Author Topic: Weird Mark Appleyard / Geoff Rowley / Active Email  (Read 10405 times)

georgecarr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Weird Mark Appleyard / Geoff Rowley / Active Email
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2007, 11:02:55 AM »
I heard they quit for the folowing reasons

1)  They booted Tom Penny and never event told him (had the Flip TM do it)
2)  Active had sued Volcom and won and both Geoff and Mark skate for Volcom
3)  They make an ass load of shop decks
4)  They just ran an add claiming "the best skate team ever" and their a fuggin mailorder catalog

fahque

• Rep: 3
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2007, 11:08:39 AM »
yes indeed. fuck mailorder, but with that being said if a kid buying the deck for "the picture" as opposed to actually the shape, size and concave, then let him buy his "toy" online.  actually its a great place for them to support element and zero that way and i wont be obligated to sell those in the store. all mail order stuff should come with im a kook sticker...

Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2007, 11:44:25 AM »

4)  They just ran an add claiming "the best skate team ever" and their a fuggin mailorder catalog

Why did they sue Volcom?  Did Volcom steal some denim designs from Active's line of crappy jeans?

picklesickshuv-it

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2007, 12:25:45 PM »
yeah my buddy that rides for wactive said they are defiinately gone

hairy gary

• Rep: 0
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2007, 12:39:16 PM »
mark look likes Che Guevera and Wowely looks like i mini version of Lemme, I would probably have a threesome with them.

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2007, 12:48:51 PM »
thanks for your contribution gary

daboss

• Rep: -56
  • ollies r teh fun
    • olliemag avatar image
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2007, 12:50:41 PM »
Active's seemed weird for a while though. Don't know if it's entirely a bad thing or a good thing, but have you seen their catalogs?

I've seen local goof kids, who "rip"... but there attire is always a little strange. Just a jumble of brands and styles. Like you can clearly see that these kids are really into skating, but the
clash of Zero and Ice cream and Lakai and _______ makes you scratch your head.

So is it a bad thing... that some younger skaters seem to have a "no color lines" feel when it comes to brands? Or can you blame places like active? The point about their catalogs, is that there is no differentiation between anything... You'll see the ice cream hoodie, next to the zero, next to the ipath beanie. If I was unaware of all brands (wish I was) and headed to Active to get some clothes or whatever... I'd look like a real goof too (If I didn't already)

I never knew skateboarding was a fashion show.

JunglePOP

• Rep: 29
  • Art Hellemen where are you?
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2007, 12:55:30 PM »
Active's seemed weird for a while though. Don't know if it's entirely a bad thing or a good thing, but have you seen their catalogs?

I've seen local goof kids, who "rip"... but there attire is always a little strange. Just a jumble of brands and styles. Like you can clearly see that these kids are really into skating, but the

So is it a bad thing... that some younger skaters seem to have a "no color lines" feel when it comes to brands? Or can you blame places like active? The point about their catalogs, is that there is no differentiation between anything... You'll see the ice cream hoodie, next to the zero, next to the ipath beanie. If I was unaware of all brands (wish I was) and headed to Active to get some clothes or whatever... I'd look like a real goof too (If I didn't already)

man thats like wearing a hilfiger shirt with polo jeans, alert the fashion authorities!!!
Sorry, sometimes I get overly defensive on that point.

hairy gary

« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2007, 12:58:43 PM »
thanks for your contribution gary

I could contribute more if you would like. Perhaps we could discuss the taboo caged heat that lies in skateboarding's cum stained underbelly, and how in seven in a half years most of us will be sessioning beds together instead of ledges. Can we talk about that? I can wait. I am patiient.

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2007, 01:42:44 PM »

sorry, sorry, i couldt help myself, i knew how much it would bum people out. hahahahah, bum, get it? that last pic!

hahahahah, oh, its from viceland.com the fashion article.

I need a coffee

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2007, 02:05:22 PM »
Sfa - can I get a fucking "not safe for work" warning next time?

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2007, 02:09:37 PM »
sorry, that is a not safe for work..........my bad, funny though?!?!?!?
I need a coffee

hairy gary

« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2007, 02:11:13 PM »
Hahahaha I know the guy on the right!!!! This is what skateboarding will be all about when you quit skateboarding, and even some of you now know the finer pleasures, but are keeping it inside you, let other skaters inside you, and you will feel better.

picklesickshuv-it

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2007, 03:09:01 PM »
Sfa - can I get a fucking "not safe for work" warning next time?
hahaha, HONESTLY!!
i always want to check the funny myspace page but Im scared

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2007, 03:47:45 PM »
^^^^ The IT gestapo at my place of employment have any images from MySpace blocked, so I don't really have to worry about those, but when a photo of two dudes kissing in the shower pop up, I freak out a bit.

hairy gary

« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2007, 04:06:27 PM »
^^^^ The IT gestapo at my place of employment have any images from MySpace blocked, so I don't really have to worry about those, but when a photo of two dudes kissing in the shower pop up, I freak out a bit.

