Author Topic: Yuto Horigome's "Spitfire" Part  (Read 16191 times)

dannyprovolone

Re: Yuto Horigome's "Spitfire" Part
« Reply #210 on: December 02, 2021, 10:19:26 PM »
Sweet I guess we need to change the names of real tricks to suit a few slap trolls

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1610
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #211 on: December 02, 2021, 10:32:58 PM »
its snowboarding....who cares....

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #212 on: December 02, 2021, 10:45:16 PM »
Love this thread

And to whoever coined the term "Jagger Eaton rap", good work
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

sharkbarf

• Rep: 2
Re: YUTO Spitfire Part
« Reply #213 on: December 02, 2021, 11:27:30 PM »
Skating was great, just the music didn't do it for me. But others may like it. I am probably just out of touch with skateboarding these days.

You came to the right place.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #214 on: December 02, 2021, 11:34:02 PM »
Watched the part again and I must admit Yuto has some of the best roll-aways I have seen.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 680
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #215 on: December 03, 2021, 01:43:43 AM »
lip or board i don't really care (even if i'm more into lip because his back truck goes over the rail which is the definition of a lipslide, but it kinda goes 2 times over the rail).
we should ask snowboarders ah

BUT STOP USING THE TERM NOLLIE CAB, IT DOESN'T EXIST

rukes

• Rep: 221
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #216 on: December 03, 2021, 01:45:36 AM »
Switch cab then
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 28
« Reply #217 on: December 03, 2021, 02:37:48 AM »
lip or board i don't really care (even if i'm more into lip because his back truck goes over the rail which is the definition of a lipslide, but it kinda goes 2 times over the rail).
we should ask snowboarders ah

True!
Cab is always fakie 360. that’s it

If the complet Trick combination  is to difficult to name - split it in the Single Tricks. Yuto rides goofy - so it’s Fronside BoardSlide - doesn’t matter what he do before - Ollie / nollie flip or spinning around as crazy 5 times fronside or backside- he is landing to fronside BoardSlide.
In this case 270 fronside nollie to fronside board slide.
Which is a crazy move - even on a skatepark flatrail.
Wild talented guy with absurd combinations in the pocket.  I will try the 270 backside nollie to tailslide at the next curb session. Will be a mess.
Best Trick in my opinions was that super nice kickflip
after the manual.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
« Reply #218 on: December 03, 2021, 02:51:41 AM »
Fuck the argument already just meet halfway. Nollie cab to front board or nollie cab to switch back lip.

But nah it's been nollie cab for 30 years.
Cab said he doesn't want credit for it but he is 99% irrelevant to the argument. He didn't invent the halfcab or Frontside cab or any other trick with his name in it but has no probs getting the credit

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 680
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #219 on: December 03, 2021, 03:00:23 AM »
I just checked his Nine Club for reference
If it's not fakie, it's not a cab
period

somefucker

« Reply #220 on: December 03, 2021, 04:13:53 AM »
Fuck the argument already just meet halfway. Nollie cab to front board or nollie cab to switch back lip.

Expand Quote
[close]

Cab said he doesn't want credit for it but he is 99% irrelevant to the argument. He didn't invent the halfcab or Frontside cab or any other trick with his name in it but has no probs getting the credit

nollie cab doesn't exist.

sizzle_chest

• Rep: -12
  • Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #221 on: December 03, 2021, 04:17:36 AM »
In attempt to resolve this issue of nomenclature I petition Slap council to declare said trick "El Yuto"

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 711
« Reply #222 on: December 03, 2021, 04:23:06 AM »
I‘d be interested to hear @rawbertson opinion on the subject.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
« Reply #223 on: December 03, 2021, 04:24:26 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Everything exists/nothing exists. How does frontside cab or a halfcab exist? Tony hawk invented them and called them that. Someone else invented the nollie cab and called it that. If it depends on what cab says they better correct every magazine ever made that has halfcab flip and any other trick than a fakie 360 Ollie with cab in its captions.
Mike Smith invented neither backside or Frontside Smith grinds but Smith grinds exist. Guess we could call them Losi and nolder grinds.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
« Reply #224 on: December 03, 2021, 04:54:40 AM »
Whatever it is it's  to switch back lip lol

somefucker

« Reply #225 on: December 03, 2021, 04:56:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Everything exists/nothing exists. How does frontside cab or a halfcab exist? Tony hawk invented them and called them that. Someone else invented the nollie cab and called it that. If it depends on what cab says they better correct every magazine ever made that has halfcab flip and any other trick than a fakie 360 Ollie with cab in its captions.
Mike Smith invented neither backside or Frontside Smith grinds but Smith grinds exist. Guess we could call them Losi and nolder grinds.

it's not that deep, cab is for fakie and everything else is a 360 in that respective stance. but yeah if you wanna get philosophical this whole naming system is pointless. i dont give a shit if you call it a nollie ass cab

lurker_and_poster

« Reply #226 on: December 03, 2021, 05:09:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

hey you can call everything as you want This is skateboarding, you are free like bird.
Its up to you to do a fucking 360 nollie and call it gazelle hop or nollie fronside caballerial  - but at least we should accept we have some history - about creation of tricks in the past and gaving it names. You can respect that histroy, or you can disrespect this and gave that bitch a better name and write the history new. 
BUT 360 nollies where done way before some trainee in a already bankrupt print publication wrote because of lack of education "nolliecab" as a caption.

