Author Topic: Tampa Pro 2021  (Read 21987 times)

FatGuy92

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
Re: Tampa Pro 2021
« Reply #180 on: October 17, 2021, 05:54:25 PM »
Berra on squaring up

Druid

« Reply #181 on: October 17, 2021, 06:03:36 PM »

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 130
« Reply #182 on: October 17, 2021, 06:07:39 PM »
Where even is Kinko's?
I go to popcopy

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #183 on: October 17, 2021, 06:20:23 PM »
Where even is Kinko's?
I think Kinko’s/FedEx have the Girl/Chocolate thing going on, but for office shit

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #184 on: October 17, 2021, 06:26:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Where even is Kinko's?
[close]
I think Kinko’s/FedEx have the Girl/Chocolate thing going on, but for office shit

Hopefully not the herpes part.

matta

• Rep: 26
« Reply #185 on: October 17, 2021, 06:48:06 PM »
10 years ago:

Now:

A step forward or a step back?

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #186 on: October 17, 2021, 06:51:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Berra flipping off announcers was priceless, someone please screenshot it
[close]
The true bad boy of skateboarding  ::)

[close]
Stylin' on you
[close]
After Tampa, but boys found their way over to Orlando.

GOLD @thesecrettape needs to send you a box.

lysdexia

• Rep: 4
« Reply #187 on: October 17, 2021, 06:57:21 PM »
10 years ago:

Now:

theyre 2 different things.  busenitz's run is flat out, barely holding on, but in the best way possible.  whereas shane's run is so well executed, it's almost less exciting because of it, but when you look closer at it it's fucking wild

foureyedjim

« Reply #188 on: October 17, 2021, 07:14:54 PM »
Huh.. with that context I'm kinda with Berra on this one. Dude seems like he was just trying to be an asshole for attention. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Here’s the thing, doing this with any other pro there that people don’t find to be corny as fuck and it wouldn’t be a big deal, and that pro would probably laugh it off.  I do agree though that in this context the guy seemed to be looking for a negative reaction, but how cariuma-crew responded probably made it worse for themselves lol.  Instead of taking the high road they get ultra defensive as is tradition for the Scientologists.

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #189 on: October 17, 2021, 07:29:44 PM »
Listening to Appleyard all hungover trying to keep up with the semi-finals was a treat
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #190 on: October 17, 2021, 07:47:03 PM »
Expand Quote
10 years ago:

Now:

[close]

theyre 2 different things.  busenitz's run is flat out, barely holding on, but in the best way possible.  whereas shane's run is so well executed, it's almost less exciting because of it, but when you look closer at it it's fucking wild
This run felt neutered. Ishod's golden ticket run from 2013 is perhaps my favorite usage of skill at a contest. Fast, loose, unapologetically spontaneous. Shane reminds me of a guy who is too good with a tech deck, utterly soulless
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1405
« Reply #191 on: October 17, 2021, 07:55:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Huh.. with that context I'm kinda with Berra on this one. Dude seems like he was just trying to be an asshole for attention. 🤷🏻‍♂️
[close]

Here’s the thing, doing this with any other pro there that people don’t find to be corny as fuck and it wouldn’t be a big deal, and that pro would probably laugh it off.  I do agree though that in this context the guy seemed to be looking for a negative reaction, but how cariuma-crew responded probably made it worse for themselves lol.  Instead of taking the high road they get ultra defensive as is tradition for the Scientologists.

They also all came at him in a crew just like the people who harass the critics of scientology

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #192 on: October 17, 2021, 08:07:29 PM »
Just finished watching...

Netsuke, Decenzo and Rebelo got robbed.
Pappa, Olsen, Axel Crusher also got robbed.
Jagger 'forever 3rd''s hands, good fucking god man.
Cepeda should just hang it up.
Joslin getting fatter.
Fucking cookie, hot damn.
Dashawn is sooo good!
Robert Neal lol try harder next time and I mean skating, not fashion.

