Author Topic: Post your own music...  (Read 175940 times)

club

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 20
Re: Post your own music...
« Reply #1050 on: January 05, 2023, 05:18:17 PM »
Another little house ditty...this one done with various outboard stuff. I like this one a lot but think it's time I start working on the mixing end of stuff. Anyways, hope you guys who like house dig it! :-D

https://soundcloud.com/fastlanestranger/gongsong1

I liked how bright and crisp your synths were, but I enjoyed the bouncing bassline the most. Well done

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3288
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #1051 on: January 06, 2023, 09:03:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Another little house ditty...this one done with various outboard stuff. I like this one a lot but think it's time I start working on the mixing end of stuff. Anyways, hope you guys who like house dig it! :-D

[close]

I liked how bright and crisp your synths were, but I enjoyed the bouncing bassline the most. Well done

Thanks a ton club! You made my morning.

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #1052 on: January 06, 2023, 10:12:15 AM »

I didn't know you made music. This is awesome. Nice job keeping everything interesting as well. That's not an easy feat.
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1053 on: January 06, 2023, 11:37:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I didn't know you made music. This is awesome. Nice job keeping everything interesting as well. That's not an easy feat.

Yeah I really struggle with creating anything beyond simply a loop and maybe one additional idea. Lots of basic ideas, but I marvel at people who create "songs" with various ideas in them that all work together to keep it movin'.

Thank you for the kind words! :)

club

« Reply #1054 on: January 06, 2023, 01:39:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah I really struggle with creating anything beyond simply a loop and maybe one additional idea. Lots of basic ideas, but I marvel at people who create "songs" with various ideas in them that all work together to keep it movin'.

Thank you for the kind words! :)

I feel this, I’ve found for myself at least that it makes it easier writing new sounds, whether that be a new synth or mabye a pad or a new bassline by building them around your initial chords or whatever it was that kinda laid the foundation for your track. It makes transitions between these sounds flow because they’re all in the same key. Idk if that will be helpful but thats how I like to approach it.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1055 on: January 06, 2023, 02:42:43 PM »
@GAY the track was really good, it's really not easy to keep someones attention for almost 8 minutes. it didn't get boring and the transitions and changes kept the track interesting throughout. it wasn't very melodic, but i don't think that was the point. and you did a great job with those bassstabs and generally the percs or what i heard as percs were really dope.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #1056 on: January 06, 2023, 03:34:58 PM »
Trying to get better and more consistent about posting edits & songs to my YT page this year

This is an old one I just put up, should have a new one some time after the weekend
www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlqEIC4c6sk

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #1057 on: January 06, 2023, 03:54:19 PM »
Trying to get better and more consistent about posting edits & songs to my YT page this year

This is an old one I just put up, should have a new one some time after the weekend

This was great. I love soundscapes like this. We use them to fall asleep to.
The streets await

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #1058 on: January 06, 2023, 04:57:46 PM »

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #1059 on: January 07, 2023, 09:47:52 AM »
this is my baby : )

https://doomhippies.bandcamp.com/

I love the art work. I'm going to have to share this with my older brother as well. We're both into doom and both love artwork like that.
The streets await

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #1060 on: January 08, 2023, 09:08:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This was great. I love soundscapes like this. We use them to fall asleep to.

lol thanks

I still wanna get my brother to master it, but overall I like how it turned out

Subscribe if you wanna see more dumb sk8 edits & hear more music that will put you to sleep

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #1061 on: January 10, 2023, 08:52:07 AM »
@GAY Cool song ! I could never make a house track, I would be so scared of beeing boring. I like the vacum synths a lot. What do you produce on ?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1062 on: January 10, 2023, 09:48:10 AM »
@GAY Cool song ! I could never make a house track, I would be so scared of beeing boring. I like the vacum synths a lot. What do you produce on ?

Thanks a ton dallou!

I use different stuff...this one was made by syncing various outboard gear (Kork OpSix, ASM Hydrasynth, Elektron Digitakt) a few pieces of modular gear (ASM Squid Salmple, SSF Ultra Kick, 4ms Ensemble Oscillator and a couple of effects units) together via a central sequencer (Squarp Hapax) and then basically just "playing" it live by un-muting stuff and manually turning up effects and stuff.

I have gotten away from producing on a DAW, for better or worse, and yeah most stuff just sounds like a repeating loop, so I was stoked that this track actually managed to maintain even a small bit of interest for me.

club

« Reply #1063 on: January 11, 2023, 02:47:37 AM »
http://youtu.be/ZVpch5pX2wQ
http://youtu.be/WQaPtwE6zcY

Two songs I made recently I was proud of, hope y’all enjoy them.

