Author Topic: The Nice Club  (Read 33673 times)

everythingisgreat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -130
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
The Nice Club
« on: December 10, 2021, 08:18:13 PM »
Everyone on The Nine Club is way too Nice.

Everything, every story, each comment = Amazing Bro. So cool. Amazing. Great Job. Thank you so much. So amazing bro. Wow.

Also, someone tell Kelly to step off the button every other laugh. That dude is LOLing his ass into the mic over everything. The guest is like “and I thats when I was at 711 and I bought a slurpee” and for some reason Kelly is doubled over.

I miss Roger energy, I like Eldy too- but the show needs more critics and critical thinking and conversation.

cky enthusiast

Re: The Nice Club
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2021, 08:21:31 PM »
homeboy it’s friday night and this is what you doing

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2021, 08:21:36 PM »

Everything, every story, each comment = Amazing Bro. So cool. Amazing. Great Job. Thank you so much. So amazing bro. Wow.

Also, someone tell Kelly to step off the button every other laugh. That dude is LOLing his ass into the mic over everything. The guest is like “and I thats when I was at 711 and I bought a slurpee” and for some reason Kelly is doubled over.

I miss Roger energy, I like Eldy too- but the show needs more critics and critical thinking and conversation.
You can only go up from zero.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

everythingisgreat

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2021, 08:23:06 PM »
homeboy it’s friday night and this is what you doing

Lmao true but

Posting > commenting  on my post

rukes

• Rep: 211
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2021, 09:27:52 PM »
I always get confused when out of nowhere someone on the nine club says something like 'Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard' or
'Lets gooooooooooooo' and I'm always like 'Whats hard?' 'Lets go where?'

They need to edit better, because this stuff just doesn't make sense.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2021, 09:32:17 PM »

That's what The Bunt is for.  I always feel like Crob and friends are too close to the industry still and don't want to offend anyone.  So they like everything by default.  Jeron is pretty good to have around though.

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 164
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2021, 09:37:09 PM »
I don't understand why there aren't more threads about how shitty the nine club is

CHOCOLATE ROBERTS TWIN CHUNK 8.25" DECK
width: 8.25"
length: 31.875"
wheelbase: 14"
nose: 6.84"
tail: 6.84"

ACE TRUCKS 44 AF1 - POLISHED
Axle width: 8.25” (209mm)
Hanger width: 5.6” (143mm)
Truck height: 2.1” (53mm)
Fits boards: 8.125” - 8.3”
Weight: 13.9 oz

BONES WHEELS
David Gravette Pro Model
Heaven & Hell
53x28
V2 Locks
street tech formula 99a

BONES® SWISS SKATEBOARD BEARINGS

ACE BOLTS ALLEN 7/8"

NINE CLUB LOGO GRIPTAPE
9in x 33in Nine Club Logo Sheet Mob Skateboard Griptape

Monopolyman

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2021, 10:18:11 PM »
What, their Stop and Chat with && wasnt Gnar enough for you?

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2021, 10:38:44 PM »
They got caught up in their own jokes way too much and the guests are clearly uncomfortable.. during the Brianna Geering episode they took over the conversation so much it was honestly just rude. It’s been bad for a while but it’s quickly devolving interesting a constant circle jerk.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 10:46:14 PM by Candied cigarettes »

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2021, 11:37:07 PM »
They got caught up in their own jokes way too much and the guests are clearly uncomfortable.. during the Brianna Geering episode they took over the conversation so much it was honestly just rude. It’s been bad for a while but it’s quickly devolving interesting a constant circle jerk.
I'd argue it's been like that since they started the experience. (But I'm not a full time watcher, I'll check in if there's a guest I think I'll like but usually end up having to keep skipping ahead and/or having to switch it off)

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2021, 11:50:34 PM »
I just skip until I see a video in the bottom right hand corner and go from there.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2021, 12:15:33 AM »
Dude, they’re serving essentially the same niche as Tonight Show w/Jay Leno: lob some softball questions at the guest, keep the convo light and breezy, laugh at all their jokes and generally steer clear of anything remotely controversial.

Sounds like you want more of a Hardball/Meet the Press atmosphere.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 129
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2021, 12:23:55 AM »
Dude, they’re serving essentially the same niche as Tonight Show w/Jay Leno: lob some softball questions at the guest, keep the convo light and breezy, laugh at all their jokes and generally steer clear of anything remotely controversial.

Can't we just get some non-sexual-misconduct Tavis Smiley/Charlie Rose atmosphere instead?

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 129
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2021, 12:28:55 AM »
I'd also just like to say that sharp cheddar cheese is an amazing cheese. It doesn't lend itself well to sandwiches however. Better for grating over food and letting it melt, instead of trying to slice it with a knife and having either crumbly pieces that are difficult to place evenly on a sandwich, or giant thick slices that overpower the sandwich. That being said, small chunks/slices go great with some crackers.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2021, 01:58:52 AM »
I back it. I put it on for background noise while cooking or something sometimes , I wouldn't say i'm emotionally invested in it in any way. You see a lot of comments on their videos about how it got people back in to skating or has helped people cope with their depression and such, can't hate on that.