Sorry judges (and foy)  they're fucking noseslides if they are level, I don't give a fuck if they are up and over. You don't see any confusion over tails vs blunts do you?

Unpopular opinion: Too much rail dancing and not enough blasting (kudos to people gaping to the rails tho)...at least Sorgente tried...and there were a few wall rides...

I though Hoff was going to get it tbh.

Netsuke should have been top three. While his runs were re-runs (Jack, Axel, Felipe, Joslin and 90% of everyone else) looking at you, too), just like Jagger 'hands' Eatonwtf with a few tricks mixing it up, his skill was lightyears ahead and they both had a few bails; his second run was fucking amazeballs (unless I'm thinking of the semis).

Markovich's art was drab.

They should really re-think the course as far as what's around the pole section, so many people had issues next to the wall.

Shane's run was great for SLS.
Booze'n'titz still has the best non-contest skater in a contest setting run.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 09:36:42 AM by Xen »

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #193 on: October 17, 2021, 08:11:33 PM »
Wonder what tunes Jagger bumping during his run?

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -234
« Reply #194 on: October 17, 2021, 10:57:13 PM »
Expand Quote
10 years ago:

Now:

[close]

No way, it's 100% a step back. There should be a rule that you can't win, or even get to finals if you don't do a couple of tricks on the quarters. Shane's use (or lack thereof) of the quarters was criminal. What did he think this was, the P-Rod invitational? It's time for that kind of skating to stop being rewarded in contests. I mean shit, even Ninejah can handle some shit on transition these days.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #195 on: October 17, 2021, 11:08:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
10 years ago:

Now:

[close]

[close]

No way, it's 100% a step back. There should be a rule that you can't win, or even get to finals if you don't do a couple of tricks on the quarters. Shane's use (or lack thereof) of the quarters was criminal. What did he think this was, the P-Rod invitational? It's time for that kind of skating to stop being rewarded in contests. I mean shit, even Ninejah can handle some shit on transition these days.

There was commentary about a scoring section that was for utilizing / hitting the whole park. Shane skated it like his backyard and his trick scores outweighed the bails and the lack of tranny. Tech as fuck tho.

Didn’t he have one run that was a flat out disaster?

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #196 on: October 17, 2021, 11:57:52 PM »

Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

rukes

• Rep: 221
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #197 on: October 18, 2021, 12:00:47 AM »
A better poster would've been one saying Jagger Eaton and him eating something and then Jagger Drinkin and a picture of him drinking something and everyone Could've had a laugh together, all the science guys and the Carryoncolumbus shoes guys and the Instagram jokesters
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #198 on: October 18, 2021, 12:09:49 AM »
Only care about the best trick. Here's a few of my thoughts.

First, I still think Shane is a top 5 of most talented skaters every but damn does he choke in contests lol.

Second, few the tricks I really wanted.

The nollie heel back nose blunt (was that TJ Rogers trying it?), Alec's kickflip gap to back nose blunt, and Dane's 180 switch crook to back lip.

And last, I keep laughing at the number of times Carlos Ribeiro dropped in, and right before he popped, heard another person pop right behind him where he can't see and thus doesn't try in order to avoid an injury/a collision lol.

LOL. Never mind. I'll take the L.

Anti waxxer

• Rep: -19
« Reply #199 on: October 18, 2021, 12:17:53 AM »
Never cared about Berra before he was just another old pro that happened to have a corny over waxed park. But after seeing him come after a kid less than half his age fuck that dude to whatever weird hell those Scientologist fucks believe in. I can’t believe people are butthurt about this poster shit.
Remember that time Paul pierce got stabbed and Nieratko went to the Nets game with a poster that said “would someone please stab Paul pierce” and he was in like the 3rd row? Fuck how many NFL games have people dressed like fucking morons with all sorts of stupid posters. I’m not sure what’s going on with skateboarding but clearly it isn’t as badass and cool as it used to be.

disappointed

• Rep: 100
« Reply #200 on: October 18, 2021, 12:27:00 AM »
10 years ago:

Now:

What was the trick that Nugget did at 1:02; up the roll in, both feet off, reach down touch board one hand, step back on to fakie. I’ve never seen that before.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #201 on: October 18, 2021, 12:41:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
10 years ago:

Now:

[close]

[close]

[close]

There was commentary about a scoring section that was for utilizing / hitting the whole park. Shane skated it like his backyard and his trick scores outweighed the bails and the lack of tranny. Tech as fuck tho.

