Author Topic: Weird Mark Appleyard / Geoff Rowley / Active Email  (Read 10432 times)

otis b driftwood

Re: Weird Mark Appleyard / Geoff Rowley / Active Email
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2007, 04:11:56 PM »
A quote from one of their press releases:

"Nike also will expand its own retail expertise and direct-to-consumer businesses. “Becoming a better retailer will help us be a better wholesale partner,” Parker said. By 2011, the company expects Nike direct-to-consumer sales, which include inline stores, factory outlets and e-commerce, to increase to 15 percent of sales, up from the current 12 percent. Growth will come from all three Nike direct-to-consumer categories.

The company anticipates opening approximately 100 new inline Nike stores worldwide, with up to half expected to open in the United States over the next three years, to elevate the brand experience, position the Nike brand in the world’s premium shopping locations and test innovative retail concepts that can serve as a growth catalyst for the specialty athletic retail industry."

Sounds like if they are aquiring skateboarding mailorder their "inline stores" will throw rollerblades and skateboarding in the same pot. As long as they are making billions they don't care. I will never understand why skateboarders let them in. Huge mistake. Go Birdo!

are you an idiot?

'inline' as used in that press release has nothing at fucking all to do with rollerblades.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 04:15:59 PM by otis b driftwood »

clarkie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 23
    • Real Skate avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2007, 04:27:14 PM »
I might be an idiot, I haven't asked myself latey. I do know what an inline store is, however since Nike manufactures rollerblades and other types of skates, that's how I read into it at this time. Rollersports are growing in popularity.

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2007, 05:00:52 PM »
I've noticed alot less rollerblades since probably '01.
One of my favorite lines is the one of spiked meth drnewton does off of lou pearlmans viarga and toddler-blood induced erection that finally puts that bitch 6 feet deep.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2007, 05:45:07 PM »
I've noticed alot less rollerblades since probably '01.
Yeah, its gotten to the point where if I see a rollerblader at the spot I think to myself "Really?"
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Alexactly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • RIP
« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2007, 06:37:33 PM »
There coming back man. I've seen more fruitbooters in the past 6 months than I have in the past 5 years combined.

meanwalrus18

• Rep: -1
« Reply #125 on: May 12, 2007, 12:27:45 PM »
im pretty sure its because appleyards sponsored by volcom and rowley by vans and volcom got mad at active for not selling their merch at full price...wah wah...whatever....fuck em...theyre all making money either way