Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 420647 times)

assvogel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 210
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #4050 on: April 06, 2024, 04:21:23 AM »
These business grindset ghouls are the scum of the earth. But it's funny see PRod break his keyfabe (maybe he doesn't even realize it himself, but that's prob. even worse) multiple times during a 40 minute timespan.

"I create this awesome product that flies off the shelves" to "Our products don't sell because the industry doesn't believe them" to "I don't really do any decisions, other people does them, I'm just the face for the company and I think what Primitive puts out is pretty wack".

Whole brand licensing thing that Primitive does is probably pretty lucrative when it works, but you need to put out so much shit to be able to stay afloat when the deals bomb. Like now they got a Attack on Titan series, but in the same mall they sell those Primitive boards, there's probably hundred other companies with AoT-shit on the shelves, skateboards included.

If Primitive wants to be seen cool in their core demographic, instead of brand license deals they should just take a screenshot of a semi-obscure horror anime and put that on their shirt. That way you save money on licensing and skateboarders think your art direction is the coolest shit out there. 8)

(I kid, I love Sci-Fi)

crescentfresh

• Rep: 53
« Reply #4051 on: April 06, 2024, 06:59:46 AM »
I'm feeling this Joa rage. Fuck these rich kids turned landbastards and shitty bosses acting like their amazing business acumen got them where they are. Yeah, they did some cool things on a skateboard, but have no problem leeching every last dollar out of it. So gross.

<3 your local middle aged slap poster who is bitter about never being pro  ::)

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
« Reply #4052 on: April 06, 2024, 07:06:25 AM »
Non of that prod video was a hot take.

Also what’s up with industry thing where nobody says slap? Even fucking thrasher does it, and they keep the lights own here. Is there some other secret message board I should know about? Skateboardrumors.com?

Frank Sobotka

• Rep: 95
  • We used to make shit in this country, build shit
« Reply #4053 on: April 06, 2024, 07:12:15 AM »
That parasitic cunt Mikey Taylor is beyond vile

ejazzle

• Rep: 82
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4054 on: April 06, 2024, 07:12:52 AM »
Intro went so hard. Someone in the yt comments said “Mikey and P rod would sell skate stoppers if they thought there was a gap in the market” so accurate.

Prod and Mikey are gonna see this but they are so braindead they’ll probably just be excited someone is making a video about them.

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 145
« Reply #4055 on: April 06, 2024, 07:15:02 AM »
Hilarious how they bring up slap without mentioning it directly and how bitter they are but still claim they don't care.

I have skated Primitive boards because I like some shapes and the wood. Also their videos are always really well done. But the dude who apparently co-owns it but doesnt bother to check the graphics or even dislikes them seems quite lost.

Would love to see a M-Rod response vid.

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 520
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4056 on: April 06, 2024, 07:45:01 AM »
10/10. Loving the Rodfather hit piece

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #4057 on: April 06, 2024, 08:14:19 AM »
This was awesome. 

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4058 on: April 06, 2024, 08:22:25 AM »
There’s a thing where businessman dumb guys give their companies stupid names, but a property gobbling private equity firm called “Commune” is still really something.

Braydon SanFransiski

« Reply #4059 on: April 06, 2024, 08:43:43 AM »
I laughed so hard when he pauses the video and I just hear "Why would I want to automate my lliiiffee...?"

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 112
« Reply #4060 on: April 06, 2024, 09:02:59 AM »
prod and mikey deserve to be called out and clowned on, this grindset money money money personalities are disgusting. prod looks like a complete buffoon and they look so out of touch.

joa is in top form here

grandslam

• Rep: 47
« Reply #4061 on: April 06, 2024, 09:31:30 AM »
This is where his formula works best IMO.

I am on the older range of his typical demographic I would guess, but it’s good to be able to show his younger viewers, *with specifics* why this stuff stinks, and why maybe they feel a certain way about this type of industry person, especially if they can’t vocalize it.

Also, goes to show that you can deduce what type of out of touch tryhard Mikey Taylor is in 3 quick snippets.

No wonder the industry spat him out.

bohemian

• Rep: -329
« Reply #4062 on: April 06, 2024, 10:01:17 AM »
love this.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 744
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4063 on: April 06, 2024, 10:25:50 AM »
Wait, I thought he was a pro-capitalist fascist?
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Banned from the room

« Reply #4064 on: April 06, 2024, 10:52:45 AM »
It's a stressful cringe fest. I'm sure they feel the same about my personal life tho.

We can skate tho.

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #4065 on: April 06, 2024, 11:05:50 AM »
PRod owning a company that he doesn't approve direction on, filling the world with heaps of inane deravative product and wondering aloud if will even be a worthwhile venture for him. Just brainless coasting on a monumental scale. He is so fucking washed it's breathtaking. Props to Joa for the attempt at waking him the fuck up.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -496
« Reply #4066 on: April 06, 2024, 11:11:07 AM »

Also what’s up with industry thing where nobody says slap? Even fucking thrasher does it, and they keep the lights own here. Is there some other secret message board I should know about? Skateboardrumors.com?