TO KEEP THINGS STRAIGHT - 360 nollies where done before the Term "N"ollie was created and even before the straight flat ollie was invented. For me it will be a  helipop 4ever. - and this is a fronside helipop to fronside boardslide.

sizzle_chest

• Rep: -12
  • Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #227 on: December 03, 2021, 05:25:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

hey you can call everything as you want This is skateboarding, you are free like bird.
Its up to you to do a fucking 360 nollie and call it gazelle hop or nollie fronside caballerial  - but at least we should accept we have some history - about creation of tricks in the past and gaving it names. You can respect that histroy, or you can disrespect this and gave that bitch a better name and write the history new. 
BUT 360 nollies where done way before some trainee in a already bankrupt print publication wrote because of lack of education "nolliecab" as a caption.

TO KEEP THINGS STRAIGHT - 360 nollies where done before the Term "N"ollie was created and even before the straight flat ollie was invented. For me it will be a  helipop 4ever. - and this is a fronside helipop to fronside boardslide.

This is absurd

#ElYuto
#teamnolliecab

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
« Reply #228 on: December 03, 2021, 05:57:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Helipop was like the first real trick I learned I think from an SMA Jason Lee add..i thought you pivot a helipop though and not full 360 in the air.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 829
« Reply #229 on: December 03, 2021, 05:58:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

come on man, helipop? i know that's what rodney probably named it but that shit would only work if it was done on a scooter

lurker_and_poster

« Reply #230 on: December 03, 2021, 06:01:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

This is absurd

#ElYuto
#teamnolliecab

You just can’t stand the true.
#team1981rodneymullenhelipop even if my
Rep goes down the river…

somefucker

« Reply #231 on: December 03, 2021, 06:46:13 AM »
Rep goes down the river…

mommy make sure to get me my chicken nuggies and a helipop from da store pwease

edit: i only see one person with a brain that said the right trick name. nollie 270 switch back lip. ya'll been takin' rawbertson's class on fuckin' up skate nomenclature i see
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 07:32:41 AM by somefucker »

HiResDes

• Rep: -39
« Reply #232 on: December 03, 2021, 07:55:18 AM »
Amazing skating that made me feel absolutely nothing, unfortunately. How does he do it?

Nyjah, Giraud and Miles Silvas also have this effect on me

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 218
« Reply #233 on: December 03, 2021, 09:20:43 AM »
Yuto rules, Future sucks, nollie 180 switch back lip

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #234 on: December 03, 2021, 09:35:23 AM »
Yuto rules, Future sucks, nollie 180 switch back lip

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #235 on: December 03, 2021, 10:27:20 AM »
Did anyone discuss the wheelie vs manual

vhsfisheye

« Reply #236 on: December 03, 2021, 10:40:25 AM »
Nollie 270 lip 100%
The people calling this a board slide are the same people that said foys front blunt back 180 nose blunt was a back 180 nose slide.

Also the guy who said we should call smith grinds Losi or nolder grinds.
You realize people do call smiths Monty grinds right? Like yeah it’s more of an old head thing but it’s not unheard of
And you realize there already is a losi grind? So why would we call a smith a losi

lurker_and_poster

« Reply #237 on: December 03, 2021, 11:33:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Rep goes down the river…
[close]

mommy make sure to get me my chicken nuggies and a helipop from da store pwease

edit: i only see one person with a brain that said the right trick name. nollie 270 switch back lip. ya'll been takin' rawbertson's class on fuckin' up skate nomenclature i see

With this I can life in peace - it was as 270 nollie + his body language  was switch back lip - instead of frontside boardslide.
Sorry -  just got triggered by the Nolliecab - so I take the Helipop to get out of the closet.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #238 on: December 03, 2021, 01:01:08 PM »
front board. how the fuck is it a switch back lip? He didnt approach the trick switch. He approached it regular (goofy) and popped nollie. It's only called switch when you pop switch. That's it.

You dont call a front 180 nosegrind a front 180 switch 5-0. You dont call a fakie nosegrind a fakie ollie switch 5-0. so why switch back lip?

Nollie 270 lip 100%
The people calling this a board slide are the same people that said foys front blunt back 180 nose blunt was a back 180 nose slide.

Foy's front blunt 180 noseblunt is a blunt to noseblunt. Who the fuck is calling it a noseslide?

Yutos trick aint a switch back lip, its a front board, and Foys trick was a blunt to noseblunt.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 130
« Reply #239 on: December 03, 2021, 03:57:11 PM »
If you're gonna call it a lipslide you have to call it a switch lipslide.

You can blow your friends. You can blow your nose. But you can't blow your friends' nose.