Author Topic: The Search for Marc Johnson  (Read 8846 times)

matty_c

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
Re: The Search for Marc Johnson
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2021, 01:24:26 AM »
Drugs are a hell of a drug

Freer max b

I’ve got this mental image of him on the floor eating a burger, just drunk off his ass trouting shit to himself
Like the David Hasselhoff video
listen to cosmic psychos

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 449
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2021, 02:59:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Your order’s just an idea put into action, every time you buy a deck it’s mostly in your head… your wallets just responding to what your head is telling it to do. You can buy any deck you want to. If you try it long enough. If you can think of it you can pretty much order it on a desktop computer, tablet or your phone.
[close]

Bravo, Sir, bravo. Would gnar if I could.

I got you. Bravo indeed.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2021, 05:42:25 AM »
I enjoyed the epicly later'd episode on Marc. That house he had looked awesome. Plus I wanted to see more of his old board collection. Especially the old Enjoi.
I've mentioned it before... but I WANT to like B & C but it looks like nothing is happening? I've had a few of the boards and they were great.

Doug_13

• Rep: 1
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2021, 07:48:17 AM »
I enjoyed the epicly later'd episode on Marc. That house he had looked awesome. Plus I wanted to see more of his old board collection. Especially the old Enjoi.
I've mentioned it before... but I WANT to like B & C but it looks like nothing is happening? I've had a few of the boards and they were great.

The skateboard industry was fun and exciting for awhile but in the end I found it to be a super harsh place to work. It was very tough to survive when I left 10 years ago. Covid had to have made it difficult to get started as well but people who you care about and help out will also sometimes screw you over for no reason leaving your life a complete mess and you don’t know how to pick back up. It happened to me. Everyone is trying to get theirs and some want far more than they can chew and people’s lives get destroyed. It’s just selfishness and narcissism really

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2021, 07:53:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The skateboard industry was fun and exciting for awhile but in the end I found it to be a super harsh place to work. It was very tough to survive when I left 10 years ago. Covid had to have made it difficult to get started as well but people who you care about and help out will also sometimes screw you over for no reason leaving your life a complete mess and you don’t know how to pick back up. It happened to me. Everyone is trying to get theirs and some want far more than they can chew and people’s lives get destroyed. It’s just selfishness and narcissism really

Interesting man

Can you expand on your experience / what happened to you ?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Doug_13

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2021, 08:20:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Interesting man

Can you expand on your experience / what happened to you ?

Nothing specific comes to mind at the moment. I try to forget most of the horrible shit that happened honestly. I’m not a totally perfect person either and had my own issues back then. The money was certainly drying up though and everyone is trying to survive the way they know how or we’re taught. There’s a lot of jealously, greed, politics and bullshit you deal with like anywhere else I suppose. When everyone starts to turn on you including your strongest support systems and you’re physically and emotionally attached to something you love so much that’s when it gets scary and you have to make the choice to preserve whatever sanity and health you have left and dip out. Making that choice was extremely difficult but it felt right to leave even if I wasn’t welcome anymore

mushroom slice

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2021, 08:57:23 AM »
Business and company was sabotaged before it even got started by a coked out slick talking streetwear guy.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1108
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2021, 09:13:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Your first mistake was ordering a Business and Co board...
[close]

No way man I’m a huge fan of Marc’s board shapes and graphics. I’ve bought so many of his boards over the years I can’t even count
[close]

Holla at me if you want one of his Chocolate decks...
[close]

What one do you have ?

Im willing to part ways with the cartoon graphic where the guy is gripping his deck and he's all, "This just isn't fun anymore" or something, and another one with a matador and a bull or some shit
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Spunkchild

• Rep: 38
  • Big gal
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2021, 09:21:54 AM »
I have bad taste and I smell like fetta cheese

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 654
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2021, 09:45:13 AM »
I’ve ordered plenty from them with absolutely no problems. I’m sure something else other than the worst case scenario is happening. My orders were significant too, over 1k each time.
Wait why are you ordering over $1000 in stuff from Business & Co?? Please tell me you run a skateshop...

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2021, 09:50:38 AM »
^ might be running his own business and company

Not_Bruce

• Rep: -53
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2021, 11:19:11 AM »
I had a business and co board when they first launched , I really dug the graphics and the shape. I have always been a huge fan of his skating, MJ was one of my favourites from 1999-2012. In my opinion, I think people soured on MJ because of the dissonance between his brilliant skating and his inability to resolve his personal challenges. Just because MJ was a skating hero to many in the 2000s....people though it would be predetermined he would overcome his issues like Reynolds, Ave and Guy ....and cement his legacy.The more people get educated about mental health and substance abuse in our skating community the more empathy people will feel for MJ. 

