Author Topic: Trendwatch 2022  (Read 43679 times)

Magnolia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 464
  • She/They
Re: Trendwatch 2022
« Reply #390 on: April 14, 2022, 08:15:40 AM »
kissing your homies on the mouth after landing a trick
I don't do this cause it's trendy, I do it cause I love my friends
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

moneen

• Rep: -41
« Reply #391 on: April 14, 2022, 08:31:00 AM »
Front smith to any flip should be punishable by law. 10 lashings. Also Jorts are sick.

Crusty Grundle

« Reply #392 on: April 14, 2022, 08:57:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jokes aside skaters becoming runners is gonna be massive
[close]

I used to run competitively, and one of my good buddies also ran and skated. After a few years we both couldn't handle the knee stress anymore. Both of us gave up running when we got to college in favor of skating. Super tough to do both.
[close]

I don’t know about running, but it’s clear that a few big time pros in SoCal have got heavily into cycling. Balanced with skating, it’s probably better on the knees and ankles than running.

I can get behind cycling as a form of activity/exercise, but please... do not go full spandex with all the bike brand logos and such! I get it... they're dressed like that to reduce drag, but if you're not cycling at the competitive level, it really doesn't amount to much and those guys look ridiculous! Geez... 35+ year olds with pear bottoms and puddin' bellies! WTF guys... just throw on a light Tee and athletic shorts and enjoy your bike ride.

biaherl

• Rep: 271
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #393 on: April 16, 2022, 10:43:09 AM »
Painting ur pants

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #394 on: April 22, 2022, 01:17:33 PM »
Johnny wilson looks silly as hell in his bike spandex
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #395 on: April 22, 2022, 05:01:20 PM »
Y’all can anyone find my comment calling out Angel Du$t merch? I was so god damned right even Wes Kremer was wearing a trucker at the P Stone contest.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #396 on: April 22, 2022, 05:01:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Front smith to any flip should be punishable by law. 10 lashings. Also Jorts are sick.
[close]

Ugh. I don’t know why you thought this would convince me. I hate that trick more than most tricks lmao
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #397 on: April 22, 2022, 05:10:56 PM »
Y’all can anyone find my comment calling out Angel Du$t merch? I was so god damned right even Wes Kremer was wearing a trucker at the P Stone contest.
I heard Thrasher let Wheatberry use the angel dust zine and he is running with it, could be that or left over angel dust gear from when the original zine dropped.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #398 on: April 22, 2022, 05:16:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I used to run competitively, and one of my good buddies also ran and skated. After a few years we both couldn't handle the knee stress anymore. Both of us gave up running when we got to college in favor of skating. Super tough to do both.
[close]

I don’t know about running, but it’s clear that a few big time pros in SoCal have got heavily into cycling. Balanced with skating, it’s probably better on the knees and ankles than running.
[close]

I can get behind cycling as a form of activity/exercise, but please... do not go full spandex with all the bike brand logos and such! I get it... they're dressed like that to reduce drag, but if you're not cycling at the competitive level, it really doesn't amount to much and those guys look ridiculous! Geez... 35+ year olds with pear bottoms and puddin' bellies! WTF guys... just throw on a light Tee and athletic shorts and enjoy your bike ride.

I hear you but if you're cycling over 25 miles... that shit can really keep you comfortable. I tend to put cut off Dickies over my lycra bib (more for other people's benefit than mine) but if I'm going on a full on mission, you might catch me full on lycra'd out. Apologies in advance, if you see me.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #399 on: April 22, 2022, 07:23:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

It’s not to reduce drag. The padding in your shorts prevents chafing and sores on your pelvis. Those fucking suuuuuck. A Jersey helps with overheating. You’re never going to look cool and it’s far more comfortable. No more ridiculous than wearing the current on trend pants.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #400 on: April 22, 2022, 07:44:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

It’s not to reduce drag. The padding in your shorts prevents chafing and sores on your pelvis. Those fucking suuuuuck. A Jersey helps with overheating. You’re never going to look cool and it’s far more comfortable. No more ridiculous than wearing the current on trend pants.