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #1064 on: January 11, 2023, 03:23:47 AM »
http://youtu.be/ZVpch5pX2wQ
http://youtu.be/WQaPtwE6zcY

Two songs I made recently I was proud of, hope y’all enjoy them.

These are great! Which DAW are you using? Also, which plug ins? I love Reaper and FL Studio for making music. I might share here sometime, but it's nothing like you guys are doing.

@GAY You use hardware for most of your music? That's awesome. Makes me want to see everyone's setups now.
The streets await

club

« Reply #1065 on: January 11, 2023, 03:46:37 AM »
Thank you!! I use ableton, I like how easy it is to record. I also don’t use any plugins currently.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1066 on: January 11, 2023, 09:24:51 AM »
Thank you!! I use ableton, I like how easy it is to record. I also don’t use any plugins currently.

Your posted tracks are quite excellent! Did you record yourself playing both guitar and bass on "Bluey"? I love all of the borrowed notes you insert into your chords...really nice stuff. I'm literally screaming and seething with envy rn.

club

« Reply #1067 on: January 11, 2023, 11:07:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Your posted tracks are quite excellent! Did you record yourself playing both guitar and bass on "Bluey"? I love all of the borrowed notes you insert into your chords...really nice stuff. I'm literally screaming and seething with envy rn.

Hahaha wow you’re awesome thank you, yup recored guitar n bass on both

dallou

• SLAP Pal
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #1068 on: January 12, 2023, 04:49:35 AM »
Only hardware, that's cool. I mostly use ableton as a record station and only put record my own stuff in it.

@club nice songs too, you never sings on them ?

club

« Reply #1069 on: January 12, 2023, 06:05:07 AM »
Only hardware, that's cool. I mostly use ableton as a record station and only put record my own stuff in it.

Good morning and thank you, it means a lot. As far as signing goes I guess I am just an instrumental type of person. The vast majority of the shit I listen to is instrumental. It’s what inspires me the most I suppose. Idk I like to feel a song. Just the flow of it and where it takes me rather than listen to it if that makes any sense. When vocals are attached I think I feel the need to really tune in and listen. I like spacing out and doing the opposite most of the time. I love that it’s all up to interpretation. Excuse my rant lol.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1070 on: January 12, 2023, 09:19:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Good morning and thank you, it means a lot. As far as signing goes I guess I am just an instrumental type of person. The vast majority of the shit I listen to is instrumental. It’s what inspires me the most I suppose. Idk I like to feel a song. Just the flow of it and where it takes me rather than listen to it if that makes any sense. When vocals are attached I think I feel the need to really tune in and listen. I like spacing out and doing the opposite most of the time. I love that it’s all up to interpretation. Excuse my rant lol.

Same...rarely like vocals although I was surprised how much I turned into a Sam Prekop/The Sea and Cake fan...so I guess if I like vocals I like them to be "barely there", haha.

I recently purchased a small Roland vocal box thingey that does vocoder and effect-type stuff. I fiddled with it a bit but haven't tried it any more...but what's odd is that I can actually sing pretty well. Just don't like doing it for whatever reason.

Anyway...yeah I love a good piece of instrumental music and always have. Hip hop was a bit of an exception in my history, but I have never considered rapping and singing to be anything like one another. I'm guessing most people don't either but it always makes me laugh when some journalist is like, "Rap singer Kanye West is in the news again for...". I guess Bone Thugs are kind-of an exception but I found their music unlistenable.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1071 on: January 12, 2023, 09:34:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Nice track Gay.

This thread is sick lately.

If any pals have any show slots coming up this year Scümbari is down to travel to play with you. Just not overseas at this time.

These clips are from our third show.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyRbF-evs7GkmOUeVKzUkoYCk8l-7F5bF

Hit us up. We can definitely work it out for 23. Down to play any skate events for sure no issue.
[close]

yo flea i can't make shows but i'm about to try make some real dirty and fucked up shit, maybe you guys want to do an odd split with a power electronics/dungeon synth/noise b-side by me :D

i'll be writing my name with umlauts for the split

I am so down. I have a side project called Life Fucker I'm working on.

It's in the flavor of the intro song for last pals video Terminally Online.

It's basically me using the drum machine by hand so no loops or grids. Just tapping it out. Droning hm2 bass guitar as the lead instrument. Little guitar and harmonica textures. Perhaps some movie samples.

I try to be like if Godflesh and Crass had a baby. That baby is the ultimate crust punk Disco.

I'm looking for female voice tho. I can't hear myself anymore. Also I never stop singing about negative stuff.

I need new feelings.

Scümbari is playing a bunch of shows next few months. Tour talk is still going on but yes a split with Life Fucker is more than possible
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1072 on: January 12, 2023, 09:36:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Nice track Gay.

If any pals have any show slots coming up this year Scümbari is down to travel to play with you. Just not overseas at this time.