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1185
  • old and in the way
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2021, 01:30:36 PM »
hang in there, MJ

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2021, 01:39:13 PM »
I just watched hise memory screen. So good
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2021, 05:03:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Your order’s just an idea put into action, every time you buy a deck it’s mostly in your head… your wallets just responding to what your head is telling it to do. You can buy any deck you want to. If you try it long enough. If you can think of it you can pretty much order it on a desktop computer, tablet or your phone.
[close]

Bravo, Sir, bravo. Would gnar if I could.
[close]

I got you. Bravo indeed.

doubled up on this. perfect post. haha

theoriginalgoon

• Rep: -68
  • eight equals d
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2021, 06:03:50 PM »
hang in there, MJ

Don’t forget this instant classic …

Me: I found skate Jesus.

Slap: Yeah, well maybe if he does the crucifix switch I will believe it.

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2021, 12:20:52 PM »
He's got BGP in Marbie's new Thrasher part.   

dustyassrocketswitchv

• Rep: -137
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2021, 01:22:33 PM »
the search may end, aint no body lookin for this fool
big texas cummer

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2021, 01:34:17 PM »
Honestly, I feel like what he needs to do is release some footage to remind people that he has a company and they want to do business

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2021, 03:14:54 PM »
Anyone know why Business & Co is still accepting orders on the website but not actually shipping anything out or responding to anyone? Is Business & Co officially out of business as they say? I’ve already filled a dispute with PayPal and should hopefully get my money back soon because they can’t reach anyone over there either but what gives? Did Marc pull a Dave Chappelle and peace out to Africa after that last round of limited boards?

I noticed a 1800 number on the contact page.... you try calling it?

THE MIRROR OF INQUIRY
[email protected]
1-800-366-6670

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2021, 10:20:29 AM »
Honestly, I feel like what he needs to do is release some footage to remind people that he has a company and they want to do business

A novel idea

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2021, 11:28:09 AM »
Turns out they can't do business and really aren't even a co.

IpathCats

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2021, 12:12:06 PM »
What?! But this seemed so promising..........................................................................................

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2021, 03:46:37 PM »
Expand Quote
I’ve ordered plenty from them with absolutely no problems. I’m sure something else other than the worst case scenario is happening. My orders were significant too, over 1k each time.
[close]
Wait why are you ordering over $1000 in stuff from Business & Co?? Please tell me you run a skateshop...
Yes, I own a shop.

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2021, 05:28:57 PM »
How good were those 8.25s with the 14” wheelbase though?
I skated with a flow dude for business and co at cream city and it was magical. Dude ruled.

CaptainAmerica

• Rep: -14
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2021, 05:44:32 PM »
MJ is prolly searching for whatever after his career. Most people when they decide to retire from a career end up doing random shit. hopefully he’s enjoying himself, and having a good time. Most guys that take a beating like that physically and most importantly psychologically(a lot of people don’t think of the psychological impact of having to make video parts consistently), tend to have a hard time transitioning into a new role in life. He seemed jaded about the skateboard industry in any interview you ever see with him, mainly about the way men handle their business ya know. He knows kids and even old ass adults trying to stay in the game use Instagram and all the other modern ways of trying to promote their skateboarding. Dudes old school and just didn’t want to be in the industry after everything changed, don’t blame him, would rather watch a 4 minute skateboard part back when men were noble on a board than whatever weird shit they have now.

Bobbybanana

• Rep: 11
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2021, 05:58:02 PM »
It’s all part of the concept duh
Hangin' with a cool bunch

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 744
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2021, 07:20:33 PM »
If only he had done anything outside of a skatepark in the last decade.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Doug_13

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2021, 09:14:08 PM »
MJ is prolly searching for whatever after his career. Most people when they decide to retire from a career end up doing random shit. hopefully he’s enjoying himself, and having a good time. Most guys that take a beating like that physically and most importantly psychologically(a lot of people don’t think of the psychological impact of having to make video parts consistently), tend to have a hard time transitioning into a new role in life. He seemed jaded about the skateboard industry in any interview you ever see with him, mainly about the way men handle their business ya know. He knows kids and even old ass adults trying to stay in the game use Instagram and all the other modern ways of trying to promote their skateboarding. Dudes old school and just didn’t want to be in the industry after everything changed, don’t blame him, would rather watch a 4 minute skateboard part back when men were noble on a board than whatever weird shit they have now.

I don’t see his career being over necessarily but just slowing down some. The natural progression of life. Running a company is a lot of work I’m sure. Hell he could probably just sell his paintings, drawings, and whatnot and just live off that if he really wanted to. Narcissists just don’t like it when people are informed about narcissism though, specially covert narcissists. People who are able to see this get treated the worst most of the time and it can make you jaded for sure. Skateboarding should only be about having fun on your board and enjoying life imo. Not trying to fuck people over every opportunity that presents itself. If more people just focus on that we will all be better off

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -278
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2021, 01:30:09 AM »
If only he had done anything outside of a skatepark in the last decade.

Wash your mouth out, it may be true - but you don’t have to tell it like it is.