Author Topic: Post your own music...  (Read 175960 times)

club

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 20
Re: Post your own music...
« Reply #1080 on: January 17, 2023, 12:46:24 PM »
first tune that my band has put out. we're called digdeep and we're from dublin, ireland.

https://open.spotify.com/track/7vQF6aytHrl3LG4mTGAhLe?si=5588c37907f745a0

Thank you @Frank
And this sounded nice, I don’t have a Spotify sub so I only heard the preview but from I heard it was sick

HASHZOOT

• Rep: 5
  • I actually don’t even smoke weed.
« Reply #1081 on: January 17, 2023, 03:28:45 PM »

Your stuff is rad as hell. "Somtimes" is going to be on repeat for me today.

Thanks man!

I rarely ever finish stuff but this year I’m aiming for to put something semi finished into the world every month.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1082 on: January 19, 2023, 02:04:28 AM »
Curious about people's gear and software.

Could you guys tell me :

1) all the instruments or hardware you own
2) your favorite piece of harware or intrument, like something you would recommend
3) The DAW or whatever thing you use to record
4) Post your favorite thing you made (one is hard but better I guess so we don't get flooded)

if it's a bad idea please ignore and sorry

Ableton user here too. Been using it since the very first version, when the timestretching blew my mind! (I was in a electro/trip hop band at the time and arranging samples at the right tempo took us hours before ableton.....)
I have 2 basses, a guitar, a MIDI keyboard I never use, some mics and audio interfaces, lots of pedal effetcs, some percussions....Sold my old vintage Korg synth cause I never used it either.

Favorite gear: my Musicman Sterling (model not the sub-brand) bass. Love that thing.

Favorite thing I made: I can't choose.....so I'll just post the latest! Was pretty happy about this gig (I'm the bass player/singer)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWltB6k428A

Might be getting too old for this shit though, cause 1 hour of playing = 4 hours of driving and hauling gear..... ::)   Hate that ratio. Nowadays I just love playing/rehearsing live though. More fun to me than tweaking shit on the computer. Which I used to love too, but kinda got bored with it I guess....

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1083 on: January 19, 2023, 01:14:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Curious about people's gear and software.

Could you guys tell me :

1) all the instruments or hardware you own
2) your favorite piece of harware or intrument, like something you would recommend
3) The DAW or whatever thing you use to record
4) Post your favorite thing you made (one is hard but better I guess so we don't get flooded)

if it's a bad idea please ignore and sorry
[close]

Ableton user here too. Been using it since the very first version, when the timestretching blew my mind! (I was in a electro/trip hop band at the time and arranging samples at the right tempo took us hours before ableton.....)
I have 2 basses, a guitar, a MIDI keyboard I never use, some mics and audio interfaces, lots of pedal effetcs, some percussions....Sold my old vintage Korg synth cause I never used it either.

Favorite gear: my Musicman Sterling (model not the sub-brand) bass. Love that thing.

Favorite thing I made: I can't choose.....so I'll just post the latest! Was pretty happy about this gig (I'm the bass player/singer)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWltB6k428A

Might be getting too old for this shit though, cause 1 hour of playing = 4 hours of driving and hauling gear..... ::)   Hate that ratio. Nowadays I just love playing/rehearsing live though. More fun to me than tweaking shit on the computer. Which I used to love too, but kinda got bored with it I guess....

lol, i've had two now and never use them because they are so big and i hate clearing my workdesk for em.

cool clip of you playing. i'm obsessing over basses rn. stingrays are so dope. unfortunately even the sterling sub ones have become pretty unaffordable.

since i'm in here, these are the two newest tracks on my yt.

i might have posted the demo of this one already, not sure. this is sort of dnb/ambient stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chKJQOUHH4I

this is a very dark (abstract)hiphop instrumental, pretty noisy and industrial. inspired by old fondle em and def jux stuff i used to listen to when we were toy kids dreaming of bombing trains, lol. mixed with some contemporary elements so it doesn't sound too retro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9fwfvp_VXc

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3289
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #1084 on: January 19, 2023, 04:56:03 PM »
Expand Quote

Your stuff is rad as hell. "Somtimes" is going to be on repeat for me today.
[close]

Thanks man!

I rarely ever finish stuff but this year I’m aiming for to put something semi finished into the world every month.

I'm also making a bit of push to finish stuff, whatever that means...like, take it out of loop territory and try to give it some semblance of beginning, middle, and end.

Your "Somtimes" track reminded me a bit of stuff by The Field, who I'm a bit mad about at the moment. Check their stuff out if you get a chance...it's kind of wall of sound stuff that just chugs along. My favorite sound.

Anyways...really enjoy your music. Keep it up please!