I’d rather wear a cycling kit than big boys or whatever the jnco pants are now kids are wearing.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #401 on: April 22, 2022, 10:48:41 PM »
nice one

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 789
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #402 on: April 23, 2022, 03:20:28 PM »
I’d rather wear a jnco cycling kit

Jk. I only wear the cycling shorts (with the ass pads) with a tee or old sweater and some vans. Maybe a cycling cap. Don’t think the whole cycling kit really works with crusty vintage 70s road bikes and single speeds lol

nothing's been the since same

LB

• Rep: 57
« Reply #403 on: April 23, 2022, 04:19:08 PM »
im trying to encourage tictac races

g00dB0utd0llaz

• Rep: -4
« Reply #404 on: April 24, 2022, 09:16:51 AM »
i hope soma wheatberry will get sober and drop a part

braksabbath

• Rep: 192
« Reply #405 on: April 27, 2022, 05:51:34 PM »

Counterfeit decks

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #406 on: May 06, 2022, 03:01:03 AM »
Conical Fulls are going to be replaced by OG Classics as the trendy wheel people skate.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

fernando the skater

• Rep: 126
« Reply #407 on: May 06, 2022, 03:39:09 AM »

I've seen an older chap in Hyde Park, London, who does tictac slalom between little rollerskate cones. He's pretty fast. And probably the only person in the world doing it.

fernando the skater

• Rep: 126
« Reply #408 on: May 06, 2022, 03:46:34 AM »
Is skateboarding heading for a dip again?

When I go past the local spots in London half the time there's no one there, and I know shops aren't selling as much. The covid shut down was a peak, but has everyone got bored? Added costs due to inflation as well.

manysnakes

« Reply #409 on: May 06, 2022, 06:22:33 AM »
Is skateboarding heading for a dip again?

When I go past the local spots in London half the time there's no one there, and I know shops aren't selling as much. The covid shut down was a peak, but has everyone got bored? Added costs due to inflation as well.

Still seems to be popping where I am. One thing I will say is that, in my area, the rollerskating trend seems to have taken the wind out of the sails of a lot of the women's and girl's skateboarding that was happening a year or two ago.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #410 on: May 06, 2022, 07:00:21 AM »
Conical Fulls are going to be replaced by OG Classics as the trendy wheel people skate.

This already been happening since they released the oh clsssic F4

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 291
« Reply #411 on: May 06, 2022, 09:12:12 AM »
Someone is skating to a track off of Blood Sugar Sex Magik and I won't approve.

somefucker

« Reply #412 on: May 06, 2022, 09:17:53 AM »
someone will unironically skate to crank dat

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #413 on: May 06, 2022, 12:42:20 PM »
Because of the Tyson and T-Funk part, we will see an increase of Pajammers

Shoutout Nick Trapasso
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 189
« Reply #414 on: May 24, 2022, 03:18:10 AM »
is it just me, or are double page ads with no trick becoming a lot more prevalent?

maybe some people are into it, but it fuckin bums me out to open a mag and see so much space taken up by brand names and ironically mediocre doodles.

somefucker

« Reply #415 on: May 24, 2022, 04:25:27 AM »
is it just me, or are double page ads with no trick becoming a lot more prevalent?

maybe some people are into it, but it fuckin bums me out to open a mag and see so much space taken up by brand names and ironically mediocre doodles.

calvin pays

supreme pays

Dr Hass

• Rep: 4
« Reply #416 on: May 25, 2022, 06:36:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've seen an older chap in Hyde Park, London, who does tictac slalom between little rollerskate cones. He's pretty fast. And probably the only person in the world doing it.

Lol I've seen that guy, he's rapid

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 628
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #417 on: May 25, 2022, 08:52:47 AM »
In 2022 skate video blurbs will incorporate a variety of cooking terms since it seems to be so hard to describe clips. Fry, marinate, baste, mince, puree, zest…

Type "melting" in the Thrasher site's search bar and get spatchcocked for the future, Pals!

skunty

• Rep: 75
« Reply #418 on: May 25, 2022, 09:30:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I heard Thrasher let Wheatberry use the angel dust zine and he is running with it, could be that or left over angel dust gear from when the original zine dropped.

in the new antihero ad with GT doing a big air at the p-stone cup one of the little dialogue bubbles of hte crowd says "youre wheatberry right? big fan of the mag dude"

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 616
« Reply #419 on: June 06, 2022, 11:06:36 AM »
Rompers.
“Healing crystal” sponsorships.
Unnecessary eyepatches.
Muska flips.
Skullets.
Third nipples.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.