Yeah I think he did. It's not uncommon for him to mess up then just give up on a run

Ordinarily id agree with the don't get off your board and run idea but the parks are setup so differently between busentiz and Shane's.
The time Shane gets off he wants to go from one side to the complete opposite side of the park. Even if he somehow blasted a massive air or did a long grind it would just of put him in the middle dead section of the park.
The 2010 park was designed for more S type lines whereas most people in 2021 were going more like a U or a G. (Hopefully that makes sense)

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #202 on: October 18, 2021, 12:54:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
10 years ago:

Now:

[close]

[close]

[close]

Tampa used to have an incentive for people to not step off their board and to do fluid lines instead of single tricks. That‘s why Luan won it a couple of times and they picked Busenits over Gustavo (?) that year. They should definitely deduct points for getting stepping off the board. I mean it is kind of an intentional bail…
And they should deduct points for not doing anything on tranny.
I liked Axels runs and Jake Ilardis skating.

Still as far as difficulty goes the tricks have definitely evolved. The Japanese kid was on some next level shit. He‘s got good style too.

BALAKOV

• Rep: 17
« Reply #203 on: October 18, 2021, 01:36:33 AM »
10 years ago:

Now:

I'm picking Dennis everyday

RikiTakeuchi

• Rep: 5
« Reply #204 on: October 18, 2021, 02:42:51 AM »
Wow, that Berra freakout is insane. The Cariuma kooks really outkooked themselves this time trying to act hard

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #205 on: October 18, 2021, 03:44:26 AM »
Can't wait for the Cariuma infiltration accounts to get in here and say the best way to stick it to Berra is to buy some shoes that plant a tree for each pair purchased so that there is enough paper to keep making signs.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1145
« Reply #206 on: October 18, 2021, 04:00:50 AM »
Kinda weird father/son vibes coming from Mike V and that blonde Cariuma kid.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 26
« Reply #207 on: October 18, 2021, 04:26:48 AM »
Expand Quote
10 years ago:

Now:

[close]

I'm picking Dennis everyday

AMEN!

thank you for the direct comparison of both runs.
First impression after watching Shane was: ok -  technical super good- but boring to watch.
Being technical that good but not able to create a proper run - without stepping of the board and touching the ground multiple times is incomprehensible to me.
I know he is able to to do a kickflip to fakie or some frontside ollie in a quarter. Woud change the vibe of the run completely.

Put the shame on Dyrdek and Street league - with the concept of single trick > runs.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 449
« Reply #208 on: October 18, 2021, 05:48:37 AM »
Just watched. The overall level was nuts, there were like 10 runs that could have been the winning one.

All things considered, I was happy Shane won because he managed to stem the swelling Cariuma shittide. Someone had to do it.

Would have hoped for Dairi to win but he'll probably get it in the future, that was some of the best skating I've seen at a contest and there seems to be no limit to what he can do. The casual tricks at the end of his runs were nuts. Does he skate street?

Rabelo had incredible runs, not sure why he didn't make the podium.

Finally, every single time I see Jagger Eaton I wonder: how can you be so good and so completely shitty at the same time? The guy's a redbull-fuelled koan. 

somefucker

« Reply #209 on: October 18, 2021, 05:54:28 AM »
10 years ago:

Now:

It's not the tricks you do, it's how you do 'em.

Busenitz and Kremer epitomize that.