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1085 on: January 20, 2023, 12:50:30 AM »

lol, i've had two now and never use them because they are so big and i hate clearing my workdesk for em.

cool clip of you playing. i'm obsessing over basses rn. stingrays are so dope. unfortunately even the sterling sub ones have become pretty unaffordable.

since i'm in here, these are the two newest tracks on my yt.

i might have posted the demo of this one already, not sure. this is sort of dnb/ambient stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chKJQOUHH4I

this is a very dark (abstract)hiphop instrumental, pretty noisy and industrial. inspired by old fondle em and def jux stuff i used to listen to when we were toy kids dreaming of bombing trains, lol. mixed with some contemporary elements so it doesn't sound too retro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9fwfvp_VXc
thanks....and both your tracks are nicely done man! Especially like the second one (no surprise as I was into the Def Jux stuff too, well mainly Company Flow)

Stingrays are just soooooooo good. I dreamed of having one as a teenager cause my bass teacher had one and I could play it during the lessons! a few years back I tried to find one second hand, found this Sterling instead and just fell in love. It's kind of Musicman's Jazz Bass. It's light, super versatile, and the sound is ooomph. Then I bought an old Trace Elliot amp, so now I have my 90's dream gear haha.....(that amp is a tank btw....made in the UK, serial number is written by hand! only problem is that it weighs as much as a dead donkey, as we say in French  :-X )

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1086 on: January 20, 2023, 04:19:44 AM »
thanks for posting pics (and for the kind words), very cool setup, that bass is as beautiful as they come :) any reasons you went with the t.e. amp since you said this was your 90s dream setup?

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1087 on: January 20, 2023, 07:40:44 AM »
thanks for posting pics (and for the kind words), very cool setup, that bass is as beautiful as they come :) any reasons you went with the t.e. amp since you said this was your 90s dream setup?

well......long story made short: the place I rehearsed at with my high school band had huge Trace Elliots, like twice as big as this one....And I loved em!
then when I started playing in a band again, I bought a modern Fender amp. At first I was stoked: much lighter and easier to haul around than the bass amps of back in the day, good sound, low price. But it started to rattle/hum on certain notes and that really bugged me.... So I sold it and when I saw the Trace Elliot offered for 250 euros in an ad, it was a no-brainer!   8)

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1088 on: January 20, 2023, 03:01:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

well......long story made short: the place I rehearsed at with my high school band had huge Trace Elliots, like twice as big as this one....And I loved em!
then when I started playing in a band again, I bought a modern Fender amp. At first I was stoked: much lighter and easier to haul around than the bass amps of back in the day, good sound, low price. But it started to rattle/hum on certain notes and that really bugged me.... So I sold it and when I saw the Trace Elliot offered for 250 euros in an ad, it was a no-brainer!   8)

i have no idea what trace elliotts amps like this go for usually, but this sounds like a great deal for an amp of this size regardless, especially when you know you'll like it! trace elliotts look pretty sick, too.

i might go ampless for my homesetup because i can't really play over a speaker in my house. but everytime i see big amps such as this i still want one.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1089 on: January 21, 2023, 03:04:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i have no idea what trace elliotts amps like this go for usually, but this sounds like a great deal for an amp of this size regardless, especially when you know you'll like it! trace elliotts look pretty sick, too.

i might go ampless for my homesetup because i can't really play over a speaker in my house. but everytime i see big amps such as this i still want one.

it was definitely a good deal but yeah, that thing is way too big to be played at home. Even with the volume at 1 it's too loud! When playing with live drums hammering away and 2 loud distorted guitars, I put the volume around 3 lol....so it just sits in our rehearsal space, which we share with 2 other bands. At home I go through my audio interface and the computer (my oldest kid stole my small practice amp, he's got his own setup in his room now and that is sooooo rad, but another conversation entirely  :P  )

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1090 on: January 21, 2023, 03:56:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

it was definitely a good deal but yeah, that thing is way too big to be played at home. Even with the volume at 1 it's too loud! When playing with live drums hammering away and 2 loud distorted guitars, I put the volume around 3 lol....so it just sits in our rehearsal space, which we share with 2 other bands. At home I go through my audio interface and the computer (my oldest kid stole my small practice amp, he's got his own setup in his room now and that is sooooo rad, but another conversation entirely  :P  )

lol

your kid sounds like me when i was a kid haha.

rad and wholesome post man. watching your kid grow into a musician of its own must be sick, but possibly also terrifying haha.

hope you and everyone else in this thread have an amazing weekend.

cheers!

club

« Reply #1091 on: January 23, 2023, 01:08:36 AM »
Hey everyone, this is a compilation album of things I've made recently. I guess I call it that because I don't set out to make an album, I just make songs, uploading them as I go and when I feel the time is right I arrange them how I want and add a cover. Anyways, pretty ambient heavy, some techno and house, breakbeats, guitar and bass mixed in throughout. Entirely instrumental, 13 tracks, and close to an hour runtime so feel free to just skim through lol I know thats a lot. *Ive posted a few of these songs in this thread already. Hope you find something you like and enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-gs7jcFr_J1PupZbkO__192JbRo4zVUT

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1092 on: January 24, 2023, 09:31:19 AM »
Hey everyone, this is a compilation album of things I've made recently. I guess I call it that because I don't set out to make an album, I just make songs, uploading them as I go and when I feel the time is right I arrange them how I want and add a cover. Anyways, pretty ambient heavy, some techno and house, breakbeats, guitar and bass mixed in throughout. Entirely instrumental, 13 tracks, and close to an hour runtime so feel free to just skim through lol I know thats a lot. *Ive posted a few of these songs in this thread already. Hope you find something you like and enjoy.