Industry has this thing where they think it’s lame but really they all just soft and we shit on them and they see it and get sad . Look at how crob and friends treat it. They so sour on it they sent in the benefactor Kulla to spy on us and Tell crib when we’re being big meanies about the fact his career was mediocre at best.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

ejazzle

• Rep: 82
« Reply #4067 on: April 06, 2024, 11:17:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Industry has this thing where they think it’s lame but really they all just soft and we shit on them and they see it and get sad . Look at how crob and friends treat it. They so sour on it they sent in the benefactor Kulla to spy on us and Tell crib when we’re being big meanies about the fact his career was mediocre at best.
Agreed, the "industry" cant handle any bit of public criticism, but here they are constantly reading our comments.

Im pretty sure Rog is here often and a lot of his ideas align with ours but he just can't express them publicly.

easymoneysniper

• Rep: 30
« Reply #4068 on: April 06, 2024, 11:30:54 AM »
fuck mikey taylor and his football face

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 754
« Reply #4069 on: April 06, 2024, 11:56:03 AM »
Mikey Taylor is fucking insufferable to listen to.  It’s a shame his part can’t be erased from Mindfield

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #4070 on: April 06, 2024, 12:09:51 PM »
I like angry joa

SATIVA HYBRID

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4071 on: April 06, 2024, 02:08:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

they hate the power that the boards hold
only hoe i love is popeyes
i put my dick in the drumstick

Shtonk

• Rep: -450
« Reply #4072 on: April 06, 2024, 02:28:24 PM »
gh is much better at punching down than up
this video was pure slap bait, if not narration
who cares about primitive? p-rod? bojack?

i back the format tho
primitive might pay great skaters
but they dont need core money
less obvious brands need call outs

punching down at primitive... the world must truly be quite something through your eyes.

rukes

• Rep: 221
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #4073 on: April 06, 2024, 03:31:33 PM »
In a time where skateboarding is becoming more inclusive and welcoming to all, it not a good look for three privileged fellas to be sitting around bemoaning the lack of money going into their own pockets.

Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #4074 on: April 06, 2024, 04:02:09 PM »
That was excellent.  He perfectly stated so many valid points, and yes, it’s important that the younger generation viewing his platform hears these things.

He did say he’s “the last person who’s gonna stand up for Slap”… and I would love it if he elaborated.  He’s one of the very few “industry” people who would actually have the balls and communication skills to. 

There’s countless parallels between his opinions and ours.  I can’t help but feel that his only gripe with us would be the select few who talk shit on him.  Which fair enough,  I guess.

Dad Board

• Rep: 89
« Reply #4075 on: April 06, 2024, 04:05:24 PM »
That was excellent.  He perfectly stated so many valid points, and yes, it’s important that the younger generation viewing his platform hears these things.

He did say he’s “the last person who’s gonna stand up for Slap”… and I would love it if he elaborated.  He’s one of the very few “industry” people who would actually have the balls and communication skills to. 

There’s countless parallels between his opinions and ours.  I can’t help but feel that his only gripe with us would be the select few who talk shit on him.  Which fair enough,  I guess.

We uh…sorta had a 15 page thread going recently debating whether or not he’s an actual fascist 😬 heh.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 866
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #4076 on: April 06, 2024, 05:15:16 PM »
Expand Quote

i back the format tho
[close]

punching down at primitive... the world must truly be quite something through your eyes.
prod on a mikey taylor podcast is punching down
the guy who was just raffling away a tesla
on a podcast with a “grindset guru” to say the least
the guys that regularly get wedgies on this very forum

if you think thats punching up, you might have CTE
but maybe your next shitty thread will bring enlightenment
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Dad Board

• Rep: 89
« Reply #4077 on: April 06, 2024, 05:29:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

i back the format tho
[close]

[close]
prod on a mikey taylor podcast is punching down
the guy who was just raffling away a tesla
on a podcast with a “grindset guru” to say the least
the guys that regularly get wedgies on this very forum

if you think thats punching up, you might have CTE
but maybe your next shitty thread will bring enlightenment

I don’t care which way anyone interprets the punches flying, if GH is going for the throat of these abhorrent finance bro/real estate demons that are attempting to slither their way into/back into skateboarding I’m backing it 1000%

c-dock

• Rep: 11
  • Lurker
« Reply #4078 on: April 06, 2024, 05:37:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Agreed, the "industry" cant handle any bit of public criticism, but here they are constantly reading our comments.

Im pretty sure Rog is here often and a lot of his ideas align with ours but he just can't express them publicly.

Rog is 100% a Slap guy. When Nine Club was first starting out I linked a VX quality test on here asking for advice, and shortly afterwards I see a comment on the video from their channel giving me export settings

nollieboulala

• Rep: 6
  • fuckin wheel fell off
« Reply #4079 on: April 06, 2024, 10:51:59 PM »
it was funny. and most of it is pretty valid. Not sure he can keep it up forever, and stay well, but I’m appreciative of the humor and opinions most of the time. And he’s bummed on slap cuz people on here made some wild accusations because he doesn’t tow the line all the time. But that’s to expected with what’s he’s doing, if he didn’t break from the general script then his videos would be the nine club so…