Don't worry, they were only in the shower for a short bit, they took they action out onto the bed after, because thad hates getting hand jobs with dudes with pruney fingers. I heard that Thad ended up getting shampoo in his piss hole anyways, and it stung while he pee'd for the next three days. That is why I never jerk off in the shower anymore, the lather looks fun, but it is not. In addition due to my hairyness, for some reason cum turns into superglue when it gets wet, and you spend the whole afternoon unsticking yourself, and crying when you pee. No thanks!

picklesickshuv-it

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2007, 04:32:56 PM »
So Otis B Driftwood, how is arguing for the sake of arguing going?  Because it looks rather cheesy on my moniter

ChinoXL

« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2007, 04:38:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
  Why did they sue Volcom?  Did Volcom steal some denim designs from Active's line of crappy jeans?
volcom tried to quit selling to active because they kept opening shops super close to other shops and were trying to take them out of business. volcom thought that was wack and told them they were going to stop selling to active, active thought that was wack and decided to sue volcom. active IS WACK

Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2007, 04:46:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
volcom tried to quit selling to active because they kept opening shops super close to other shops and were trying to take them out of business. volcom thought that was wack and told them they were going to stop selling to active, active thought that was wack and decided to sue volcom. active IS WACK
How can Active sue Volcom for not selling to them?  I thought these clothing companies decided which shops they decide to sell too? 

Sheep

• Rep: -10
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2007, 04:52:06 PM »
So Otis B Driftwood, how is arguing for the sake of arguing going?  Because it looks rather cheesy on my moniter
Don't mind Otis. He's just the official Debbie Downer of the Slap MBs.

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2007, 04:53:37 PM »

Really? I always mix up the brands I wear, mainly because I never really ask myself "Self, do all the brands of your attire coordinate today?"

Actually, I think it's goofy to match all the brands in your kit. Unless you ride for the company and you're getting all your shit for free, matching all your shit from head to toe by brand is ultra cheesy.

hairy gary

« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2007, 05:00:19 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Really? I always mix up the brands I wear, mainly because I never really ask myself "Self, do all the brands of your attire coordinate today?"

Actually, I think it's goofy to match all the brands in your kit. Unless you ride for the company and you're getting all your shit for free, matching all your shit from head to toe by brand is ultra cheesy.

And having a name like mullet man is not?

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2007, 05:12:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

And having a name like mullet man is not?

So weak.

That's all anyone's ever got, and it ain't even that good.

"You, uh... HAVE A MULLET! YEAH! N'YA N'YA N'YA!"

You suck at this internet thing.

chocolate pow!

• Rep: -2
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2007, 05:26:36 PM »
never understood how active went from this skate shop waaaaaay out in the IE for desert people to like the coolest thing ever...

i've been to a couple and they have cool shit but everytime i hear they open a new one and in the locations they open (rent wise) i think to my self "are the really doing that well"

truthbetold

• Rep: 3
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2007, 05:30:05 PM »

CCS is obviously the most vile out of the lot.  As another poster posted earlier in the thread, they're not owned by skateboarders; nor do they give back to skateboarding by providing anything other than products.  No signings, no demos, no contests - jack shit.  They're like fucking Hot Topic and Active combined.

Actually there are quite a few skate companys that are not owned by skateboarders. I posted a while ago that CCS gave away a shit load of Apple Products at the Tampa am. They gave my friend Dom Johnson a labtop for just missing the finals. If I remember correctly some dude gave Alex Olson an Ipod for backtail stalling the vert wall. I guess thats a start to supporting events. I was just looking at there team webpage and who ever wrote the team interviews knows skateboarding.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 05:32:28 PM by truthbetold »

JoshEwUhh

« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2007, 08:38:00 PM »

CCS is obviously the most vile out of the lot.  As another poster posted earlier in the thread, they're not owned by skateboarders; nor do they give back to skateboarding by providing anything other than products.  No signings, no demos, no contests - jack shit.  They're like fucking Hot Topic and Active combined.

Actually there are quite a few skate companys that are not owned by skateboarders. I posted a while ago that CCS gave away a shit load of Apple Products at the Tampa am. They gave my friend Dom Johnson a labtop for just missing the finals. If I remember correctly some dude gave Alex Olson an Ipod for backtail stalling the vert wall. I guess thats a start to supporting events. I was just looking at there team webpage and who ever wrote the team interviews knows skateboarding.

what the fuck does CCS even stand for?

Cheapass Cock Suckers???

jrock

« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2007, 08:56:11 PM »
it used to stand for "California Cheap Skates"

hairy gary

« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2007, 09:19:55 PM »
didn't it used to be just cheap skates in chicago? Didn't hensely work there?

sir ruffs a lot

• Rep: -1
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2007, 11:15:48 PM »
april fools

lurkinbroh

• Rep: -5
« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2007, 11:17:10 PM »
nobody cares