusivity/resale crowd

donkey

• Rep: -67
  • donk
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2021, 10:51:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Does she? Are people lining up to buy these?
its not about the money for these people. the amount of buzz that these pants will create is the end game

mushroom slice

« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2021, 10:57:59 AM »
Serious question
What combo of cocaine and zany pills does a person  need to live this no shame lifestyle?
1stack for a hat. The logo looks like a knock off of Odd Future doughnut logo but with my glasses off.
The age of the clown has arrived. How many are in  The car?

veritas

« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2021, 10:58:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's not a mixup, it looks like an experiment. You'd have to sell ten pairs at $140 to make as much as selling one at $1400, roughly. Somewhere out there, there's someone with $1400 burning a hole in their pocket, and bingo you're set for rent that month, and then hopefully it'll catch on. Skate-chic couture y'all, get there while you can. ;)
[close]

The concept is similar to Nipsey selling his mixtape for $100 a pop. People thought he was nuts but it only took selling 1000 copies to make a hundred grand instead of 20000 copies for $5 a pop, which worked in an era where exclusivity is held to a high social status.
[close]

That's a bullshit move too, he would've sold 20,000 at $5 a pop easily, instead he priced it out of what most fans can afford to cater to the exclusivity/resale crowd

It's also unfair to compare her overpriced pants to a Nipsey album that had hired musicians, cost money to record, promote, etc. How many Rick Ross features do her pants have?

This is basically saying "give me 1400 dollars and I'll mail you a pair of shorts for your trouble"

cky enthusiast

« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2021, 10:58:49 AM »
what’s that quote from that fried ass dude in the gator doc ?

“you were a lot cooler if u wore some shorts from the thrift store that cost a quarter and a shirt that cost a nickel”

she’s cute though ngl. i don’t think we’d have a lot to talk about but i’m sure she’ll be famous at something or somehow if she tries hard enuff