Giving this a full listen through today. Your stuff is quite awesome.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1093 on: January 24, 2023, 09:42:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Giving this a full listen through today. Your stuff is quite awesome.

yeah, i listen to that one track you posted every day, it gets better everytime i listen to(i left the fire comment)

club

« Reply #1094 on: January 24, 2023, 05:11:40 PM »
That's so nice to hear Frank, I subbed to your dentalplan page a few days ago. Thanks for listening Gay !!

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 961
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1095 on: January 31, 2023, 11:50:16 PM »
https://auralbutcheryers.bandcamp.com/album/look-me-in-the-eye-and-say-that-again

I dropped some tracks really quickly.

The Terminally online song is here. Probably should have done a cover but whatever.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1096 on: February 02, 2023, 02:52:39 PM »
https://auralbutcheryers.bandcamp.com/album/look-me-in-the-eye-and-say-that-again

The Terminally online song is here. Probably should have done a cover but whatever.

Damn....guess I have a crush on you now. This is awesome.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1097 on: February 02, 2023, 03:44:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn....guess I have a crush on you now. This is awesome.

Thanks Pal I luv you too.
(A)pl(E)

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1098 on: February 02, 2023, 06:10:22 PM »
https://medicineliam.bandcamp.com/album/fuck-medicine-liam
More experimental type stuff I’ve been making recently
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1099 on: February 22, 2023, 07:49:45 AM »

club

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1102 on: March 14, 2023, 09:33:34 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/reel/205202508855478?s=yWDuG2&fs=e&mibextid=Nif5oz

How do I harvest this track from FB to put on YouTube?
(A)pl(E)

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #1103 on: March 14, 2023, 12:20:35 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/reel/205202508855478?s=yWDuG2&fs=e&mibextid=Nif5oz

How do I harvest this track from FB to put on YouTube?

not sure if you can d-load it, but why not ask the poster if they could send you the vid to post it up on youtube with credit to them as a filmer?

EDIT: enjoyed that show snippet a lot. sounded really good for a random live recording with a phone(?), so you must have sounded really good irl i assume.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #1104 on: March 30, 2023, 03:55:27 PM »
https://commutertown.bandcamp.com/

Everything besides “Late Twenties” are bands/projects I did with one of my best friend’s, Ben. Late Twenties is just Ben as he does it all. Rips at skating too. Commutertown is his little platform to release stuff. I play drums on everything.

Played a couple of shows with Honey Radar if anyone on here is into them. Became acquaintances with them & they’d have us play with them in Philadelphia.

overwaxed

• Rep: 83
« Reply #1105 on: April 02, 2023, 11:31:42 AM »
hi! I play in a few projects here in Chicago, one of them being 'beige on beige' and we're releasing our first single on 4/7, but you can check it now via Soundcloud on this little one pager I made to get gigs: https://beige.band. This project is probably the most collaborative and creatively stimulating band I've ever been in and I'm super hyped on the body of work we have to put out already.

Probably a similar story for a lot of y'all but skateboarding is the reason I got into music, which has taken me all over the country and world as a touring drummer. I remember reading an Ed Templeton interview in Big Brother where he said his favorite bands were Fugazi and Sonic Youth, so I decided they were my favorites as well and it's kind of stuck for 20+ years. The early 2000's were a very exciting time for music in videos, Modest Mouse certainly owes a lot of their success to our embracing them whole heartedly at least!

For any Chicago heads we're playing the Empty Bottle on 4/10 - say hey and mention slap and I'll buy you a malort!

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1106 on: April 10, 2023, 04:22:42 PM »
Not totally sure this counts as "music", but I've been experimenting with drone stuff lately (and learning how to record to my phone properly) and thought some of this was pretty cool. Please forgive the god-awful camera angle.

http://youtu.be/1eDBynzAWb0

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • ow
« Reply #1107 on: April 10, 2023, 05:28:27 PM »
Not totally sure this counts as "music", but I've been experimenting with drone stuff lately (and learning how to record to my phone properly) and thought some of this was pretty cool. Please forgive the god-awful camera angle.

This is great! Thanks for sharing. Some Brian Eno vibes

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1108 on: April 10, 2023, 05:49:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
This is great! Thanks for sharing. Some Brian Eno vibes

*blush*
Thanks a ton swellbowed for your ears and your time.

club

« Reply #1109 on: April 10, 2023, 09:40:09 PM »
Awesome gay