Shuh

• Rep: 4
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2021, 03:29:23 AM »
I don't understand why there aren't more threads about how shitty the nine club is

CHOCOLATE ROBERTS TWIN CHUNK 8.25" DECK
width: 8.25"
length: 31.875"
wheelbase: 14"
nose: 6.84"
tail: 6.84"

ACE TRUCKS 44 AF1 - POLISHED
Axle width: 8.25” (209mm)
Hanger width: 5.6” (143mm)
Truck height: 2.1” (53mm)
Fits boards: 8.125” - 8.3”
Weight: 13.9 oz

BONES WHEELS
David Gravette Pro Model
Heaven & Hell
53x28
V2 Locks
street tech formula 99a

BONES® SWISS SKATEBOARD BEARINGS

ACE BOLTS ALLEN 7/8"

NINE CLUB LOGO GRIPTAPE
9in x 33in Nine Club Logo Sheet Mob Skateboard Griptape

Haha you not posting this on the nine club discord?

Highonangeldust

• Rep: 585
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2021, 05:18:03 AM »

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2021, 05:32:53 AM »

That’s exactly it. And like most media, if they asked the “tough questions”, they wouldn’t get access any longer.

That said, they do themselves no favors with their constant digressions and interrupting the guests in order to chat among themselves. I get that that is often what a podcast is (a friendship simulator), and many people tune in to hear that, but it seems like they should draw a line between the interviews and their BS sessions.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

everythingisgreat

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2021, 05:35:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

👏👏👏

everythingisgreat

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2021, 05:37:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
That's what The Bunt is for.  I always feel like Crob and friends are too close to the industry still and don't want to offend anyone.  So they like everything by default.  Jeron is pretty good to have around though.

This makes a lot of sense

everythingisgreat

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2021, 05:42:19 AM »

She even said something didn’t she? I can’t remember but I do think she mentioned something to Kelly maybe and even said “I’m uncomfortable right now” ? That was hard to get through. I remember it being kinda like

Breanna: Well I’m from
Crob: Incredible

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2021, 05:43:12 AM »
It’s a double edged sword

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2021, 05:52:20 AM »
Still annoyed they cut Grosso's interview to shit.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2021, 05:57:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I feel like Jeron and Eldy are the only ones who will say anything even remotely critical and they still do it in a really nice way

Probably enjoy the show more because of those two. While I enjoy the experience show for when they just bullshit, it is a horrible show to pass time at work with as they say the same thing for every clip they watch but I get it

Wish the Bunt was weekly and they didn't have to have full time jobs

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2021, 06:44:43 AM »
I'd also just like to say that sharp cheddar cheese is an amazing cheese. It doesn't lend itself well to sandwiches however. Better for grating over food and letting it melt, instead of trying to slice it with a knife and having either crumbly pieces that are difficult to place evenly on a sandwich, or giant thick slices that overpower the sandwich. That being said, small chunks/slices go great with some crackers.

I love the Cabot Vermont Sharp white cheddar. I tried the Seriously Sharp but I feel like the Vermont is sharper and has better flavor. My favorite cheese. Also, the Nine Club is pretty well established as what type of show it is, I enjoy it while I cook, read, etc. The amount threads still where folks are bummed that it’s not 60 Minutes: Skate Industry is kind of surprising.

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2021, 07:03:20 AM »
I always get confused when out of nowhere someone on the nine club says something like 'Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard' or
'Lets gooooooooooooo' and I'm always like 'Whats hard?' 'Lets go where?'

They need to edit better, because this stuff just doesn't make sense.
This is the reason i hate steezus, aside from his stupid fucking name. Hes the guy at the park in full brand new skate gear, not skating but telling people the “proper” way to do tricks. I can’t do the experience because of him.

I started listening again after a decent hiatus. It’s do to a draught in proper podcasts but its good background noise, kinda like talk radio.

For those with any interest in classic country music or music history, listen to ‘cocaine and rhinestones’

InkkeACAB

• Rep: -8
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2021, 07:30:00 AM »
they actively avoid talking about polarising subjects, anything that could cause offence, they would rather just pretend the subjects don't exist, elephant in the room. they don't want to take sides or even admit that they might have an opinion, fuckin boring as hell - you can tell all they care about is the ad money, selling shitty merch and don't want to jeopardise that even if it makes their podcast bad. PG podcast, listen to the bunt.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2021, 07:40:29 AM »
yup best with crackers, maybe some sliced tomato with s+p, olives.
I've had cheddar work well in a burger, but agree it overpowers most sandwiches

everythingisgreat

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2021, 08:59:43 AM »
they actively avoid talking about polarising subjects, anything that could cause offence, they would rather just pretend the subjects don't exist, elephant in the room. they don't want to take sides or even admit that they might have an opinion, fuckin boring as hell - you can tell all they care about is the ad money, selling shitty merch and don't want to jeopardise that even if it makes their podcast bad. PG podcast, listen to the bunt.

Agreed. Wish the bunt had more output, love them, but listened to all of them, some of them twice.

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2021, 09:08:46 AM »
Speaking on Kelly’s laugh, has anyone noticed that he still can’t contain himself during every intro? He busts out laughing every episode by the time Chris gets to the 3rd “special.”

You do this every week. Contain yourself.