Hit us up. We can definitely work it out for 23. Down to play any skate events for sure no issue.
[close]

yo flea i can't make shows but i'm about to try make some real dirty and fucked up shit, maybe you guys want to do an odd split with a power electronics/dungeon synth/noise b-side by me :D

Expand Quote
Nice track Gay.

[close]

I am so down. I have a side project called Life Fucker I'm working on.

It's in the flavor of the intro song for last pals video Terminally Online.

It's basically me using the drum machine by hand so no loops or grids. Just tapping it out. Droning hm2 bass guitar as the lead instrument. Little guitar and harmonica textures. Perhaps some movie samples.

I try to be like if Godflesh and Crass had a baby. That baby is the ultimate crust punk Disco.

I'm looking for female voice tho. I can't hear myself anymore. Also I never stop singing about negative stuff.

I need new feelings.

Scümbari is playing a bunch of shows next few months. Tour talk is still going on but yes a split with Life Fucker is more than possible

Unless I change the name to suicide visionary. Both are Viv Libertine quotes.

I believe that Life Asylum is the greatest track ever recorded
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

HASHZOOT

• Rep: 5
  • I actually don’t even smoke weed.
« Reply #1073 on: January 16, 2023, 10:36:55 AM »

dallou

• SLAP Pal
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #1074 on: January 17, 2023, 03:23:21 AM »
Curious about people's gear and software.

Could you guys tell me :

1) all the instruments or hardware you own
2) your favorite piece of harware or intrument, like something you would recommend
3) The DAW or whatever thing you use to record
4) Post your favorite thing you made (one is hard but better I guess so we don't get flooded)

if it's a bad idea please ignore and sorry

club

« Reply #1075 on: January 17, 2023, 03:45:49 AM »
Curious about people's gear and software.

Could you guys tell me :

1) all the instruments or hardware you own
2) your favorite piece of harware or intrument, like something you would recommend
3) The DAW or whatever thing you use to record
4) Post your favorite thing you made (one is hard but better I guess so we don't get flooded)

if it's a bad idea please ignore and sorry

I was headed here to share a track I made the other night anyways so fuck it I’ll bite. I use ableton, the studio version specifically. There are a couple really nice software synths included that I use all the time. I have a fender strat, tele and pbass. A Martin acoustic as well. I have a few others I’ve picked up over the years but those are my go tos. I think strats in particular record very well and you can get so many different tones from them, I love mine. Umm, I use a silver face fender deluxe reverb amp for guitar and I have a 50w orange combo for bass. But I always record bass through an interface anyways. Pretty much that’s it for me, I try to keep it simple. I’m sure at some point I’ll buy an analog synth but don’t feel the need to right now.

Anyways here’s the track I came here to share. Breakbeat shit, trip-hop mabye? Idk I’m not up on my sub genre knowledge. Hope y’all enjoy and have good days.

http://youtu.be/EygnSrZELBs

club

« Reply #1076 on: January 17, 2023, 04:29:58 AM »
I would like to say though, I don’t think it’s all about what you own but more how you use it and how comfortable you are with it. I don’t think going out and buying a 303 will automatically make you dope acid, but with practice it’s the right tool for the job. I know people with shitty ass setups but that’s what they’re used to and they make dope shit regardless.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 04:36:47 AM by club »

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1077 on: January 17, 2023, 06:23:24 AM »
@club dope track

i use my pc with fl studio producer edition. i have a nektar 61 key midi keyboard that i never use. i pretty much use my pc keyboard for most things. all my plugins are/were free. i use surge and vital a lot, and a lot of free tal plugins.

i also play guitar in a funk cover band, but i never record guitar... i don't even have a audio interface rn. that is pretty much on top of my list to get. also looking for a bass guitar. my guitar is probably the most costly thing i own. it's a fender jaguar. i thought about selling it, but i just love this thing and i know i'll regret it later. also this would be a great recording guitar because of the versatile settings and the unique sounds you can get out of the weird bridge. rn i only play it at band rehearsals. i sold my main amp and only have a shitty kustom amp left here who only works in clean, and that only barely.

so basically i use just my pc hardware for the most part. i'm too lazy to setup the keyboard. i'll probably going to sell it to trade in for a smaller one i can keep on my desk, like the new arturia one.

I.C. Weiner

• Rep: -7
« Reply #1078 on: January 17, 2023, 09:31:25 AM »
first tune that my band has put out. we're called digdeep and we're from dublin, ireland.

https://open.spotify.com/track/7vQF6aytHrl3LG4mTGAhLe?si=5588c37907f745a0

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1079 on: January 17, 2023, 09:56:17 AM »
https://soundcloud.com/jjjajkje/sets/on-the-somtimes

Your stuff is rad as hell. "Somtimes" is going to be on repeat for me today.